Who's your favorite character in Berserk? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who's your favorite character in Berserk?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
There's been a lot of memorable characters introduced in Berserk! Who do you like the best?

Is Guts your favorite? Or is it Puck, the funny li'l elf? Or Casca, the warrior, or do you like Casca, the amnesiac, better? And of course, there's Griffith, the main baddie, who's meant to be hated but can you really hate him?

And then there's the original Band of the Hawks - personally I loved Judeau and was sorry to see him go.

And now there's Guts' current band - Schierke, Farnese, Serpico, and Isidro. Of all these guys I'm starting to like Schierke the best.

But for me, Guts is my clear-cut favorite. Kinda surprising to me actually since he wasn't very impressive to me early on in the series, but he's certainly got... guts ( pardon the pun ) and just kept impressing me after a while!

Who's your fav? Post away!

Silhouette

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Man if i were to talk a bout my favorite character it's gonna be a loooong post. but i will do it briefly and I wont include old members of the Band of the Hawk since they are no more.
1)Gutts although driven by revenge, hatred and fear ,he is fighting enemies who look so much more powerful than him and he is fighting for a good cause and without him there isnt much story this is why I put him number one.
2) for my second favorite TAKE A WILD GUESS !! Hint: a little formula proves him stronger than Gutts!
as for the rest there are those who are very cool even among the apostle themselves. Serpico is so cool when he gets the serious scary look in his eyes (Gutts to Serpico when Serpico threatened him not harm Farnese at the begining of thier journey:"those are the eyes I saw the other day"). Skeirke very mature for her age and amazingly skilled. Locus and the Archer of the apostle Band of the Hawk are the quite and calm killers with style (well at least I didn't see them eating human corpses :darn).

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
is there any other answer besides guts? I remember i wrote off this series after the first two volumes...oh boy was i fucking wrong

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Surprisingly, this is the first manga where I actually like the main character.
I was always one for the underdogs.
So yeah. Gutts is one. No need to give a reason for that.

I also like Puck. Someone funny is always for me. He's serious at times too. Which is funny to see in a crazy elf. XD He kinda balances with Gutt's seriousness.

From the Band of Hawk...I liked Griffiths, Casca and Judeau the most. Griffiths is a real baddie..but there's the somewhat an innocence to him, which is okay by me. Be it real, or not.

I also liked the Casca fighter. Alot. The new her kinda threw me off, but I'm really warming up to her now. As for Judeau, I felt really bad when he died. I meant. Really bad. =/ ah well. XD

From Gutt's new team. I'd have to say I like all of them. XD Serpico's my most fave though. XD

eQuek

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dragonzair said:
Guts is one. No need to give a reason for that
I also like Puck. Someone funny is always for me. He's serious at times too. Which is funny to see in a crazy elf. XD He kinda balances with Gutt's seriousness.

Griffiths is a real baddie..but there's the somewhat an innocence to him, which is okay by me. Be it real, or not.

From Gutt's new team. Serpico's my most fave though.
I was too lazy to type everything for myself, but DZ wrote kinda how I feel :p
( I did some editing in the quote )

bboyjo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, Gut is my favourite by far probably because he is susch an anti-hero, he is not prepared to use unethical methods to get his revenge. The Puck and Isidro "master/apprentice" relationship is also hilarious - they are also my favourite characters. Judeau, Pippin, Rickert, Skull Knight and Azan (the honourable knight) are also my minor favourite characters.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The Skull Knight is so badass, I forgot about him. I love his design.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I forgot too!!! XD

Skull Knight and Shierke's mistress. >_>;; Forgot her name.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd have to say Gutts/Skull Knight. They are both right up there being my favorites, primarily Gutts because well he's just freaking psychotic its awsome. :D But I like Gutts because of the attitude he has when in battle, its not often you got characters basically seeking death. You generally have characters fighting to live. Gutts just so happens to have the strength and will that keeps him from such things, probably why he survived as long as he did against all those demons in the Eclipse. What also intrigued me later was "The Beast" residing as Gutts more darker side I suppose, and just curious if Gutts himself can eventually suppress that creature within or not.

