Predictions - Who will be the Guildmaster of Fairy Tail at the end of the series? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Who will be the Guildmaster of Fairy Tail at the end of the series?

Who will be the last Guildmaster of Fairy Tail?

• Total voters

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The best choice for the GM is Gildarts obviously and i think he will take the GM role and everyone would be fine with it.Laxus ain't a bad choice but i don't support him to be one tbh moreover i don't like to see Gray or Erza as a GM because they don't fit the role tho Erza chances to be a GM is very high.

The reason why Natsu won't be the new GM because he have things to do when the war is over, and i don't think he cares about the role either plus he might be the official next Emperor of Alverz when Zeref finally die while Lucy also have things to do which is searching for Aquarius key i don't think she will be the new GM. With that being said, I think Mashima will make Natsu choose between the GM role and the king role but he will refuse both roles hopefully.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Laxus is probably the best choice for GM, but he does take random absences from time to time. Not sure if that would be a good quality for master, to be honest.

However, Laxus does excel in strength, leadership, personality, and relationships. So in that regard, he would probably be the best candidate. Although.. the guild would probably prefer to have their master present in the case of an emergency, that way, he/she could give the appropriate orders.

Gray wouldn't be a bad choice either. He doesn't look like the type who would want the position, but in terms of being capable, I'm pretty sure he is more than qualified.

Gray's infiltration into the Avatar Guild showcased his dependability, which is a crucial characteristic for a master. He was able to fool the entire Avatar guild while keeping his emotions under controlled and in check. Gray's intellect and decision-making skills are also top-notch.

And in terms of personality, I would say Gray has it the best. He rarely jumps to conclusions or acts on rash decisions without thinking stuff through. Just like when he disapproved of Natsu soloing Zeref with Igneel's powers.

And in Galuna Island, he stood up against Erza and made the final call instead of giving in. The guild needs somebody unbiased and tough on their friends.

Plus, he's always hanging around the guild, even on the boring days. So he'd likely be present if an emergency were to occur.

I would still vote Laxus first though, because he fits the role better. But if not Laxus, then Gray.

And if Erza becomes master, then leave the guild. We don't need another Mavis. 1 is already over-doing it.
Well Laxus' random absences were before he was kicked out, back when he was still an asshole. Since he was readmitted he's been with the guild pretty regularly.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I will say Natsu will not become the next GM of Fairy Tail.

He will become the next Emperor of Alvarez with Lucy and Happy will go with him.

There is a foreshadowing of this in GMG where Natsu dressed as the King.

I will say either Erza or Laxus will become the next GM,with slightly leaning towards Erza.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I will say Natsu will not become the next GM of Fairy Tail.

He will become the next Emperor of Alvarez with Lucy and Happy will go with him.

There is a foreshadowing of this in GMG where Natsu dressed as the King.

I will say either Erza or Laxus will become the next GM,with slightly leaning towards Erza.
I think Natsu is going to explore the world with Lucy and Happy, which will also let Lucy search for Aquarius' key. Can't really see Natsu taking much of an interest in running a kingdom.

As for the next guildmaster. There was a chapter called the 7 Guild Master, and that was Erza. We know how much Hiro likes his 7s. Also, Erza was the one present at the moment of Makarov's death.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Laxus is probably the best choice for GM, but he does take random absences from time to time. Not sure if that would be a good quality for master, to be honest.

However, Laxus does excel in strength, leadership, personality, and relationships. So in that regard, he would probably be the best candidate. Although.. the guild would probably prefer to have their master present in the case of an emergency, that way, he/she could give the appropriate orders.

Gray wouldn't be a bad choice either. He doesn't look like the type who would want the position, but in terms of being capable, I'm pretty sure he is more than qualified.

Gray's infiltration into the Avatar Guild showcased his dependability, which is a crucial characteristic for a master. He was able to fool the entire Avatar guild while keeping his emotions under controlled and in check. Gray's intellect and decision-making skills are also top-notch.

And in terms of personality, I would say Gray has it the best. He rarely jumps to conclusions or acts on rash decisions without thinking stuff through. Just like when he disapproved of Natsu soloing Zeref with Igneel's powers.

And in Galuna Island, he stood up against Erza and made the final call instead of giving in. The guild needs somebody unbiased and tough on their friends.

Plus, he's always hanging around the guild, even on the boring days. So he'd likely be present if an emergency were to occur.

I would still vote Laxus first though, because he fits the role better. But if not Laxus, then Gray.

And if Erza becomes master, then leave the guild. We don't need another Mavis. 1 is already over-doing it.
my problem with Gray is that he went batshit crazy after learning Natsu was END, and Invel saying the demon slayer magic will affect his mindset. But apart from that, he'd probably be the third best choice.
I think that Laxus or Gildarts would be a good choice for the next guild master. Though until Mavis dies again no one is becoming the next guild master but that's just my opinion.

