Shounen - Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Thanks to MS for the Edited Manga. :)

A good continuation chapter with the kids thinking of finding a rope in the storage room but realise that it isn't an item that is to be used in everyday life and therefore will not find any in the house. :teehee It's a good idea to use table cloth but they would need a lot of them though. These are some smart kids! :super

Ray has finally participated in the planning. (I was wondering when Norman and Emma were going to tell him.) Emma is quite a blockhead, isn't she? :teehee Interestingly, Norman wanna make Emma happy by obliging to what Emma wants to do. But there will be tough times ahead.

The book titled "Mechanical Engineering and the History of Humans" amazes me and we now get a timeline of their world - 2045.

With these new info, it is a good thing that Ray is part of the team. He is their brain after all. :^_^

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yet another pretty decent chapter I must say this manga is of a high cut so far. I enjoy the darkish themes, and i'm glad that Ray has finally gotten a piece of the action. I might post a more in depth review later. Hell, maybe this manga will get it's very own subforum one day :derp
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok I just need to say this. Only chapter 4 and the loooove is flowing. That was so cute how he straight up admitted he loved Emma. I'm not sure if it's romantic love or familial love but either way :blush

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Yet another pretty decent chapter I must say this manga is of a high cut so far. I enjoy the darkish themes, and i'm glad that Ray has finally gotten a piece of the action. I might post a more in depth review later. Hell, maybe this manga will get it's very own subforum one day :derp
The dark theme does have the bright side to it. It will be a full throttle with Ray coming on board. Good to see the trio putting their heads together, analysing and planning for a possible solution. The preparation is a good one which will determine how successful they will be when the time comes for the actual prison break.

On the antagonist side, Mama is monitoring the three kids closely. Her claws will be very shape when she start to attack. She is also very good in playing mind games. She appears to be a good villain. But she is (likely) a victim herself once her background story is unfolded.

There are a number of series authored by a bunch of new mangaka and are serialised lately, which look very promising. If this series gets popular and with a good flow of discussion, it may be considered for a subforum of its own. But we shall see how it goes. The story has already won my heart. I like the artwork too. :^_^

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Decided to read this out of boredom. now I'm totally hooked! :zomg

The first chapter reminded me of the 2015 Pan movie. except that their mother was a very nice woman. or so I thought, but it turned out that she's even more evil than Mother Barnabas!

chapter 2-4 is just like how ProGoddess described it.

Once again, Love destroys man's rational thinking. How many must fall before Love is satisfied? :toc

Even though their mother seems to be a victim of the circumstances, I can't forgive her actions... She's a selfish human who only thinks about herself. She seems pretty smart. she could have made a plan to save all those children(or die trying), but she decides to sacrifice them for her sake. Even if she manages to survive all this time, her life in that "farm" would be pretty dull. Something many people might not even consider a life.

as much as I enjoyed it.. I don't see it going far without being cliche, but if the authors prove me wrong, then I'd be really happy. :^_^

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This manga is written by Kaiu Shirai (白井カイウ) and illustrated by Posuka Demizu (出水ぽすか). It appears that this is their first debut series. Posuka is a known mangaka for children's manga that are published in Shogakukan (小学館) magazine, whist Shirai is fairly new with his one-shot manga published last year.

Many series start with a simple storyline at the beginning but surprisingly, some of them could last for a long time. This series seems to have a potential for good development in its plot as long as the authors keep up with the momentum; I can see it being a good series in a long run. Even if it does not go over decades like some well-known series (eg. One Piece, Bleach and Naruto) but if it is serialised for a couple of years, one should be satisfied.

As for the current chapter, I'm a little intrigued on the "romantic attachment" of the children. I guess it is what we always call, "puppy love" - not the kind of adult romance but more of a temporary infatuation or fondness of someone that happens to younger people like the teens. Perhaps at one point of time, some of us may have experienced it when we were at that age or a little older. hehe! :teehee

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This actually reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul.. it's like the future of TG where the ghouls(monsters/demons) finally have control of the world, ate almost all of the humans, and decides to create a human farm to keep the food coming.

As for the current chapter, I'm a little intrigued on the "romantic attachment" of the children. I guess it is what we always call, "puppy love" - not the kind of adult romance but more of a temporary infatuation or fondness of someone that happens to younger people like the teens. Perhaps at one point of time, some of us may have experienced it when we were at that age or a little older. hehe! :teehee
not me! :hmph ok, maybe a little... i'm not sure. :XD

how about you guys? care to create a new thread, and share your puppy love stories? :^_^

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This actually reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul.. it's like the future of TG where the ghouls(monsters/demons) finally have control of the world, ate almost all of the humans, and decides to create a human farm to keep the food coming.

not me! :hmph ok, maybe a little... i'm not sure. :XD

how about you guys? care to create a new thread, and share your puppy love stories? :^_^

Both stories may have some resemblance except that we have children below 12 years old and majority of them are below age of six.

Puppy love stories? I suppose it can be created in "Fun" sub-forum for those who are interested. :smile-big

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
True.. and they don't seem to have special abilities to fight against those monsters. It'll be interesting to see how they survive in that kind of world.

btw anyone got the answer for the number of cubes in that test emma took?

how bout you create one and share your puppy love story? :smile-big

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Haha that sounds pretty fun. This manga is well written. I can't really say too much yet since it's only been 5 weeks since I read the first chapter, but if it does continue in this fashion, YnN has the potential to set off to great heights

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Spoilers (source: 4chan. Same source as last week which was right)

The kids determine the rough position of the house in the world map by the way the sun comes out and the fact that they have four seasons. They try to find any surgical scars on their bodies to locate the transmitter but they find none. They determine that it must be used technology that didn't exist back in 2015. It's also likely that the demons are using something other than technology. Via process of elimination, Mother realizes the kids that realized the truth are Emma, Norman and Rei since they're the only ones who could pretend nothing has happened around her. Mother is acting suspicious around Emma, Norman and Rei and keeps them doing chores all day. A new antagonist is introduced, Sister Krone. Krone arrives to the house at the end of the chapter, the final reveal is that her shadow has the silhouette of a demon.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
so base on the spoilers, demons can actually take the form of a human. things are not looking good for those 3.
hopefully there will be more in the chapter than what's in the spoiler.
I can't wait to see how they outsmart their mother and that sister Krone. :spaz

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Let's put these spoiler pictures in perspective for our easy reference.

(I'm surprised that the spoilers came out so early as the magazine won't be out for another three weeks. But I'm thankful that we are having them now. All thanks to the contributors. :super)

Chapter 5

It appears that Mama continues to spy on the three older kids. By now, she would have been (almost) sure that they are the culprits, or rather more of Emma and Norman. I mention "almost" due to the fact that Mama seems to want to be 100% accurate who the kids were, who had sneaked out and went over the wall. But Emma will be an easy target to get intel from that Mama did test her previously. But unfortunately for her, but fortunate for the kids, Norman interrupted or Mama would have gotten her answer. Since Emma does not have a clear head like the other two, especially Ray, I suspect Mama will be tempting her again.

With a heavy heart, Norman gazes upon his innocent "little brothers and sisters" who are having a great time with Mama, it troubles him even more. Of the many years, all the children have been trusting her faithfully without a doubt - of her love and care for them as if she is their real mother - little did they know that the one they have trusted so much isn't the one who says who she is but one who sends them to death one after another when they are deemed unworthy as evidenced by poor academic result, which is supposedly linked to low intelligence. Older kids are more developed physically, psychologically, as well as psychosocially which then are more sensitive and aware of themselves and those surrounding them. Thus any slight changes will have a great impact on them. What's more, here we are - talking about life and death issues. How could they not be fearful? In our world, these three kids would have been given special privilege for gifted programme in school. I guess it is for one to explore the basis of psychoanalystic theory that identifies the stages of life the kids' mental development is derived from. Of course this is too deep a topic for discussion here.

Let's see what we have - a new member of the group, Ray. He may not have been a "suspect" yet but Mama will soon find out the "conspiracy" among the kids. So do the children of hers, as they analyse her further, secretly of course. hehe! :teehee

Another shocking character which I believe will scare the trio even more. That smile on her face isn't a pleasant one, at least it doesn't look like one to me. Something deep is hidden behind it. What are they - Emma, Norman and Ray - going to do about it? Will they face a setback and difficulty apart from Mama who is already someone who's hard to deal with, and now with an additional enemy coming their way? The spoiler says she has a demon shadow? Wow!!!

I'm getting excited about it! :^_^

Last edited:

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Chapter 5 is out!

http://mangalife.me/read-online/ThePromisedNeverland/chapter-5/index-1/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not much happening this chapter...only thing that struck out to me was Emma wanting power, and their mother's speech about "knowing their plans".

Seems like they brought that new baby to give them a much harder time escaping. it's hard enough to take care of all those children... much more with a baby.

The tracker must have something to do with the number of their body.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That was a decent chapter. I don't read any spoilers for this manga so each chapter is fresh for me.
I like that this possible Demon Lady has been introduced, and the fact that Ray's influence is helping Conny and Emma to think straight.
So we are on earth huh? I wonder where they are located? Japan perhaps? Europe? And I wonder if the rest of the world really is inhabited by demons after all. They could just be using this Orphanage to feed an underground society of demons. A bit like the Ghoul Restaurant from Tokyo Ghoul

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Chapter 5 - The Promised Neverland

"She Got Us!"

Thank you MS for the Edited Manga.

The chapter begins with a world map. The location of the sun rising from and the weather help the children to pinpoint where they are located at. Though they know that it is in the northern hemisphere but it is still hard to get to the specific region or country with that little information. The world outside is an "unknown" but they know that there are demons out there.

New characters are being introduced - Gilda and Don. It appears that the older kids including Gilda and Don are "suspects" of Mama, or rather the two new ones are used as a distraction and a threat. When she flashes out her transmitter watch, it is as if to say that "I'm watching you!"

I wonder where the tracker is implanted. But I can guess - it could be in the brain which is why the kids are unable to locate any scar, or rather hard to find it. In our modern world, there is the kind of "keyhole surgery", also known as minimally invasive surgery, that is done through a very small incision where the scar is so small that one can hardly see it. The scar also fades away quicker than larger wounds. In fact if the incision is on the skull, it will probably be even more difficult to find especially it is covered by the hair. Since the time has passed over 2015 in the story, surgical procedures may have already been advanced further than what they have been before. Who knows the new devices may be able to be made in such a way that they can be absorbed into the body or a specific organ. Or perhaps the tattoos (numbers) on their necks are the tracker! :eek:

Emma wants power as she thinks that it will help her to protect the other kids. This is very typical of her since she is seen to be the "muscle" (physical strength) of the trio while Ray is the "analyst" and Norman is "strategist." It takes that much to realise and understand how far back she is but she does have her strong point. Her physique is excellent - good reflexes and agility - when it comes to spying and legwork.

Smart Mama asking the five of them to do stock-take, so she will know something is amiss if there is anything missing. At the same time, the housework will keep them busy and tired so that they will not wander around and search for a way out. With additional kids around, the trio will be more cautious that they will not be able to discuss or talk about "escaping" in front of Don and Gilda. That did somehow distract them a bit. Good strategy from Mama!

It's kinda sad that Mama is able to bring the kids - one by one - to feed the demons especially after raising them for so many years. Anyone would have felt some sentiments with another person if they have stayed together long enough. Unless both parties are in an estranged relationship, it may be understandable. But for the kids who are naive and innocent and they are even raised as an infant, it is hard to imagine that she can hearten her heart and see the children die. Obviously the underlying problem she faces must have been so ominous that it overthrows her innate maternal feelings.

The final day comes when they knew that the "stock-taking" is to prevent them from planning and escaping or stalling them in other words. Since Mama monitors them through the transmitter watch, she knows the whereabouts of the three. Though specific person does not appear on the watch, but it will indicate three spots on it. Emma, Norman and Ray are always together and it is easy for Mama to find out when they come back during meal time. There are only a few older kids of their age. So it makes it easier to derive to a conclusion. Mama is a smart person after all.

The arrival of Sister Krone and the baby will further divert the trio's attention and the more they need to be careful. They have lost some precious time with Mama's "prevention plan." The new "Sister" smells of complete trouble and that demon behind, is it her shadow? Or a way the author shows us her evilness?

It's a good chapter after all - keeps our brains thinking! :super I'd think it gains 8/10 rating.

Do you enjoy it? :smile-big

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Seems like their Mother is a demon after all. she's handling sister krone like she's a higher ranking demon than her or her equal.

they must be two low ranked demons that works as slaves to the higher ones.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I've just gone through the spoiler pictures - it seems like the three kids are having a hard time, not just Mama alone but with the addition of Sister Krone. The puzzling thing is the new baby that comes from nowhere. Perhaps with their intelligent mind, they may figure out how and where they come from considering the world may possibly be flooded with demons which they have no clue about till they get out and see for themselves. Even so if they want to survive.

The two Sisters seem to be on boiling-head on each other. The kids will be able to find out more of their identity and maybe the scheme they are plotting. If the Sisters are demons, will they (someday) show their true demonic form?

While I was writing, I was also reading the "Weekly Shonen Jump Authors' Comment" which I came across the comment from Kaiu Shirai who said this, "These little flying bugs that slipped through my insect screen are now (all) lying on top of my storyboard. This is quite troublesome."

It makes me laugh when I think about this story which contains a "human-children farm" as if they are some kind of animals that are raised and then kill for food. It's similarly like those cows, sheep, chickens and ducks in the farm. Maybe the bugs are no ordinary bugs he's referring to and the trio - Ray, Norman and Emma - are indeed bugs to Mama whom she will need to destroy (or get rid of), and there are also real bugs that are bugging the author while he's working on the manga. (Alright... pun intended... just for fun! :teehee)

Last edited: