Discussion Who Are Your Top 10 Strongest Characters?

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We need to evaluate character's own experience in this argument. Zeldris is not omniscient about him knowing he fought escanor, this evaluation is depending on which version of meliodas which is most likely chapter 246 and so forth or even when meliodas before betraying them. He even implemented "if this is true" as if he cannot believe he would defeat meliodas at his peak, which he THEN describe his demeanor in a fight which toys around with strong opponents. Since zeldris ALSO has sparred with meliodas in the past, so there's a possibility that meliodas also toyed around with zeldris despite zeldris giving his all and zeldris for his affection to meliodas wanting to go serious is a possibility rather than a guaranteed.
This one is an acceptable assumption and a fair evaluation of the situation. I don't have any objection, but I still don't get the point of saying so. He was defending his beloved brother and telling Escanor not to get cocky for defeating Mel who has such a personality? Proving to the readers thet Mel > Escanor? Doesn't it seem a bit pointless and unnecessary? Proving unwanted and irrelevant information is not something you expect to see in a story unless the writer doesn't know what they are doing. Nakaba isn't a naive writer unfamiliar with the most basic rules.

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The whole idea of sensing magic powers is by sensing how much magic power they have hence Chandler realized a grace when escanor was at his peak compare to the latter.
Not quite. That is only half of it. More important than the degree is familiarity. A signature. Attributing a certain magic power to its owner is done by way of familiarity. One who senses a power isn’t gonna know who it belongs to if they have no familiarity with the magic power. Before chandler recognized sun he said “where have I felt this magic before?” There is an aura or “signature” to magic that allows one to identify it. You identify by name not by quantity. If two people had the exact same degree of magic power, one isn’t going to be able to tell them apart by quantity because they are both the same. They are able to tell them apart by the different “names” of the two.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This one is an acceptable assumption and a fair evaluation of the situation. I don't have any objection, but I still don't get the point of saying so. He was defending his beloved brother and telling Escanor not to get cocky for defeating Mel who has such a personality? Proving to the readers thet Mel > Escanor? Doesn't it seem a bit pointless and unnecessary? Proving unwanted and irrelevant information is not something you expect to see in a story unless the writer doesn't know what they are doing. Nakaba isn't a naive writer unfamiliar with the most basic rules.
its not defending its more like reacting to the dialogue escanor said about meliodas. Which zeldris was shock that he could which he brought up the behavior meliodas has in a fight of not being able to take the fight seriously which we could all do is rely on his statement regards to meliodas own demeanor. Which kind of proves the case because the fact we don't know whether he went serious either against escanor in chapter 232 but we could only assume whether he did or didn't
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not quite. That is only half of it. More important than the degree is familiarity. A signature. Attributing a certain magic power to its owner is done by way of familiarity. One who senses a power isn’t gonna know who it belongs to if they have no familiarity with the magic power. Before chandler recognized sun he said “where have I felt this magic before?” There is an aura or “signature” to magic that allows one to identify it. You identify by name not by quantity. If two people had the exact same degree of magic power, one isn’t going to be able to tell them apart by quantity because they are both the same. They are able to tell them apart by the different “names” of the two.
yes and the possibility is that chandler did not fought mael fully and just used true night after mael explaining his power to him.
Knowing about someone's power would be more at the argument of "counter of that signature power", Zeldris at the most case only felt the power that meliodas implemented on him which was darkness at hand. Aura does not really give off "magic sensing" at any case in the series ever since they implemented every sensing magic power.

Not at all someone could determine someone's magic and measure it by sensing its quantity adn depth of the power. Hence merlin sensing The Sinner made her lost hope but despite that she has no familiar with the magic as well. Magic power is a universal term in taizai hence balor of eye determines magical power to a three category stats.

