Discussion Who Are Your Top 10 Strongest Characters?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
"But im different. Despite being a lion or an insect, I always use my full power"
that does not imply anything that he has the confidence of beating him at all

also as for mael's statements is based on being "not equal" and people take it seriously as being equal when the word doesn't have the same definition as equal. I also leave that statement because that only implies to meliodas who has emotions.

taking statement seriously without any feats=/= blatant statements that focuses on narration.

i.e masters being stronger than meliodas is not a narration but an inconsistent one without showing any feats to prove the point.
Come on Ger you know what this means

Escanor said he defeated Meliodas

Zeldris replies he plays so he lost

But Zeldris himself doesn't play so... he will win

It's easy to understand.

Ger

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Come on Ger you know what this means

Escanor said he defeated Meliodas

Zeldris replies he plays so he lost

But Zeldris himself doesn't play so... he will win

It's easy to understand.
> Escanor said he defeated meliodas
>zeldris assumes the meliodas was in chapter 246 and that is the only utmost current meliodas he ever saw and scaled him from The One and still said it's fodder to meliodas. So do not use the argument "zeldris wasn't there"
>Even zeldris was not aware that meliodas was gonna comeback after DK announced it. Which proves my argument even more

>Zeldris himself as that statement that u gave only said whoever it is he will use full power on, HENCE he said "im not like meliodas". Too bad the implication doesn't fit in your argument.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i like how you change the narration of character's statement to fit your headcanon xD

spill some beans where it implies zeldris implies he could beat escanor which he only did was compare his demeanor to meliodas in a fight.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
> Escanor said he defeated meliodas
>zeldris assumes the meliodas was in chapter 246 and that is the only utmost current meliodas he ever saw and scaled him from The One and still said it's fodder to meliodas. So do not use the argument "zeldris wasn't there"
>Even zeldris was not aware that meliodas was gonna comeback after DK announced it. Which proves my argument even more

>Zeldris himself as that statement that u gave only said whoever it is he will use full power on, HENCE he said "im not like meliodas". Too bad the implication doesn't fit in your argument.
Yeah he used his full power to play tennis with Escanor :teehee

He never meant he can defeat Escanor according to you.

Point is Zeldris thought he could defeat One Escanor and severely underestimated him.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah he used his full power to play tennis with Escanor :teehee

He never meant he can defeat Escanor according to you.

Point is Zeldris thought he could defeat One Escanor and severely underestimated him.
yeah he never meant he implied defeating escanor, why did you think he said he isn't like meliodas? you're clearly not done with reading comprehensions at all.

Point is your claim is not proven by any factual evidence but resorts into headcanon to support that claim when he literally talked about how he has different demeanor than meliodas. Hence why he even compared chapter 246 meliodas who he last sought and battled to escanor which compared both powers and say "well if meliodas would've gotten serious he would've beaten you" toying around is often to have massive big gap compare to going full power.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
yeah he never meant he implied defeating escanor, why did you think he said he isn't like meliodas? you're clearly not done with reading comprehensions at all.

Point is your claim is not proven by any factual evidence but resorts into headcanon to support that claim when he literally talked about how he has different demeanor than meliodas. Hence why he even compared chapter 246 meliodas who he last sought and battled to escanor which compared both powers and say "well if meliodas would've gotten serious he would've beaten you" toying around is often to have massive big gap compare to going full power.
I will try to put it in the simplest form

"Meliodas lost to you only because he plays with his opponents,but I am not like him,I always go all out against my opponents whoever they maybe to defeat them"

Why does a person go all out?To defeat one's opponent.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
"Meliodas lost to you only because he plays with his opponents,but I am not like him,I always go all out against my opponents whoever they maybe to defeat them"

Why does a person go all out?To defeat one's opponent.
see the point?? you're just twisting the narration of the statement to twist and fit it into your headcanon. So let me give you the actual quoting and fit it in a single line.

"You defeated Meliodas? …even if that were true, Meliodas wasn't going all out on you." "He's an awful lot strong and that's why he had the bad habit to look down on even strong people of any kind. Well, I suppose he had that coming to him. But im different despite an opponent being a lion or an insect i will always use my full power"

the context here isn't hard to grasp, he clearly compared how meliodas does in a fight vs him in a fight. While meliodas LIKES TO PLAY AROUND WHICH WE ALWAYS KNOW THROUGHOUT THE SERIES, comparing himself to meliodas he is different as he gets serious rather than play around. Did he say "defeat them" i don't where u get this awful headcanon from it's lookin bad to you.

uh why would u toy around when you know someone is strong?? and clearly didn't i said this earlier? he literally compared their power and meliodas own demeanor in fight and he literally came with a conclusion that despite being too powerful he has a bad habit of misjudging his opponents power. Hence why he said no matter who he fights he will always use his full power??

