Voting Round 1 - Yami Sukehiro vs. Luck Voltia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Yami Sukehiro vs. Luck Voltia

Who wins?

• Yami Sukehiro

• Luck Voltia

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Sorry Luck... Yami is winning by far this time around...

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On to the next round

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
While Luck has both really impressive speed and durability, Yami's dark(gravity) magic would make his speed moot if he tried to get close, and Yami's slashes have been shown impressive enough to cut through opponents much more durable then Luck has ever been shown to be. Add in Yami's ability to read ki and react to his opponent before they make their move, and the range of his attacks, and he'll be able to take Luck down before Luck could really get going.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well, does it really need to be said?

Yami of course.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, Yami gonna be pissed we interrupted an historic dump just to face Luck. Replace Asta's head here with Luck's

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
No contest. Yami walks out of this as the Winner.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Voting Luck since all of you are heartless and have no understanding of the word empathy :noworry

You think Yami will stand for having everyone vote him? He asked Asta to help him out vs Dante, he sure enough will want his lovely guild mate to make it past this round in his place :hmph

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Voting Luck since all of you are heartless and have no understanding of the word empathy :noworry

You think Yami will stand for having everyone vote him? He asked Asta to help him out vs Dante, he sure enough will want his lovely guild mate to make it past this round in his place :hmph
Yami would tell Luck to surpass his limits... but he would also surpass them himself. There's no beating Yami. :noworry

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Yami would tell Luck to surpass his limits... but he would also surpass them himself. There's no beating Yami. :noworry
Luck would ask Yami if he has ever been kicked at the speed of light :heh

And then Yami would get overconfident, and say nothing escapes his darkness.

I'm sure I don't need to spell out who wins now :fan

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Luck would ask Yami if he has ever been kicked at the speed of light :heh

And then Yami would get overconfident, and say nothing escapes his darkness.

I'm sure I don't need to spell out who wins now :fan
Luck's a speedster but his powers remind me more of this scene for his match with Yami. :catshrug

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Luck's a speedster but his powers remind me more of this scene for his match with Yami. :catshrug

ACCCCHHHH :XD
I WAS REALLY HOPING YOU WOULDN'T POINT THAT OUT LOL

I doubt Yami's powers would work on Luck though :heh He can absorb light, but can he absorb lightning? :kukuku

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
ACCCCHHHH :XD
I WAS REALLY HOPING YOU WOULDN'T POINT THAT OUT LOL

I doubt Yami's powers would work on Luck though :heh He can absorb light, but can he absorb lightning? :kukuku
I'll try to analyze the matchup seriously. :XD

Yami would be a bit limited against Luck in the sense that he should restrain most of his moves like the Avidya Slash and the Dimension Slash, because he must defeat Luck without cutting the poor boy him in half. :noworry The fact that most of Yami's attacks are lethal plays against him here.

Luck's faster than Yami, but Yami's ki allows him to fight faster opponents by predicting them. Arguably Patri's light magic was faster than Luck and Yami had no trouble dealing with barrage attacks of light.

I don't know if we should take into account Yami's and Luck's most recent techniques like Mana Zone but even without that I think Yami can absorb Luck's long-range lightning because his black hole could absorb Langris' spatial magic. :grumble So I think Luck's only chance to at least give Yami a shock would be to manage to grab him, but close range is where Yami is most dangerous, just by his swordsmanship, ki and body reinforcement magic. I could see Luck managing to give him that one shock but being instantly downed at the same time by Yami.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Arguably Patri's light magic was faster than Luck and Yami had no trouble dealing with barrage attacks of light.
Ah, this is a sound argument. I think from what we have seen so far, Patri is the fastest character in the series. And really, Luck barely gets feats ever since the first arc.

I could see Luck managing to give him that one shock but being instantly downed at the same time by Yami.
My imagination was several shocks, like, he darts around Yami for a while? Though as the fight goes on, Yami gets more and more aware of Luck and manages to eventually catch up.

Still, I voted Luck out of empathy :p
But your post was very good, I endorse it :verily

Status
Not open for further replies.