Which one of the Mugiwara crew has the most useful ability, aside from fighting ability? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Which one of the Mugiwara crew has the most useful ability, aside from fighting ability?

which mugiwara crew has the most usefull ability outside for face to face battle? (choose 3)

• Luffy ; Well, we see how he use his rubber body outside the fight, and it quite usefull

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Zorro ; His slashing ability proofed to be usefull to 'slash' a everyday problems doesn it?

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sanji ; same goes to his legs destructive power.... (plus he's an awesome chef)

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Nami ; be friend with nature and you always win.... Her navigation ability sure helps a lot...

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Ussop ; Tricky, creative, created many usefull 'secret' weapons

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Chopper ; As a Doctor, his medicine knowledge sure helps a lot... he also good with childrens.. ^ ^

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Robin ; Her DF power sure 'give hands' on everyday works, also full of experience and knowledge.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Franky ; He can make and modified things in an instant time... What more to be expected?

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Brook ; Extremely light, can sustain injuries, and has many musical talents for a variety of effects

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

weird_h

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
In one peace, the frontal/face to face fights are not the only problem they facing right?

[mod=Luckas]Edited the thread title for an easier comprehension.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Splat

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: other than to frontal fight, which crew do you think has the most usefull ability?

Has to be sanji, without him the whole crew would have died of hunger by now, he's basically single handedly keeping the crew alive. His is the only ability that doesn't require any of the others, since everyone else has to eat (except franky, but he hasn't been shown to be using his abilties other than the initial building of the ship).

Helltroll

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Which one of the Mugiwara crew has the most usefull ability, not considering fighting ability?

well..without sanji they would have died by hunegr, without nami they would bestill stuck in the east blue, without fchopper nami and all the others would be surely dead, without franky and ussop the ship would have no repair crew. these are all necessary things for a good crew and therefore i vote for all of them.
...and sry for overlooking the 3 choice limit.

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Which one of the Mugiwara crew has the most usefull ability, not considering fighting ability?

With the danger of the GL, having a good navigator is invaluble. Hell, without talented navigation skills, most pirates die entering the Reverse Mountains. Robin's probably the second most useful, with her Poneglyph reading, but they haven't really needed her for anything yet, Poneglyph-wise.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, that depends. If you mean in real life, then Chopper, definitely. A good doctor is VERY useful. The only contender being Robin, because extra hands are always a plus. (And she can use her powers for spying.) But in the One Piece world... probably Nami. A good navigator is extremely nescessary if you're sailing, especially if you're sailing in Grand Line. If any 1 other crew-member weren't there, they could still have managed to make it this far, albeit with alot more difficulty. But without Nami, the Straw Hats would be destroyed by the first storm that hit them, and they'd never even be able to get to the next island, because most of the other ones suck when it comes to knowing what direction to go in. (Would YOU trust Zoro as a navigator? And Luffy is only slightly better.)

However, I just thought of something: it might be Luffy. Because he's the one that keeps the Straw Hats going. He's the one who motivates them and makes sure that they follow their dreams to the end. That's always useful, whether you're sailing or not.

Last edited:

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

well i think that Nami and Chopper are obvious choices as they both have Above normal abilities in their fields navigation or medical skills. But i just think that my other choices are more suitable in my eyes and i love all the charcters :P

But the three i have choosen are Luffy, Franky, Robin Swan.

Luffy Because well one hes the captin and every one needs someone to follow why not luffy but hes also there to yell and scream and fight his way into showing his friends that their dreams are the most important thing and letting them end here is wrong

Franky Well he built the thousand sunny, And as show lately he can build a nicely detailed bridge in a matter of minutes if that !!! But also come on hes a cyborg with a fridge for a stomach now thats gonna be handy no matter who you are lol

Robin Yes shes only an archaeologist but she has her power which has alot of uses i think she can reach things with more accuracy and grace then luffy she can restrain people if they break onto the ship. As long as she can see it she can influence many things with her many arms

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Luffy's really only needed for fighting, although he does motivate everyone to their next goal. I was gonna vote for Franky, but then I thought more about it and voted Nami. He hasn't, well, done much lately, but if you think about it, he's helped out majorly like four times, since being in the crew. He made the ship, saved them from Garp, had those three little boats, built that bridge, and as someone not in the crew, destroyed the blueprints, saved Robin's life, and helped them escape by putting wind in the sails.

Robin...she's handy (no pun intended), but she hasn't really helped yet with the Poneglyphs.

weird_h

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Ok, my three are

1. Luffy. He has the ability to recruit a necessary crew... Never seen a problem wit his selection do we? His rubber ability can also be used as 'Anti-cannon' defense, ship bumper, and lifeguard....

2. Nami. Obviously, Her navigation ability, weather knowledge and booksmart about grand line really helps during Mugiwara journey....

3. Ussop. I must admit he's a genius!!! His catapult bullets sure helps alot... He also creaated many 'interesting' secret weapon... And his biggest invention is on Nami's climate stick... Without this invention, we cannot sure if nami will still alive.... He also work good with Dials received from skypiea..

IgnorantSage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I haven't voted in the poll yet but it's really unfair that the 'other skill' listed for Sanji is his skills in kicking and not in cooking (which is very important).

[tsuki]Added reference to cooking[/tsuki]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigCamaro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Nami.
Without her theyd be lost at sea or crashed into many giant walls, never made it into grandline, never made it into skypiea. She's the best navigator around.
For her secondary skill, shes unreplaceable.