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
see the point?? you're just twisting the narration of the statement to twist and fit it into your headcanon. So let me give you the actual quoting and fit it in a single line.

"You defeated Meliodas? …even if that were true, Meliodas wasn't going all out on you." "He's an awful lot strong and that's why he had the bad habit to look down on even strong people of any kind. Well, I suppose he had that coming to him. But im different despite an opponent being a lion or an insect i will always use my full power"

the context here isn't hard to grasp, he clearly compared how meliodas does in a fight vs him in a fight. While meliodas LIKES TO PLAY AROUND WHICH WE ALWAYS KNOW THROUGHOUT THE SERIES, comparing himself to meliodas he is different as he gets serious rather than play around. Did he say "defeat them" i don't where u get this awful headcanon from it's lookin bad to you.

uh why would u toy around when you know someone is strong?? and clearly didn't i said this earlier? he literally compared their power and meliodas own demeanor in fight and he literally came with a conclusion that despite being too powerful he has a bad habit of misjudging his opponents power. Hence why he said no matter who he fights he will always use his full power??
Fine agree to disagree.

We will never agree on this point it seems.

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
huh? okay so please if you're goinga gaisnt the idea that prime meliodas who is I STATED BEING ABOVE him due to zeldris statements say that The One is fodder compare to him if he gets serious. What rebuttal do u have?
Zeldoris stated that Meliodas was above him? Above who? Escanor? Let's assume that Zel's estimation about Mel is not biased and knows how powerful his big brother is, but how can he have a valid estimation on Escanor's power? Zel and master were shocked to see him walking freely when ON was active, the battle was just begun, the only thing he should've found out about him till then was his tremendous power at his one mode. He compared them without even knowing the main source of Escanor's ability. The hilarious aspect of Zel's speech is that he finally lost to Escanor himself, so it can't lead us to a conclusion about anything. If Zel fought seriously and defeated Escanor, the situation would be like this:
Zel > Escanor
Mel > Zel

So
Mel > Escanor
It would be safe to assume that Mel lost to Escanor because he was not serious enough.

But now, the situation is:
Escanor > Zel
Mel > Zel

It's inconclusive. We can't know what would happen if Mel was serious too.

There is also another fact that you refuse to believe. Escanor the one was also toying with Mel, Pride vs Wrath was not a live or die battle.

One more thing, you seem to rely on character's quotes too much when they suggest Mel is the strongest. So what about Merlin's explanation of Escanor's power? Based on the info from this living encyclopedia, The One is the invincible incarnation of power.

Last edited:

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't take Zeldris statement seriously

1)He himself wasn't present there.

2) Obviously bias played a part in his statement.
I really don’t believe this is reasonable or logical.
1. Zel wasn’t there. That is true. But you were. You saw that fight. What zel said was not backed up by being a witness but you were the witness that zel was not. So was I. Zel said that Mel was defeated because he misjudged and played with his opponent, not taking them seriously as was his habit. You as the witness saw that Mel treated escanor as a punch dummy the entire time. He put in questionable effort all the way until the panel right before his defeat. Wether or not he could have won is another issue you can discuss but Mel’s behavior perfectly aligned with what zel had said of it. Even if zel was not a witness, he was not wrong, so why don’t you take it seriously?

2. My first point is relevant to the second but I would also like to add that having a bias does not make you inherently wrong at all. Bias is not synonymous with false. A fact is a fact. If someone is biased and states a fact, the reality that what he or she said is true does not and cannot change because he or she is bias. Zel has as a level of preference towards his older brothers power and grew up knowing him. But it was because of this that zel had an understanding of his brothers temperament in the past. This is something he was witness of. What zel said Mel did, you as the witness, saw Mel do. Bias does not change that.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I really don’t believe this is reasonable or logical.
1. Zel wasn’t there. That is true. But you were. You saw that fight. What zel said was not backed up by being a witness but you were the witness that zel was not. So was I. Zel said that Mel was defeated because he misjudged and played with his opponent, not taking them seriously as was his habit. You as the witness saw that Mel treated escanor as a punch dummy the entire time. He put in questionable effort all the way until the panel right before his defeat. Wether or not he could have won is another issue you can discuss but Mel’s behavior perfectly aligned with what zel had said of it. Even if zel was not a witness, he was not wrong, so why don’t you take it seriously?

