Shounen - Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope Momma survives, she's also a prisoner..... but she's also kinda hot.

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
So her name is Isabella. And there's apparently some ranking system to the farms; Mama's has a good reputation. Which means she's either getting rewarded or is starting some vive la resistance that relies on her farm being seen as great so as not to arouse suspicion. I don't know, I still don't know what Mama's motives are.

Also, it seems Krone and Mama both come from the same place as Emma and the others. I wonder why there's no Papa's? I get the sinking suspicion that only female children who are seen as exceptional get to become Mama's, while the rest become helpers or breeders (a sort of eugenics thing to create even better meat). You need a lot of women to start a farm, but only a couple of 'studs' so to speak.

BTW: In-between all the people calling Krone "Mike Tyson" (even though she looks to be only a bit taller than mama, and with bigger boobs) and how mama treats her, I'm getting unfair racism vibes. I like Krone so far though, I feel she has spunk.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Love the cover page and the reference of the spider's thread myth, yeah it's definitely a thread above the glass :zomg

Also can't help but think there's something about don and gilda, either seems they know something or suspect something or i don't know but since last chap theres something strange about them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Spoilers chapters 7 : https://www.spoiler.net/spoiler/7z.1-the-promised-neverland-chapter-7
also some Japanese spoilers are available here and seems things are getting really interesting considering Krone is...
got it ?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Love the cover page and the reference of the spider's thread myth, yeah it's definitely a thread above the glass :zomg

Also can't help but think there's something about don and gilda, either seems they know something or suspect something or i don't know but since last chap theres something strange about them.
Spoilers chapters 7 : https://www.spoiler.net/spoiler/7z.1-the-promised-neverland-chapter-7
also some Japanese spoilers are available here and seems things are getting really interesting considering Krone is...
got it ?

Omg I totally forgot to read chapter 6 :gwah
I've been way too busy this week

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Omg I totally forgot to read chapter 6 :gwah
I've been way too busy this week
Time to read quickly... you don't wanna miss the excitement. :teehee

Oh dear... I just realised that I didn't comment on the last chapter when it came out.

Anyway, Chapter 7 looks promising. What is Sister Krone plotting and against Mama? Oh boy, she's murdering her! :eek: Good to know that Emma has found out where the transmitter is. But it's located in a place where it is hard to find. How do the kids remove it? On 17th October, is Mama contacting the demons or somebody else?

It seems like there is an unexpected plot twist going here in the farm. :gwah

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Hi everyone :D

The new chapter is out : http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/007/3682/1 :D

Things are getting even more interesting and we learn new things with this chapter and I enjoyed it ^^

Thanks! I saw that it was out.

The first page is already looking very promising with the little babies sleeping in their crib. Indeed, lots of information are revealed. Seems like a journey planner that the author is organising. :^_^

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
To summarize very quicky my theory : all seems to be related to vine/grape harvest metaphor & imagery, (see pic chapter 6 ) so seems they're wine-grower to the demons perspective. My point is that's may symbolyse or relates to Dionysus (Bacchus), and the festival may be something related to his cult (see Greec & Roman mythology) if i remember it's a kind of sacrificial ceremony or something like. need to check this back.
Also the flower, could be a kind of thyrsus, maybe.
Quoting wiki
"In Greek religion, the staff was carried by the votaries of Dionysus. Euripides wrote that honey dripped from the thyrsos staves that the Bacchic maenads carried.[4] The thyrsus was a sacred instrument at religious rituals and fêtes.
The fabulous history of Bacchus relates that he converted the thyrsi carried by himself and his followers into dangerous weapons, by concealing an iron point in the head of leaves.[5] Hence his thyrsus is called "a spear enveloped in vine-leaves",[6] and its point was thought to incite to madness."

Also wondering if the name which seems blurred (well i just see what i want to see as as usual but I m stubborn :hmph ) is not to be a part of Dionysus name in Greek Βάκχος or could be maybe a kind of bull's ideograph (bull, thirsus, & ivies are part of Bacchus/Dionysus symbolism), maybe, I may be wrong ofc I m just speculating.
Or could be something related to Cyclops too, maybe, but to me it definitely has some Antiquity mythology vibes anyway.

