Archived - What's your goal in 2007? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived What's your goal in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
2007 is just two weeks away :amuse

I remember that my uncle stopped smoking a minute before the new year started. Always. Every year, as long as I knew him. He never stopped it for the whole new year, tough :notrust
That's a common thing in Germany on New Year's Eve. People suddenly stop smoking, stop eating chocolate or meat and promise to always be better in something, e.g. not fighting so much with the kids/parents ... well, they do it at least for a few days or weeks after New Year :darn

I don't do that. It's no use, I can't change myself from one minute to another.
But I have some goals for 2007. I will finish my studys finally (hopefully :p) and I will visit Japan and Scandinavia - a little dream comes true. I want to go on a special festival in spring and a concert in summer. And I will try to reduce my time at the computer.
There're more goals, but it's to private to tell you :XD

So, what's your goal in 2007? Any resolutions for New Year's Eve? :D

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
:ossu Become the #1 Street Fighter :ossu

(and come to Scandinavia, to me and Hermie :p)

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ibra87 said:
Rrr... I have to become more intelligent/clever. Much like Eileen :smile-big

(and come to Scandinavia, to me and Hermie :p)
hopefully-- i will be able to go to scandinavia-- i have been wishing to go there for soo long.

anyways-- i wish to stay alive. and be able to finally get time to scanlate again.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
March and get that diploma! :yelling Actually, I'll get an idea whether I'll be doing that in a few days. I also plan on getting a nice job after that. I am going to cross my fingers and pray that an employer that gives a decent salary would hire me. Of course, I don't want to screw up in my job either. I doubt if it would push through on 2007 (it could be set back in 2008 because a lot of our money could be spent following a move in residence mid-next year. We're just waiting for the construction to finish) but I would definitely love to go overseas again, preferably Europe. I have been to the US twice so I wanted to visit the next best thing that I could still consider "the other side of the globe". Japan would be nice too :amuse Oh, and stay alive without any complications to my health as much as possible.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ayah said:
March and get that diploma! :yelling Actually, I'll get an idea whether I'll be doing that in a few days. I also plan on getting a nice job after that. I am going to cross my fingers and pray that an employer that gives a decent salary would hire me. Of course, I don't want to screw up in my job either. I doubt if it would push through on 2007 (it could be set back in 2008 because a lot of our money could be spent following a move in residence mid-next year. We're just waiting for the construction to finish) but I would definitely love to go overseas again, preferably Europe. I have been to the US twice so I wanted to visit the next best thing that I could still consider "the other side of the globe". Japan would be nice too :amuse Oh, and stay alive without any complications to my health as much as possible.
I'm with ya there, Ein! xD

I want to get the effing diploma, and in April I want to get 4 letters in the mail; each one saying "Congratulations on being accepted..." and I want some letter notifying me that I've recieved (lots of) scholarship money.

I also plan on meeting Phil this summer ^^

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
LadyHatake said:
I'm with ya there, Ein! xD

I want to get the effing diploma, and in April I want to get 4 letters in the mail; each one saying "Congratulations on being accepted..." and I want some letter notifying me that I've recieved (lots of) scholarship money.

I also plan on meeting Phil this summer ^^
Why would someone like you go meet Dr. Phil? :blink

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
ibra87 said:
Why would someone like you go meet Dr. Phil? :blink
,oO Where'd you get Dr. Phil from?

Phil, as in GK xD

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Everybody has his/her own heroes I presume...

Oh well, my goal in 2007 is to finish my first year subjects (I'm a second year student only I have to beat some first year courses. If I fail one of them I fail two years of my education, damnit).

Second, my goal is to make more fun this year and trying to be less critical on someones behaviour (I can be very critical, especially when it has to do with doing things efficiently, but that's why I'm studying to become a manager ;) or rather the boss of a big company :D)

And of course finding a new job. I have a job, were I have a indefinetely (spelling) contract (so, theoretically I can work there forever), but they refused making me "shift-boss" (my direct bosses see potential, only the new manager above them who makes the decisions say that there are plenty of "shift-bosses") and that's why I decide to quit it.

And of course going on a vacation with my girlfriend.[br]Posted on: December 13, 2006, 05:16:35 PM_________________________________________________Oh yeah, forgot something:

LARGE FEET AND HANDS = LARGE PENIS? wtf?! xD :p Never heard of the speech "small people with great deeds?" :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I would love to get a better paying job, with loose working hours, no deadlines, and a raise every 3 months. (yeah, right!)
i wannabe a better person. and get my teeth fixed, i got too much cavities.

Talec

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My resolution is to write every day in my journal. xD Brought on by Embodiment, which is a fun comm. :D

I have a not-quite-resolution goal, too, which is to read at least some of a book (novel, manga, whatever) every day... I don't expect that one to last but I want to try! I have way too many unread books lying around! >(

Otherwise, I plan to keep doin' what I've started this year; Edited Manga, working on my fansite, getting better at Japanese, and assembling model kits. xD

Seiken

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway
My only goal is too get my lazy a** over to Japan! But I'm afraid that's highly unlikely... :darn

So, a more realistic goal would have to be that I be a better person (SOOO original).
Oh, and that I manage to get good enough grades to get back to my previous school.

Raseru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I really gotta learn more Japanese. Oh, and like Alex-san said, be a better person.

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to gradute in the winter of '07, get a notice saying that i got that good gov't job, have some fun, and o yea change my appearance, ( clothes etc.)

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States
The first and the most important I can think of right now is to get 5's on all my AP tests without dying.
Secondly, be able to manage my time much much better so that I can stay alive while keeping up with my super busy high school life.
Get in shape. Stay healthy.
Lastly and most important, don't let my family down, like I've been lately. :(

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
heh. kid, shoot for fourss. my ap class only got one five, and two fours. the girl that got the five was the first one in eight years to get it. i only got a two ;-;. but i got a 98 on the final. the best part of taking that test is clapsing back into a chair afterwards with the kids in your class and just going "holy s*** we got threw it!"

my first one is the same as last year, lose weight. its one that i am doing though. ive lost 30 lbs in the last couple of months, and im still losing it. the second one is get a new job. i dont care where. im working on my third year working for mcdonalds. third is learn japanese to the basic conversation level. right now its more like i understand one or two words per sentence. and im lucky of i getting them right. third is make it to the Boston Anime Con with my friends.

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
my goal(s) for 2007?

well....
~ As it is the last year of youth i am allowed to play i really wanna rock the gym with my team and win the Westgerman Volleyball A.Youth Cup!
And i want to improve with my team. And the most important thing: i want to stay with my team and i don't want to have to join the first team (which sucks due to the players' personalities >.>)
~ i want to rebuild the relationship with my father
~ i want to pass the qualifying examination at the new Uni and do my new studies properly

jairdan6

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my goal for 2007 is to rock the Boat AND the Vote on the same day preferably at the same time.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
To be more creative as always (yeah yeah, it possible if you want ;p) and to be more like Kuchiki Byakuya from Bleach (it was my first tought from i think september hmm :x) like in character: more calm, and more thinking and not showing any emotions (this is so funny to tell, but oh well xD).

Status
Not open for further replies.