Discussion - Who is Licht's child? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who is Licht's child?

Who is Licht's child?

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So what do you people think

I think these are the possible candidates for it

Asta

The MC so he will bridge the gap "between the Elf's and the Humans".His heritage is unknown.In addition he has the Grimore of the Elf leader

Shortcoming:He is too young to be Licht's son.In addition the Witch Queen said he is nothing special.

Yuno

Huge Magic power and unknown heritage.

Shortcoming:Too young.His hair colour is also different.

William Vengeance

He has been compared to Licht.His magic power is recognized by everyone to be similar to Licht.Huge Magic power reserve.Burn mark also plays a part.

Shortcoming:Age.

Ancestor of the Silva Family

Quite possible.They have huge magic power.Licht's wife is similar to other Siva members with similar shading to their eyes.

Shortcoming:None notable.

What do you all think?

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let me start off by stating that the Elven massacre happened more then 200 years before the start of the series so the likely hood that the baby, that may or may not have been born depending on how you interpret the massacre pages we saw in ch. 68 since that was Licht's wedding and the flash back we saw in ch. 134 of the Elves having a feast was mentioned to be before the wedding, is Asta, Yuno, or William is kind of going to be incredibly hard to prove as of right now anyway. An ancestor of the Silva house hold is also unlikely because it has been stated by Noelle and her siblings that House Silva has been the Royal family in the Clover kingdom for a long time also from how Litch's human friend looks strikingly similar to the First Magic Emperor and that was his sister I'm pretty sure that if they where part of House Silva it would've been mentioned a long time ago in the early chapters of Black Clover so while it could be possible I myself find it pretty low on the possibility scale. That brings me to what "other" is personally I don't think the baby was born because the possibility that Litch's wife died in the massacre that happened on their wedding day ranks up there pretty high on the list of possibilities, and the most likely in my opinion, but if I had to say that the baby was indeed born then I think the baby could be the current leader of the White Night Demon Eye. Hear me out on why this could be possible after the "birth" of the baby Litch feeling betrayed by the human species and the loss of his family&friends raised the baby with the mindset that of revenge and thous the WNDE was created to resurect the Elven tribe.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Very good analysis by Koi Kage. Yes i do agree that time is a tricky factor which can actually blow down most of the theories. I hope well get more insight about the elf tribe. I guess the latest arc will explore some aspects of their history and lore since the main focus now is the WNDE organization lead by Licht.
One thing that could help the theories a bit is the lifespan of the elfs. In a good chunk of media, elves are usually immortal or they have the longest lifespans of any race, going from 300 to 2000 years old. I think this would help a few theories. But well se if Tabata will utilize logetivity too. For now we just speculate. Asta could have a connection to the elves through his grimoire, since it was previous held by the elder of the elf tribe, though Asta getting that grimoire could also be sheer coincidence. As for William, i feel like there has to be a connection, his face, magic, presence; it all leads towards Licht, but well see what Tabata is leading us towards. Maybe hes just missleading us. Who knows. :super
I dont feel the Silva family has any relevance with Licht or the elf tribe, and as for Yuno i get the feeling that he has a connection to the First Magic Emperor, rather than Licht, but well see. For now I just dont see Yuno or the Silva family being connected to the elf tribe.

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I'm going with Gauche.

Mighty Action X

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My money says Asta given that he's the one who inherited that Grimoire that supposedly belonged to the elves.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
My money says Asta given that he's the one who inherited that Grimoire that supposedly belonged to the elves.
Doubt it Licht would've had a different reaction to him if that was the case.

