Discussion - Who Are Your Top 10 Strongest Characters? | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who Are Your Top 10 Strongest Characters?

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At first I need to ask you one question. Can you include someone's name in a statement which is not about that specific individaul?

What I understand from Zeldoris dialogue with Escanor is that Zel is indirectly telling him "you can't defeat me." It's not all about Meliodas even if it includes his name.

Here is the dialogues restated, something like this:
+ You brothers are badly willing to get your asses kicked by me.
- So you defeated Meliodas. He has always too strong which lead him to develop a bad habbit of toying with his opponents. But unlike him, I fight with everything I have regardless of the opponent.
It's how we perceive the conversation. It's not focusing on Mel if you look at it in this way. It's boasting and bragging about the individual who is saying the words himself, in this case Zeldoris.
That’s just a matter of what part of a dialogue you are analyzing. There is always a subject. What zels dialogue winded down to was “be prepared to lose to my best.” Yes that was the general idea of zels comment. So I see what part you are referring to.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mind it when I said Mel can't beat Escanor specifically I meant "One Escanor".
Yes I can understand that. In which case I recall my last paragraph. The possibility that Mel could have won if he had taken the one seriously is one to consider because of the reality that Mel did not, in fact, take him seriously. Do you accept this notion?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
That’s just a matter of what part of a dialogue you are analyzing. There is always a subject. What zels dialogue winded down to was “be prepared to lose to my best.” Yes that was the general idea of zels comment. So I see what part you are referring to.

Yes I can understand that. In which case I recall my last paragraph. The possibility that Mel could have won if he had taken the one seriously is one to consider because of the reality that Mel did not, in fact, take him seriously. Do you accept this notion?
Doubtful about that

Escanor nearly chopped him in half with a single swipe of his hand.

Maybe if Meliodas took it seriously Escanor would have probably need more than a single one shot,a little bit of effort more.

But I can see your point.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Doubtful about that

Escanor literally chopped him in half with a single shot

Maybe if Meliodas took it seriously Escanor would have probably need more than a single one shot,a little bit of effort more.

I would say a punch

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubtful about that

Escanor nearly chopped him in half with a single swipe of his hand.

Yea just a possibility. I do take into consideration that the Mel that fought escanor was questionable because of his lack of memories and division though. But so is the extent of “the ones” capabilities so there’s that.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Yea just a possibility. I do take into consideration that the Mel that fought escanor was questionable because of his lack of memories and division though. But so is the extent of “the ones” capabilities so there’s that.
Yeah you are right in that way.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nah, i'd say the The One would have still oneshot full powered, serious AM Meliodas with Divine Sword, his durability shouldnt be drastically affected by how serious he was. However if Mel acknowledged Escanor as the threat that he was and put absolutely everything into defense like Zel did, he might've been able to drag out the fight a bit before getting K.O'd.

My top 10 would be:
1. Gods
2. Hawk Mama
3. 5C Mel with OG magic
4. The One
5. The Sinner
6. King
7. Ban
8. Merlin
9. Ludociel(in his true body).
10. Zeldris
I fully expect every single member of the Sins to be on this list by the manga's end.

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, i'd say the The One would have still oneshot full powered, serious AM Meliodas with Divine Sword, his durability shouldnt be drastically affected by how serious he was. However if Mel acknowledged Escanor as the threat that he was and put absolutely everything into defense like Zel did, he might've been able to drag out the fight a bit before getting K.O'd.

My top 10 would be:
1. Gods
2. Hawk Mama
3. 5C Mel with OG magic
4. The One
5. The Sinner
6. King
7. Ban
8. Merlin
9. Ludociel(in his true body).
10. Zeldris
I fully expect every single member of the Sins to be on this list by the manga's end.
Zeldris would be a bit higher given the "you will surpass me" statement from cusack

