Discussion - Why didn't zoro just wear his original post-timeskip clothes in Wano? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Why didn't zoro just wear his original post-timeskip clothes in Wano?

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
i meant the one he wore at sabaody archipelago. It's already a suitable clothes for a ronin.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
From time to time Oda changes their outfit, i guess it was time for a change after few years in New World.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems silly but maybe it has something to do with them being undercover.
Also not to get recognize more. Many seen how his post timeskip look, so not wise to keep wearing same thing if you want to be caught by enemies who read newspaper and exploits.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't get outside newspaper in North Kor-I meant Wano, my bad hehehehe so they wouldn't know about Zoro's looks. Well maybe some headliners and higher would read it but still it shouldn't be a big problem. You would think people would recognize luffy pretty easily whenever he is in disguise but there are plenty of simpletons in One Piece lol.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
They don't get outside newspaper in North Kor-I meant Wano, my bad hehehehe so they wouldn't know about Zoro's looks. Well maybe some headliners and higher would read it but still it shouldn't be a big problem. You would think people would recognize luffy pretty easily whenever he is in disguise but there are plenty of simpletons in One Piece lol.
Actually they do on Kaido side. He found out about Luffy and Law especially had their wanted posters. Which mean the group and maybe close associates in Wano like Orochi will know about them if they saw their regular appearance. So they do get information from outside world, but selective group, not the masses.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's what I meant. The prisoner mine prisoners don't seem to get it even though Luffy has his strawhat still but I guess prisoners naturally don't get all the news. The thing is I'm sure a good amount of them were regular folks that got arrested within the last 2 years. Regular folks and probably some of the samurais too are withheld a great amount of info. How did no one see thru Sanji's disguise? He had a huge line of chicks. I bet at least 1 or 2 are from a nobler family that might get the news. Either these people are ignorant or...dumb lol. I guess after all these years they also have never recognized the same moon symbol on the ankles of some people...all over the place it seems. That part was kind of sad but at least it moves the plot forward.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's what I meant. The prisoner mine prisoners don't seem to get it even though Luffy has his strawhat still but I guess prisoners naturally don't get all the news. The thing is I'm sure a good amount of them were regular folks that got arrested within the last 2 years. Regular folks and probably some of the samurais too are withheld a great amount of info. How did no one see thru Sanji's disguise? He had a huge line of chicks. I bet at least 1 or 2 are from a nobler family that might get the news. Either these people are ignorant or...dumb lol. I guess after all these years they also have never recognized the same moon symbol on the ankles of some people...all over the place it seems. That part was kind of sad but at least it moves the plot forward.
What do you mean about seeing his disguise? How would they if the masses like them don't know?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i meant the one he wore at sabaody archipelago. It's already a suitable clothes for a ronin.
Simplest reason is Oda usually outfits the crew into something new when they visit island. I don't think there's much else as reason besides this.