Character - Which 2nd year was already "Tezuka" level as of the current time. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Which 2nd year was already "Tezuka" level as of the current time.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Now, the title is a bit misleading, but I don't have much space for it. By this I means the place where Tezuka is at the begining of the series. Kantou-Tezuka or whatever. This is so that we can knows which 2nd year is in a good place right now. As of now if they continue to play tennis they should be at the high level similar to high tier right now in their 3rd year.

In my opinion, this would includes players who are the same level as Reginal! Tezuka, Sanada, and Atobe. And perhaps Rikkai players who are all supposedly at least Regional! Tezuka level

From what I've seen, I guess Momoshiro, Kaidoh, Kirihara, and maybe Hiyoshi?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I like threads like this one. Let's see, these are our options (unless I missed someone):

Hiyoshi Akaya Kaidou Momo Amane Kabaji Ootori Zaizen Kamio Tanishi Ibu Yuuta

Is it Tezuka with Muga? I think he achieved it as a first year, but he sealed the move, right?

Without Muga, I'd say that Kaidou, Kirihara, Kabaji and Momoshiro definetly have a chance (I see Kaidou being a bit ahead of the others... or Kabaji easily winning in a long match unless it rains or some bs like that). MAYBE Wakashi and (if God Konomi wants it) Zaizen. The rest would get absolutely destroyed.

If Tezuka has Muga then no one has a chance really.

Last edited:

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Kirihara is probably the only one at that level. Kaidou and momoshiro are reaching it, kabaka is just kabaji, Hitoshi and choutaro are hard to tell because with Hiyoshi it depends on konomi and choutaro is just a big server. Fudomine is still a ways off. Yuuta has a long way to go and zaizen I have no idea.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Kabaji was beating the crap out of Tezuka in the nationals :<

Kaidou and Momo are arguably better than Kirihara atm. Kaidou has his combo (that Kirihara didn't even try to return) and Momo has BJK (which is a really good move and, if the SSS reflection theory is right, maybe he could even reflect Tezuka Zone), so I can see both of them having a chance against Tezuka.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kirihara in Angel Mode might be at that level. That said, I'm uncertain that Tezuka in the beginning of the series is that over the top in comparison compare to Gyro Laser and BJK stuff anyways.

Kaidoh might not be due to bad match up though. Tezuka Zone DO own Laser combo pretty badly.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kaidou, Momoshiro, Kirihara, Hiyoshi, Kabaji.

They're probably on a comparable level just because of their stats at this point, I doubt Kanto!Tezuka had more than 14 or 15 total.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
How strong do you think the Kantou! Sanada is in comparison to all those characters?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hard to say. They mostly have straight forward styles, so Sanada could probably shut them down with FuuRinKaZan? I don't think he'd win on stats though.

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I think stat-wise the current 2nd years are either equal or a little above kantou tezuka and sanada. These guys were the top of the crop throughout the manga. Tezuka was a top player even with his injury. Angel mode is basically devil mode without the bloodlust and "insanity". The stat increase is still about the same but angel mode can only be used when paired with shiraishi. I think thats what was said in the fanbook. Kaidou and momoshiro just caught up to that tezuka. That tezuka was probably a little less than what he was before he played Yamato.

FuuRinKaZan actually cant shut them down now like they could have back then. Kaidou has his gyro laser and powered up stats. Momoshiro has BJK and increased power. We have yet to see more from them. Kantou Sanada could still probably beat them but it could go either way. Kabaji is hard to say because of his super copy.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
No, that's Sane Devil Mode. Angel Mode is what Kirihara has at the last part of his match with Shiraishi. Basing ourselves in the fanbook and what we saw in the manga, Angel Mode seems to be WAY better than Devil Mode. But yes, Kirihara can't be in that state if he isn't paired with Shiraishi... yet.

I think that Tezuka Zone > BJK and Kaidou's combo, but if the 2nd years have better stats than Tezuka then I could see it being something like a 50/50

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Offtopic, but just now I noticed that Kirihara is the character with the most ¨modes¨. 5 in total if we include bloodshot and Muga. Ryoma has the same amount.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think that Tezuka Zone > BJK and Kaidou's combo, but if the 2nd years have better stats than Tezuka then I could see it being something like a 50/50
I can see the latter, but Kanto!Tezuka already had trouble handling Kanto!Atobe's Jack Knife (from close up, but still), so I don't know if he'd be able to defend too well against BJK even with Zone.

Offtopic, but just now I noticed that Kirihara is the character with the most ¨modes¨. 5 in total if we include bloodshot and Muga. Ryoma has the same amount.
Are you counting Samurai as mode for Ryoma? Or what else did he show besides Muga and the doors?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I think JK kinda worked there because it surprised Tezuka. Atobe didn't use it again IIRC, which kinda says a little about how good that move is.

Also, remember how much Tezuka buttraped Momo in the school tournament (or wtv it is) before Kanto.

And yup, I was counting Samurai.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

But I'd like to remark, again, that BJK may be able to reflect TZ, which would be super troll.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Are you counting Samurai as mode for Ryoma? Or what else did he show besides Muga and the doors?
Technically Closed Eyes too. Since he entered that state against Atobe to actually benefit him in the match as oppose to pulling a Fuwa.