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeldris would be a bit higher given the "you will surpass me" statement from cusack
That's actually a good point assuming Cusack was referring to his true form and not his then form.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zel attacked mel in 246. In the midst of Mel’s counteraction, zel had come to realize that Mel had returned to the person he was in the past, to whatever degree that was. The mel that zel grew up with was before his eyes. That is a mel really close to the Mel that zel was most familiar with and it was this Mel that zel had spoken of when he said that Mel is careless and later when he grew agitated about the word “friends” and it’s relation to the “emotionless” brother of his. I believe that the attitude of Mel’s that zel spoke of is more important than Zels belief that Mel could have won. Zels belief that Mel could win carries less weight because he had some capacity of understanding towards Mel’s power but he was not aware of escanors. It was a judgement made with incomplete data. His statement on Mel’s attitude is, however, accurate. He was familiar with Mel’s past tendencies and behavior to some degree and his statement in this regard were based on this familiarity. We as witnesses saw what he said was true. This aspect is valuable in suspecting Mel’s capability more than a little brother saying “my big brother could beat you.”
The whole idea of sensing magic powers is by sensing how much magic power they have hence Chandler realized a grace when escanor was at his peak compare to the latter.
1. So Zeldris didn't give a fuck and yet called him a monster?
undefined
that was cusack??? FKS also confirmed that cusack was saying the quote in that panel.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
What I understand from Zeldoris dialogue with Escanor is that Zel is indirectly telling him "you can't defeat me." It's not all about Meliodas even if it includes his name.
you do realize that the quote he gave is talking about the comparison between him and Meliodas which DOES NOT talk about power but their demeanor in a fight.
We need to evaluate character's own experience in this argument. Zeldris is not omniscient about him knowing he fought escanor, this evaluation is depending on which version of meliodas which is most likely chapter 246 and so forth or even when meliodas before betraying them. He even implemented "if this is true" as if he cannot believe he would defeat meliodas at his peak, which he THEN describe his demeanor in a fight which toys around with strong opponents. Since zeldris ALSO has sparred with meliodas in the past, so there's a possibility that meliodas also toyed around with zeldris despite zeldris giving his all and zeldris for his affection to meliodas wanting to go serious is a possibility rather than a guaranteed.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
May I propose an alternative assumption? If Mel was serious, he would knock Escanor out before he becomes the One. After that, he didn't have a chance considering how he easily got beaten with one attack from the One. Maybe he could do something activating the so calle original magic, but since we don't know anything about it, it would be a baseless argument. I guess none of them took it seriously at first. Escanor's smiling face clearly shows it.
Then Escanor was forced to get serious when he saw just how much powerful his opponent is.
Finally, the time has come for him to become the One, and Mel did not have time to decide if he show get serious too lol.
But Mel sure didn't get serious till the end and it is the one undeniable fact. Something all of us can agree with.
That’s the thing about possibility. It is to consider multiple conclusions. You can choose whatever conclusion you think to be the case, but until proven it is conjecture. I have made my choice as to what conclusion I have found to be more likely, but my intent is not to make an argument for this specific conclusion of mine but to attest to the existence of the possibility from which I have chosen this conclusion.

You are correct. Neither of them took it seriously at the onset. However that changed with escanor when he discovered he was being incredibly overwhelmed. Evertime escanor grew stronger, a burst of arrogance grew with it right before that arrogance was, quite literally, punched out of him. This reality only switched over to Mel at the end. The only time that I had found Mel to have truly acknowledged his opponent was when he had fallen over. The attack that Mel was about to use before his defeat, was not one in where he had truly acknowledged his opponent. After Mel attacked with the 1000 slices, when escanor commented on its ineffectiveness, Mel’s demeanor heavily implied that he really didn’t care. Mel’s mindset after the ones comment was “oh I’ll just hit a little harder then,” because that’s what he had been doing the entire fight. Mel did not acknowledge the degree of the ones power for what it was at all and that’s when the tables turned. On the very panel that the one brought down the hand, Mel was still rather nonchalant and smirking. Turn the page and you have Mel finally going “.....oh.....” Mels display, arrogance and all, was thus transferred over to the side of Escanor. But it was to late.

