What would you like to be: Exorcist, Noah, bookman or anything else? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What would you like to be: Exorcist, Noah, bookman or anything else?

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, what would you like to be?
Would you like to join the Black Order as an exorcist (with the corresponding Innocence of course ^_^) or would you prefer to be one of the enemies, a member of the Noah family? Or would you maybe even like to be a bookman, gather and document ancient stories, documents, etc. ?

A difficult question I think, especially for me who likes the exorcists but also admires the Noah-family. @.@
Hm...after thinking about it for quite a while, I guess I would like to be a member of the Noah-family. (Being together with Tiki <3 <3 <3 , kyaaaa) They are humans even if they are "friends" with akuma and have some great abilities. They have a sadistic core and that's what I like. Not that I am sadistic (just in my mind :P). Furthermore I think it would be interesting to join the "evil" side once, not just the "good" one like you often do in games for example. To sum it up, I guess my main reason why I would like to be a member of the Noah-family is that I simply love this rare family full of dark desires, muhahahahaha XD *coughs* gomen. Although being an exorcist or bookman doesn't sound bad ^__^. But I prefer the Noahs and one has to be the evil one in this story :P.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well this is indeed hadr to choose. Simple reason: because Hoshino makes even an enemy a admiring character in the story.

But if I have to: It would be a bookman. Why? First of all because I always have admired characters who have a huge knowledge about history, world,... + They are always very important, somehow they are a big help towards the excorsists because of that knowledge. A second reason, is because of rabi/lavi (from now on, rabi) he is the coolest character in the whole story, so being a chraracter would be rabi for me. Conlusion: that would make me a bookman.

What about the others? Well I would also be a noah. Humans who decide the side of akuma and the earl. Awesome. Their abilities awesome too (without innocence no?). And especially because they intrigue me the most...

1. bookman
2. noah
3. excorsist

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
How come both of you are choosing sides based on who's in there (Tiki, Rabi)? Just kidding! :p I agree with koenosaki on Hoshino making the enemies likeable.

I would also like to be a Noah. They are not dependent on Innocence when it comes to their abilities. They're more indestructible too. If it's an exorcist figting with an equipment-type anti-akuma weapon, just separate the weapon and the exorcist and bingo! Dead exorcist. Parasite types are more challenging but Hoshino pulls off plot devices for exorcists to survive. Not exactly the best way to win, is it? While I may be lacking in sadism, I could make it up by being intimidating :D The Noah are an interesting lot, more than the exorcists IMO so I'd rather hang out with them. I would consider choosing bookman only for Rabi, and an exorcist if I were a conformer who likes my ability.

No love for finders? :fan

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
bookman :D

imo, information is important...i guess?
(exorcist/noah? -> i can't take the stress of saving the world, or destroying the world...) :P
and i always end up on the fence in many situations...

Croxx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Bookman.
Because I would like to be a neutral side.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Croxx said:
Bookman.
Because I would like to be a neutral side.
So that make bookman vs noah vs excorsist: 3-2-0 (wooowww, never tought bookman were that famous)

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
seeing two sides of the war will truely be interesting imo :D
ignorance is a bliss<-- i don't really believe in that :P

i have to admit that eventhough i'd like to be a bookman, i'll be siding more with the exorcists...
(i did thought of saving the world by destroying it...
but so far, the world is not too bad a place :)
-that's life-

unless i have to need photographic memory like rabi...i'll probably not be a bookman afterall =.=;; (memory work is not really my thing...)

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow. I thought more people would choose to be an exorcist. Maybe, it is just too exhausting to be one XD and on the good side, boring ^__^". Well, just some people have commented on my question, so maybe there is stilll a chance for the exorcists. XD

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
this question is kinda hard,
because i'd love to be in allen's role with his innocence and all the way it is - not that i think it's not hard for him, but still...
on the other hand, being bookman does not exclude being an exorcist - see rabi.

the biggest thing that speaks against the exorcists is the whole load of uncertainties...
you don't know if the person standing next to you is your enemy, you don't know what the innocence will be, how much synchro you'll have with it, if you'll be just a little pawn and all...
whereas the noahs are one thing for sure: strong and against all humans that aren't noah.

so i'd say that i would love to be an exorcist when i can decide on my own innocence powers and synchro and stuff ^^

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ttxdragon said:
the biggest thing that speaks against the exorcists is the whole load of uncertainties...
you don't know if the person standing next to you is your enemy, you don't know what the innocence will be, how much synchro you'll have with it, if you'll be just a little pawn and all...
whereas the noahs are one thing for sure: strong and against all humans that aren't noah.
bingo-!
and there stays the responsibility of saving the world on the shoulders of the exorcists.
(it was the chapters on suman that really made me open my eyes on being an exorcist...)

noahs don't seem to have it easy-going either, seems like they each have individual painful memories/pasts. their inherited genes aren't helping them either...
in the sense that if they could have been normal humans, theres a possibility that they could have had better lives?
(for the noahs, i somehow feel that they were quite mercilessly dragged into the war. although the exorcists are in a similar situation, the noahs seem more sadistic due to their dual sides...?)