For the Skull Knight, he is still seeming to just be this enigma that walks about, coming to feed Gutts some knowledge and give kind of a warning. Which I always thought was interesting since the start of when Gutts left. I am still curious to what the Skull Knights full intentions are to his own actions, why help Gutts? Plus its cool seeing him and Zodd start fights, unfortunately yet to see a serious all out bout, which should be cool. I am though kind of curious just went on between them in the past, as there being many references, but then that could be that they are "beyond" this world walking it so long and have fought each other so much. Should be interesting to see.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
guts all the way. he is so cool but carries such a f-ed up fate so you cant not feel sorry for him.

plus he have a huge sword and kills stuff by the numbers :XD

Slyman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Gutts and Puck rule!!.. Puck is hilarious... I've laughed so hard with his Yoda impressions and such.. his master-pupil relation with Isidro is great...about Gutts, well, he's the hero and he's just totally awesome.. taking the whole weight of the world on his shoulders, fighting friggin' gods, fighting Griffith, the guy called the savior of midland, one that unites everything and everybody under his wings.. damn... it's a lost cause against the whole world... and if he manages to kill him, he will be forever hated by all the Griffith lovers... it sucks... but he'll fight no matter what, a mere human... he might be driven by hatred and such, but maybe he'll find a better reason to do it and won't self-destruct in the end.... well.. the Skull Knight kicks ass... who knows why the hell he still roams about, but he's kinda like Gutts' advisor and his fights with Zodd are great... Serpico has that typical no-eyes face and when he gets serious he looks like a real assassin, like Soujiro in Kenshin, or Saemon in Basilisk or Saito in Kenshin too... and he can cook just like Brock in Pokemon.. xDDD... he rocks.. and he's totally mastered the wind, he's become really useful and I really like him.... Schierke is nice too... she's kawaii and really powerful and maybe Farneze will actually learn something from her and stop beeing such a burden, although she did a good job with the ring and she takes good care of Caska.... Isidro rulz.. I like he's attitude against everybody... and he's fun and a perv.. nice.. xDD... of the Taka no Dan... I loved Judeau and Caska... although the current Caska isn't bad either.. she looks really cute with the long her and childish expression.... just wanna hug her.. xD... oh! and Azan is fun too!! he's a real honorable knight... xDD.. and he was in the tavern in that kushan overrun city, right? maybe he'll join the party.. that would be awesome.. he can fight and his righteosness is hilarious.. *O*.. so... in conclusion.. I love 'em all.... Farneze was nice with her masoquist side.. xDDD.. that kid is crazy...

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
It seems that we all like Gatts! \o/ Really now, who could have read so far into the story and not like Gutts...?
My other favorites are Serpico and the little kid that looks like Casca, the one who came out of the see some chapters ago, also the one who returned Gatts back to normal that time instead of Shierke. The way I have things figured in my head now is that the kid and Griffith have been separated or will be completely separated soon and then the child will be some sort of guardian angel for Caska (I have more things so say, but this is not the place). Shierke and Isidoro would have been among my favorites, if I were the kind of person to like immature characters... They have the potential to be great characters many volumes later, but now they are just lacking that "something". As for Skull Knight... well, he is too good to be true ;)
To sum it all up, my favs are Gatts, his son and Serpico, with Shierke and Isidoro being possible future favs. :grin

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen
After that last chapter, Zodd went WAY up the chart. Seriously. His sole presence in apostle form is just threatening.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Slyman said:
Farneze was nice with her masoquist side.. xDDD.. that kid is crazy...
farneze is probably my least favourite... she is so weird... she scares me...

nah guts and puck. they rule!

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
i choose Guts too but Skull Knight is waaaay too good. his new sword is.... how sould i put it.... extravagunsup.....weird word...OOTO means out of the ordinary (not that we see ANYTHING ordinary in this manga :P. i also like Sercipo, cause of his character, he is all shady but it is for the killing and protecting he goes "berserk" on his own way don't you think?

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well Guts sure is the best to me, but unlike most of you i prefer this new Guts instead of the older. The new Guts is more human, so when he fights is much more cooler.

uchiha_rurik

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Definitely Guts, I have never been fan of Principal characters, but guts attitude towards things is really radical!!!!

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
ZODD TRE IMMORTAL!!!

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i like Judeau. i always wanted to be proficient in throwing knives and stuff.

but among the living, i'd go with the one holding the "wind sword" (damn forgot the name)

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
bakashijinsan said:
i like Judeau. i always wanted to be proficient in throwing knives and stuff.

but among the living, i'd go with the one holding the "wind sword" (damn forgot the name)
you mean the guy who looks like a fox with the KazeRapier that contains the spirts of the wind?his name is Serpico