1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The 2018 Art Contest Year has finally begun!!

We're kicking off with Past & Present Photography. Showcase your photography skills!
  4. The MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2018 have entered its climax! Vote for your favorites now!
  5. MangaHelpers Oscars Contest 2018 is up and running! Select your winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 70 Discussion/71 Predictions

Discussion in 'Isabella's Chamber' started by Belserion, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Fuuforufu

Fuuforufu Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Mexico
    I dont know why i havent realized this earlier.....
    After reading the chapter and seing Lewis with that arm, i remembered seing a man with an animal before in the manga
    [​IMG]

Its just a funny resemble

Erinyes, Belserion and Arjuna like this.
  2. Cycnea

Cycnea Registered User

Imperium of Mankind
    I see. The black glove Baelish always wears was originally Lucas'. That explains why he wears it only on his right hand. How on earth did he managed to take that while he was desperately running for his life? :XD
    Oh, it means that it will be not only about their reunion but also their gloves' reunion :derp

Seeing Lucas' reaction (knowing that Baelish is still alive) makes me feel so relieved :zomg. He doesn't seem like having a resentment towards Baelish. I cleared him of suspicion, for now. But I can't shake off the feeling that Lewis actually knew that Lucas is alive.

Or maybe it requires this book the same way as when they open B06-32 shelter entrance. I wonder if Emma brings it in her backpack. If not, well, this arc probably will be longer than we think.

My thought exactly. Emma doesn't need to be 'saved' now (at least for that day). I thought that they will appear in a critical time, i.e in the next hunt when Emma is about to get killed. But if Emma is safe and sound then their rescue will give just a small impact (excluding Lucas' reunion with Baelish). So something unexpected is going to happen for sure. Now I'm worried about Ray and Baelish more than Emma.

3. Belserion

Belserion Queen of Dragons

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    I have to say I'm only slightly disappointed that Ray and Baelish are about to break into the hunting ground. I wanted Emma to be on her own a bit longer, learning from her new comrades. With this rivalry between her and Lewis I just feel that with Ray there it will cut the tension in half. I wanted savage Emma lol. But overall good chapter. Learning how Lucas survived and his resolve to help all those other kids despite his disability was touching. In the flashback he wanted Baelish to escape to the human world for all their sakes, but 13 years later is relieved that he's still alive and at B06-32? But then again the secret Minerva door was maybe a hint that his friend could go no further without whatever is in the room.

With that secret passage to the forest and the door of secrets, Lord Bayon seems a bit incompetent. Either that or overconfident. With good leadership and guidance those kids could have escaped already, especially if they weren't so focused on bringing down the playground. You'd think they do regular estate checks, make sure everything is in order.

I have a feeling Lucas will die. I can't see him running anywhere and being alive for 13 years right under his nose, I don't think Lewis will take too kindly to that. Despite his sense of "fair play" he does seem to have a certain arrogance in his skill. Better to think they escaped (although with those injuries I don't know how Lewis would even believe that) than to have him right there all this time.

4. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Kenya
    [​IMG]
    Did we ever find out who did this? The writing on Emma's arm I mean. With Lucas showing up of late, I guess that would point to him being the one who did it because of this panel:
    [​IMG]
    But why would this information be crucial to Emma? At least where she is currently? There's no way the pen is going to save her from the immediate danger of the demons creeping in all round them. More than that, how would Lucas even know Emma has a pen? He wouldn't know shes from Grace Field until she said anything (Baelish was told). So unless they were already planning for Emma being captured from the beginning, something doesn't add up here.
    Crackpot theory: Lucas and Baelish are working together with the demons as part of some deal to get Lucas freed from there. Something like what the Mamas do on the orphanage, but more messed up.

Erinyes likes this.
  5. Belserion

Belserion Queen of Dragons

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    I see what you're saying, but you have to remember Baelish had his own plans. He planned to kill Emma and return to the shelter. That doesn't exactly scream conspiracy. And as for the writing in her hand, I figured the girl that saved her was the one to write it. We don't know how long Emma was unconscious, the girl could have easily searched her and found the pen. From what the kids said, Lucas is pretty much in hiding and he seems to be crippled to a degree so unless they've worked out when the demons come to play, I don't see him taking random strolls outside tbh. Nothing Baelish has done points to any knowledge that Lucas is alive and since B06-32 is like a week away from Goldy Pond I don't see how or when they would work out this elaborate plan especially since Baelish was practically forced to take Ray and Emma there.

6. Emperor Spriggan

Kenya
    I thought about the girl, but why wouldn't the girl stay with her? After writing that? Because this panel is what follows after. Maybe the female Norman wanted to see if Emma would survive the first onslaught of demons before approaching her?:
    [​IMG]
    If female Norman was the one who wrote it and checked her body, why would she take Emma's weapons away? (She still had weapons on her when she was kidnapped, right?) My assumption was that the demons were the ones who took away the weapons, but then they found the pen and realized it was virtually useless, so they left it on her.
    Oh, the Lucas/Baelish conspiracy theory is my mind going wild with theories :XD In my mind it went like this:
    There was a fallacy in Lewis's story. What happened was that yes, all their friends died. And they were the only two left. But then they struck a deal with Lewis, where Baelish would be allowed to leave and go back to B-06-32. His job would be to bring any kids who showed up there and lead them to A-08-63. While Lucas would train any kids who showed up at the plantation and prepare them to face Lewis and the other demons. Lucas gets to stay alive and not get hunted down, eventually managing to get released and reunited with Baelish.
    Yeah...I have an overactive imagination -_-;

7. Cycnea

Cycnea Registered User

Imperium of Mankind
    I think of it this way;
    - First, Violet (was it her name?) found Emma unconscious.
    - She thought that Emma isn't regular Great Valley kids, based on her appearance.
    - She searched her, found the pen.
    - "Wha- this pen looks like Lucas-san's pen, could it be ...?" or something like that.
    - But she wasn't completely sure about the pen, nor she knew how to use it. So she wrote the "use your pen" thing and left Emma, waiting for her to wake up to see her reaction.
    - When Emma woke up and walked around, Violet was still hiding, but soon after Emma checked her location using the pen, Violet finally knew that it's the same pen as Lucas' and that Emma is in the same boat with him, so she approached her and explained the situation.
    So my guess is that Violet couldn't stay with Emma because she wasn't certain that Emma is "special", yet. She couldn't risk spilling the beans about Lucas to a wrong person. That's why she did the writing.
    By the way, according to Emma here, her gun was still with her.

Edit: Uhm, keep in mind that my thoughts are under the assumption that Lucas and his squad are innocent. I still want to believe in them :tem

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Erinyes, Elusia, uberfayt and 3 others like this.
  8. Emperor Spriggan

Kenya
    Yeah, this is how I see it happening as well. I was operating under the impression that this whole time Emma had her weapons confiscated from her from the moment she was kidnapped from the forest, but that panel you posted just made me realize that she still had her gun. Not to mention her hurling that axe earlier also made me think that she was practically unarmed and the axe was just something she found lying around.
    About Lucas, I'm not about to let him off the hook yet :hmph But so far all the evidence is pointing towards him being a good guy, so this could have a happy ending after all ;)

Erinyes and Cycnea like this.
  9. uberfayt

uberfayt Registered User

Morocco
    Yeah the book could be needed again, but I don't think Emma has it with her. if it's really needed then i could see the authors going with the "Emma has memorized it's contents" kind of scenario.
    The reason why i believe there could more than one pen involved is that Minerva may have expected many groups of escapees to gather in the shelter, and so they would bring multiple pens when heading for Goldy pond next...it relies heavily on luck, I know, but that's how it was with getting the pen in the first place ^^

Btw I'm quite confused about Goldy pond's structure now; it is said to be underground, yet we've been shown a sky (when Emma was exploring the facility for the 1st time) and even a breeze...could it be that it's actually surrounded by the thick forest and lake water, while it's entrance lies underground?

Erinyes likes this.
  10. deyna

deyna Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Malaysia
    we will see its structure when ray and baelish explore the place towards the path baelish took before to escape.