It is true that this can be applied to everything wherein arrogance is concerned. It is a fact that had it been the case that those who underestimated did not underestimate, the possibility that they would have performed better is very much so existent. Attacks that hit wouldn’t hit, attacks that were not blocked could have been blocked, the strength that was not used could have been used.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
No, I didn't realize it and he was not comparing himself with his brother just for the sake of comparison. Facing with a formidable enemy in the middle of a battlefield, it's hardly the time for doing so. There has to be a connection between what he says and what he was gonna go through. He mentioned Mel's fighting style to clearly demonstrate his own. That is a relevant and suitable purpose. I'm not denying the possibility that Mel could not win, and as I said even Zel's statement is inconclusive. He could possibly win, but this can't be the only reason why Zel said so.
and yes like i said if we're gonna evaluate his point then we need to consider the time he fought meliodas which the current history fight he had was in chapter 246 and the previous ones were back when meliodas taught zeldris how to fight which would be people using "prime meliodas".

Hence in the line "if this is the truth" it's as if he doubts that idea and hence he went in the hypothetical stance that he DOESNT know about the fight between escanor and mel. He even acknowledges meliodas own power being "awful lot (meaning exceedingly) strong", which if we go by meliodas that fought escanor he doesn't seem to be strong compare to zeldris which would debunk his statement of mentioning meliodas own power.

I stood what i said that zeldris both experiences on meliodas own power and SENSING someone's power which by this case escanor at his peak and has a doubtful representation that escanor would defeat meliodas (serious).
The attack that Mel was about to use before his defeat, was not one in where he had truly acknowledged his opponent. After Mel attacked with the 1000 slices, when escanor commented on its ineffectiveness, Mel’s demeanor heavily implied that he really didn’t care. Mel’s mindset after the ones comment was “oh I’ll just hit a little harder then,” because that’s what he had been doing the entire fight. Mel did not acknowledge the degree of the ones power for what it was at all and that’s when the tables turned. On the very panel that the one brought down the hand, Mel was still rather nonchalant and smirking. Turn the page and you have Mel finally going “.....oh.....” Mels display, arrogance and all, was thus transferred over to the side of Escanor. But it was to late.
yes because i've been arguing that fight about mel not really giving anything despite escanor tanking the move. Which i said to people 3 months ago that meliodas wanting to try more but that cockiness led him to be knocked out.
Also to add things on:
meliodas didn't use 1000 divine slices against near noon escanor why is that?

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
The whole idea of sensing magic powers is by sensing how much magic power they have hence Chandler realized a grace when escanor was at his peak compare to the latter.
Not quite. That is only half of it. More important than the degree is familiarity. A signature. Attributing a certain magic power to its owner is done by way of familiarity. One who senses a power isn’t gonna know who it belongs to if they have no familiarity with the magic power. Before chandler recognized sun he said “where have I felt this magic before?” There is an aura or “signature” to magic that allows one to identify it. You identify by name not by quantity. If two people had the exact same degree of magic power, one isn’t going to be able to tell them apart by quantity because they are both the same. They are able to tell them apart by the different “names” of the two.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This one is an acceptable assumption and a fair evaluation of the situation. I don't have any objection, but I still don't get the point of saying so. He was defending his beloved brother and telling Escanor not to get cocky for defeating Mel who has such a personality? Proving to the readers thet Mel > Escanor? Doesn't it seem a bit pointless and unnecessary? Proving unwanted and irrelevant information is not something you expect to see in a story unless the writer doesn't know what they are doing. Nakaba isn't a naive writer unfamiliar with the most basic rules.
its not defending its more like reacting to the dialogue escanor said about meliodas. Which zeldris was shock that he could which he brought up the behavior meliodas has in a fight of not being able to take the fight seriously which we could all do is rely on his statement regards to meliodas own demeanor. Which kind of proves the case because the fact we don't know whether he went serious either against escanor in chapter 232 but we could only assume whether he did or didn't
Not quite. That is only half of it. More important than the degree is familiarity. A signature. Attributing a certain magic power to its owner is done by way of familiarity. One who senses a power isn’t gonna know who it belongs to if they have no familiarity with the magic power. Before chandler recognized sun he said “where have I felt this magic before?” There is an aura or “signature” to magic that allows one to identify it. You identify by name not by quantity. If two people had the exact same degree of magic power, one isn’t going to be able to tell them apart by quantity because they are both the same. They are able to tell them apart by the different “names” of the two.
yes and the possibility is that chandler did not fought mael fully and just used true night after mael explaining his power to him.
Knowing about someone's power would be more at the argument of "counter of that signature power", Zeldris at the most case only felt the power that meliodas implemented on him which was darkness at hand. Aura does not really give off "magic sensing" at any case in the series ever since they implemented every sensing magic power.