Mighty Action X

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Doubt it Licht would've had a different reaction to him if that was the case.
You don't know that yet. His child might have been separated from him before he was born and thus, he wasn't able to recognize him.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
To make Asta Licht's child we would need some time-travel or remaining in stasis for long scenarios. Not that I will mind Asta being Licht's child.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
You don't know that yet. His child might have been separated from him before he was born and thus, he wasn't able to recognize him.
What about the Witch Queen remark about him being nothing special?

axl2608

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well, he is a bit special regardless of what she said.
He doesn't have any mana which is not common at all...in fact, from what we saw, there are no other characters in that situation.
Also, when he uses his dark mode, he changes...his pupils become slits and I think his ears become longer...
I don't know if that is because of the grimoire of if it the fact that that type of magic triggers some dormant things in him.
It will be interesting to see in the future.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Huh. You know, I always took it that his magic is the same as the one that created the big demon. It would be very awkward storytelling if if was the Magic Emperor's, since it's a 5 leaf and belonged to someone important to Licht, his leader was it? The battle where he mentions that is literally where I started to pick up the manga after a long and uninterested hiatus, so it's not in my clear memory.

But, it would make sense if the apparent demonification is actually just Elf-genes reacting to a foreign substance, i.e the anti-magic. And once he has something flowing in his veins that's not there regularly, manna or anti-manna, his body starts to do stuff. But that contradicts what the blood-magic witch stated, that he was literally born cursed by chance or whatnot, and just so happened to be near the one Grimoire that could turn that into an incredible blessing.

Then again, it ALSO still makes sense that the anti-magic belonged to the demon, since both the four-leaf and five-leaf were so darn close to the site of the epic battle.

Here's to hoping the backstory is not rushed and the author decides to extend the unraveling of the current mysteries.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Myb all nobles are descendants? They are mostly all born with high magic power.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
If that's the case, then perhaps something rather complex is going on. Maybe that's where the original discrimination came about?

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd have said Yuno, but the hair colour thing kind of derails that. I'm not sure tbh, but what I will say is that I hope it really isn't Asta. There may be something special about Asta for the Black Clover grimoire to have attached itself to him, but honestly I like the whole thing of Asta being a nobody with no connections or special history, who just climbs to a special place through sheer grit and determination. It especially works nicely against Yuno representing the usual shonen main character trend of huge potential and talent and special origins.

Actually, this has just got me thinking about the timeline. I don't know why, but I assumed the human-elf fallout happened a long time ago but Licht and Third Eye are just immortal or long-lived or something, but has it actually been confirmed how long ago this all happened? If it was far in the past Yuno could technically be a descendant of the baby.

yukistorm33

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually, this has just got me thinking about the timeline. I don't know why, but I assumed the human-elf fallout happened a long time ago but Licht and Third Eye are just immortal or long-lived or something, but has it actually been confirmed how long ago this all happened? If it was far in the past Yuno could technically be a descendant of the baby.
No, you aren't wrong. The fallout did happen long ago.
Think Vengeance is a descendant of the baby since
it would explain his similarities with Licht.

How Licht, Vet, and Liar stayed alive is a mystery though that could
be because they're elves and have long lives. Fana was just possessed.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
All the noble families

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Suddenly Yuno being the candidate see more probable.

Reap3r205

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe that Litch's child is asta cause if you think about it a all the signs are there, clue 1: the sword, clue 2: Asta's white hair, clue 3: The fact that Litcht reincarnated so why couldn't his child, clue 5: We know nothing of Litch's wife whose to say that she couldn't use magic and was normal like Asta is now (other than the swords), clue 6: Asta is as kind hearted and trusting as the elves used to be, clue 7: Elven traits don't necessarily have to show on ears or face and the child would be a half breed which Asta's characteristics fit perfectly. I believe that Yuno is actually royalty and maybe even a descendant of the original magic emperor. Not only does he have a four clovered grimoire but he has an unexplained pendant that if you ask me looked like it was from a high class family also he acts stuck up like a royal but not as bad.

waldoputty

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
twins - asta and yuno - magic got all sucked into yuno, leaving asta with no magic

Azta

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
In the newest chapter of the manga, false hope, it has been confirmed that yuno is indeed lichts son, but as for asta the question still goes unanswered.