What will happen when luffy meets his father?

Wale

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Well i think Dragon will ask Luffy to join the rebellion and after Luffy rejects they will have a fight or Dragon gives Luffy a speak about the New World or something like that..

Highseas7

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
i dont think he would he belives luffy should follow his own way i mean that y he helped him in logue town and superman that joke was funny so dont feel bad i giggled i swear

black_crow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that when they meet Luffy will have no idea who he is
then someone will go into a long indepth explanation about who he is and his whole life history
then Luffy will be lost and say "o i see" and blindly accept it:luffy

ElUniversal

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well.. Garp is Dragon's father, and since Luffy and Garp are so much alike, I doubt that Luffy god his Luffyness from his mother. More like it might have skipped a generation (since Dragon doesn't seem to be a "Luffy" person.. :p )
We don't know if Dragon is Garp's son....maybe Luffy's mother is Garp's daughter, and she is/was some kind of marine
And maybe Dragon's father is Gol D. Rogers :blink...or probably not...:p

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I want to know what you all think will happen when luffy finally meets his dad

I think luffy will be bitterly enraged that his father walked out on him and only now shows up when he needs him for his strength
I think Luffy would embrace his father after he beat the living crap out of him, it only natural for a neglected child to response in that manner. :blink

Z-DarkSlayer-Z

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Romania
We don't know if Dragon is Garp's son....maybe Luffy's mother is Garp's daughter, and she is/was some kind of marine
And maybe Dragon's father is Gol D. Rogers :blink...or probably not...:p
actualy we know that garp is dragon's father. Luffy's name is Monkey D. Luffy so Dragon's name is Monkey D. Dragon and Garp's name is Monkey D. Garp so yeah... Garp is Dragon's father. :darn yeah i know... it's kinda complicated xD

DARK

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy brushes him off, simply because he doesn't care about his father.

gosakurago

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hmm it depends on the situation in which they meet. my guess is that oda wont introduce dragon to luffy until some dire situation happens (probably w/ the WG), in which luffy is either brought to dragon or he decides to go to see his father on his own. luffy will probably end up showing off his strength to his dad first before they even talk. but thats all just speculation. :)

BetaRuler

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i reckon it COULD be related to the latest chapter with Rayleigh giving Luffy a sidequest! Which leads to Luffy being brought to Dragon with a huge "DUN DUN DUUUUUNNN", and Dragon sitting on a throne being like "SUP?" but really slow...

frontaLobotomy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Luffy will probably be pretty nonchalant about it. It's not like Dragon has really been there for him. I doubt he'd be mad at him like Ace was with Roger, but it won't be at all nostalgic. I'd be willing to bet that they're both scared of Garp though.

anaskr

Reaction score
Country
India
luffy is pretty matured when it comes to a relationship !! he will just have a talk ... like hey father hows it going? what you doing? do you wanna be the pirate king? dont come in my way cuz i am gonna be the pirate king and if its u in my way i will need to beat you too... if it was garp who luffy wud have told this garp wud have punched him hard , but dragon will mostly have a wicked smile !! and then luffy will depart !! i dont think there would be anything important !!

dragon may follow luffy to see what he is doing after that ...

one piece could be the last piece of the the OP world where these citizen of Will of D stay !! and luffy will be its king sooner or later which roger cudn because of his health.. he never wanted to risk their lifes and change the outcome.. maybe this was the first time where roger had run :)

PaPiPuPePo~

Reaction score
Country
Germany
the problem is we dont know what for a nature dragon has is he a funny one or a cold one hmmm
its so hard to imagine
i dont know maybe
luffy: ah so ka so you are my dad nice to meet you
Dragon: ????????( dont know really XD)
luffy: this is zoro hes a baka has no sense of direction hahaha
Zoro: SHut up!
Lu: Usopp he is a LIar
Uso: Oi
Lu: Sanji he loves woman
Sanji: *sees a cute revou. girl* mellorine melllorin XD
lu: my navigator nami she loves money und mikans
nami: *she is scared*
Lu:chopper our ship doctor cool 7-transform reindeer
chopper:*hide behind robin*
lu: this is robin
Ro: so this is the leader of the revou.
Lu: Franky our shipwright
Fra: ******???
Lu: Our Musician Brook he is a skeleton with a afro
Bro: yohoohho hello luffysdad nice to meet you watashi wa brook desu *open his head*
Lu: Dont they crack you?
Dragon: ?????????????????
Iva: so it was true that the curly eyebrow is mugiboys nakama
Sanji: shut up *turns to the girl * Mellorine mellorin XD
really i have no idea :P

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States
i dont think dragon will be cold to luffy, but it will be awkward since they have never met. i think dragon left luffy for his protection. dragon knew taking luffy with him would put him into danger, so he let him with garp. i think the reason dragon started the RA will be centered around luffy's mother.

dragon and luffy look nothing alike, so im sure luffy gets his looks and attitude from his mother. i think dragon will tell luffy what the will of D and tell him why he started the RA

PaPiPuPePo~

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i dont think dragon will be cold to luffy, but it will be awkward since they have never met. i think dragon left luffy for his protection. dragon knew taking luffy with him would put him into danger, so he let him with garp. i think the reason dragon started the RA will be centered around luffy's mother.

dragon and luffy look nothing alike, so im sure luffy gets his looks and attitude from his mother. i think dragon will tell luffy what the will of D and tell him why he started the RA
i mean with cold
dont show his emotion or something like that dont like to show his emotion
uff i cant wait until they meet
maybe dragon says to luffy
'Iam proud luffy'Kyaaa omg cant wait XD
i think the same he left luffy behind to protect him x3

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't imagine or describe the scene when they do eventually meet in OP lol. However, I do believe that we'll learn something about Luffy's mother around this time ("this time" referring to the moments that will lead to Luffy x Dragon meeting for the very first time since Luffy was born, maybe!?)

Garp - Hero of the Marines; his son being...Dragon; RV Leader, the most dangerous and most wanted man in the world oh and his son is the one and only...Monkey D. Luffy! COME ON! We're bound to be informed of and learn about Luffy's mother somewhere in the near future. Whether she is still alive or not...I don't know.