1. New Week, New Contest!

Firstly, a new contest is up; for this week we have the Coloring contest, so be sure to get involved and showcase your skills in digital or hand coloring.

Secondly, voting for the Technologycontest is open, so be sure to vote for your favourite entry!
  2. Sign Up for the Scavenger Hunt is still open, so JOIN UP for fun hunting around the forum!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  5. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!
Get ready for the new Scavenger Hunt, sign-ups have already started, click HERE for more information.

Chapter Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 36 Discussion/ 37 Predictions *No Chapter Next Week*

Discussion in 'Yakusoku no Neverland' started by Belserion, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Belserion

Belserion Queen of Dragons

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    That teamwork is so good. And you can tell Ray is now realizing that he was wrong. While his intentions were good, if a little selfish, he's finally seeing what happens when you trust your friends. Those images of Norman next to him is a nice touch. Right in the feels really. And when he picked up the scared little girl, that ended me :zomg

So phase 1 complete. With the escape arc ending next chapter it's hard to tell if it means overall escape or just escaping Grace Fields and Isabella. I don't think they would show us all those demons/humans mobilizing for it to mean nothing :huh:

2. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
    Ray picking up that kid was so cute, I guess this is the beginning of his development.

3. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

India
    Ray has already passed from the stage of "Suicidal mentality" to live for the others.

A great character development no doubt.

4. Irina_mashiro_22

Irina_mashiro_22 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Fairy Tail
    they actually escape without a blood bath. yeah i know the ears..
    make me wonder if the pursuer will still go after them outside the plantation, if they did this is probably the beginning of Game of Tag... :hmm
    its look like they were just fooling around with some toys but in reality they actually preparing for their escape.. i got to say smart... even Isabella didn't notice... now the monsters probably waiting for nothing at the bridge...:teehee
    is it just me that i find Isabella adorable while running after the kids..:teehee :heh
    those are some freaking huge monster and also those humans probably grow up within the plantation..
    Ray's face is so priceless BTW...:cheez and him picking up the little girl is so adorable..

5. uberfayt

uberfayt Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Morocco
    I have mixed feelings about this chapter TBH...Part of me thinks it was a great one and is glad the kids managed to escape, so that now we may learn (through them) about the outside world. But the other part of me is kinda like "that's it ?? "...

Basically I'm having a hard time buying that there were no problems with the ropes for instance; Don hitting the tree with ropes on his first try...then the facts that there was zero friction between the rope and the clothes hanger, and that the slope of the rope being optimal felt kinda exagerated.

Also I understand this chapter was kind of centered around giving Ray a ray of hope in life (:heh), which was beautifully done by showing Norman on his side plus him carrying/saving the only "normal" little girl getting the expected reaction in such a situation. However I am not exactly fond of the fact the demons didn't reach them...I mean the kids did take their time escaping if we really think about it, and it's not like HQ is on the other side of the globe...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Vici

Vici Registered User

Poland
    Pretty good chapter I have to say

Things are going too smoothly for kids for my taste but maybe it's just an ending of current Arc and start of the another in which they luck will run out ( For all we know kids could jump from Wolf Den into Lion territory we don't know what will they meet outside of walls ).

I'm also fine with that it was all planned by Norman ( As @James Rye says everyone from the 3 would come up with that Idea if they would be given time to investigate like Norman did ) Still even if I was expecting some additions to the plan from either Emma or Ray that would improve the escape plan they time to shine will be now to secure survival in unknown situation...

Don and Gilda are silents heroes in this whole escape plan being successful for me... And it's show's that Norman and Emma choose to believe in them really pays off here ( My man Don you are not useless anymore :hip )

Ray getting character development it's nice and him helping that girl it's a nice picture..

7. WhitePhosphorus

WhitePhosphorus Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Romania
    I don't understand how anyone can complain Norman did everything and others didn't shine at all.

Ray has been operating behind the scenes to create an escape with what he had, and what he didn't have was the information about what's after the wall.

Ray worked 6 years to make one of the most crucial parts of the plan possible( the device rendering the transmitters useless, which would have been absolutely necessary had Krone didn't leave them the key to infirmary so they could cut their ears off safely, which instead worked as a good distraction, and the device still was very much needed for the updated plan of Emma).

Ray set the whole thing in motion by himself, went toe to toe with Mama at 6. Without him and his incredible memory and still needed premature deduction skills, Norman, Emma and everyone would've been doomed, the whole GFH would keep on like nothing has happened.

Ray was the start, Norman was the finish and Emma was the execution, is that hard to see?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Kalyra, Erinyes, Belserion and 5 others like this.
  8. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
  9. Buranchi

Buranchi Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    All the people saying it's a good chapter... Did you already read it? Is it already out? >_>

10. Linali

Linali Registered User

Poland
    Chapter 32 is my favourite so far, but honestly, late development is killing this love in me. Because except of increasing tension and Ray's character development, this chapter doesn't make sense. Why Ray was the only one, who didn't know anything about Norman's plan? Geez, he didn't even know, that younger children eavesdroped Krone. Sorry, but it doesn't make sense and in the end Ray was acting ooc and simply dumb for last few chapters. I also don't like the way authors executed the escape. The way they show it looks for me like main credit goes to Norman, while efforts of others are kinda overshadowed. And Norman appearing in Ray's imagination looks like a death flag for him imo.

But ok, nevermind, I'm glad they managed to escape without happy ending = without all children. Now I'm looking forward to see what's waiting for them in the free world. Are children heading to a certain location, or they'll be just wandering until they'll find a save place? Is there even save place to begin with? And will they all survive? I doubt. But I'm sure, that Emma will keep her promise and come back for her siblings and children from other plantations. That'll be interesting too.

And ofc, I'm waiting for demons' move. Isabella will be punished for this failure for sure, but I doubt she'll be killed. Younger children needs her, moreover, once she will shake off from the first shock, she can be an advisor for demons during their chase after children. No one knows Emma and others better than her after all, so I can see her still being a serious threat for kids, even from miles away.

MArGi, Erinyes, Gryffindor and 4 others like this.
  11. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
    Norman left Ray in the dark because he knew he was planning on killing himself, but what is weird for me is, why did Emma decide on keeping him in the dark as well since Norman didn't tell her about Ray's plans until late. It is still doesn't make sense to me, if it was Norman asked her not to, then she would have asked him why and then found out Ray's plans earlier, but Norman told her in the letter after he got shipped, so her distrust of Ray for me is really a plot hole...but I agree, the author exaggerated the whole Norman's keikaku in this chapter, I guess he's trying hard to make this character leave impact since he looks like he won't appear anytime soon.

12. Linali

Linali Registered User

Poland
    I agree; would Ray still try to commit suicide if he'd knew, that there's other plan? Plan that allow everyone to escape? Maybe he'd act totally different from what we saw in ch. 32. What if Emma was a second or two too late? They both could've burnt. It was very risky and unnecessary imho. But ok, let's just move on :)

Kadir0 and Belserion like this.
  13. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

Kenya
  14. Hayatempest

Hayatempest MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    I love Isabella and think she's one of the best female characters I have seen in a while, but man, did I love seeing her getting reckt in this chapter? I expected more action and maybe even tragedy, but their escape through the cliff instead of the bridge was unexpected and it worked, so I have no problem with this development. Can't wait to see where they'll end up next.

A.ulq, WithYouInSpirit, syx and 5 others like this.
  15. Ustegius

Ustegius A Viking God

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I didn't expect things to go that smoothly. :oh

I kinda expected at the end that Emma and maybe 1 or 2 other kids would be forcibly left behind, and would need to directly face Isabella and hide-and-seek their way in the institute, while Ray, unprepared and maybe not most suitable personality for the task, would need to take lead of the escape group and make their way to safety, shelter and food. But considering nothing seems to go one their way usually, this is kinda pleasant the the plan actually worked perfectly. (Not quite buying it, that Ray and Isabella both were completly unaware about it, but meh).

But now is really the crucial point for the future od this series. It had been all about escaping this far, and now they did. There is the hook of the kids left behind, which is great. But now the series has to proof, that it isn't really just a one-trick pony. It has to stay interesting. Now we can only wait and see what happens. Whats the world like. Are there other people? How will they survive? Will they be hunted? How will the interact with each other under stressfull situation? Way too often these kinda series that are based on mystery and shock twists, they fail to deliver further down the line, and get just repetitive and mysterious for the sake of being mysterious.

Also, Normans "ghost" made me think, that I'm pretty sure we will meet him again. He is not death, but he will be a different person the next time we meet him. I have gut feeling, that he is going to become an antagonist of some degree.

A.ulq, syx, Erinyes and 4 others like this.
  16. Gryffindor

Gryffindor Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Not much going on this chapter compared to others, but it was OK nonetheless.

Best part was easily(imo), the whole scene with Ray and Jemima. It feels much more realistic for the children to be scared in this situation even if the plan is coming along as expected, than to be calm and composed. Plus it was nice to see Ray act like a big brother:D, especially with the emphasis this chapter on how Ray thought it was impossible to save everyone.

The part with Ray and Norman was a nice touch and it’s good to see that Ray is building a strong sense of belief in their survival, though I hope he remains realistic with whatever trials lie ahead.

Looks like it won’t take Isabella too long to find the children, the hunters will probably arrive soon after(they have a pretty cool design btw), and then things will really get heated. Still banking on Norman to make a last-minute save.

uberfayt, Erinyes, Zirconium and 4 others like this.
  17. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
    Lol, man the chapter is always better than the spoilers, that actually turned out an amazing chapter.

18. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

Kenya
    [​IMG]
    And suddenly, Norman not saying anything to Ray as he was being shipped out makes SO MUCH SENSE in hindsight.
    This series is incredible.:blush:zomg
    Ray's character development though :hip:datassOriginally I thought that kid with problems crossing over was a sign that Mama would catch up soon, and the plan was falling apart, but Ray helping them out was really well done. The beautiful thing about this is that it doesn't feel forced even in the least bit. It all feels natural, and suddenly Ray being passive over the past few chapters feels as if it was building up to this. :super
    He finally became active :)
    Originally I thought the chapter was a snoozefest since the only noteable thing that happened was the escape, but this was a pretty sweet trade off. I can't shake the feeling that Norman is dead though :( In a way this chapter means Ray will carry on Norman's torch to the future.
    Also LMAO at Don's role :XD Dude is lowkey the MVP this chapter. That might the most practical and innovative thing I have seen in the escape plan so far haha.

syx, Zirconium, Erinyes and 3 others like this.
  19. Belserion

Belserion Queen of Dragons

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    This chapter shows just how alike Ray and Isabella are. At no time did Ray try to think outside the box. If I had to guess he was most likely an exact clone of Isabella.
    [​IMG]
    Not being able to change fate, giving up on the impossible, those are basically what Isabella did. And like her, she thought the kids would give up at seeing the cliff, and if not they would head for the bridge, which is what Ray expected too. She even managed to beat them there and was waiting patiently lol. The only difference is maybe Isabella didn't have an Emma or Norman. She didn't have that person to tell her it was ok to hope. In that regard she took the only route she thought would give her the best chance of survival, which we know is what she wants. To be the one to survive. I found it bittersweet that after everything Emma still found it in her heart to say a silent goodbye to Isabella. The others just turned and ran but she really is a very sweet girl.
    [​IMG]
    Even though this was somewhat a copy of Emma's ideals, I still loved that Ray came to this conclusion. It may not be possible and yes there might be even worse things to come in the future, but being on the same page with Emma will allow them to work better together in order to deal with whatever they're going to face within the next two years at least. I really liked how he didn't remain stubborn or tried to pick at the plan, or stand there looking lost. He adapted to the sudden change in the situation and acted accordingly. I really love Ray so this chapter was great for me especially in regards to him:zomg

I look forward to seeing how this arc wraps up in the next chapter because honestly it feels too soon. But maybe the "escape arc" will transition into the "survival arc" or something like that.

A.ulq, syx, Drmke and 7 others like this.
  20. Zehahaha

Zehahaha Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Morocco
    I am glad they didn't go down the bridge route scenario, because there is no way they would have survived that and it does not seem the manga is the one where characters will awaken super powers, so I am glad

Was very touching reading this chapter, I liked it

syx, Emperor Spriggan, Kadir0 and 3 others like this.