Anime - Who do you want Echizen to battle... in the Vs Genius 10 OVA? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Who do you want Echizen to battle... in the Vs Genius 10 OVA?

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys!

A new ova is coming out soon titled something closely called vs Genius 10.

I suspect this is the MS vs the Genius 10 arc.

We know the ovas aren't cannon, but in the shin pot anime, they showed echizen have an official match whereas the manga didnt.

It makes sense because, how can you have a series where the "Prince" himself doesn't even play a single match.

So my QUESTION is who would you like Ryoma to have officialmatch against in the NEW vs OVA??

maybe give your reasons why too.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
They won't do something like this, as this studio respects the story as it is overall.

But if I had to pick? I would make him play against Tanegashima. Tokugawa with Black Hole is too strong, Ryoma can't play against Byoudouin for obvious reasons, and I feel like Ryoga would just destroy him (and I'd prefer if he remained a mystery for a while) so... yeah, the strongest dude available would be Tanegashima, I think it would be a great match.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tanegashima, Duke, or Tohno. Tanegashima as Hardy mentioned and Duke to see how well Ryoma can survive him. I want to see Ryoma return the executions from Tohno.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, the opening shows Tanegashima and Ohmagari standing together, so I think they're pretty much set as a pair in the OVA too. Ryoma kinda gets some match time when he practices with Tokugawa the night before the challenge, so I could see them drawing that out a bit. Like Hardy said, they don't change the overall story and the matches Ryoma got in the first season presumably did happen in the manga off-screen. I can't see him going up against a G10 member in a full match.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
i would like to see ryoma vs tane also, but then there would be no sanada action!

if ryoma plays a non official match with ryoga, i'd be satisfied. let's see what will happen.

in the anime, ryoma played a person that was barely mentioned in the manga and he was like the pillar of support for his specific post mountain training MS team.

and OVAs are different from the anime tv eps.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well, make Shuuji destroy Sanada, and then Ryoma steps in and kicks his ass or something :XD

in the anime, ryoma played a person that was barely mentioned in the manga and he was like the pillar of support for his specific post mountain training MS team.
Which doesn't change the story at all, cause we know that Ryoma and the rest destroyed the 2nd court guys (and there were actually some theories that said that this was supposed to be seen in the manga, but Konomi just skipped it). Giving Ryoma a match against the 1st String, however, would change the story.

and OVAs are different from the anime tv eps.
Not sure what you mean with this? The nationals for example were OVAs but they still respect the storyline (a lot more than the tv eps).

This is even made by the same studio that did the NPoT anime, right? They are continuing what they did before, just in a different format.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
They'll show Ryoma filler match with Ryoga. That's my guess.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, make Shuuji destroy Sanada, and then Ryoma steps in and kicks his ass or something :XD

Which doesn't change the story at all, cause we know that Ryoma and the rest destroyed the 2nd court guys (and there were actually some theories that said that this was supposed to be seen in the manga, but Konomi just skipped it). Giving Ryoma a match against the 1st String, however, would change the story.

Not sure what you mean with this? The nationals for example were OVAs but they still respect the storyline (a lot more than the tv eps).

This is even made by the same studio that did the NPoT anime, right? They are continuing what they did before, just in a different format.
this goes against my first post, but i added the point that maybe OVAs dont have give ryoma an official match, while the anime tv series has to, because the anime tv series ends.

i wouldn't mind a match of ryoma vs irie or kaji.

Kaji is a forgotten character and he didnt make the new Genius 10.
i forgot if irie is stronger than tokugawa, so he may be a bad choice.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Like I say, toward the end, Echizen do play against Ryoga. If we are going to be shown a match, it can just be with him.

Kaji didn't recover yet. Irie isn't part of G10.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I was gonna yell "KAJI KAZENNAA!!!!" but then I remembered Oni cruelly ended his career and forced him into retirement with his future ahead of him now ruined.
I guess we might just get a really long practice session between Ryoma and Ryoga.

Or... They might add in some kind of rally between Byoudouin and Ryoma that didn't happen. I'm really drawing at straws on that one.