Voting Round 2 - Zero Kiryu vs. Itachi Uchiha | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Zero Kiryu vs. Itachi Uchiha

Who wins?

• Zero Kiryuu

• Itachi Uchiha

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Zero Kiryuu
Vampire Knight
-

Itachi Uchiha
Naruto

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
This was not a match up I looked forward to because I love Itachi. He's my favorite character in Naruto for his overall complexity. And while in my biased opinion he's the best ninja in that series, husbando he is not. Which brings me to Zero.

Zero Kiryu is also a complex character. As a child he was raised in a loving family with his twin brother. However, as the family consisted of vampire hunters, it wasn't an easy life. His parents were always gone on missions, leaving their sons in the care of others. One day while Zero and his brother were outside they met a vampire hanging around. They were boys at the time and while they were training to eventually become hunters they were not yet a match for a pureblood vampire. This vampire would sadly go on to murder their parents and leave Zero an orphan in the care of another vampire hunter Kaien Cross. This was when he met Yuki.

Yuki was protective of Zero from the moment they met. As a boy grieving for his family Zero had no interest in anything or anyone. He was hurt physically and emotionally and pushed everyone away. Yuki persevered in her attention to him, cleaning his wounds and feeding him, slowly breaking through the ice he tried to shelter in. This set the theme of their relationship because from then on, they would both dedicate themselves to protecting each other to the point where they become their own worst enemies.

As a result of the attack on his family, Zero himself was bitten by the vampire. This caused him to unfortunately become the thing he was sworn to fight against. Despite her initial fear, as she too had been raised by a Vampire Hunter, and his self hatred, Yuki proved her devotion to Zero by offering her blood to him for as long as he needed. Zero didn't like this because not only would he be hurting her but he would be admitting that he was a monster and therefore unworthy of her.

Yuki realizes that she's scared of how Zero, a vampire, is drinking away her blood. She wonders why she's scared, as it's for Zero's sake. Zero then releases himself from her, calling himself a beast. He tells Yuki that he can't control his blood lust, even if he hates vampires and even if he doesn't want to hurt anybody. He sadly tells Yuki to just give up on him. He adds further that the affects of Yuki's blood can help him only temporarily, making it just as useless as the blood tablets. Yuki tells Zero that he's cruel for wanting her to give up on him. She says that she'll keep his promise and kill him if he goes berserk. However, Yuki then says that she will tame Zero's vampire side even if he will hate her for it. He hasn't lost his sanity yet so she won't let him die. Zero then asks Yuki how he can hate her, surprising her (except from 9th Night summary)

That might sound a bit morbid, promising to kill someone you supposedly love, but it actually shows just how far she would be willing to go to help him and shows his level of trust in her to want what's best for him even if it's death.

This was only the beginning though. Zero had to battle with himself to deny his feelings for Yuki, sometimes he could even be cruel to her hoping to push her away in order to try and protect her from the monster he felt he was becoming. But a bigger plot twist was coming their way. This would test them beyond their own limits.

To be continued.....

Husbando qualities:

Does everything in his power to protect you even if it's from himself.

Trusts you with his deepest secrets knowing that not only will you keep them but you will do what's best for him.

Part 2 coming soon.

In the meantime have some pics:

For the girls:hurr

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
zero for the win. All right itachi killed his lover for the sake of his village. So his village and brother is more important than his lover. As much as I like itachi, he is my favourite in naruto series along with sasuke and minato I dont think he is also really husbando material honestly.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bribery and extortion also work..... but loving these Zero images, thank you! :hearts
I know right those images are awesome and I really need to buy the Vampire Knight manga box sets I only read Vampire Knight when I used to buy Shojo Beat. I will be honest the only Shojo's I like are Shojo's that have horror, historical, supernatural and that folklore elements in them. Also nice Bulma gif.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Vampire knight is the one of those series i loved and Zero is the one of my favorite MC's as well. Itachi is good too but not good as Zero.

Zero ftw.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
While Zero isn't best Hubby in his own series, he's still a vampire so that's always an auto win.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vampire knight is the one of those series i loved and Zero is the one of my favorite MC's as well. Itachi is good too but not good as Zero.

Zero ftw.
Oh same Vampire Knight for the win and Zero is also one of my favorite Vampire Knight characters along with Yuki.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While Zero isn't best Hubby in his own series, he's still a vampire so that's always an auto win.
Well you can't go wrong with Vampires and if Vampires were real I would love to be one. Also Zero did act as a father to Yuki's daughter while Kaname wasn't around for 1000 years so there's that.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Oh same Vampire Knight for the win and Zero is also one of my favorite Vampire Knight characters along with Yuki.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well you can't go wrong with Vampires and if Vampires were real I would love to be one. Also Zero did act as a father to Yuki's daughter while Kaname wasn't around for 1000 years so there's that.
I like Kain, Cross, and Toga more tho.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Kain, Cross, and Toga more tho.
Yeah I like Toga/Kain because their cool and badass. I like even Rima/Shiki because of their personalities and their bond.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well to be fair, Itachi could've made a good husband, if it wasn't for his position as an Anbu. Originally I would've just chose him...but I'm still holding onto my vote for now though, Mr vampire here seems to be quite interesting as well so... :hmm

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
When you're his reason for living:

He makes time for you despite being busy:

He's always willing to listen:

He understands you:

And knows you understand him:

Isn't afraid to show you how he feels:

He's your best friend:

To be continued.....

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well I haven't watch Vampire Knight but by the looks of Bel-san's post, he has a lot of good husbando qualities.

So I'll vote for Zero \o/

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Itachi is the best husbando. Ive always wanted him to do that little head touch thingy to me. So cute whenever he did it to Sasuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.