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It seems we all do agree on some facts. That Meliodas is in fact powerful and has the habit of not using his full power in a fight. He did this and lost to Escanor. But there can be multiple interpretations, none of them 100% true or 100% false.
It's possible that Zel is wrong and the One is invincible, Merlin was wrong and Mel could defeat the One, etc.
Thanks for your interesting posts @T25 and @Ger .
And @Ger , I'm sorry that I used the term savage in one of my post.
As the story reveals more data on Mael, Meliodas, and Escanor, we'll be able to compare them more accurately.
In my opinion, the One is still one of the top 10 strangest characters in this story regardless of characters' quotes. I believe that DK, SD, MoC, Meliodas, Mael, and Arthur are the ones who are already above him, have a potential to surpass him, or were once more stronger than him.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
She's been said to be comparable to him though, which is not only expressed through Mael's statement but how Nakaba-sensei has confirmed that a Goddesses power is blatantly shown through the amount of wings they possess, which funnily enough supports Mael's statement given how Goddess Elizabeth & Ludoshel are pretty much identical in wing size, length & width.

So, I'm still confused on why you're being so stubborn about something that's been confirmed multiple times by Nakaba-sensei? Elizabeth's power rivals Ludoshel, fact. Only thing worth arguing is Elizabeth's fighting capabilities, to which even I agree are fairly poor and inadequate in comparison to those at her own level. So, yes, Ludoshel may be superior to Elizabeth in fighting capability due to having a powerful blessing + warrior mentality, but it doesn't change the fact that Elizabeth is equal to him in raw power.

@T25 was implying Elizabeth's magic is stronger than the Four Archangels, to which he is correct given manga feats.
*sigh* The wings are not an exact representation of power, hence all of the AA have 4 (Tarmiel has 6) despite there being a big difference in power between the 4.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway). And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
*sigh* The wings are not an exact representation of power, hence all of the AA have 4 (Tarmiel has 6) despite there being a big difference in power between the 4.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway). And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.
Really? I thought this was a top 10 strongest characters thread? When was it narrowed down to the most skilled fighters? The closest to a fight SD has been shown in was raising her hand, yet she is on a list of top 10 strongest? Why? When you explain why escanor is so strong what do you use? For the longest time he hardly moved, using overwhelming power and durability, yet he is on a list of the strongest? If she has a relatively unknown but massive degree of magic power why would you exclude her if she can use that the same way escanor throws a simple cruel sun?

I mean you even put Merlin on your list. She is a top 10 combatant to you right? You even said it was because of her magic ability? She spams magic attacks that seem to not be as powerful in of themselves as those on the list she is accompanying can execute, so what is the difference between Merlin’s way of fighting and the way Eli would logically fight?

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
All of the Four Archangels (except Tarmiel) have four wings because it expresses them as the top tier strongest individuals in the Goddess Clan. Whilst they may not be the perfect representation of power since we don't know the difference and nuances between specific Goddesses like Sariel or Ludoshel, they still provide us with a measurement of power and to easily figure out the hierarchy among the clan. Nakaba-sensei confirmed that the wings are an expression of a Goddesses strength, you cannot deny this and because of such a fact, Elizabeth rivals Ludoshel in power, or in simple terms, her total PL.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway).
The author confirmed it when he created Elizabeth's character to possesses wings which rival Ludoshel's in size, length & width.

What problems do you have with Mael's statement? It's like you're nitpicking at every single thing revolving around Elizabeth's strength in order to put her down. Why?

Why is it unacceptable to believe that Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she's the Supreme Deity's daughter? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she was able to save the AA's and stalemate the Indura's despite being at a disadvantageous fight for her? (1V2). Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse when the author confirmed the expression of wings is equivalent to a character's strength, which coincidentally falls in line with Mael's statement of Elizabeth + Ludoshel basically rivalling each other? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given how the Four Archangels treat her power with the utmost respect and even respect for it at multiple turns?

I could go on all day, but the matter of the fact is Nakaba-sensei has put in many situations to outright or subtly outline the strength of Elizabeth's character from the moment where she has been introduced as a full-fledged Goddess. In fact, by feats alone Elizabeth practically beats all the AA's in what she's accomplished yet she's the most criticised, controversial and unaccepted member of the top-tier roster. Why?

