We will show them all | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

We will show them all

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
LADY MAGI

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Say @Purity of Magi, why didn't you pick the Bernkastel track and chose the Dlanor one? Currently listening to "The Executioner" and was wondering about that lol

Also, I don't like how you ignore my Umineko post, I really don't =3=
Oh, why? Simple. Because I was making a rough headshot sketch of Dlanor on that very moment while listening that OST to get inspiration to make her lol. Just as I said before, I kinda felt Dlanor on that moment so I had to include that one instead. xD

Good! Then I will keep ignoring it more. =3=/

LADY MAGI
WHAT IS IT THIS TIME SIR LAWLETT?!

Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Haha, I don't really know where to start or what to mention. After reading approx. 70 chapters in one go with each chapter containing at least 40 pages, it's difficult to summarize anything.

First of all, Pandora Hearts was a pure bliss. It's definitely a series I would instantly recommend to anyone who is into adventure, mysteries/mindfuck and feels. In order to put it into perspective just how much I liked it, I looked into my manga list and all I can say is that there are probably not more than five series which I would deem - slightly - better than Pandora Hearts.

One of the things which fascinated me about Pandora Hearts is that it didn't feel like a story about just Oz. It's shocking how well the author connected so many characters - compared to other series - to the core of this story. Oz, Alice, Break, Gilbert, Vincent, Jack and the Glens. Each of them with their own well-written storyline and - in some cases twisted - drive. Can you believe that I even felt sorry for Vincent? The author played with him in such a cruel way, how can Vincent not turn into this crazy kind of character?

Another strong point of this series are all the twists, mindfucks and mysteries. The shocking truth about Jack, Glen and the tragedy of Sablier, Break's unfortunate story and true goal, Elliot being the person who killed most of his family members, Levi impregnating Lacie who later gives birth to the Alice twins, Oz being the actual B-Rabbit and not really a human being in the first place, Leo becoming a Glen, the truth about Noise and Echo, Rufus pulling L-level mindgames, Gilbert being Glen's servant back then, okay where should I stop? And none of these twists or revelations felt like bullshit or asspulls (except for March Hare, lel), everything was firmly tied together. Well, maybe if I had read the series at a slower pace and thought about the events more, I might have found things which I would have complained about, but even then I'm sure it would be negligible.

I honestly feared the worst when the Jurors - who exceed the world of Pandora Hearts - were introduced. In my opinion, many series make the - big - mistake to extend the world to such a degree that it only leads to the downfall of the series itself. That's just not necessary, at least not for me. So, I was really relieved that the story didn't go beyond the established world, even though we were told that there indeed exists a world beyond. Kudos to the author for not risking to ruin the story and keeping everything above the world of Pandora Hearts a mystery.

What didn't I like? Now, I will complain on a very high level. First, the fights weren't that great, even though there was a lot of potential with all the chains and weapons. The fights always lacked something, and no, I'm not asking for extremely flashy fights like in Naruto. Another point would be the character Jack himself. A truly miserable and pathetic character, and as it befits such a character, his motivation made me shake my head in disbelief even considering his past. For a character who was responsible for the biggest mystery and tragedy in this story, I honestly hoped that there was more than just "Lacie" which drove him to do these things. I think Vincent was a much better written antagonist. But gosh, how Jack deceived everyone in the story, and even me!!! I thought this guy is a true hero... the Minato Namikaze of Pandora Hearts... smh... Those obsessions of some characters in general weren't my cup of tea, at least not to this degree like Gilbert towards Oz (not even Alice was obsessed/clingy as Gilbert), Vincent towards Gilbert and as I mentioned Jack towards Lacie. I can't think of anything else which bugged me.

The cast was great, do I even need to name the characters? Oz, Alice, Echo, Oscar, Gilbert, Sheryl, Sharon, Reim, Rufus, Vincent, Leo, and of course my favorite two Break and Elliot. I think it was in the last page of Break's death where the author wrote something along the lines like "words are not enough to tell Break's tale", truer words have never been spoken! It was such a wonderful, yet funny but deep lecture from the author that changing the past doesn't always bring the desired result. Break probably had the most beautiful storyline in Pandora Hearts. He was charismatic, funny, strong, suffered so much, went through so much, but he still stood up every time and moved forward. Without an eye... without both eyes, always on the verge of death. And he almost made it, almost... but the author rather preferred to torture my heart. Such brilliant characterization. I mean, I saw Break's death coming and I knew I would be never prepared for it, that much I was certain of. But dear god, when Break said that he doesn't want to die, that was the moment I threw my tablet beside me, placed my hands on my face and tried to exhale all those heavy feels in my stomach away... to no avail. Yeah, he earned a well deserved spot among my favorite characters. Then there is Elliot who is by no means inferior to Break in my opinion. The beauty of this character stems from the combination of his personality, development, ignorance and the most tragic death in this series. He left us way too early. I started to like him ever since his first appearance. Nothing went the way he wanted, but instead of becoming an unbearable emo, he rather had this proud "meh whatever, I will press on!" mentality. I loved the dynamics between him and Leo, especially the way they got to know each other, because I saw little of myself in Elliot when he refused to take your run of the mill servant, but instead was looking for someone who just treats him in an honest away. Like Elliot said, a friend and equal. Not someone who is sugarcoating everything for him or who has ulterior motives. What I also won't ever forget is the scene where Elliot rejected the handshake of Zai and told him "that hand should be offered to your son, not to a Nightray like myself.", gosh... that burn would have even vaporized Escanor in his the One mode. Not to mention his development when he put aside his prejudices and decided to judge everything for himself rather than believing what others tell. Everything about Elliot was a masterpiece. The twist/truth about him just put the cherry on the cake. He had to stomach so many brutal truths in his final moments, it's unbelievable that the author made him commit suicide and die alone. The pages where he rejected his chain and the cover page where we only see the hilt of his sword on the ground covered in his blood will be one of the most memorable manga scenes in my life. You can complain about that he died too early, that he deserved a death by the side of the people precious to him, that he deserved a shining moment in the final arc, but then he probably wouldn't be the awesome tragic character he is now.

I think it's good to end my post after dedicating a few words to my favorite characters. You can't talk enough about Pandora Hearts.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Well not to misunderstand, I'm not particularly hyped about the english dub (though it did sound surprisingly good in my eyes). What I'm hyped about is the Kickstarter, meaning we will likely get a limited special edition and other merchandise while supporting this new release. Most likely the version with the new content from Ryukishi included, and perhaps there are some great stretch goals on the horizon as well. Not to mention getting the PS3 effects into the game officially (like moving rain, lip synchro, etc.), there's quite a bit to look forward to as an Umineko fan :wtf Really looking forward to what this KS will offer and to how much they can gather from the fans (bc I feel the fanbase is rather small, but dedicated).

The english OP is amazing, I agree. They actually hired a rather famous girl who covers a lot of japanese tracks, called AmaLee. No idea if you know her, but it was a nice surprise to see her being hired for this. Hopefully there will be a full version too :nod but to avoid misunderstandings, that video was a preview of the audiobook they will create (yes, apparently they want to make audiobooks out of the dub too, but not sure if they will really cover the whole VN lol, bc that's massive), not of the new Umineko Gold Edition VN. We don't really know anything besides that it will officially get the PS3 graphic and voices (japanese), but that's pretty nice already.

And lmao I wondered what's up with the lips in that scene too, no clue :XD I hope that's supposed to be a joke or eyecatcher or whatever, bc I really don't know why they would give her weird big lips like that...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hello

Ah yes, I saw that like hours later after I replied to your message (pretty much when I was home xD) about the kickstarter and the new content it might include and all, which is actually freaking awesome af. To be honest, if they already put that much energy and hours in this, that really does say something about the fanbase. To be honest Niichan, I think there are much more fans out there then we actually might know. Maybe we think it's quite small but maybe it's bigger then we expected? I mean, it certainly does grow more and more. Honestly even on twitter I discovered some artists that I wasn't even aware that they knew the series till I saw some Umineko fanarts from them and that's pretty cool tho.

Ah yes, I know AmaLee. She was one of my favorite English singers that covers Japanese tracks. By the way, you prolly won't remember this but I dunno which thread it was again... it was a thread with ''favorite Japanese songs'' iiirc and there I included one of AmaLee songs in there (which you liked my post about it) of the Mirai Nikki song or it was the Madoka Magica song? Well it was one of the two as far as I can remember but then I am talking like 2/3 years ago lol. xD

But good god, I am glad that she did this cover for Umineko tho. It makes me wonder if she will even do the VN OP's too indeed LOL. That would be hella awesome and quite some work lmao. Okay, I am now getting a bit hyped again and I am now looking forward to this lmao.

AND LMAO. DAT IMAGE. I saw more memes on Tumblr about this '"Beato Lips''. I hope it's indeed a joke that they added because... no... just no. XD PLEASE REMOVE DEM LIPSTICK NOW. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
--- Double Post Merged, ---
What's your thought on Beatrice? :worrybunny
My though on Beato? Hmm.. well there is no doubt that she is quite an amazing golden witch. There is so much I can say about her but let's keep it with that simple sentence, and to be honest I would expect you to find her amazing also, right? Honestly, I even discovered this art of her recently and I gotta say, she looks like she will teach you the ways. I am certain that you will love this one also, Ahmed-kun. It shows the greatness of her in all kind of ways.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
It took eons for Princess Mango to reply my post.. Hmm maybe she was busy peeling mangoes? :grumble

but the moment she replies me, her post is a troll one :rofl Lol at that edit though the cropping was wrong

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
kikitriche za gorden wituchu

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
whoa who is this amazing artist I've never seen before? :o
Here is the Twitter's link of the artist,

https://twitter.com/hogyaaaaaaaaan

It seems that he posted the half body drawing of the Beato Drawing (I didn't even know it was a halfbody, I though he made a headshot drawing of her lol) that I showed you here, yesterday.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Here is the Twitter's link of the artist,

https://twitter.com/hogyaaaaaaaaan

It seems that he posted the half body drawing of the Beato Drawing (I didn't even know it was a halfbody, I though he made a headshot drawing of her lol) that I showed you here, yesterday.

Very nicu!

Though tbh, as much as I like his/her style, I don't really like how he/she is sexualizing Lambda and Bern... xD Like in some pics it's just so damn awkward, bc in my head they're far from being sexy, more like heavily twisted and corrupted cinnamon rolls, if you know what I mean. In the pics I sometimes find myself thinking "No that's not Lambda's/Bern's body lol". But to each his own, was just a sudden thought I had.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Very nicu!

Though tbh, as much as I like his/her style, I don't really like how he/she is sexualizing Lambda and Bern... xD Like in some pics it's just so damn awkward, bc in my head they're far from being sexy, more like heavily twisted and corrupted cinnamon rolls, if you know what I mean. In the pics I sometimes find myself thinking "No that's not Lambda's/Bern's body lol". But to each his own, was just a sudden thought I had.
Haha, I certainly understand what you mean and I don't disagree with you. At the first glance when I saw these art of Lambda with that position that he makes I was like ''hmmmmmm.....'' but then I thought about their sweet yet twisted talk they do sometimes with each other which does quite fit a bit. But yeah, they shouldn't really have Beato's body size tho lol. Although if I look from the positioning how the artist drew her, I must say that it's not really some kind of kamikaze body tho. Lambda still does have her correct body size, only thing for me is that her waists are a bit too much and the same counts for the Bern fanart (that's a bit too thick lmao). For the rest, I think I am quite fine with it. It grew kinda natural on me seeing them like that, I have seen more fanarts of them having a 'sexy pose' which were a bit too much lol (gotta say, it fits Bern more 'cuz of her attitude) however as I said before, I certainly understand what you mean. XD
grats, mango witch
Well well, oh you poor being. Didn't you know? It's only natural that you congratulate me. Now please, go back to your corner and remember what kind of worthless impure being you are. People like you are truly

PS: The badges design you and Farfalla did this year are nice. Well done~

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
No, I don't want to. I will stay here, Margaret

:hmph

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
"Kiki's corner"?!

I am getting embarrassed

Everyone is seeing the title :(

btw don't you want to know where I got the name Miranda from? :smugbunny

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Also did you see this one?

We gotta play that card game x)

Haha, I certainly understand what you mean and I don't disagree with you. At the first glance when I saw these art of Lambda with that position that he makes I was like ''hmmmmmm.....'' but then I thought about their sweet yet twisted talk they do sometimes with each other which does quite fit a bit. But yeah, they shouldn't really have Beato's body size tho lol. Although if I look from the positioning how the artist drew her, I must say that it's not really some kind of kamikaze body tho. Lambda still does have her correct body size, only thing for me is that her waists are a bit too much and the same counts for the Bern fanart (that's a bit too thick lmao). For the rest, I think I am quite fine with it. It grew kinda natural on me seeing them like that, I have seen more fanarts of them having a 'sexy pose' which were a bit too much lol (gotta say, it fits Bern more 'cuz of her attitude) however as I said before, I certainly understand what you mean. XD
Then we're on the same page, good :3