Xophien's Brigade - Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Xophien's Brigade - Save the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Xophien's brigade for Saving the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

I know that, and it's on my read list, but... To be perfectly honest I'm not much of a fan of Vagabond, so well >.>;
Well, not that I'm asking you to be a fan or anything. I just love Takehiko Inoue's godlike skillz, is all. :oh

And stop acting like the resident Miwiki or I'm locking you up in a room with Drakno :oh
:rofl

why drakno?? he was locked up all this time? for what crime?

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Xophien's brigade for Saving the World by Overloading it with Konata-ism and Yuri

why drakno?? he was locked up all this time? for what crime?
He's the self-proclaimed number one fan of Miyuki (I'm not doubting that, since he's pretty much the only one as well >.>), so Miwiki Khal could be to his tastes :oh

Drakno

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

And stop acting like the resident Miwiki or I'm locking you up in a room with Drakno :oh
He's the self-proclaimed number one fan of Miyuki (I'm not doubting that, since he's pretty much the only one as well >.>), so Miwiki Khal could be to his tastes :oh
I see your evil personality didn't change one bit Xoph huh :notrust :modsmack (at least the nicknaming has stopped...)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Btw Danchou, I just thought of a question for you.

What do you actually think of Satoshi Kon movies/anime?

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

I see your evil personality didn't change one bit Xoph huh :notrust :modsmack (at least the nicknaming has stopped...)
The day I won't be myself, you may be sure the world will be coming to an end :p As for the nicknaming, it was fun for a while, but it's the kind of thing that gets old quickly Dor... Drakkun :oh

Btw Danchou, I just thought of a question for you.

What do you actually think of Satoshi Kon movies/anime?
I only saw Tokyo Godfathers (that I loved) of him. Actually I must confess that I've seen very, very few anime movies, Mononoke Hime being for example the only Ghibli movie I've ever seen. Dunno why, really, I know they're good and I'm sure I'd like them, but... Maybe I don't like to invest my time into something so short >.>; (it'd explain also why I only play RPGs and don't really like oneshots :sweat)

Drakno

Reaction score
Country
Greece

As for the nicknaming, it was fun for a while, but it's the kind of thing that gets old quickly Dor... Drakkun :oh
Drakkun huh, well at least that's an improvement :amuse

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

About Slam Dunk I read at least 3 times, and I absolutely love Buzzer Beater; it was such pity the anime adaption changed the plot so much.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I only saw Tokyo Godfathers (that I loved) of him. Actually I must confess that I've seen very, very few anime movies, Mononoke Hime being for example the only Ghibli movie I've ever seen. Dunno why, really, I know they're good and I'm sure I'd like them, but... Maybe I don't like to invest my time into something so short >.>; (it'd explain also why I only play RPGs and don't really like oneshots :sweat)
I loved Tokyo Godfathers, which was my first Satoshi Kon that I ever watched. That actually brought up my expectations when I tried exploring his other works which I found too much of a mental stress to watch. -_-; And ironically Danchou, they're not as short as you think, which would actually make you wish otherwise :darn

And speaking of Mononoke Hime, that's actually my favorite Ghibli movie. I'm a fan of Ghibli stuffs btw, and totally enjoyed the Ghibli museum. Anyway, if you would ever consider taking a reco, try My Neighbor Totoro. It's my 2nd favorite of the Ghibli movies. ^^ Something that can't ever be made a series anyway, cute enough as it is.

About Slam Dunk I read at least 3 times, and I absolutely love Buzzer Beater; it was such pity the anime adaption changed the plot so much.
this isn't in our neat little database? ;) I find our little MH to be very amusing btw. It's absolutely cute.

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

I loved Tokyo Godfathers, which was my first Satoshi Kon that I ever watched. That actually brought up my expectations when I tried exploring his other works which I found too much of a mental stress to watch. -_-; And ironically Danchou, they're not as short as you think, which would actually make you wish otherwise :darn
Forgot, I also saw Perfect Blue of him (well, he only directed this one, didn't write it), and it wasn't bad either. Seriously weird, but not bad. And also Paranoia Agent, his only TV series, and this one was rather... Well, weird, too, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit^^; It had one of the most WTF openings ever, too :XD

And speaking of Mononoke Hime, that's actually my favorite Ghibli movie. I'm a fan of Ghibli stuffs btw, and totally enjoyed the Ghibli museum. Anyway, if you would ever consider taking a reco, try My Neighbor Totoro. It's my 2nd favorite of the Ghibli movies. ^^ Something that can't ever be made a series anyway, cute enough as it is.
I'm considering taking the reco if you don't mind me never actually watching it :oh Same thing as usual, too much stuff to do^^;

this isn't in our neat little database? ;) I find our little MH to be very amusing btw. It's absolutely cute.
I do agree, and got used quickly to link to the MH database. But maybe that's because I never used mangaupdates much in the first place... >.>

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States

Note that despite being French I'm not even that fond of red wine, though (I like only the first-class ones) White wine is another matter <333
You have any wine recommendations? Especially, recommendations on where I could go to taste a variety of wines? I was advised to try Dijon, since they have lots of tours of the burgandy region, but wine tours don't seem to be very popular in january, for some odd reason. :eyeroll