Spoilers chapter 8
source : http://chomanga.com/archives/49605003.html

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
To summarize very quicky my theory : all seems to be related to vine/grape harvest metaphor & imagery, (see pic chapter 6 ) so seems they're wine-grower to the demons perspective. My point is that's may symbolyse or relates to Dionysos (Bacchus), and the festival may be something related to his cult (see Greec & Roman mythology) if i remember it's a kind of sacrificial ceremony or something like. need to check this back.
Also the flower, could be a kind of thyrsus, maybe.
Quoting wiki

Also wondering if the name which seems blurred (well i just see what i want to see as as usual but I m stubborn :hmph ) is not to be a part of Dionysos name in Greek Βάκχος (maybe , I may be wrong ofc I m just speculating).
Or could be something related to Cyclops too, maybe, but to me it definitely has some Antiquity mythology vibes anyway.
Spoilers chapter 8
source : http://chomanga.com/archives/49605003.html

Krone isn't actually as scary as I thought she'd be, but to the kids she must be a demon :O

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Krone isn't actually as scary as I thought she'd be, but to the kids she must be a demon :O
I wonder if our Mama will ever be drawn like Krone. I hope so. I wanna see murder in her eyes when the kids eventually get her

or maybe not

The more I read, the more impossible it seems that these children are making it out of this alive. No freakin' way. No amount of running is going to save them, especially if there are a lot of demons. What about the babies, like Carol? They can't run. And having to carry them will slow them down. So no. The running game was clever, for a twelve year old. But they are up against a genius who is on a deadline.

Maybe the editors have looked at SNK's sales and have been like, "y'know whats selling with the kids these days? depression. Just kill everyone, you'll be as big as SNK!" Maybe none of the kids will make it and Emma will become the new mama. And we'll just have a revolving door series where each arc is a new kid trying to escape from the new mama. That would be...lit.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wonder if our Mama will ever be drawn like Krone. I hope so. I wanna see murder in her eyes when the kids eventually get her

or maybe not

The more I read, the more impossible it seems that these children are making it out of this alive. No freakin' way. No amount of running is going to save them, especially if there are a lot of demons. What about the babies, like Carol? They can't run. And having to carry them will slow them down. So no. The running game was clever, for a twelve year old. But they are up against a genius who is on a deadline.

Maybe the editors have looked at SNK's sales and have been like, "y'know whats selling with the kids these days? depression. Just kill everyone, you'll be as big as SNK!" Maybe none of the kids will make it and Emma will become the new mama. And we'll just have a revolving door series where each arc is a new kid trying to escape from the new mama. That would be...lit.
SnK is dark, but it's got nothing on Tokyo Ghoul, and then Berserk beyond that :nah
But I can see a few of them making it out alive

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
SnK is dark, but it's got nothing on Tokyo Ghoul, and then Berserk beyond that :nah
Nothing, absolutely nothing, escapes the black hole of despair that is Berserk haha.

I'm half and half. Since (I guess) this is shonen, my best bet is they make it out, we get some kind of fake-out where it looks like Emma as died, but it turns out she has demon powers. And then they all get demon powers. That would be the very shonen cliche that I hope doesn't happen.

It really depends on the demons. If there are a lot of demons, then there's no freaking way they are getting out. If there are only a few of them, and it turns out humans don't even know about these farms, then I can see them being able to not just make it off the farm, but survive long enough to get help.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Snk is still a shonen while TG & Berserk are seinen. :hee

Spoilers chapter 9 out source here& likely 2ch

制限時間は20分、クローネと子供たちの鬼ごっこが始まる
足あとのトラップを見つけたクローネはここの子供がみな優秀であることに気付く
なぜか発信器を使わずに子供たちを探し出すクローネ
落ち葉にハートや星形の穴をあけ年少のこどもが興味を持つような仕掛けをつくり
子供たちを一か所に誘導するクローネ
化物じみた体力も相まって次々に子供たちを捕まえていく
両脇に年少の子を抱えたエマにクローネが迫る
子供を二人抱えた状態で逃げ切るのは難しくあっさり捕まってしまう
残ったノーマンとレイのうち先にノーマンを捕まえようとするクローネ
だがいくら追いかけてもノーマンを捕まえる事が出来ない
クローネの背後からレイが現れるレイ
制限時間の20分をオーバーしており自分たちの勝利を宣言する

今回のシスターならば背後から殺せることを確信するノーマンとレイ

次週脱獄編Cカラー

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Ch.9 is out in Eng on Mangastream.....Dope chapter can't say I didn't enjoy it....I personally started to think the manga was moving to slow around Ch.6, buts it's picked up since then....

This chapter was Kool. I'm glad the kids managed to do what they did, gives us some type of hope for them....& The ending was an eye opener......Watching Chibi Reviews he mentioned Pre Ch.9 that escaping the way they intended to or plan is impossible. & that killing Mom & the other caretaker is their only option! But Wow! Damn I never thought the kids would come to such a conclusion to quickly by themselves

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wow a cool chapter this week. Did Isabella tell Krone about all of the children's weaknesses, or did she figure them out on her own? If that's the case, then it won't be such an easy task as Norman thinks it will be. "The GHC Escape Arc" is up next, so it looks like the Author is already putting his world into perspective for the future. Apparently this series is doing insanely well so far, so what can we do to attract more members to this thread? :hmm

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Wow a cool chapter this week. Did Isabella tell Krone about all of the children's weaknesses, or did she figure them out on her own? If that's the case, then it won't be such an easy task as Norman thinks it will be. "The GHC Escape Arc" is up next, so it looks like the Author is already putting his world into perspective for the future. Apparently this series is doing insanely well so far, so what can we do to attract more members to this thread? :hmm

I agree with you. The story is progressing pretty well and this is a new series. Not many people have noticed it or those who did, it may not be the story they like. Perhaps one way to attract people's attention is to advertise, say in the signature. Or if you happen to speak to people, introduce the story to them. We can also wait and let time does its work. The series is scanlated by MS and many people do read manga that are scanlated by them. We do hope they may get curious and start to read, and maybe it will take off from there.

As for Chapter 9, I'm shocked that Krone is so ambitious that she wants to take over Isabella's position and she even think of playing tag with the kids to test their "escape" ability. This is a very good strategy. But at the same time, she is exposing her weaknesses which the smart kids find out after the game.

I'm not sure how to make out of the children that they even mention about killing Krone, or both Sisters. However it seems to be one of the ways, if not the only way in order to escape from this farm. I believe this tag game has really helped them in the long run as they plan for their escape. I suspect the demons outside or the Sisters' higher up may eventually get to know about the "secret" that Isabella is hiding. If so, will she get prosecuted? What about Krone? If she is planning to take over Isabella, will both of them get into conflict? Perhaps to the point of opposing and killing each other? :hmm

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I've been following the series so far and I think it's pretty interesting, for now. I hope they won't go full shonen eventually, because it has potential.

I laugh a bit every time Sister Krone is depicted because of how caricatural her design is, but other than that which isn't really a flaw, I've had one major gripe with the premise: the kids know too much. Why would they be taught about long-range means of communication such as radios and televisions if the point of their existence is to be kept in a cage? Why do they even know what a transmitter is? You wouldn't need to teach them about those things to make them smart. On the contrary, you'd think you wouldn't want to tell them about the existence of transmitters because they're so smart. You'd want to keep them from getting the means to figure you out and even be able to escape.

So either there's a reason for that, meaning that someone - possibly Isabella herself - actually wants the children to escape, or I'd consider that a plot hole. Apart from that, I'm liking the story and I'm curious to see how the escape will go. Also, seeing how strong and tireless Krone is, I wondered if the other farms have different specializations. The kids from Isabella's farm are very intelligent, maybe the ones from where Krone comes from are more physically developed? I'm pretty sure we'll get to see people from other farms sooner or later.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Last edited:

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Spoilers chap 10 : https://www.spoiler.net/spoiler/90.1-the-promised-neverland-chapter-10 and Japanese summary available here
Seems they' re...

... suspecting there's a betrayer/an informer among the children, possibly Don or Gilda, which would be a very smart move from mama.

Its probably glasses-chan. I never liked the vibe from her in the first place.

These poor kids. First the transmitters, then Krone (who has her own agenda) now some traitors. Oh and they have to try and save a bunch of babies who can barely walk. Who will probably all be crying during the escape. At first I was more on Emma's side but now, I think they should just kill Mama. Shes just going to keep outsmarting them.