Character - William Minerva Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character William Minerva Thread

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The William Minerva Thread

All theories and discussions specific to William Minerva go here. Who is he? What is his role? Is he a friend or foe to Emma and the others?

http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c016/17.html

http://mangafox.me/manga/yakusoku_no_neverland/c017/5.html

For now I think he's a good guy, because the kids to need help. If he were a bad guy, then it's possible he could be luring out the smartest kids (whoever could figure it out would be intelligent) so he can sell kids on the black market.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm not actually sure what to think of Minerva. We just don't know enough, or almost anything about him. We do know that he left a message in those books however, which means that he must be a part of the society of humans that lives with the demons if his books where supplied to the Grace Fields Farms.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Holy feijão com arroz, if "William" turned out to be a method for the demons to
A)Get rid of incompent mamas
B)Get rare delicalys, because if the brains taste better the smarter they are, brains that can see trough this discovery should be THE food for them.

This would imply a third party comming to the rescue of the children tho.
Also, A and B may seem counter proudutive, but remember those demons threat humans as resources and as Krone showed us they have schools of mamas.
So no problem sacking one of them for the more orgasmic foods.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oh boy, I wonder if Phil is involved in this in some way shape or form, he was the one noticing the books messages and acting somewhat suspicious in the 22th chap.

I wouldnt be surprised if Phil was Minerva´s soon if it turned out that Minerva is a human.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Im sticking for now to the symbolism behind Minerva name, Minerva is the roman name of the Greek goddess Athena and she was basically the Goddess of wisdom, justice, and war and a great strategist she was also a guide and helper for heroes like odyseus and so.
Im sure there's something related to ancient Mythology and as children they definitely will need an adult help in the upcoming world, do for now im thinking of him a mysterious benefactor.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
We still don't know much about him Except the fact that Krone was speaking about MR.Minerva in this
But is he either a friend or a foe remain to be seen cause one of my first thought was like point B in @Kato756 post..It will be really ultimate test to obtain the best quality :teehee

At least our group will deduce from the left behind pen that W.M is alive and maybe Krone left some other useful info also

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So now that the world has been defined some, any predictions?

He has helped the kids immensely. Emma thinks he's the one with access to the human side. I tend to agree, he left books in a library which are made by humans.At the very least Minerva has access to goods from the human world.

My prediction - he is from the human world and came across into demon territory in 2016. His aim is to retrieve humans from plantations, and has spent years working on this. It's not just getting the kids out, he would've needed to infiltrate HQ at some capacity first.

Another possibility is the WM is a group of people named after the man who signed/suggested this treaty.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Another possibility is the WM is a group of people named after the man who signed/suggested this treaty.
But won't it mean WM is an old man from a long time ago?

I always think he is someone of the age of 30 years and is a part of a human resistance group.But there is always the chance that he is the one signed the treaty and also helps the humams living in Demon part.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Seems like you got the closest:D

We now know William Minerva is a fictional name being used by James Ratri, who belongs to a clan associated with the man who negotiated the treaty.
I'm going to be completely honest here. I'm still confused by him. He does seem to be a good guy at least. Take this page for example:
Seems like he tried to play both sides and paid the price. I'll tentatively compare him to Emma in that he wanted to save everyone and preserve the peace. Idealistic and somewhat naive. Added to the fact that he gave them 3 options, one of which was to break the promise that he himself didn't want to do because it would have consequences for the human world, he seems to have taken on more than he could handle.

I do believe he's still alive though. Even though he was being hunted he said he wouldn't let them kill him, so it'll be interesting to see if that's the case and under what circumstances he makes his appearance.

hai_Priesty

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I'm just getting back and hyped at Neverland again, something off my head that hopefully is not already mentioned :D

Even considering that Human world made the pact, does regular humans even know the existence of another world?
Also consider that the pact is made 1000 years ago, perhaps it's a closely guarded secret by the tiny group of uber rich and powerful man. Probably literally above the law, and have some undertones similar to what we have, in real world, Illuminati conspiracies.

Seems like you got the closest:D

Seems like he tried to play both sides and paid the price. I'll tentatively compare him to Emma in that he wanted to save everyone and preserve the peace. Idealistic and somewhat naive. Added to the fact that he gave them 3 options, one of which was to break the promise that he himself didn't want to do because it would have consequences for the human world, he seems to have taken on more than he could handle.
Perhaps naive, but quite likely he didn't want to break the promise because that will destroy his family power and wealth, 35 generations of legacy, perhaps even endanger lives of his whole clan, everyone he treasured.

(Also related to my predictions perhaps only narrow circle in the human world knows about the world of Demons....... or heard about forsaken human that got breed into human cattle. If modern society citizens with European-like worldview may go great lengths to rescue. )

In a sense we have to give him credit that when he realized he can't untie this situation, he admit this and formerly passed the world-deciding responsibility to someone who can with all the options open, while ridding the decider from moral burdens (message : "(...)But who will blame you?")

I do believe he's still alive though. Even though he was being hunted he said he wouldn't let them kill him, so it'll be interesting to see if that's the case and under what circumstances he makes his appearance.
James Ratri outright stated he doesn't even know when this record will be played (and it's like >15 years when Emma & Lucas heard this) but he tells them to look for his comrades who support his ideals anyway. Which implies that his movement is strong with
(1) lots of people,
(2) Comrades he's confident about not wavering for decades and decades to come (perhaps even passing on this mission to next generations)
(3) and has enough resources to escape capture, sustain mission and to help people seeking refuge.

If he's such comrades, it's not that easy to kill him actually.

Alanood

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have a feeling that the one who took Emma to Goldy Pond is one of Minerva's allies. Probably his left hand(?).