Gotham City | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gotham City

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Well what I did last year in my hospitality course tasted good so I could so some of them, and also try recipes I've wanted to do but haven't done before :XD I'll keep you updated haha ;) Might cost to get a cocktail set and some of the liqueurs but it'll be worth it in the end :kappa

Away from cocktails, I've been big on my whisky recently. Have had a really nice local Tasmanian single malt from Spring Bay distillery; aged in wild turkey bourbon casks and it's splendid. Nice creme brulee and vanilla notes, and an easy drink which is dangerous :lmao Good to ease the sorrows from this turbulent day, but also good in general to just kick back and enjoy.
When your sentences stop making sense I'll know you've been sampling your product a little too enthusiastically lol.

The whisky sounds good but I'm not a big fan of whisky in general. I do have a cinnamon one called fireball that tastes like candy until it's inside you, then you understand where the name came from :lmao but other than that I don't really go near the stuff.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
When your sentences stop making sense I'll know you've been sampling your product a little too enthusiastically lol.

The whisky sounds good but I'm not a big fan of whisky in general. I do have a cinnamon one called fireball that tastes like candy until it's inside you, then you understand where the name came from :lmao but other than that I don't really go near the stuff.
I've had a bit tonight but I think it makes sense :XD What can I clarify about my sentences?

Haha this whisky is good, and I reckon it's pretty good whether you're new to it or a more seasoned whisky drinker. I've never had fireball but I've heard plenty of stories which makes me want to stick to the whisky I can trust; Scotch, Japanese and Australian/Tasmanian :XD

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I've had a bit tonight but I think it makes sense :XD What can I clarify about my sentences?

Haha this whisky is good, and I reckon it's pretty good whether you're new to it or a more seasoned whisky drinker. I've never had fireball but I've heard plenty of stories which makes me want to stick to the whisky I can trust; Scotch, Japanese and Australian/Tasmanian :XD
Yes it makes sense now. I'm talking about in the future when you start making all the cocktails on your list lol.

Good plan. I mean between the variety from each place you have enough to occupy yourself. I once told a bartender to surprise me, like I was some kind of wild west character 🙄 and I don't even remember what the drink was but I know it was too strong and not worth it. Just stick to what you know :lmao

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes it makes sense now. I'm talking about in the future when you start making all the cocktails on your list lol.

Good plan. I mean between the variety from each place you have enough to occupy yourself. I once told a bartender to surprise me, like I was some kind of wild west character 🙄 and I don't even remember what the drink was but I know it was too strong and not worth it. Just stick to what you know :lmao
Ah that's good to hear! I think I still have some of my old recipes in my discord server so I'll have to go through and pick out which I want to do first off, and then I can experiment with some new combinations. Was easier to experiment in the course as it wasn't my money buying the grog :lmao

I'm full of good plans, but sometimes I miss key points :kappa I only have my Spring Bay Single Malt Whisky, and some Baileys Strawberries and Cream at the moment, but I'm looking to grab a Japanese Whisky for the University holidays.

A good bartender should ask questions to develop what you like; a flavour profile etc. and then shape what they make/serve based upon that. Good ones can get bang on the mark or near it most of the time, others will just make assumptions and piss it up the wall :XD I'd specifically ask what you tend to drink, what flavours you like; things like that to figure out what I could suggest.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Ah that's good to hear! I think I still have some of my old recipes in my discord server so I'll have to go through and pick out which I want to do first off, and then I can experiment with some new combinations. Was easier to experiment in the course as it wasn't my money buying the grog :lmao

I'm full of good plans, but sometimes I miss key points :kappa I only have my Spring Bay Single Malt Whisky, and some Baileys Strawberries and Cream at the moment, but I'm looking to grab a Japanese Whisky for the University holidays.

A good bartender should ask questions to develop what you like; a flavour profile etc. and then shape what they make/serve based upon that. Good ones can get bang on the mark or near it most of the time, others will just make assumptions and piss it up the wall :XD I'd specifically ask what you tend to drink, what flavours you like; things like that to figure out what I could suggest.
Good luck with your experimentation. Feel free to show off the end products :D

And I guess he was confident in his abilities. Maybe someone else would have loved it but I usually lean towards sweet and/or fruity most times so that's probably why I couldn't appreciate it lol. I don't even know why I tried to be adventurous but lesson learned :XD

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Good luck with your experimentation. Feel free to show off the end products :D

And I guess he was confident in his abilities. Maybe someone else would have loved it but I usually lean towards sweet and/or fruity most times so that's probably why I couldn't appreciate it lol. I don't even know why I tried to be adventurous but lesson learned :XD
Well I'll take you up on that invitation :XD