That's right Gildarts said he would stay at the guild for Cana's sake and Gildarts becoming the next guild master would would allow Gildarts stay at the guild for Cana's sake.
Gildarts doesn't need to be a guild master to stay at the guild, he just needs to stop traveling or taking on S class missions. I still can't see him becoming a guild master unless he changes his mind, but he'd be another great choice if he did want the position. He or Laxus are the only decent choices if you ask anyone with common sense.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
As for the next guildmaster. There was a chapter called the 7 Guild Master, and that was Erza. We know how much Hiro likes his 7s. Also, Erza was the one present at the moment of Makarov's death.
I agree there.The way Makarov told Erza,he basically appointed Erza as his successor.

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Mest is the best choice:oooh:oooh

1. Mest was counsil member
2. Mest has common sense most Fairytail mages lacks it
3. Mest has good knowledge over things
4.Mest was Makarov personal spy

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Mest is the best choice:oooh:oooh

1. Mest was counsil member
2. Mest has common sense most Fairytail mages lacks it
3. Mest has good knowledge over things
4.Mest was Makarov personal spy
Okay i will add Mest in the poll.

No tension.You can vote him if you want.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mira will be more of an aid to either Laxus or Erza, but I wouldn't mind it being her. It sounds dope your GM is a top model

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
my problem with Gray is that he went batshit crazy after learning Natsu was END, and Invel saying the demon slayer magic will affect his mindset. But apart from that, he'd probably be the third best choice.

I doubt you can really blame Gray for going crazy in that situation.

Natsu practically led him on to believe that he was an evil demon when he angrily told Gray to move aside. Natsu was taken over by rage and acted hostile towards Gray.

And it's not like Gray didn't give Natsu a chance to explain himself... he calmly asked Natsu to tell him what was going on and even gave him the benefit of the doubt:

Honestly, can we really blame Gray after seeing these panels?

Natsu was completely out of his mind and was mumbling stuff like "Zeref", "Get out of my way", "Don't stand in my way".... instead of reasoning with Gray and working together.

As you can see, Gray remained relatively calm for several pages. He even asks Natsu a question and says "Looks like my voice can't reach you anymore.", which implies that he tried to avoid a fight.

Invel was just a load of BS. Gray chose to see it for himself before acting on his decision.

Gray still wouldn't have let Natsu pass in that situation, even if Invel never said a word to him. Natsu's attitude was definitely abnormal and he was consumed with rage.

You know, all this END stuff likely would not have happened if Natsu didn't try to solo Zeref with Igneel's Powers. That's where the tumor started.

Gray was right when he knew that it was a bad decision from the start.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
From those panels, it looks like Gray just wanted to confirm Natsu was END before going berserk and trying to kill him. He wasn't really that calm as he was hoping that Natsu wasn't END. What would have happened if Natsu said he was? Would Gray have calmed down or would he still have fought Natsu in berserk mode? Not sure if Natsu and Gray would have met if it weren't for Invel, though?

Either way, that part is the main reason why I can't get behind Gray as a guildmaster, even though calm Gray is a good choice. Better than Erza anyway, for sure.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gray's too edgy to be GM, him or Natsu would be horrible candidates. GM has to be a group think type of person
Gray checks all the boxes for the most part except he isn't an authoritative and commanding presence. Natsu is a jackass and would be a terrible choice overall but I shit you not because of that point alone he is a better pick than Gray. Natsu has charisma and people listen to him. Imagine Gray trying to command Laxus or Erza. They would be like fuck off dweeb.

At this point I think it will be makarov. Zeref will mess with time and makarov will revive.

Globear

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Most likely Laxus or Erza methinks they are the choices that make the most sense, although moreso Laxus one could say he almost deserves it and I doubt Erza would wanna do it.

Unless Mavis is still floating around like a bumblebee +.+

Chojin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that Lucy has a big chance of being the 7th master of Fairy Tail. Random prediction :

Somewhere down the line Natsu will see Makarov again (time travel by Zeref) and Makarov will tell him that he has grown so much so he has to decide who the next master should be and Natsu will cry buckets and nod in agreement. Around the end, Lucy will initiate the greatest magic in the Fairyverse - the ONE MAGIC and Natsu will use it to his advantage to win against whoever he fights at the time (either Zeref of Acnologia). Before he dies he will appoint her as the master and protector of Fairy Tail. Happy and Gray will be witnesses to his farewell.

Lucy will be seen writing the end of her book. A book about how she met that boy Natsu (chapter 1) and their adventures before she became the master (final chapter).

Natsu will revive miraculously (kinda homage to his previous work) and they will marry a few days later. The End. (Oh and also END will be written like the characters in the book of END).

Edit : I initially voted Gildarts but I think Lucy has a bigger chance scenario and relevance wise atm so changing vote now. Obviously Laxus and Erza are also very likely and it really depends what Hiro wants to do with the story. Personally I think that Laxus will want to write his own destiny rather than follow on the path of his ancestors by protecting the Guild and Erza will end up (obviously) with Jellal (the love story was developed a bit unlike the Natsu/Lucy pairing) so it kinda is more important to her character than her being a Guild master.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
This thread seems useless now as Makarov is revived.If he doesn't pass the batton to Laxus or Erza then he is the next GM.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
As of Now Touka is guildmaster. End of the 100 year quest definitely It will be fan favourite. 👇
Makarov

Last edited: