Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

• Kimihiro Watanuki

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

• Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

• Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

• Zashiki-warashi

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

• Other

• Total voters

bakacoconut

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a thought....

Firstly, let me say how intimidating it is to post a new thread that isn't a discussion thread for a chapter! If only mods are allowed to post threads, go ahead anddelete this please!

Now to the point. Has anyone else read Gohou/Legal/Lawful Drug? Does anyone else think it might have a tad bit more relevance than cameos? I'm not sure if I'm spoiling anything, if so, again, feel free to delete! But Gohou Drug has already had two cameos in XXXHolic, and Kakei keeps saying that whoever took Tsukiko has got to be really powerful. Also, Tsukiko's apparently more powerful than he is, so whoever took her must be even more powerful, right? But do you think that perhaps CLAMP has the series on hold not only because they're doing XXXHolic and Tsubasa at the same time (way to go guys!), but because it may also tie into their storyline? It's already tied into XXXHolic's storyline with something important (The high moon vase(spoiler?)) once, so why not again? Also, there's a similarity between the two series that's just weird. Kakei said he opened the store to protect Kazahaya and the people he cares about. Yuko opened her shop for Watanuki. Kakei is a precog, and Yuko is a fourtune teller at the very least. Not to mention the similarity between Kazahaya and Watanuki, and the similarity between Rikuo and Doumeki. Just pointing these things out.

Am I just being hopeful?! probably.... -_-

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: Just a thought....

Heh, no worries.

Your thought does make sense.
Clamp has did the crossover thing for these 2 series - xxxholic and tsr, and others too. And at some point, even Yuko's friend Clow Reed, was the one who invented the cards in Cardcaptor Sakura, and also the one who did the two mokanas.

I won't be surprised if there are more parallels to be seen in future.
What do the rest of you think?

p.s. moved this to xxxholic section.

myth0logy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

there is ~-_WAAAAY_-~ too many "no chapter" areas on that schedule

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
xxxHolic 141 Discussion/Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE.

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next. :hbunny

Yachiru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I also like this theory. I think it could happen.

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 141 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Waa~ What happened? I can't read Japanese.. :crying

But I don't see a direct connection to what is going on over at Tsubasa RC.. So is this another ~holic story?

Ah well can't say much for the chapter at the moment, have to wait for the Edited Manga..

farseerdk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

basically they go fishing, watanuki can't catch anything and doukomei (sp?) teases him for it and gets watanuki's usualy overblown response. It starts to rain and they try to seek shelter in a nearby in. A little girl tells them to leave, as they try to, they bump into the other hostesses who turn out to be scary spirit bird thingies. They run away and doukomei chucks something at them and those two are somehow able to get away. He claims it's bird feed but that's probably BS... there's some comedy at the end to do with chickens...

anyway, it seems like 141 has absofrigglutely nothing to do with TRC at a glance. In 140 we had some Sakura/Watanuki dialogue (remember that Sakura's soul is now in a dream world after being stabbed by fai, so Watanuki can meet sakura in his dreams), but here we have nothing. Unless the bird incident is some huge setup for something more significant, this appears to be filler. All the fangirls on Tsubasa Forums are all goin "kyaaaaaaaaa" over the douki/watanuki moments... I couldn't take it so i came over here -_-.

Btw i fail to see the connection between 140 and 141. 140 ends with watanuki going "I don't know my parent's names!", which opened up a whole can of worms, but it seems those have been entirely forgotten in 141... I hope in 142 we can see some answers as to what watanuki meant by he doesn't know his parent's names...

Has he merely forgotten them? (hard to believe, even if you're young you still remember your parents' names...)
Or is it that he doesn't have parents/he is not human?

The latter, in my opinion, is much more interesting as it reraises the question of "just what exactly IS watanuki?". All the spirits seem to be saying things like "your existance is the rarest of all" or "you are truely unique". These things COULD be taken merely to mean "you are unusually kind" or "your spirit powers are unusually strong" or it could mean something entirely different.

So I hope we see some answers to that, though i doubt it as we may be heading into a bit of a filler arc in xxxHolic in order to TRC to get through those 12345678 chapters of action/flashback...

But the biggest current question in 141 remains...

WTF IS WITH THE BIRDS?!?!

farseerdk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I haven't read that manga... but i think the possibility for additional crossovers is very high. I do except to see some direct crossover with CCS later on in the whole holic/trc storyline... as yuko does mention early on that she "has yet to meet that cute girl and her boyfriend, but i will". This leads me to believe that (theory 101 coming up lol) the Sakura and Syaoran in Yuko's world are the Sakura and Syaoran from CSS... which means Yuko's "world" is the same "world" as the CSS "world". Chronolically where xxxholic fits with css is a mystery of course but... that's my thoughts

anyway, back on topic, yah it's very possible to see multiple series crossovers with more than just characters or token events, although i highley doubt the crossover will be to the extent that xxxholic and trc crossover.