Confident in your abilities or not, it's all about customer experience, if you can't get it right then they might end up feeling like they wasted their money which is no fun for anyone :heh I like fruity/sweet stuff too and I managed to make some fun ones last year which played on those flavour profiles. I think my favourite both look-wise and taste-wise was what the others called the "Shining Sapphire" but me being a weeb pleb thought "le Saber". From memory it had:
- 30mL Parfait Amour
- 10mL Gin
- 30mL Blue Curacao
- 15mL Sugar Syrup

After that you shake those with ice, serve in a glass with ice and top it with lemonade for a nice sweet finish, stir and then garnish with lime. Was very nice. Parfait Amour (french for Perfect Love) is a nice sweet taste similar to musk mints, Gin ofc is Gin for a bit of kick but it's balanced out, and Blue Curacao (bitter but still citrusy sweet Orange) gives a nice fruity taste to it. Sugar Syrup and Lemonade balance out the flavours giving it a sweet taste but one that isn't overboard. I'd recommend getting it made or trying to make it yourself :heh

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Well I'll take you up on that invitation :XD

Confident in your abilities or not, it's all about customer experience, if you can't get it right then they might end up feeling like they wasted their money which is no fun for anyone :heh I like fruity/sweet stuff too and I managed to make some fun ones last year which played on those flavour profiles. I think my favourite both look-wise and taste-wise was what the others called the "Shining Sapphire" but me being a weeb pleb thought "le Saber". From memory it had:
- 30mL Parfait Amour
- 10mL Gin
- 30mL Blue Curacao
- 15mL Sugar Syrup

After that you shake those with ice, serve in a glass with ice and top it with lemonade for a nice sweet finish, stir and then garnish with lime. Was very nice. Parfait Amour (french for Perfect Love) is a nice sweet taste similar to musk mints, Gin ofc is Gin for a bit of kick but it's balanced out, and Blue Curacao (bitter but still citrusy sweet Orange) gives a nice fruity taste to it. Sugar Syrup and Lemonade balance out the flavours giving it a sweet taste but one that isn't overboard. I'd recommend getting it made or trying to make it yourself :heh
If I make it you'll be the first to know lol. Thanks for the tip.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If I make it you'll be the first to know lol. Thanks for the tip.
No problem, after all I'm here to sirve :kappa and continue to make the same shit joke for years on end

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Alright let's stay to unleash some a lot Dr.stone fanart here in 3....2...

@Credits of the fanarts goes to doran7280

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Adding one more fanart here that I just saw rn from the artist~!

cc @Hermit :D

Thanks Magi!

Dropping some little goodies for you :zomg

This Makima cosplay :zomg

The cosplay is really accurate lol. Thanks Erin! From the recent popularity poll I'm actually surprised Reze seems so well liked.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Im surprsied too for reze too, i do love her chara design, but i dont especially like, her, more exactly, im indifferent to her. i prefer Quanxii or Power. Speaking of Quanxii i really was disppointed by her death, makima was ruthless, it broke my heart how such a proud figure as her was ready to lick Makima's boots to save her girls..

oh one more :

yeah this cosplay is so accurate and amazing.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Im surprsied too for reze too, i do love her chara design, but i dont especially like, her, more exactly, im indifferent to her. i prefer Quanxii or Power. Speaking of Quanxii i really was disppointed by her death, makima was ruthless, it broke my heart how such a proud figure as her was ready to lick Makima's boots to save her girls..

oh one more :

yeah this cosplay is so accurate and amazing.
Yeah the confirmation sucked. But she was the first one to break the truce, so in a way this was the inevitable conclusion. She would have been a cool Himeno replacement though.

@Belserion Is Michelangelo your favourite of the ninja turtles?
100%. He's the best.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Alright, I saw these right now so gonna drop them here:

<33333333333333333

@Credits of the fanarts goes to suruga_24

*w*

@credits goes to hitokotocc

@credits of the fanarts goes to hyknb

@Credits of the fanarts goes to NIAN_QAQ

@credit of the fanart goes to WindOrche

^ Fucking boss

@credits of the fanarts goes to kun47451724

@Credits of the fanart goes to didier_sttt

@Credit of the fanart goes to Saberiiii

Last but not least

@Credits of the fanarts goes to ebanoniwa

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I need my Kusuriya chap, it should come in upcomings days !

Oh sorry bel need absolutely to spam you some more art ! :arf Im so impressed by the number of amazing fanarts CS already had, it keeps growing a lot, despite the manga being quite new, :zomg here's some samples again (did my best to limit the number of pics, but there were some amazing ones couldnt help :errr (picked nly those not posted yet) and not lying theres a ton of them especially of Power :

@hyknb

@MontblanC_9_

@sano087

@9431116

@KazumaSawatari

@Denzi_T4

@l6Zcm

@toukaairab

@cj60909002

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@Erinyes I was wondering when Kusuriya would update! The struggle is real :nah

Thank you for the fanart :zomg Chainsaw might be new but it's definitely one of the best right now.