Discussion - What was the point of derriere going? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What was the point of derriere going?

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Seriously this is fishy i mean if we think that she couldn't really do anything to estarossa because of his full counter i would say there is something fishy about this and isn't wierd that derriere looks like the female version of meliodas?

Coincidence? Nakaba you .... don't tell me you are planning a estarossa x derriere? just thinking how esta is so obsessed with mel

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha that woule be awsome bro Der and Esta joining 7DS and the gang. Theyd be a perfect couple with huge amount of strength. Combo star combi Estarossa's rage

kaiiruuu

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Assuming Estarossa's full counter is just the melee version of Meliodas', there's actually a lot ways to counter it. Meliodas' full counter in the past has been countered even by the likes of Guila, Gilthunder and Vivian. I think Estarossa's case is no exception. Plus there's 2 AAs who might have abilities to conjure barriers or buffs for Deri for her attacks to work.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
If Estarossa loses his sanity then I imagine he also loses his Full counter ability, in retrospect to how Meliodas lost his when he went berserk.

Should be no different.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
If Estarossa loses his sanity then I imagine he also loses his Full counter ability, in retrospect to how Meliodas lost his when he went berserk.

Should be no different.
Nah i just think that there is a possible new ship the EstaroXrriere ::teehee

The girl looks like a female version of meliodas in terms of look it could work and leave mel and liz to their peace.

Her only move is combo star and we already saw many ways for that combo to become ineffective
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Haha that woule be awsome bro Der and Esta joining 7DS and the gang. Theyd be a perfect couple with huge amount of strength. Combo star combi Estarossa's rage

Joke: what would be the name of esta and derriere child?

The great Meliodas :D

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah i just think that there is a possible new ship the EstaroXrriere ::teehee

The girl looks like a female version of meliodas in terms of look it could work and leave mel and liz to their peace.

Her only move is combo star and we already saw many ways for that combo to become ineffective

Joke: what would be the name of esta and derriere child?

The great Meliodas :D
Haha. They can name it Estalodias.lol.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Should be no different.
Hmmm interesting. I think the opposite way because the more hes insane the more power in terms of strength he adds up. Just take for example incredible hulk, he loses his sanity when he turns green but comes with added strength. Which basically the source of Esta's counter is it not?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
King ain't better unless he fully growns wings, and even then is debatable if he could do anything. Also, seeing how insane Estarossa is right now I doubt he would think of using Full Counter.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Seriously this is fishy i mean if we think that she couldn't really do anything to estarossa because of his full counter i would say there is something fishy about this and isn't wierd that derriere looks like the female version of meliodas?

Coincidence? Nakaba you .... don't tell me you are planning a estarossa x derriere? just thinking how esta is so obsessed with mel
Two simple reasons:
  1. She is one of the strongest fighters.
  2. She can fly.

I never found that Mel and Derrierie were similar but a romance between these two is impossible.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Two simple reasons:
  1. She is one of the strongest fighters.
  2. She can fly.

I never found that Mel and Derrierie were similar but a romance between these two is impossible.
Well if she couldn't do anything to estarossa when he was at his original power lvl (60k) she simply has no chance to do anything to him now he is probably above 100k

Do you remember how easily he defeated the 2 archangels after absorbing the 2 commandments? effortless derriere couldn't even beat one archangel alone lol.

It's just stupid plot convenient because nakaba probably wants either to give estarossa a girl friend that will look like meliodas so he just plot forces derriere to go there despite see how she couldn't do a shit against him or he will kill derriere and give her commandment to estarossa or maybe derriere will give her commandment in exchange for estarossa to leave them alone or something but i doubt that's something estarossa could hold.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States

Should be no different.
except he is so munch mor ephysically powerful then her it doesn't matter.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
except he is so munch mor ephysically powerful then her it doesn't matter.
Who knows.

A 100-combo Derriere might be able to overpower Estarossa.

50 star combo was able to overpower Meliodas and Tarmiel so

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who knows.

Overpower a incredibly weakened Meliodas, who after getting back from purgatory was so fast she couldn't even land a attack (that was without his mark activated and his PL was 60, nearly half estarossa current level so she probably can't even see his attacks). Also Meliodas had just been attacked by zeldris had his movement restricted by Grayroad and was fighting Drole and Gloxina before hand. (Dominating but still.)

Tarmiel wasn't even trying, as the use of their graces show. So saying she overwhelmed him isn't really accurate. (he attacks couldn't do anything so he wasn't even in any danger.)

So assuming a 100-combo would do anything is just kinda not paying attention. Also Mel did use full counter against escanor so your point about estarossa not using it was not even valid. Making her as munch a liability as Ban before purgatory was.

Bøjan

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Who knows.

100-combo isn't that useful when it's against strong opponents. I bet demon mark Meliodas would block it just fine and this Estarossa should be a bit more than demon mark Mel level.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Who knows.

Well do you think estarossa will let himself get 50 or 100 hits? plus if she misses even a hit her entire combo magic reset.
100-combo isn't that useful when it's against strong opponents. I bet demon mark Meliodas would block it just fine and this Estarossa should be a bit more than demon mark Mel level.
I noticed this in the anime meliodas deactivated his magic in order to take those hits on purpose since he wanted to use revenge counter so if no pod tanked 53 -54 of derriere's combo star then i think with the basic pod he would had tanked at least 106 attacks and maybe in assault mode way more.

Derriere is boring as a fighter i mean she all keeps doing the same attacks there is no diversity.

Nudenun

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well if she couldn't do anything to estarossa when he was at his original power lvl (60k) she simply has no chance to do anything to him now he is probably above 100k

Do you remember how easily he defeated the 2 archangels after absorbing the 2 commandments? effortless derriere couldn't even beat one archangel alone.
Not gonna lie i find king the most useless to go there. Estarossa put holes in archangels before they realised it. King has the worst durability and healing power other than that his magic takes time to work, it isnt instant. King is the weakest among them. Tiny bit of hatred could get him powerless in estarossas presence.

MasniBog

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Well the point of her going is either to die and save Elizabeth in Ace style or get saved by Ban and join Ban fan girl club with Jericho xD

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
King and Derriere can fly and the AAs are going to need all the help they can get, so that's why those two are accompanying them. Derriere's personal reason for going is probably twofold, revenge for Monspiet and to help Elizabeth.

Combo Star could potentially work, however Derriere definitely wouldn't be able to achieve the necessary level herself. Her and Tamriel would need to work together to get her combo high enough and then King and Sariel would need to make sure Estarossa stays still long enough for Derriere to land the blow. Even then, after that's all said and done, they would need to scoop up Elizabeth and leave immediately as it's no guarantee that Estarossa would be put down by the hit.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
King and Derriere can fly and the AAs are going to need all the help they can get, so that's why those two are accompanying them. Derriere's personal reason for going is probably twofold, revenge for Monspiet and to help Elizabeth.

Combo Star could potentially work, however Derriere definitely wouldn't be able to achieve the necessary level herself. Her and Tamriel would need to work together to get her combo high enough and then King and Sariel would need to make sure Estarossa stays still long enough for Derriere to land the blow. Even then, after that's all said and done, they would need to scoop up Elizabeth and leave immediately as it's no guarantee that Estarossa would be put down by the hit.
It seems very likely that Elizabeth is going to want to save Estarossa from the darkness ravaging his mind.

So she'll try to purify him and if anything goes wrong, then the AA are there to help her, but I'm pretty sure it's going to end with her successfully purifying him and then perhaps he maybe joins the side of the alliance? Who knows.

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
she just cares about elizabeth and is attracted to her light like a moth to the flame similar to meliodas

Last edited by a moderator: