1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

7. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  8. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Your favorite love story/pairing

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Notice me Escanor senpai, Feb 16, 2015.

?

What is your favorite love story in NnT?

1. Mel x Elizabeth

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Ban x Elaine

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. King x Diane

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Margaret x Gilthunder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nadja x Gowther

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Ban x Jericho

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Diane x Hauser

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Escanor x Merlin

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Gloxinia x Gerharde

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Derieri x Monspiet

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  11. Other

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    Is that Escanossa or Estaror?

2. kiriya

kiriya MH Senpai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Australia
    If you really want it I can add it? I originally was just going to add canon pairings, but hey, if enough people want it... :P

I've seen 'Escarossa' used the most.

3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I know this will never happen but I really like Mel x Merlin.

It's more the execution that I don't like. And I find Mel fine if you exclude the fact that his always harasses her, lot of tings which were annoying me are related to Elizabeth, but things are better now.

4. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    I find it kinda sad that all the Sins except King have more than one person vying for their affection. Escanor as well, but you can't tell me that when the Sun is up, he ain't making panties drop across Britania.

SGtheking876 likes this.
  5. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    He's a monster in everyone else's eyes, so I highly doubt it.

6. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Not this version (this one should be every girl's dream )[​IMG]

7. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Gowther and Merlin as well.

Meliodas: Zaneli.
    Diane: Howzer.
    Ban: Jericho(not anymore).
    King: No one(Diane only).
    Gowther: No one(Guila dumped him).
    Merlin: No one(Escanor is the only one).
    Escanor: No one.

King is certain to end with Diane so he is rather lucky, as for Gowther, Merlin and Escanor, maybe there will be more reveals since their past have not been revealed. Like Rosa for Escanor or something, Nakaba really likes pairing with much younger people with older ones so it would not surprise me at all.

I find it really weird TBH. His kingdom found him scary because of is different appearance, but if you don't know him why would you even be afraid? In his younger days especially. Maybe his Sunshine has a wicked aura similar to the PoD. There is the height and heat issue but he doesn't reach Giant size or burn everything immediately.

8. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

Mangahelper

United States
    I do believe Nakaba has mentioned, either in story or out of story, that Merlin is desired by a lot of men in Liones. Plus we know she was in love once upon a time.

Gowther has Slader and I wouldn't count Guila out of the running for him either.

9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Well, it would be quite ridiculous for someone like Merlin to be unpopular, but among the named characters there is no one besides Escanor.

Slader? :XD Yes he is interested in him like that but in his case it appears to be more lust than love. It's a guy who has countless boyfriends, he was with one of them when the Sins came to rescue Elizabeth. And despite his attraction to him he still wanted to kill him and attempted to do so without hesitation. I am not totally excluding Guila, but she did dump him and is looking for someone she really loves him according to the Fanbook. She might fall for Selfless Gowther in the future but she doesn't love the current Gowther.

10. AiNana

AiNana Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Belgium
    I'm rooting for Gloxinia and Gerharde. :cuddle
    The thing is... Gerharde's around 4000 years old, which means she probably drinks from the fountain of youth to still advise the future fairy kings.
    But, what if she knew Gloxinia was still alive but didn't dare to unseal the demon clan? Though doubtfull, she was quite shocked to hear his voice again and cries.
    Also the pairing is from the same clan which is more logical to me. I can't see the forming of a family between different races. Still finding cute and amazing though if it's possible in that world.:x3

11. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Diane talked about marriage and children before and there is Matrona who wants children with Zarpa so it must be possible.

12. Marco Polo

Marco Polo Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United Kingdom
    Merlin x Marco Polo

I honestly don't know, I quite like the pairings as a whole
    Meliodas and Elizabeth probably have the most moments that hit me in the feels but that's to be expected tbh

Unpopular opinion, I prefer Ban x Jericho to Ban x Elaine, that's the one pairing that I just find super annoying for whatever reason

13. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Not really a pairing other than in a purely platonic sense but Dolor and Gloxinia have a level of broship that easily rivals Ban and Mel or Dreyfus and Hendy.

14. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

Mangahelper

United States
    Glox and Dolor and King and Ban are my favorite Bro Combos.

15. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Since I'm a massive fan of Jericho X Guila happening. Found this wonderful post by ladyjericho that gives me hope that Nakba is going that way with them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Heh, I never considered that. I find a lot of things are exaggerated but overall it makes sense. I assumed that Gowther and Jericho were together because Gowther wanted to get a heart and learns about love while Jericho wanted Ban's love. Considering her scenes with the evil Elaine and what she said about him while they were traveling, it's hard to think about it as sexual attraction only. It's also written in the fan book that she is looking for another man. Though it's the same for Guila(no mention of gender this time), maybe that's a hint regarding their relationship?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    kris and Aloy like this.
  17. kris

kris Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    (I can't believe someone shared my post... And thanks so much for reading it. I'm flattered you think it makes some sense. Sorry for the long reply, I just enjoy theorizing with people about this stuff.)

I thought the same, but after re-reading, I noted that Gowther's curiosity was no longer romance-based, he was just seeking a heart to feel in general (remorse, specifically); and Jericho had let Ban go by then (she never mentioned her feelings after she saved Ban & Elaine, started referring to him as a friend/comrade, etc.) So, I think their choice as partners definitely had to do with Guila, since she was the first thing they talked about when they were paired.

Despite what I said in the post, I also have trouble seeing Jericho's interest in Ban as lust. I'm still unsure of it, even though Jericho said so/confirmed it herself. But, her demeanor towards Ban was sudden, exaggerated, & impulsive... there was a hard emphasis on how little she knew of him... maybe it was intentional? She never gave justification for her "love" other than that he saved her life/was a nice dude, & she owed him. Despite proclaiming no one could love him as much as her, she moved on without a problem, & started advocating for Ban/Elaine's relationship. It's interesting to think about. I wanna see where it's going, since she's dreaming of a new love... even if she's dreaming of a man. And yes, I really agree that Guila's entry in the fanbook is suspicious.

Gallon, Aloy and Demonspeed like this.
  18. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

Mangahelper

United States
    Is the Glox and Gerhard ship sunk...or has it just sailed new waters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

Gallon likes this.
  19. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I wanted to remove it, but judging by how much people love wincest... I mean, what the heck? 2 people have voted for that ship after the revelation that they're siblings.

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    They are Fairies, human rules don't apply to them :heh. We don't even know the details of a Fairy birth, even their concept of family is weird.

I was shipping it before but I don't know now, I have no reason not to ship it at least. It is at least very clear that she was the one Gloxinia loved the most and there is that dance thing, their relationship might have been incestuous but if it's not Nakaba trolled us.

It's not sunk IMO.