Shounen - Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
So, I picked up TPN after almost two years of putting it on-hold (I stopped halfway through Goldy Pond after Norman was revealed to be alive). At first, I was going to wait until the manga ends and read the rest in one sitting, but I caved in and read it up to the latest chapter. Luckily without being spoiled anything, I heard a lot of criticism on this final arc and about people dropping the manga after Goldy Pond. Some comments gave me the impression that the final arc was one of the worst final arcs in shounen and maybe even unreadable.

Maybe because my expectations were low. Maybe because I read 80 chapters in one sitting without forming any expectations. Maybe because this part focused a lot on my boy Norman after a long absence, but I enjoyed what I read so far. At least, I read worse final arcs than this. The Gracefield part was a masterpiece and nothing after it managed to top it or even be on par with it, but overall, I really enjoyed this manga and it’s one of my favorites from this decade. I hope we’re going to get a satisfying ending.

Also, Along with all the Norman goodness, I was glad that Don and Gilda finally got to play a role, twice. This is the reaction of my inner self when they were chosen to join the search for Cuvitidala:

And Zazie:wtf

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Husbando Wars nomination deadline is extended until Nov 23rd! Nominate your husband now!​

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
WSJ has released a,what appears to be,Parody Chapter of The Promised Neverland similar to Naruto SD or Attack on Junior High. Some Fans have translated it so i thought it'd be nice to share it with everybody here as well :verily ,it was really fun to read,it has Lucas,Isabella and Yuugo and some other characters we haven't seen in awhile in it too! Here,if you're interested:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Greetings from Posuka :zomg

+

Tpn soundtrack available here :

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The Promised Neverland is getting a western live-action series!

Not sure what to feel about this. They're usually pretty bad, but the directors are behind Into the Spiderverse. Hmm... :grumble

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The Promised Neverland is getting a western live-action series!

Not sure what to feel about this. They're usually pretty bad, but the directors are behind Into the Spiderverse. Hmm... :grumble
I agree they're usually not-so-good, but I feel TPN is one they could make work. A cast of children is the hard part for me.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Manga Wars event is starting!
Go nominate your favorite manga here!

:cheerbunny

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just sharing this, this is the raw of the new one shot 'Supernatural Photographer Saburo Kono" of both TPN authors (shirai and posuka), maybe a new manga will be coming soon ? Cant tell, but just by browsing, this one shot seems to look pretty good and posuka art is on top as usual :

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Just sharing this, this is the raw of the new one shot 'Supernatural Photographer Saburo Kono" of both TPN authors (shirai and posuka), maybe a new manga will be coming soon ? Cant tell, but just by browsing, this one shot seems to look pretty good and posuka art is on top as usual :

The fully translated One Shot named "Spirit Photographer Saburo Kuno" has been released on Mangaplus,get it while it's hot peeps. :verily

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thanks seraph that was good ! it had all this Gracefield arc i used to enjoy, glad to see they did something about Ray's past and the pain he went through, knowing whats happening and seeing his family being sent to their death. Happy to see the good old tension and mind games starting. Plus Isabella at her best ! :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

btw heres the com of Shirai & Posuka on Wsj, seems theres more chapters to come :

--- Double Post Merged, ---

oh awesome lol Oct 12 :arf