. And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.
How did I ''shit'' on myself? I created this thread in the aspect of considering every aspect of the character's in this series in order to rank them in order of strength, whilst Elizabeth's strength as a ''combatant'' is highly debatable, it is still undeniable that her feats, wings and other aspects of her strength SHOULD net her a spot on the list.

Personally, the problem you seem to be having is in the inability to distinguish between ''raw power'' and ''fighting capability'' of Elizabeth's character and treat them as the same thing which is simply incorrect. In terms of raw power, Elizabeth is definitely deserving on this list and even outdoes many other top tier characters like Ludoshel by virtue of feats and how incredibly potent/impressive her magic is, but for fighting capabilities, even I agree they're poor and not on par with other top-tier fighters. But at the same time, this doesn't mean she is undeserving of a spot on this list, especially when we haven't even see her fight yet.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
All of the Four Archangels (except Tarmiel) have four wings because it expresses them as the top tier strongest individuals in the Goddess Clan. Whilst they may not be the perfect representation of power since we don't know the difference and nuances between specific Goddesses like Sariel or Ludoshel, they still provide us with a measurement of power and to easily figure out the hierarchy among the clan. Nakaba-sensei confirmed that the wings are an expression of a Goddesses strength, you cannot deny this and because of such a fact, Elizabeth rivals Ludoshel in power, or in simple terms, her total PL.

The author confirmed it when he created Elizabeth's character to possesses wings which rival Ludoshel's in size, length & width.

What problems do you have with Mael's statement? It's like you're nitpicking at every single thing revolving around Elizabeth's strength in order to put her down. Why?

Why is it unacceptable to believe that Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she's the Supreme Deity's daughter? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she was able to save the AA's and stalemate the Indura's despite being at a disadvantageous fight for her? (1V2). Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse when the author confirmed the expression of wings is equivalent to a character's strength, which coincidentally falls in line with Mael's statement of Elizabeth + Ludoshel basically rivalling each other? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given how the Four Archangels treat her power with the utmost respect and even respect for it at multiple turns?

I could go on all day, but the matter of the fact is Nakaba-sensei has put in many situations to outright or subtly outline the strength of Elizabeth's character from the moment where she has been introduced as a full-fledged Goddess. In fact, by feats alone Elizabeth practically beats all the AA's in what she's accomplished yet she's the most criticised, controversial and unaccepted member of the top-tier roster. Why?

How did I ''shit'' on myself? I created this thread in the aspect of considering every aspect of the character's in this series in order to rank them in order of strength, whilst Elizabeth's strength as a ''combatant'' is highly debatable, it is still undeniable that her feats, wings and other aspects of her strength SHOULD net her a spot on the list.

Personally, the problem you seem to be having is in the inability to distinguish between ''raw power'' and ''fighting capability'' of Elizabeth's character and treat them as the same thing which is simply incorrect. In terms of raw power, Elizabeth is definitely deserving on this list and even outdoes many other top tier characters like Ludoshel by virtue of feats and how incredibly potent/impressive her magic is, but for fighting capabilities, even I agree they're poor and not on par with other top-tier fighters. But at the same time, this doesn't mean she is undeserving of a spot on this list, especially when we haven't even see her fight yet.
but u still deny that meliodas IS MASSIVELY ABOVE HER.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
but u still deny that meliodas IS MASSIVELY ABOVE HER.
maybe, may not be. Her story progresses the same as his. Thing is, we have more to mels history than hers, so I want to know how she truly stacks up come the time that there are very little secrets to their history and future.

Last edited:

Seven777

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Zeldris would be a bit higher given the "you will surpass me" statement from cusack
True, i think he and True Body Ludo will fight each other, with Ludo dying.