Mirri

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hopefully sometime we will get a resume of Legal Drug, but I don't think that it has much relevance to xxxHolic.
I haven't read that manga... but i think the possibility for additional crossovers is very high. I do except to see some direct crossover with CCS later on in the whole holic/trc storyline... as yuko does mention early on that she "has yet to meet that cute girl and her boyfriend, but i will". This leads me to believe that (theory 101 coming up lol) the Sakura and Syaoran in Yuko's world are the Sakura and Syaoran from CSS... which means Yuko's "world" is the same "world" as the CSS "world". Chronolically where xxxholic fits with css is a mystery of course but... that's my thoughts
I don't think that it's the same world as Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm pretty sure that when Yuuko mentioned Sakura and Syaoran, she was referring to the ones from the Clow Country, not the ones from the Cardcaptor Sakura world.

It's possible that Yuuko and Watanuki are from the same world as CCS's Sakura and Syaoran, but I don't think that it's probable. I don't think that we'll encounter any (more, in the case of Syaoran) clones of main characters in any worlds.

A further crossover with Legal Drug to the point of intertwining stories would be awesome though. A lovely dream would be for TRC To end, and then instead of xxxHolic simultaneously ending, xxxHolic continues on with a crossover with Legal Drug, or even on its own. I can't imagine not having more xxxHolic :(

hajiki

Reaction score
Country
United States

this is a complete shot in the dark, and i came up with it at the weirdest of times (washing dishes XD), but maybe the lapses in watanuki's memory are because he isn't "himself" at those times. what if he is someone else? what if there is a different "watanuki" that surfaces randomly? i dunno. i think it's a pretty cool concept, and the way clamp is going right now, i wouldn't put anything past them.

Velvet_Rain_Dropz

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Clamp sure is good at making us curious about what will happen next. ^^
And i think this chapter has nothing to do with TRC. ^^
I'm curious about different "watanuki". And i do think it's cool! ^^
Can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

ImotoChan

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

So... when's Chapter 142 coming out again?

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

That would be Aug 20, I guess. :)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 142 Discussion/Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the Latest Downloads and Releases HERE.

Here is where you discuss what's is happening and what's going to happen next. :hbunny

ImotoChan

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Oh cool! It's updated! *gasp* That's today! Thanks guys!

ImotoChan

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 142 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Ara~ Still no TRC connection in this one.. I was quite surprised to see Watanuki-kun with Himawari-chan by themselves; what happened to Doumeki-kun? He always pops up.. I'm quite intrigued by the creature that took the flask (?). But usually when some creatured appears, Watanuki-kun would ask Yuuko about it and I didn't see Yuuko for the last two chapters (or more? I can't remember)..

Right now I'm not so sure of what they're saying.. I can only pick out the hiraganas, katakans, and a bit of kanji for my own understanding, so I'll wait for the Edited Manga..

Julia-the-Great

Reaction score
Country
United States

That last thing about him not sampling his food is just making my head go crazy. Does Watanuki not eat? Surely we must have seen him eating at some point. Gah, stupid theories that everyone is coming up with about Watanuki... they're making ME go all theory-crazy. Please, somebody disprove me so that I can stop wondering whether or not he eats... (because that's the only reason I can come up with as to why they'd highlight the fact that he doesn't sample what he cooks...)

InvaderKrag

Reaction score
Country
United States

He did seem pretty damned shaken up by the question. Maybe it's just that he's always cooking for other people and doesn't even think of the possibility of having some for himself...

And he does eat, remember him having some of the stuff Himawari-chan brought for him? All those times where he says like "Oh this is soo good himawari-chan!" and she says "I bought it" and he's like "Oh, well you heated it up really well!" He definitely eats...I dunno.

ImotoChan

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Kya~ A clue!

Watanuki-kun looked quite shocked about the sampling deal, didn't he? It kinda reminded me about the forgotten parents' name, two chapters back.. He was quite startled to be asked such a thing.. It looked as if he had been hit with realisation.. But what exactly did he realise? Just that he doesn't sample his food? Or is it cause he, for some strange reason, just knows it would be good, so he cooked it subconsiously? Ara~ So many theories, only one brain..

Julia-the-Great

Reaction score
Country
United States

And he does eat, remember him having some of the stuff Himawari-chan brought for him? All those times where he says like "Oh this is soo good himawari-chan!" and she says "I bought it" and he's like "Oh, well you heated it up really well!" He definitely eats...I dunno.
OK, thanks. I was sure I'd seen him eat, I just couldn't remember when.

But still. This is very mysterious. I'm not sure why they'd show us that kind of reaction if it wasn't important somehow.