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Forgot, I also saw Perfect Blue of him (well, he only directed this one, didn't write it), and it wasn't bad either. Seriously weird, but not bad. And also Paranoia Agent, his only TV series, and this one was rather... Well, weird, too, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit^^; It had one of the most WTF openings ever, too :XD
oh yeah I've tried Paranoia agent, but never got past ep 6 :shakefist

You have any wine recommendations? Especially, recommendations on where I could go to taste a variety of wines? I was advised to try Dijon, since they have lots of tours of the burgandy region, but wine tours don't seem to be very popular in january, for some odd reason. :eyeroll
you're planning to go to france for some wine tour? (This is purely an inquisition, with no sarcasm or whatever effect intended)

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

Taking off from Paris for a one-day tour, I s'ppose? Yeah, I'd say the Burgundy region, either Dijon or Beaune should be 2 hours away from Paris by train, and Mâcon a bit further. Beaune and Mâcon are both right inside the Burgundy region as far as wine is concerned, Dijon a little more to the north. And don't think wine tours aren't popular at this time of the year, it's about just the right time to taste the Beaujolais nouveau over there :amuse

Though you could also try for the Champagne region, if you feel more like tasting champagne instead of wine :p It's about two hours away as well, and in this case you're going for Reims, or the nearby small town of Epernay (which is the home of several of the biggest and best champagne producers).

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States

you're planning to go to france for some wine tour? (This is purely an inquisition, with no sarcasm or whatever effect intended)
Nah, I'm going to France for work. But while I'm there, I'd like to sample some wine too. I mean, I can get French wine here too, but... *shrug*

Taking off from Paris for a one-day tour, I s'ppose?
I dunno yet. I was just trying to think of what I should do. :amuse

And don't think wine tours aren't popular at this time of the year, it's about just the right time to taste the Beaujolais nouveau over there :amuse
Yeah, there were Beaujolais nouveau tasting parties here sponsored by the french community. I went to one last year, but skipped it this year. (I felt so out of place with everyone speaking french, since I can't understand a word. :sweat)

Though you could also try for the Champagne region, if you feel more like tasting champagne instead of wine :p It's about two hours away as well, and in this case you're going for Reims, or the nearby small town of Epernay (which is the home of several of the biggest and best champagne producers).
Hmm, but what is there to do in these towns? The thing is, here in the states (eg, NY and CA), it's quite popular to drive between various vineyards and taste a sample of the wines at each vineyard. But I don't really want to do that in France because (1) I don't want to drive, (2) there are way too many vineyards that I wouldn't know which to pick and don't know if they're even open for tours in Jan, and (3) I get the impression that this vineyard-hopping isn't really popular in france. Are there stores or restaurants that offer tastings of various vineyards?

Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

Hmm, but what is there to do in these towns? The thing is, here in the states (eg, NY and CA), it's quite popular to drive between various vineyards and taste a sample of the wines at each vineyard. But I don't really want to do that in France because (1) I don't want to drive, (2) there are way too many vineyards that I wouldn't know which to pick and don't know if they're even open for tours in Jan, and (3) I get the impression that this vineyard-hopping isn't really popular in france. Are there stores or restaurants that offer tastings of various vineyards?
Vineyard-hopping isn't popular? I guess it depends. Sometimes it's easy, take Epernay I mentioned earlier for example, there's four of the biggest champagne caves in the world... in the same avenue :p But yeah, there are also stores that offer tastings of various vineyards in the major cities, you'll even find tons of them "bar à vin" (literally wine pub) in Paris :p Depends what you want to do, visiting caves (which is sure impressing), then you'll have to leave Paris, or tasting lots of vineyards, then staying in Paris could be enough for that and you'll get to taste everything from Bordeaux to Burgundy.

I'd take the opportunity to leave the capitale if I were you, though :p And well, say you feel like going to Beaune, I checked, there's a bar à vin here, and if you don't want to feel too lost, I could even go up there to be your guide-interpreter :p It's not even two hours away by car :amuse

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States

And well, say you feel like going to Beaune, I checked, there's a bar à vin here, and if you don't want to feel too lost, I could even go up there to be your guide-interpreter :p It's not even two hours away by car :amuse
You'd leave your room for moi? :jawdrop

I might take you up on that. :amuse Seems to be roughly 2 and a half hours away by train, with a connection in Dijon. Anything else to see in Beaune, other than the bar à vin? :D

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

You'd leave your room for moi? :jawdrop
Of course I would, I have to tell your husband how much of a freak you are after all :p (plus I'd make every other mod and member here envious, so yeah :smile-big)

I might take you up on that. :amuse Seems to be roughly 2 and a half hours away by train, with a connection in Dijon. Anything else to see in Beaune, other than the bar à vin? :D
Not much, I guess, besides the wine museum, the abbey, one of the oldest hospital in the world, the nearby castle and its cellar, the restaurants, parks, and the town itself which is a rather typical, old and pretty french town, ranked among the most beautiful ones of the country :amuse

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

and the town itself which is a rather typical, old and pretty french town, ranked among the most beautiful ones of the country :amuse
And the hometown of the team, that has lost to Lyon time after time after time :D

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France

We're not talking about my hometown, there, soon-to-be-banned ibra-kun >.> (to think we even defeated the FCK for you, you backstabbing traitor! :yelling)

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

where are you guys talkin bout?

anyway, for my birthday present, my dad's getting me the chouyusha haruhi ultimate limited edition version!
omg, im so excited that im spazzin out everywhere :xp