Shounen - Yu Yu Hakusho by Togashi Yoshihiro | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yu Yu Hakusho by Togashi Yoshihiro

vensu

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Yu Yu Hakusho Volumes 14+ Edited Mangas

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch02 released by Blackout and Null

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch03 released by Blackout and Null

Last edited:

redcometfm

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Any updates on the status of the last two chapters?

vensu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch04 released by Blackout and Null

vensu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France

Nice :)

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch05 released by Blackout and Null

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch06 released by Blackout and Null

Last edited:

redcometfm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Urgh, you know whats so fucking stupid? Effin Viz is taking forever with their YYH releases. Its like 2 or 3 books a year. Naruto and Bleach get WAY more than that! Its not like its that hard to translate, especially with the rate at which they release other titles, but it just seems like theyre REALLY milking it. From the publishing dates, it looks like we won't get the final volume until early 2010. Pricks.

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe because it's just not as popular because it's fanbase isn't as large as say naruto and bleach

redcometfm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
But they wouldnt have come out with new TV dvd sets if that wasnt the case.

vensu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch07 released by Blackout and Null

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch08 released by Blackout and Null

Last edited:

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, the last two chapters have been completely translated into English and should be scanned soon. It's been a helluva ride. So once they're out, discuss! What did you guys like better about the manga now that you've had the chance to see it all? What did you think was worse?

kewl0210

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime was able to fill up the last tournament more, and everything seemed to last a lot longer.
Though the extra parts in the manga, the little one-chapter stories, were really cool, I wish the anime had put that in instead of their ending.
Course, if Togashi hadn't had to rush the final tournament and end it right in the middle, who knows how it would've gone.
Course, now in Hunter Hunter he's had 10 chapters taking a total of 10 seconds to pass.

redcometfm

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Thank you, HisshouBuraiken!!!
The manga is interesting, definetly has alot of humor but what struck me is some of the more touching stories. I almost cried when I read the Old Man-Raccoon story.

vensu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France
Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch09 released by Blackout and Null

Yuyu Hakusho Vol17 Ch10 released by Blackout and Null

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Man, this is an oooooold threat lol. Anyways, I had a couple of questions about the manga and anime which I hoped would be answered here.

Mostly my questions are about the power levels stated in the manga. Closing to the end of the manga we saw a number of characters who had s-class power. Now, in the manga the s-class was not defined as A, B, C or D class were, it simply refered to creatures which had power which the spirit world could not handle. Now, these are a few of the numbers which we saw in the manga regarding the amount of youki a number of characters had.

Yomi: 1'550,000
Raizen: 1'322,000
Mukuro: 1'575,000
Sachi: 37800
kirin: 89500
Hokushin: 36000
Kurama: 152000 (as youko)
Tournament guys: over 100000 points and increasing.
Yura: Yomi expected him to reach 500000
yusuke: as strong as yura apparently
hiei: at some point heie mentioned having about as much power as yusuke.
Shigure: Less than kirin considering kirin was the second hand of mukuro and shigure was the weakest in her army.

Anyways, yusuke was already an S-class fighter when he first met hokushin yet hokushin made it clear he was his equal at the time. If we consider this page it would even seem like hokushi was actually the stronger one. The guys from the tournament had over 100000 points of power which is 3 times the power sachi had and more than what mukuro's second hand before hiei had.

Now, for my questions:
Why did the anime refer to the tournament guys as being A class? Even the anime showed the above numbers which would make it painfully obvious they were S-class. They would still be at least 10 times weaker than the main candidates (since they were equal or greater to yomi) to win the tournament but but they were in fact s-class. How in the hell did yusuke last 60 hours against yomi? Or is the anime version actually considered cannon or something of the sort? Why did kurama say he had so much trouble against shigure in the manga? In the manga he said he wasn't sure of how he managed to win against shigure however the numbers would suggest kurama had at least twice as much power as shigure and it should have continued to grow during the following 6 months until the tournament. Was any of these ever addressed in some databook or something or was togashi simply rambling in the manga when he drew this?

Shojin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

TheAmericandream

Reaction score
Country
United States
kkck, I think those are just power level potholes. Especially if you are watching the dub. Trust the manga first, I'd say the Tournament guys (friends of Raizen right?) are all S class. Yomi says it in the anime too "powers close to mine" (at least in the dub). With Shigure, its been some time right? I am assuming his power has gotten stronger since we first met him. Also, in the anime Kurama didn't even want to use Yoko, so perhaps he did that in the manga too? Cool to see people still post in the Yu Yu Hakusho thread.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
man, that is an old post lol Anyways, the reason for which I asked if the anime part was cannon for some stuff is that the manga plainly did not show it. If we assume the manga makes sense then we can infer a few things. Also, by the tournament guys I mean the guys who kurama trained for yomi's army (not the makai tournament lol). Raizen's friends would have had around 1500000 power anyways, not 100000.

yusuke was at around hokushin's level when he first went to makai. We do have to consider that after training hokushin said their roles were reversed so perhaps hokushin during that time was actually a decent bit stronger than yusuke although that could also have been attributed to yusuke initially not having much control over his power (as was the case against sensui). Anyways, if we assume yomi's son reached the level yomi expected we can assume the kid actually had a respectable 500000 power. That is roughly 5 times what kurama's trainees had and apparently what yusuke had. Now, if we assume yusuke was indeed at yura's level then we would see that at least in terms of spiritual energy yomi should actually be more than able to overwhelm yusuke which in this particular manga is an overwhelming deal to say the least. In this regard a 60 hour fight which left yomi weakened for his nexts fights would seem unlikely, he should hypothetically be able to school yusuke as much as he did yura. Heck, 100 days before (admittedly yusuke should have been weaker back then however that does not have an effect over the facts given during the tournament) the tournament yomi was pretty sure he would have been able to defeat yusuke, kurama and the gang using but a third of his power.

Kurama objectively had over 150000 power when he killed yomi's number 2 and yet when he fought shigure who was the weakest of yomi's personal army he supposedly had enough trouble to make him wonder how in the hell he won. Not only kurama had over 5 times that guy's power 9 months before the tournament but he also should have had time to grow stronger too.

This is why I ask if the anime was considered cannon for this battles. None of it makes sense. If we assume the anime is actually cannon about how each of these fights went on then things would kinda make sense however if we assume it is not cannon then the manga is essentially nonsensical to say the least. The manga never hinted at yusuke being able to use any form of seikoki or kurama having issues with transforming into yoko either.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i just started re-watching the anime for the first time since i saw it on cartoon netwotk ages ago

i have never read the manga but im about to try it

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
About the manga, I think I prefer how it begins due to all of Yusuke's misadventures, though I prefer the anime when it comes to the ending. I think this might of the few cases in which I prefer the anime over the original manga.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I feel the same way ^^ I loved the manga, but it definitely has, at least imo, the worst ending ever...especially considering it was his choice (as far as I'm aware) and not out of his control via cancellation. Plus the anime was my favorite as a kid so I'm extremely biased. (I own it all on dvd :D)