Not at all someone could determine someone's magic and measure it by sensing its quantity adn depth of the power. Hence merlin sensing The Sinner made her lost hope but despite that she has no familiar with the magic as well. Magic power is a universal term in taizai hence balor of eye determines magical power to a three category stats.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
She's been said to be comparable to him though, which is not only expressed through Mael's statement but how Nakaba-sensei has confirmed that a Goddesses power is blatantly shown through the amount of wings they possess, which funnily enough supports Mael's statement given how Goddess Elizabeth & Ludoshel are pretty much identical in wing size, length & width.

So, I'm still confused on why you're being so stubborn about something that's been confirmed multiple times by Nakaba-sensei? Elizabeth's power rivals Ludoshel, fact. Only thing worth arguing is Elizabeth's fighting capabilities, to which even I agree are fairly poor and inadequate in comparison to those at her own level. So, yes, Ludoshel may be superior to Elizabeth in fighting capability due to having a powerful blessing + warrior mentality, but it doesn't change the fact that Elizabeth is equal to him in raw power.

@T25 was implying Elizabeth's magic is stronger than the Four Archangels, to which he is correct given manga feats.
*sigh* The wings are not an exact representation of power, hence all of the AA have 4 (Tarmiel has 6) despite there being a big difference in power between the 4.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway). And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
*sigh* The wings are not an exact representation of power, hence all of the AA have 4 (Tarmiel has 6) despite there being a big difference in power between the 4.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway). And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.
Really? I thought this was a top 10 strongest characters thread? When was it narrowed down to the most skilled fighters? The closest to a fight SD has been shown in was raising her hand, yet she is on a list of top 10 strongest? Why? When you explain why escanor is so strong what do you use? For the longest time he hardly moved, using overwhelming power and durability, yet he is on a list of the strongest? If she has a relatively unknown but massive degree of magic power why would you exclude her if she can use that the same way escanor throws a simple cruel sun?

I mean you even put Merlin on your list. She is a top 10 combatant to you right? You even said it was because of her magic ability? She spams magic attacks that seem to not be as powerful in of themselves as those on the list she is accompanying can execute, so what is the difference between Merlin’s way of fighting and the way Eli would logically fight?

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
All of the Four Archangels (except Tarmiel) have four wings because it expresses them as the top tier strongest individuals in the Goddess Clan. Whilst they may not be the perfect representation of power since we don't know the difference and nuances between specific Goddesses like Sariel or Ludoshel, they still provide us with a measurement of power and to easily figure out the hierarchy among the clan. Nakaba-sensei confirmed that the wings are an expression of a Goddesses strength, you cannot deny this and because of such a fact, Elizabeth rivals Ludoshel in power, or in simple terms, her total PL.

Liz's power has never been confirmed relative to Ludoshel with the exception of the Mael statement (which I have problems with anyway).
The author confirmed it when he created Elizabeth's character to possesses wings which rival Ludoshel's in size, length & width.

What problems do you have with Mael's statement? It's like you're nitpicking at every single thing revolving around Elizabeth's strength in order to put her down. Why?

Why is it unacceptable to believe that Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she's the Supreme Deity's daughter? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she was able to save the AA's and stalemate the Indura's despite being at a disadvantageous fight for her? (1V2). Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse when the author confirmed the expression of wings is equivalent to a character's strength, which coincidentally falls in line with Mael's statement of Elizabeth + Ludoshel basically rivalling each other? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given how the Four Archangels treat her power with the utmost respect and even respect for it at multiple turns?

