Info Where to buy Japanese manga

melfra

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
United States
Does anyone know where to buy old issues of Beans A?

I'm sorry this is such a broad question... well, Beans A(ce?) is was a shoujo magazine, so I suppose it's slightly on topic...

I was reading Golden Corridor in Asuka before it switched over to Beans, and because I was late on the uptake I only have issue #19, while I know Beans started carrying the series at #17. I'm having a heck of a time finding these books online, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores that carry older magazines like this, or perhaps of someone willing to sell/trade for these magazines?

There was supposed to be a volume 2 release of the manga (Amazon even had it listed ;_;), but Yuiga Satol decided to put the series on hiatus with one chapter to spare. Please, if anyone could help, I would be immensely grateful!

Yagami121

Country
United States
Re: Where to buy Japanese manga online

Does anyone know a good or a few good sites that sell magazine Big Comic Spirits?

It has to sell older issues of it too, not that old but a few monts back

Last edited:

CreepyUncle

Country
Liechtenstein
Where can I buy issues of Weekly Young Jump?

Hello. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this thread, but does anyone here know of a website thats sells YJ?
I figure this is the right section, seeing that YJ is a seinen mag.
(Ebay's alright, but from what I've seen the sellers are never up-to-date with the latest issue.)

[kaiten]moved to otaku cafe[/kaiten]

Last edited by a moderator:

unc0mm0n

Country
Israel

Well the reason I registered to this site is to say "Thank you" to this topic. Thanks to it I found honto and was able to finally purchase myself some Japanese Manga.

Just one thing:
BK1 was reopened as Honto, and now ordering from there is not as simple as before, This might be helpful if you can't get around with the Japanese

Ryuma00

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Slovakia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

Hi, I wanna buy some ebooks from WSJ, but i can't find a site where they accept credit card from other country than japan... Do someone know some sited that it is available? Thanks

neroxyr

Country
Ecuador

In the beginning of the post found this site: http://www.kinokuniya.com, if you buy more than 1 the shipping is not that expensive. BTW, the accept international cards

Ryuma00

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Slovakia

In the beginning of the post found this site: http://www.kinokuniya.com, if you buy more than 1 the shipping is not that expensive. BTW, the accept international cards
Thanks, but I already tried that but i can't register my caredit card there so... I have to search elsewhere
PS. I am searching for e-books so no shipping only download from net...

ruze33

Country
Japan
Hello guys :)
I registered to help you with Japanese manga!
There's a site called 'Akiba-Market' with 300+ manga complete sets.
I bought a few sets there and the prices are always lower than Amazon or any other sites. I used E-Bay to buy City Hunter in Japanese but it was like half price on Akiba-Market so...
Anyway, I'd recommend that site if you want to buy Japanese manga set at low price.

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
Could you give a link? Any searches for that, Japanese or English, aren't yielding anything like what you're saying.

Jidan

Country
Galactic Empire
I wanted to order the first volume of Suisei no Gargantia. First I tried Yesasia and it looked like it worked fine. After a while I got a message that the order got cancelled. I tried using the some other sites which were suggested here. The only other site which got Gargantia vol.01 is amazon.co.jp BUT the shipment cost way too much (while the manga itseld costs only 580 yen...). The other sites didnt really had it (at least I couldnt find it using the 4 different names given on mangaupdates).
So does anyone know some other site where I can order Suisei no Gargantia Volume 01. I am living in europe, cant speak/read japanese at all and I dont really care about the shipment&manga prize as long the overall prize can be under/about 25 USD.

its was a long post but thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Slovenia
Try CDJapan says 5-7 days for a restock, Honto says 7-21 days.. other choice is MangaOh. You'll have to use a guide for the last two shops though since they are in Japanese.

Jidan

Country
Galactic Empire
@Ikari
Thank you very much.
PS. Also found it on HMV now but not through there search machine but via google and they stated that the volume appears in may (if i understood it right) but yesasia and wikipedia say april... kinda weird, but I am ordering it now and hope thats it.

SO thank you very much, you really helped me out :)

Last edited:

Jidan

Country
Galactic Empire
Oh you might be right. The page Ive found (via google) looked different. Well Ill just order the manga (check ISBN now).
Once again...
Thank you.

Last edited:

BanishingSorrow

Country
United States

How can i buy digital Mangas? Amazon Jp just don't let me.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Question for you guys and gals...where would one purchase older manga? Stuff that came out back in 2000-2005 ish? I'm looking to finish up my collections of Nakayama and Fukuchi works but am finding older series by the two are hard to get...specifically Ueki no Hosoku plus by Fukuchi, and Astral Engine by Nakayama. I'm sure I won't get shiny new copies of these manga which is fine, but is there anywhere that would ship used copies to the US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)