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I'll go against the majority and pick exorcist if I could have an eye like Allen's. His scar is kinda artsy in a way and I LOVE their uniforms even though Lenalee's does seem impractical. I don't think the burden would bother me that much (heck, I'm premed; I lost my sanity a while ago when I chose my major) :p

I don't really know what kind of exorcist I would be because it would be painful to fix a parasitic one and knowing me, I would misplace my equipment Innocence :darn

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
snoogen0120 said:
Well, I'll go against the majority and pick exorcist if I could have an eye like Allen's. His scar is kinda artsy in a way and I LOVE their uniforms even though Lenalee's does seem impractical. I don't think the burden would bother me that much (heck, I'm premed; I lost my sanity a while ago when I chose my major) :p
work-work-work hard to get promoted!! (i need to say this: slave for your guild!)
maybe you should come up with your own personal design of the uniform you would want to wear (every exorcists have slightly different uniforms don't they? :)
-i know i would-

snoogen0120 said:
I don't really know what kind of exorcist I would be because it would be painful to fix a parasitic one and knowing me, I would misplace my equipment Innocence :darn
that is a difficult situation...*thinks -hmmmm-*
maybe there'll be different types of conformers other than parasitic/equipment?

Q: i wonder, what type of exorcist is helubraska? (sp?)
so...what is 65? (rokuguugo) / what is he/she/it made of?

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hehe, okay, the people who would like to be an exorcist increases ^_^.
Oh, snoogen0120, I wish you good luck with the eye, casue we all know, it seems to be painful having a cursed one, think of Rabi what he said about it while he was calling Komui. Even Rabi think it was scary, this black-and-white world Allen lives in - the hell XD.

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll be an exorcist.

I'd have the equipment type and it probably will be gloves that endow me with powerful blows and strong enough to pull the dark matter straight out of the Noahs

yea that'd be cool

If I can't get that power then maybe a yo-yo that'd be cool too

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
tune said:
Q: i wonder, what type of exorcist is helubraska? (sp?)
so...what is 65? (rokuguugo) / what is he/she/it made of?
I don't know what kind of exorcist Hevlaska is. I just assumed that her Innocence surrounds her as a way to protect her like Allen's latest form (I doubt she's some kind of monster). I heard 65 is the supposed "ghost" of HQ but I assumed that he was a robot in a shape of a ghost. Don't take my word on it though; it's just a guess.

Schwindelmagier said:
Oh, snoogen0120, I wish you good luck with the eye, casue we all know, it seems to be painful having a cursed one, think of Rabi what he said about it while he was calling Komui. Even Rabi think it was scary, this black-and-white world Allen lives in - the hell XD.
I think I'll find a way to deal... After all that's what painkillers and shrinks are for!

deathshadow25 said:
I'll be an exorcist.

I'd have the equipment type and it probably will be gloves that endow me with powerful blows and strong enough to pull the dark matter straight out of the Noahs

yea that'd be cool

If I can't get that power then maybe a yo-yo that'd be cool too
Sweet, another exorcist! I thought you would pick some power related to physics though... XP

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
snoogen0120 said:
I don't know what kind of exorcist Hevlaska is. I just assumed that her Innocence surrounds her as a way to protect her like Allen's latest form (I doubt she's some kind of monster). I heard 65 is the supposed "ghost" of HQ but I assumed that he was a robot in a shape of a ghost. Don't take my word on it though; it's just a guess.

I think I'll find a way to deal... After all that's what painkillers and shrinks are for!

Sweet, another exorcist! I thought you would pick some power related to physics though... XP
I've had enough of physics BF I just want to bash things

Croxx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Isn't that exhausting to be an exorcists?

I used to like an exorcists but after I read later,it seems like the world in D.Gray is kind spooky.

And exorcists can't do sth to increase their synch rate but Noah can use their full strenght and they're immortal. (It really stabbed my heart when Tiki said "if we Noahs are seen immortal, maybe it's just you human who is weak" -_-)

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
true...being as exorcist seems insanely exhausting (i'm an indoor person =.=;;)
look at the training allen went through
look at the traning kanda puts himself through
look at the injuries they get during missions
makes me wonder how do the generals "train" their pupils...
(no, please, one cross is enough for the goodness of all those who want to be exorcists...)

on the brighter note, it almost seems (imo) that there is a chance of innocence being able to "evolve", and they *are* the only standing hope against akuma-kind....

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Surely, without exorcists, the world would be full of Akuma. But somehow I doubt that the Noah would have so much fun killing normal humans, I mean, they offer no counter-attack and if you have to kill persons who are not able to struggle, where is the fun for the Noah, especially for Tiki who represents the "Pleasure" (OMG, I am sounding sadistic, no wonder why I chose to be a Noah if I could be, haha, my friend immediately labeled me as a brutal being XD).
But the Earl wants to defeat the exorcists. Maybe he should rethink that XD, haha.
Well, they are causing too much trouble for him.

I am also an indoor person ^_^". And I guess exorcist-being is much more exhausting than being a Noah although both is kinda exhausting. But there is one huge difference in the things both are doing. They are both fighting but Noahs have much more fun fighting than exorcists. They just destroy things and exorcists have to protect those things/beings.
Wow, a difficult job, but for those who wants to protect the "world", it's perfect XD.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sheesh, in D.Grayman everything is pretty tough. Not only are exorcist resbonsible for everyone's life but as soon as you begin to doubt yourself the innocence consumes you (rest in peace Solomon) Um i guess Noahs don't have it easy either, they are constantly abused by the Earl according to Jesdebi and Skin never really did get to enjoy his Noahism.