I could go on all day, but the matter of the fact is Nakaba-sensei has put in many situations to outright or subtly outline the strength of Elizabeth's character from the moment where she has been introduced as a full-fledged Goddess. In fact, by feats alone Elizabeth practically beats all the AA's in what she's accomplished yet she's the most criticised, controversial and unaccepted member of the top-tier roster. Why?

. And you just shitted on yourself, this thread is about the strongest characters and if she is a shitty combatant she shouldn't be on this list. Liz is not a powerhouse combatant, and most likely never has been regardless if it was due to her pacifist nature.
How did I ''shit'' on myself? I created this thread in the aspect of considering every aspect of the character's in this series in order to rank them in order of strength, whilst Elizabeth's strength as a ''combatant'' is highly debatable, it is still undeniable that her feats, wings and other aspects of her strength SHOULD net her a spot on the list.

Personally, the problem you seem to be having is in the inability to distinguish between ''raw power'' and ''fighting capability'' of Elizabeth's character and treat them as the same thing which is simply incorrect. In terms of raw power, Elizabeth is definitely deserving on this list and even outdoes many other top tier characters like Ludoshel by virtue of feats and how incredibly potent/impressive her magic is, but for fighting capabilities, even I agree they're poor and not on par with other top-tier fighters. But at the same time, this doesn't mean she is undeserving of a spot on this list, especially when we haven't even see her fight yet.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
All of the Four Archangels (except Tarmiel) have four wings because it expresses them as the top tier strongest individuals in the Goddess Clan. Whilst they may not be the perfect representation of power since we don't know the difference and nuances between specific Goddesses like Sariel or Ludoshel, they still provide us with a measurement of power and to easily figure out the hierarchy among the clan. Nakaba-sensei confirmed that the wings are an expression of a Goddesses strength, you cannot deny this and because of such a fact, Elizabeth rivals Ludoshel in power, or in simple terms, her total PL.

The author confirmed it when he created Elizabeth's character to possesses wings which rival Ludoshel's in size, length & width.

What problems do you have with Mael's statement? It's like you're nitpicking at every single thing revolving around Elizabeth's strength in order to put her down. Why?

Why is it unacceptable to believe that Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she's the Supreme Deity's daughter? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given she was able to save the AA's and stalemate the Indura's despite being at a disadvantageous fight for her? (1V2). Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse when the author confirmed the expression of wings is equivalent to a character's strength, which coincidentally falls in line with Mael's statement of Elizabeth + Ludoshel basically rivalling each other? Why is it unacceptable to believe Elizabeth is a powerhouse given how the Four Archangels treat her power with the utmost respect and even respect for it at multiple turns?

I could go on all day, but the matter of the fact is Nakaba-sensei has put in many situations to outright or subtly outline the strength of Elizabeth's character from the moment where she has been introduced as a full-fledged Goddess. In fact, by feats alone Elizabeth practically beats all the AA's in what she's accomplished yet she's the most criticised, controversial and unaccepted member of the top-tier roster. Why?

How did I ''shit'' on myself? I created this thread in the aspect of considering every aspect of the character's in this series in order to rank them in order of strength, whilst Elizabeth's strength as a ''combatant'' is highly debatable, it is still undeniable that her feats, wings and other aspects of her strength SHOULD net her a spot on the list.

Personally, the problem you seem to be having is in the inability to distinguish between ''raw power'' and ''fighting capability'' of Elizabeth's character and treat them as the same thing which is simply incorrect. In terms of raw power, Elizabeth is definitely deserving on this list and even outdoes many other top tier characters like Ludoshel by virtue of feats and how incredibly potent/impressive her magic is, but for fighting capabilities, even I agree they're poor and not on par with other top-tier fighters. But at the same time, this doesn't mean she is undeserving of a spot on this list, especially when we haven't even see her fight yet.
but u still deny that meliodas IS MASSIVELY ABOVE HER.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
but u still deny that meliodas IS MASSIVELY ABOVE HER.
maybe, may not be. Her story progresses the same as his. Thing is, we have more to mels history than hers, so I want to know how she truly stacks up come the time that there are very little secrets to their history and future.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
True, i think he and True Body Ludo will fight each other, with Ludo dying.