2. My first point is relevant to the second but I would also like to add that having a bias does not make you inherently wrong at all. Bias is not synonymous with false. A fact is a fact. If someone is biased and states a fact, the reality that what he or she said is true does not and cannot change because he or she is bias. Zel has as a level of preference towards his older brothers power and grew up knowing him. But it was because of this that zel had an understanding of his brothers temperament in the past. This is something he was witness of. What zel said Mel did, you as the witness, saw Mel do. Bias does not change that.
Like I said before I don't buy Zeldris's statement.

Mythoclast

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
New list
1-Demon King/Supreme Deity
2-Mel with his asspull magic(He's ain't in the top 5 without it.)
3-The OG Demon
4-The One
5-King
6-Zeldris
7-Wild
8-The Induras
9-Ludociel
10-Merlin

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
1-Supreme Deity & demon Dad guy (After purgatory I put SD a little higher than him)

2- 5C Mel+OG magic (still under the gods)

3- Sun Mael

4- Sinner (I hope)

5-The one (Could be no 4 if sinner disappoints)

7-post purgatory Ban (Strongest human ever until Arthur awakens his potential)

8-King full wings (strongest fairy ever)

9-Wild tha Beast/OG bloodlustedElizabeth

10-AM Mel/Full power Diane (Put them both but I think that end of series Diane can overpower AM Mel)

Honorable mentions:

Merlin is tricky but not on the same level as these guys.
Ludo high PL but is afraid of AM level mel and couldnt even KO Zel with his grace. Also worst grace.
Zeldris falls a little short of AM Mel imo
Sariel and Tarmiel

Last edited:

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like I said before I don't buy Zeldris's statement.
I understand being skeptical of wether or not Mel could defeat escanor like zel implied but to say that someone is a liar for something you know was the truth? That’s pretty disturbing.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I understand being skeptical of wether or not Mel could defeat escanor like zel implied but to say that someone is a liar for something you know was the truth? That’s pretty disturbing.
I don't care for really a fictional biased character saying something :catshrug

He believed that he could defeat One Escanor but he failed,he also believed Meliodas will win against One Escanor which in my humble opinion is wrong until he actually shows it,and I doubt Meliodas can defeat Escanor in One Mode without getting 5 Commandments.

Last edited:

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't care for really a fictional biased character saying something :catshrug

He believed that he could defeat One Escanor but he failed,he also believed Meliodas will win against One Escanor which in my humble opinion is wrong until he actually shows it,and I doubt Meliodas can defeat Escanor in One Mode without getting 5 Commandments.
So if they’re bias, everything they say might as well not be said huh. You said for fictional characters right? Is they’re any difference in meaning between the bias of a real person as opposed to a fictional character? No, they mean the exact same thing. Having said that, you have a bias for the one, so why do you bother saying anything when you believe you yourself are lying?

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zeldoris stated that Meliodas was above him? Above who? Escanor? Let's assume that Zel's estimation about Mel is not biased and knows how powerful his big brother is, but how can he have a valid estimation on Escanor's power? Zel and master were shocked to see him walking freely when ON was active, the battle was just begun, the only thing he should've found out about him till then was his tremendous power at his one mode. He compared them without even knowing the main source of Escanor's ability. The hilarious aspect of Zel's speech is that he finally lost to Escanor himself, so it can't lead us to a conclusion about anything. If Zel fought seriously and defeated Escanor, the situation would be like this:
Zel > Escanor
Mel > Zel

So
Mel > Escanor
It would be safe to assume that Mel lost to Escanor because he was not serious enough.

But now, the situation is:
Escanor > Zel
Mel > Zel

It's inconclusive. We can't know what would happen if Mel was serious too.

There is also another fact that you refuse to believe. Escanor the one was also toying with Mel, Pride vs Wrath was not a live or die battle.

One more thing, you seem to rely on character's quotes too much when they suggest Mel is the strongest. So what about Merlin's explanation of Escanor's power? Based on the info from this living encyclopedia, The One is the invincible incarnation of power.
how can he have valid estimation of his power??? through sensing magic power?? that's the point of grace? which its magic ability grows stronger and reaching its peak why did you think chandler could sense the power of escanor??

actually that was cusack who was SHOCK he was going through the nebula not zeldris. So another misinformation. Chandler and zeldris didn't give a fuck whether he walked through the nebula.