Chopper is a great doctor, but he's not the best in the world, and he hasnt been with
the crew since before grandline. He could be replaced if necessary as likeable as he is.

Franky built a great new battleship, but theyve done well with Going Merry before, and could have had paulie or someone come with them instead for that skill, he wouldnt be as good but sufficient.

Same goes for Sanji, a great cook but there were lots of others on that ship, just none could fight like Sanji.

Ussop is an awesome weapon maker and makes those less useful in battle more useful. But they couldve probably found someone in skypiea who could make useful things for the ship and crew.

I think Robin's ability as a historian will wind up leading the crew into their finale and finding One Piece itself. But at present it hasn't brought them much in the way of fortune except being a bit interesting.

Luffy is an awesome captain, crazy enough to lead them into adventure anywhere, and keep spirits hight. But even if he gets captured, Zoro who is ussually his level headed guidance could do the job as well. And Zoro himself doesn't have any necessary secondary skills besides getting himself lost and keeping luffy in check.

Without Nami they wouldnt have been able to go on half these adventures. Not only is she the best navigator but I doubt any other navigator good enough to shoot them up to Skypiea would even dare to go.

Last edited:

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

you are all saying nami and she is important, one of the most, dont get me wrong but with out sanji they would have died or starvation. and they dont need to know where they are going, just ask luffy in the first episode when he is in the barrel he doesnt ask where he is just where is the food.

IM BACK FINALY

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Look, Sanji isn't that necessary. He just prepares the food. Buy any idiot could light a fire and stick meat and stuff in it. It wouldn't taste nearly as good as the food Sanji cooks, but they'd survive. Proof: they survived before Sanji joined. But before Nami joined, they just got lost. Luffy and Zoro had no idea where they were going after they defeated Morgan, they just randomly managed to get to where Buggy and Nami were. And Luffy was wandering around in a barrel without a clue of where he was before Alvida's crew found him. My point: Sanji isn't necessary to keep them from starving to death, just to make eating pleasant.

Splat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Look, Sanji isn't that necessary. He just prepares the food. Buy any idiot could light a fire and stick meat and stuff in it. It wouldn't taste nearly as good as the food Sanji cooks, but they'd survive. Proof: they survived before Sanji joined. But before Nami joined, they just got lost. Luffy and Zoro had no idea where they were going after they defeated Morgan, they just randomly managed to get to where Buggy and Nami were. And Luffy was wandering around in a barrel without a clue of where he was before Alvida's crew found him. My point: Sanji isn't necessary to keep them from starving to death, just to make eating pleasant.
It isn't just about eating good tasting food, sanji is also managing everyone's diets to ensure that they are healthy. Just eating meat wud kill them too. Take the example of when johnny and yosaku turned up suffering from scurvy, and yes nami knew what to do, but only because scurvy is common. There are many other diseases that you can get from not eating right, and sanji stops the crew from getting those.

smellyCheese

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Look, Sanji isn't that necessary. He just prepares the food. Buy any idiot could light a fire and stick meat and stuff in it.
This is how you die early of food poisoning, if goes wrong..

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands

well i say chopper, hands down. He is a very gifted doctor, i mean there are a lot of cooks and navigators in the world, but there are few doctors who are as gifted as him;)

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

chopper is a close second
but luffy's only cares about food and keeping his nakama safe and his goals, he doesnt care where he goes, but he cant move with out food so sanji keeps him able to move toward his goal while nami just gets him going in the right direction.

Musashi_Keiji

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

I think...
Usopp: He's creative in making weapons, such as his slingshot staff(forgot its name). And he's a sniper. If he can hit you dead aim from a distance in which he looks like a spec that's gotta be good.

Chopper: Doctor. He dopes himself to make himself more powerful. Because he is a doctor he has knowledge of poisons. Although he himself isn't as twisted to use poisons. He could with deadly force.

Franky: Tons of hidden weapons, super strength, and super armored body aaaaaaand he can transform into a centaur. He can make/fix things on the fly. All that and he can still swim! I don't remember seeing it in the anime or manga...But in the JUS game he breathes fire too!

Raysen_ht

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I say is Nami - 1st class navigator, and in the OP world of pitrates and traveling by ship thats a MUST have ability

Franky - he can bild preety much anithing if he has the material for it, and preety fast too!! (see bridge in TB)

Robin - Great at gathering information and a kick ass spy potencial

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sanji and his cooking will get everyone through the day. Chopper can't function without a great cook. There's a reason he is #3 in the SH gang.

Ussop. I don't care what anyone says, the boy has big kahones! He fought Luffy on equal terms and has sustained the most damage of ANY of the Mugiwara Ichimi (Strawhat Crew). He's grown a lot with the Sogeking mask and his sharpshooting is still the best.

Robin - Intelligence and Hotness... Nuff said.

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Nami - You short on money? You can count on her! With her thieving(?) skill and seductive power, no one can resist from being robbed :p

Robin - For me, I'm too lazy doing homework. She can do many chore at a time. Very useful! Plus, I failed history exams like 5 times during school time. Definitely a big help!

Chopper - Good for babysitting. Your kid wanna ride a horse? Chopper's the suitable size for your kid (in his animal form, ofc). Your kid probably will cry less with a living "toy" by his side, plus can be a family pet too!!

Hmm, I guess I'm the one giving reasons without concerning in the OP world :p well, at first when I read the title, that came straight to my mind. so forgive me for being different from u guys :p