• Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Winterfell
They're probably caught up in the whole reunion.
Yeah, but that's one hell of an information they have at disposal to hold back even considering the whole reunion stuff. :lmao
Not to mention that Emma and Ray were alone in this chapter and they still didn't mention it at all, even though they talked about them.
Wouldn't surprise me if Ray slaps Norman with those facts during the coming confrontation. He's already side eyeing him lol.
We think alike. That would be a very beautiful sight. :awe
The worst thing is, that for now we were introduced to only two options: Norman's "let's exterminate them" and Emma's "let's be friends with them" - and both are equally bad and unrealistic in execution imo. We need something between
Hello Linali,

let me introduce you this little sweet thing here:

This is Ray.

Ray, this is Linali.
Maybe she is a product of an experiment or simply of progressing evolution?
Which means there is a chance to coexist without the Demons depending on human meat.

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Poland
Yeah, but that's one hell of an information they have at disposal to hold back even considering the whole reunion stuff. :lmao
Not to mention that Emma and Ray were alone in this chapter and they still didn't mention it at all, even though they talked about them.
Yeah, I can understand, that Emma is hestitating on what to do now, but I hope the confrontation netween her (+Ray?) and Norman will come sooner or later.
We think alike. That would be a very beautiful sight. :awe
Count me in :XD
Hello Linali,

let me introduce you this little sweet thing here:

This is Ray.

Ray, this is Linali.
Oh hello, where have you been all my life, pretty boy? :luv
But seriously, I hope Ray will come up with some idea, or at least won't be affraid to point out holes in Norman's plan. He said he's been thinking about Norman and his plan, I wish to know, to which conclusion have it led him, because for now he only asked about Emma's.

deyna

Country
Malaysia
ray's the only one sensible at the moment. hope he says what he needs to say and points out that there are some flaws in norman's plan.

Cycnea

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'm thinking of another possibility of Norman contacting (just contacting, not in cahoots with) some group of demons. Simply because he referred to them as "karera" ("them"), which is the same word he used when he referred to demons in ch 120, cmiiw. Pretty hard to believe, I know, and that word is too generic to narrow down the options, but well, I voted for Other anyway.

And I'm also thinking of the possibility that Norman and the gang have access (indirect at least) to human world.

so the black guy is vincent. norman didnt mention another one of minerva's allies is still alive. why didn't he say so? surely vincent is not a cattle child. i like that norman is being firm here and does not waste any time to make his plans. obviously the security of the plantations will be tightened because they saw emma and the others. i hope emma-tachi can go to the usual meeting too.
"Vincent" is the name of the other "child" (so I'm surprised that he looks like an adult. But again Norman also looks older anyway) in Lambda, whom Norman made contact with in TPN offscene 019-1 and 019-2, and further said in this page. Imo it's safe to assume that he was a cattle child too, like Norman, since he underwent the same daily test as him and referred to as 'smart guy'.

Mona_lisa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
United States
In this chapter
Norman says that Emma and ray (Grace field escapes) being exposed to public isn’t a problem is concerning me. It feels like he’s working with the demons from grace field because he never explained to us how did he get rid of his tracker when he escaped, or how did he escaped to begin with. So I’m wondering who are “them” that he keeps meeting regularly. Also the demons knew where the escapes where staying because of that one chapter where ray graved on the tree to warn Emma and the others, so maybe that’s how Norman knew where they are and contacted them in the last minute. I know there was an Allie who told Norman about the shelters and everything, but it’s just a theory.

Also I ship Emma and Ray. I just wanted to put it out there.

Last edited:

Cycnea

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Also the demons knew where the escapes where staying because of that one chapter where ray graved on the tree to warn Emma and the others, so maybe that’s how Norman knew where they are and contacted them in the last minute. I know there was an Allie who told Norman about the shelters and everything, but it’s just a theory.
For the demons, yes. They could know the location of the shelter if they had enough information to decipher the coordinate in Ray's message. But Norman didn't need that info because he examined Minerva's pen himself the night before his shipping. He already knew, that B06-32 should be their destination. Heck, assuming he brought the pen with him when he investigated the outer side of the GF wall, he might even partially deduce how the coordinate system works since he ran around the plantation boundary, which might enable the coordinate showed on the pen to change. Even if he didn't, Smee should know about it and he should've told it to Norman.