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
True, i think he and True Body Ludo will fight each other, with Ludo dying.
Idk about ludo dying but honestly think it would just be a spar (because sword loving bois) once zel is long past protag status

Kinguxsloth

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
1. DK/SD
2. Meliodas/Mael(Noon)
3. Escanor "The One"
4. Ban
5. King
6. The Sinner
7. Cusack/Chandler
8. Zeldris
9. Ludociel
10. Merlin

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
DK and SD
Meliodas
Ban
King/One Escanor
Ludociel
Merlin
Chandler
Cussack
Zeldris
Gowther

Didn't put Mael because I am not sure where to put him.

Tragicdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States
As of now
1.) DK Meliodas
2.) Emo Meliodas and Merlin
3.) Mael
4.) Ban
5.) Zeldris
6.) Ludociel
7.) King
8.) Original Demon

MasniBog

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
1.Emo Mel
2. DK/SD
3.Ban
4.Mael
5.King/ Escanor One mode
6.Zeldoris with DK magic
7.Ludo
8.Sinner
Everyone else

Last edited:

Tragicdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States
1.Emo Mel
2. DK/SD
3.Ban
4.Mael
5.King/ Escanor One mode
6.Zeldoris with DK magic
7.Ludo
8.Sinner
Everyone else
hahahaha emo mel is stronger than dk/sd are you serious.lol.The chapter just said dk is a god. so you mean a demon's emotion stronget than a god.bwahahaha

MasniBog

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
hahahaha emo mel is stronger than dk/sd are you serious.lol.The chapter just said dk is a god. so you mean a demon's emotion stronget than a god.bwahahaha
Emo Mel casually stomping DK proves my point

Tragicdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Emo Mel casually stomping DK proves my point
hahahaha stomping what. you know that hes not even serious no!?! and the hell its only in mels heart or emotion dk wants to control but mel keeps resisting.haha. it doesnt make any sense at all claiming hes stronger than a god.bwahahaha

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
1.Emo Mel
2. DK/SD
3.Ban
4.Mael
5.King/ Escanor One mode
6.Zeldoris with DK magic
7.Ludo
8.Sinner
Everyone else
I’d put zeldris on par or maybe one spot below Ludociel, but other than that, this is pretty accurate. Oh man. It’s almost hilarious how the power scaling has been utterly fucked in this “war” arc.

Michael Adanza

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not including the DK and SD in the list, since not much of their capabilities are revealed yet (Except the DK)

10. Doll Gowther - Don't get me hated for this. I placed HIM here not only because he's part of the Seven Deadly Sins and the Ten Commandments, but his ability to manipulate minds makes him deadly. Who knows the extent of his power, but for now he'll be taking the 10th place.

9. Diane - There have been improvement in Diane's power, but that only happened once when they finished the trial gloxi and dolor offered. Not much of a big deal, since her power's only 30,000+. Compared to the current power levels of characters in the manga, it's almost too little. Her PL gets doubled if she performs dolor's dance, which enables her to exceed the power of one of the ten commandments. There might be character enhancement for her in the near future. But for now, I'll place her as the 9th on my list.

8. Archangels Tarmiel and Sariel - A.k.a. the "Dynamic Duo". As part of the Four Archangels and considered as Elites of the Goddess Clan, of course they are among the strongest characters. We all know how this two eliminated an entire legion of Demons in just a blink of an eye... The grace bestowed on them both may be enough to take down Chandler, as Sariel's Tornado will inflict lots of damage to the Demon. The power of the duo grants them the ability to make their own realm, which they name "The Realm of the Gods". We saw them both using this against Estarossa(Now Mael) when the commandments started defiling him, where they explained that "Nobody can survive in it, unless you surpass their combined might". They were both defeated later by Mael which is entirely sad (For me). I'm hoping the two to come back alive and aid the sins in some ways in the manga.

7. Chandler and Cusack - Teachers of Meliodas and Zeldoris, their power level that exceeds 180,000+ made them to this place. We all know the extent of their power, even Chandler alone can take out the entire sins(except Mel) alongside Gloxi and Dolor. They're masters and are greater versions of Mel and Zel, so... yeah.