Okay look in NNT you don't have to know the mechanics of someone's power when the scaling goes from another opponent sensing the person's magic power which he said "if you truly did defeat meliodas then he wasn't simply trying against you".

Also i already debunked arjuna with the same argument you made, zeldris was merely SAYING "Meliodas wasn't simply trying against, despite being awful lot strong he has a bad habit of toying around with strong opponents. But im different whether it's a lion or an insect i will always use my full power" where in the simple sentence intent to say zeldris is stronger than escanor? Literally if you can't read a simple sentence that is 5th grade level then you fail a comprehension test.

escanor was toying around with meliodas?? i dont see that implication but headcanon, you can't toy around while your power is subconscious and dependant on the sun's position around the globe. So you need to provide my evidence where he toyed around. Using his sword without touching meliodas does not determine toying around since we don't what the range of his weapon is. In fact there's a thing called using shockwaves to connect your attacks to the opponent how you see in many shounen using attacks and uses strong force coming from their physical strength.

yeah truly he's invincible even though zeldris debunk that notion and bruised him. clearly invincible right? Merlin is not the most reliable when it comes to this since it involves "hyperbolic statements", "exagerration", "wank", etc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
which i debunked many times through educational responses on what the character meant in context. if you cannot understand the simple concept of english comprehension then you failed the subject.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
not only that, zeldris the only time he fought meliodas was in chapter 246 at the latest moment of his fights with him. So even then you could argue the character's experience since he was comparing prime meliodas to escanor which he doubts escanor would defeat meliodas if meliodas were serious.

i mean the whole scenario of zeldris not knowing the fight is backed by the convo with him and DK about meliodas returning which he didn't realize.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
not only that, zeldris the only time he fought meliodas was in chapter 246 at the latest moment of his fights with him. So even then you could argue the character's experience since he was comparing prime meliodas to escanor which he doubts escanor would defeat meliodas if meliodas were serious.

i mean the whole scenario of zeldris not knowing the fight is backed by the convo with him and DK about meliodas returning which he didn't realize.
Zel attacked mel in 246. In the midst of Mel’s counteraction, zel had come to realize that Mel had returned to the person he was in the past, to whatever degree that was. The mel that zel grew up with was before his eyes. That is a mel really close to the Mel that zel was most familiar with and it was this Mel that zel had spoken of when he said that Mel is careless and later when he grew agitated about the word “friends” and it’s relation to the “emotionless” brother of his. I believe that the attitude of Mel’s that zel spoke of is more important than Zels belief that Mel could have won. Zels belief that Mel could win carries less weight because he had some capacity of understanding towards Mel’s power but he was not aware of escanors. It was a judgement made with incomplete data. His statement on Mel’s attitude is, however, accurate. He was familiar with Mel’s past tendencies and behavior to some degree and his statement in this regard were based on this familiarity. We as witnesses saw what he said was true. This aspect is valuable in suspecting Mel’s capability more than a little brother saying “my big brother could beat you.”

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Australia
how can he have valid estimation of his power??? through sensing magic power?? that's the point of grace? which its magic ability grows stronger and reaching its peak why did you think chandler could sense the power of escanor??

actually that was cusack who was SHOCK he was going through the nebula not zeldris. So another misinformation. Chandler and zeldris didn't give a fuck whether he walked through the nebula.

Okay look in NNT you don't have to know the mechanics of someone's power when the scaling goes from another opponent sensing the person's magic power which he said "if you truly did defeat meliodas then he wasn't simply trying against you".

Also i already debunked arjuna with the same argument you made, zeldris was merely SAYING "Meliodas wasn't simply trying against, despite being awful lot strong he has a bad habit of toying around with strong opponents. But im different whether it's a lion or an insect i will always use my full power" where in the simple sentence intent to say zeldris is stronger than escanor? Literally if you can't read a simple sentence that is 5th grade level then you fail a comprehension test.

escanor was toying around with meliodas?? i dont see that implication but headcanon, you can't toy around while your power is subconscious and dependant on the sun's position around the globe. So you need to provide my evidence where he toyed around. Using his sword without touching meliodas does not determine toying around since we don't what the range of his weapon is. In fact there's a thing called using shockwaves to connect your attacks to the opponent how you see in many shounen using attacks and uses strong force coming from their physical strength.

yeah truly he's invincible even though zeldris debunk that notion and bruised him. clearly invincible right? Merlin is not the most reliable when it comes to this since it involves "hyperbolic statements", "exagerration", "wank", etc.
At first, you should learn not to get rude and insult the others when defeated. I'd appreciate it if you don't act like a savage who has just finished reading some books on logics and philosophy.
And then let's continue with the arguments.
1. So Zeldris didn't give a fuck and yet called him a monster?
2. The only one who could guess the nature was chandler because he was already familiar with the grace itself, he didn't made a guess about how it works based on the amount of magic he felt.
3. I completely understand what's the point of @Arjuna 's post and fully agree with it. But my reasoning simply showed that what Zeldoris said is inconclusive, nothing less, nothing more. Talk about my post when answering mine. Show me the flaw in my deduction instead of labelling it as headcanon or estimate my ability to comprehend. In fact, as I told you before, you can't read the writer's mind. It's your most serious problem. You read nnt as if it is a scientific article. But no problem, analyze my reasoning using the rules of logics and show me my flaws. If you can't, then say anything and we consider that as your defeat. Insulting me won't help you at this point.
4. Speaking of headcanon, what is this part of your post called?
"you can't toy around while your power is subconscious and dependant on the sun's position around the globe." Were was it mentioned? Show me the evidence or again remain silent.
And who told using sword without touching means he was toying????? So you made a irrelevant guess about my post and then answered it? Good job. I want evidence? Simple. At first you should know what you are reading. It's a manga. It includes both text and drawing. You simply need to reread the chapter, check their emotional states by looking at their faces and bodies. Then read the dialogues. Do it, report your findings, and then we'll be able to continue our discussion on this.
5. There is a difference between "invincible" and "untouchable". Check it in your little dictionary and I'm sure you'll find it out. The One made Zeldoris cancel ON and then try to escape from him. As long as Escanor was in the One mode, he was winning. Check the meanings.
6. Zeldoris isn't also that reliable while he was prone to misjudge both his brother and his opponent. The most obvious reason for that was stated by @Arjuna .

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
At first, you should learn not to get rude and insult the others when defeated. I'd appreciate it if you don't act like a savage who has just finished reading some books on logics and philosophy.
2. The only one who could guess the nature was chandler because he was already familiar with the grace itself, he didn't made a guess about how it works based on the amount of magic he felt.
3. I completely understand what's the point of @Arjuna 's post and fully agree with it. But my reasoning simply showed that what Zeldoris said is inconclusive, nothing less, nothing more. Talk about my post when answering mine. Show me the flaw in my deduction instead of labelling it as headcanon or estimate my ability to comprehend. In fact, as I told you before, you can't read the writer's mind. It's your most serious problem. You read nnt as if it is a scientific article. But no problem, analyze my reasoning using the rules of logics and show me my flaws. If you can't, then say anything and we consider that as your defeat. Insulting me won't help you at this point.
4. Speaking of headcanon, what is this part of your post callled?
"you can't toy around while your power is subconscious and dependant on the sun's position around the globe." Were was it mentioned? Show me the evidence or again remain silent.
And who told using sword without touching means he was toying????? So you made a irrelevant guess about my post and then answered it? Good job. I want evidence? Simple. At first you should knkw what you are reading. It's a manga. It includes both text and drawing. You simply need to reread the chapter, check their emotional states by looking at their faces and bodies. Then read the dialogues. Do it, report your findings, and then we'll be able to continue our discussion on this.
5. There is a differencebetween "invincible" and "untouchable". Check it in your little dictionary and I'm sure you'll find it out. The One made Zeldoris cancell ON and then try to escape from him. As long as Escanor was in the One mode, he was winning. Check the meanings.
6. Zeldoris isn't also that reliable while he was prone to misjudge both his brother and his opponent. The most obvious reason for that was stated by @Arjuna .
Well lot of time many people underestimated Escanor and got defeated by him.

Same is the case here.

P.S. if anyone replies rudely how many times it maybe I won't reply.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
4. Speaking of headcanon, what is this part of your post callled?
And who told using sword without touching means he was toying????? So you made a irrelevant guess about my post and then answered it? Good job. I want evidence? Simple. At first you should know what you are reading. It's a manga. It includes both text and drawing. You simply need to reread the chapter, check their emotional states by looking at their faces and bodies. Then read the dialogues. Do it, report your findings, and then we'll be able to continue our discussion on this.
5. There is a difference between "invincible" and "untouchable". Check it in your little dictionary and I'm sure you'll find it out. The One made Zeldoris cancell ON and then try to escape from him. As long as Escanor was in the One mode, he was winning. Check the meanings.
You fully agree with arjuna? So you are saying that you also believe that what Zel said about Mel’s behavior is invalid?