...which leads to my suspicion since two chapters ago that Norman actually knew the exact location of the shelter but decided to wait for the last minute. Though even if he did know, I have absolutely no idea why he had to delay the phone call. Him caring about Emma & co and Phil & co seems genuine this chapter.
Well, again this is just a speculation, but if it's true, it would be interesting to see how Oliver react to this action that resulted in the death of his father figure. Could lead to friction within the group.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Fun Forum
TL.DR AT BOTTOM

Just caught up to the manga after watching the anime and I have to say I'm definitely enjoying the series as a whole but the ultimate sour note of the story comes down to the unrealistic optimism that many characters have, specifically Emma.

I can understand some individuals having characteristics which express the desire to avoid fighting or killing if possible, but the entire concept of pure optimism coming off of Emma is actually sickening to a fair degree. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fairly optimistic and peaceful person and could see myself choosing options of survival that stem from avoiding fighting & contact with demons and only fighting as a last resort for survival (this applies to enemy humans as well) but the entire fact that Emma has the same perception as she has in the current moment of the story as she did in the very first chapter, speaks volumes of how unrealistic & terrible her character is.

She was raised on a farm & bred as produce for the highest ranked demons in the series and was forced to escape from Grace Field with only a handful of people (rather than everybody) and was under the ''impression'' that Norman was officially shipped out, killed & served as a special meal for the Demon King himself. Following onto this, you'd think her character would take a much more mature turn, perhaps dulling the optimism she holds but even then nothing changes, which is understandable to a fair degree considering she wanted to live in a way Norman would've wanted, but after she was tricked by Yuugo, taken to a hunting ground where she saw MULTIPLE PEOPLE DIE right in front of her to demons that were incredibly sadistic and wanted to consume her, you'd think some changed would finally happen, right? Maybe she'd become the equivalent of ''Eren'' - where she wanted to exterminate all the demons to protect her family, or started to develop a grudge for them since they kept killing her family and other people she cared about right? Nope. Progress on, more people die to demons or humans and she has the same optimistic mind-set from the very first chapter and now, the author decides to take the most horrible turn possible and make Emma's character want to be ''friends'' with the demons.

Emma is so naive & optimistic that it's completely sickening & unbelievable - she lives in a world where demons run rampant, dominant & in control of mostly everything whilst breeding humans in disgusting conditions for the sole purpose of consumption and yet she wants to be friends with all of them? What is wrong with this child!?

She even recognised that making a new promise is impossible, considering Demons biologically need humans to maintain their superior forms indefinitely and as such, conflict between both races will never come to an end, yet she still wants to be friends with them? It's so unbelievable I feel like Emma's character was written by a child.

When I was reading through the manga, I did have some belief that there could be ''potential peace'' between both races under the right conditions, but learning that one biologically needs the other to thrive completely halted this belief immediately since it essentially means that Demons will NEVER stop hunting humans and consuming them, it's the entire reason why they went ''Okay, we'll agree to the promise but only if we can breed humans in the farm for our consumption''

I see myself siding more with Norman & the Ratri clan in the mix of ''let's kill them all'' or ''let's befriend them all'' considering it's a physical impossibility for there to be peace between the two races when one is dependent on another as a source of food. In fact, I can see the reasoning behind the Ratri's belief of not allowing the cattle children to escape or break the promise, because THAT IS the best solution possible in a realistic context.

It's a physical impossibility for there to be peace between the two races, but it's also incredibly difficult for the Humans to eliminate the entire Demon Race, hence the promise being the best possible scenario since it has the most benefit & least consequences.

In the grand scheme of the series, objectively speaking, I support the Ratri clan in how they want to maintain the promise considering that is the best possible situation for both worlds, but at the same time, from the group's perspective (or more humans) I can definitely see myself wanting to eliminate all the Demons and DEFINITELY not try to befriend them when that's impossible.

TL.DR Emma's optimism disgust me, she has made no real development as a character in this series, is a completely unrealistic & unreasonable individual given the context of the series and needs to wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. In terms of where I stand, I support the Ratri clan in the grand scheme of things, but from the humans perspective I'm definitely with ''Norman''

deyna

Country
Malaysia
...which leads to my suspicion since two chapters ago that Norman actually knew the exact location of the shelter but decided to wait for the last minute. Though even if he did know, I have absolutely no idea why he had to delay the phone call. Him caring about Emma & co and Phil & co seems genuine this chapter.
Well, again this is just a speculation, but if it's true, it would be interesting to see how Oliver react to this action that resulted in the death of his father figure. Could lead to friction within the group.
since norman and his allies are near the enemy, they had to wait for the right moment to strike. they can't afford to make careless decisions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just caught up to the manga after watching the anime and I have to say I'm definitely enjoying the series as a whole but the ultimate sour note of the story comes down to the unrealistic optimism that many characters have, specifically Emma.

I can understand some individuals having characteristics which express the desire to avoid fighting or killing if possible, but the entire concept of pure optimism coming off of Emma is actually sickening to a fair degree. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fairly optimistic and peaceful person and could see myself choosing options of survival that stem from avoiding fighting & contact with demons and only fighting as a last resort for survival (this applies to enemy humans as well) but the entire fact that Emma has the same perception as she has in the current moment of the story as she did in the very first chapter, speaks volumes of how unrealistic & terrible her character is.
we have the same opinion, dude. i don't hate emma, i just hate how unrealistic her ideology is and how naive she is. i'm also kinda optimistic, but not all the time. there should be some limits to optimism. one can't just stay optimistic all the time.

She was raised on a farm & bred as produce for the highest ranked demons in the series and was forced to escape from Grace Field with only a handful of people (rather than everybody) and was under the ''impression'' that Norman was officially shipped out, killed & served as a special meal for the Demon King himself. Following onto this, you'd think her character would take a much more mature turn, perhaps dulling the optimism she holds but even then nothing changes, which is understandable to a fair degree considering she wanted to live in a way Norman would've wanted, but after she was tricked by Yuugo, taken to a hunting ground where she saw MULTIPLE PEOPLE DIE right in front of her to demons that were incredibly sadistic and wanted to consume her, you'd think some changed would finally happen, right? Maybe she'd become the equivalent of ''Eren'' - where she wanted to exterminate all the demons to protect her family, or started to develop a grudge for them since they kept killing her family and other people she cared about right? Nope. Progress on, more people die to demons or humans and she has the same optimistic mind-set from the very first chapter and now, the author decides to take the most horrible turn possible and make Emma's character want to be ''friends'' with the demons.

Emma is so naive & optimistic that it's completely sickening & unbelievable - she lives in a world where demons run rampant, dominant & in control of mostly everything whilst breeding humans in disgusting conditions for the sole purpose of consumption and yet she wants to be friends with all of them? What is wrong with this child!?
she feels and thinks that way mainly because of musica and song juu. they are the first demons who helped them when they first escaped from the farm. i also thought she might have some character developments after all this time experiencing deaths in front of her. she herself nearly died fighting lewis.

TL.DR Emma's optimism disgust me, she has made no real development as a character in this series, is a completely unrealistic & unreasonable individual given the context of the series and needs to wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. In terms of where I stand, I support the Ratri clan in the grand scheme of things, but from the humans perspective I'm definitely with ''Norman''
right. what emma wants is selfish on her part and may end up killing herself and her family later. just because song juu and musica are nice to them, doesn't mean the other demons will. that's why i want her to feed herself to the demons as a sacrifice for the other cattle children since she's not helping in any way here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)