6.1 Fairy King Harlequin - My boi. His improvement is so good that he was able to manipulate his spirit spear from afar. I dislike his new look though (Don't get mad at me.). King sprouting his fully-developed wings is of course a relief, look, he even managed to stand against Mael on himself where even Sariel, Tarmiel, and Derieri can't. His full power being exposed brought him to this place.

6.2 The Executioner Zeldoris - aka "The Prince of Darkness" and The Commandment of Piety (Formerly). He took against Escanor and Luedociel while Merlin was off fighting Cusack and Chandler. Zeldoris is a gifted child, like his brother, he's overwhelmingly strong, to the extent where he was proclaimed as one of the strongest sword wielders in the Demon World. He deserves this place. That's my boy!

5. Lion's Sin of Pride, Lord Escanor (THE ONE FORM) - All hail the Sun! Escanor at his "The One" form enables him to go whosyourdaddy and thereisnospoon (if you get my reference). At 12:00 PM, he turns to this form and becomes overwhelmingly strong, even stronger than Zeldoris, Chandler and Cusack or even Meliodas' Assault Form (For one minute, of course). By that, he earned the place of being the 5th strongest in the series as according to me.

4.1 Indura Forms - This involves Galand's acquaintance on his indura form, Derieri and Monspeet. We know how terribly strong these monsters are, to the extent where they can surpass even the Ten Commandments, and feared by the demons of the underworld.

4.2 Archangel Ludociel - Leader of the Four Archangels, having the grace of "Flash", this man is by far the most wicked Goddess in the series. Having a sadistic personality, he's very tricky. Look, he overwhelmed the Ten Commandments on their battle 3,000 years ago. He was then surpassed by Derieri and Monspeet on their indura form; At present, possessing the power level of 201,000, it means he's on a whole new level and is stronger than Cusack and Chandler. His grace also enables him to be fast, or even faster than light. But I kinda started liking him when he mention the sins to be his friends, and devoted himself to protecting them against the DK.

4.3 Daughter of Belialuin, Merlin - Boar's sin of Gluttony, Merlin, earns this position due to her magic power "Infinity". Enabling her to cast any magic anytime, also granting her wisdom on both Yin and Yang(lel), since she was blessed by the Supreme Deity and the Demon King. Merlin is intelligibly smart, tricky, and very clever.

3.1 Archangel Mael - Ludociel's younger brother, Mael is an Elite of the Goddess Clan and is also part of the Four Archangels. Being concluded as the strongest warrior of their clan, it's almost clear to imagine how strong he will be at his "The One" form. Since his grace got off by the time he turned into Estarossa 3,000 years ago by the Original Gowther, he got it back when Escanor offered him to take it. Mael was able to surpass even the second strongest ruler of the Underworld; The Sinner. Earning him this position.

3.2 The Sinner - The fusion form of Cusack and Chandler, each time he closes to his death, he becomes more and more stronger. Although the Archangel Ludociel was able to hold him back for a few minutes, he abruptly surpassed the archangel and got the sins alongside their allies into trouble. He lost great chances of winning when Mael arrived; When the Demon King came back possessing Meliodas' body, the sinner disappeared.

2. Ban - Fox's Sin of Greed, and part of the Seven Deadly Sins, his improvement made him so overpowered, that he was even able to withstand the Demon King's strength and power alone, where even the Archangels nor the rest of the Sins can't. The thousand years he spent on Purgatory served as his training on improving his power, and at present, he's facing off the DK himself and is almost on par of him.

1. Elizabeth and Meliodas - My favorite pair on the entire series, Meliodas being he Son of the Demon King and Elizabeth being the favored daughter of the Supreme Deity kinda reminds me of Romeo and Juliet(lmfao). Eli was pointed to be on par with the Archangel Ludociel's power level, or even stronger. She barely expresses her power since she loathe wars and stuffs. But the way how she b#tch-slapped Mel on his assault form and Estarossa may be hints to determine that she's strong. As for me, she's almost on par with Meliodas, being the Demon King's son and the Champion of the Demon World. Cursed by their parents, it's almost sad but nah.

This is my list according to my opinion.