1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. The Husbando Wars have finally begun! Nominate your Husbando now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Shounen Zettai Karen Children by Shiina Takashi

Discussion in 'Manga S - Z' started by StrangerAtaru, Feb 9, 2008.

1. StrangerAtaru

StrangerAtaru Translator

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Not really too sure if I am doing the right thing but I sort of want to set up a thread for this series with the anime coming in April. Basically this is the latest series by Takashi Shiina, more known for the Shonen Sunday series "Ghost Sweeper Mikami" (of which only the movie has been released in the US).

The basics (as I know of it): in the near future, humanity discovers the potential of humans with psychic abilities. To further develop them, an organization called BABEL is set up to hone these abilities and use these humans to better people. The series is mostly focused on three girls belonging in a section of BABEL known as "The Children", who each have a psychic specialization: Kaoru (looks like a young Mikami, psychokinetic), Aoi (reminds me in look a bit like a female verison of Mikami's priest friend Father Karasu with maybe a bit of Haruna Saotome from "Negima", teleportation), and Shiho (sort of reminds me a bit of a white-haired Meiko, psychometry). Unfortunately, these girls really aren't as trusting...heck, Kaoru proclaims that within ten years, they will "control the world"!

To tell the truth, I haven't read this series and mostly set it up for others to maybe look into and maybe read if someone starts it or not, but I am used to Shiina's style from reading GS Mikami for a period. (he writes a bit like Takahashi and other Sunday writers in many "mini arcs" for development, which can be good for some but tiring for others) The series does look interesting and fun and I would like to maybe see someone pick it up when the anime starts but it probably does require a bit of tolerance if its pacing is anything like Mikami.

Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_Karen_Children
    First chapter (by way of Sunday's site): http://websunday.net/rensai/children/read/
    Sunday commercial: http://websunday.net/theater/

2. Enomoto

Enomoto Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Canada
    Re: Zettai Karen Children (Takashi Shiina)

Yeah I learned about this manga today but I can't find scanlations:darn but I can't wait for the anime-version!

3. StrangerAtaru

StrangerAtaru Translator

United States
    Re: Zettai Karen Children (Takashi Shiina)

Friend of mine directed me to a place with vol. 1 and the first chapter of vol. 2 done...really need to get to this myself and hope the anime is good.

http://www.conan-magic.com/ (ZKC link is on the right)

4. Kioras

Kioras Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Necro question, roughly how far are the scans to the anime, as in how far behind are they currently?

5. lightl

lightl Registered User

United States
    well to asnwer your question since anime gonna show graduation etc that be first chapter of volume 16, nvm found it its chapter 138

6. Kioras

Kioras Registered User

United States
    so basically a mere 80ish chapters ahead of where the scans are currently at. And then another 30ish in the current old children arcs.

7. tehkorean

tehkorean Registered User

United States
    It looks pretty good not a big fan of the artwork, but if i find some time i'll go check it out.

8. Spikey2713

Spikey2713 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Malaysia
    Nice to meet everyone here ~ ^^ Call me Spikey.
    The reason I keep tracking on this manga cause I a big fan reader of GS Megami. And then I'm curious to see if Minamoto can change the fact that Kaoru shoot by him at the end.
    I had finished watching entire anime episodes on internet and waiting for a dvd release. I won't said that the artwork of both anime & manga is very good but it was very tidy to read on. 2 of the anime episodes was done by GONZO (the one who made Vandread) and the last episode 51 was very warm touching episode.
    so the first chapter in vol 16 is chapter 138? I only managed to get the raw chapters of 153 until 169. But still very enjoy to read them(I know a bit japanese and can understand the story).

9. idk123

idk123 Registered User

United States
    So does anyone know whats going on lately in like chapters 172-174?

More and more it seems Karou and Minamoto are developing a 'new' relationship...;D

10. Kioras

Kioras Registered User

United States
    No idea what is happening, will have to wait a bit till we are up there, in a month or two hopefully.

Current arc is win however, with the death note parody.

11. luffink

luffink Registered User

Spain
    Did they change the translator or something in JS Scans? Sorry for saying this, but the new one is BAD, I´ve just read 128 and I found a ton of errors

12. Raep

Raep Registered User

Russian Federation
    Chapters 128-133 is one big error.

13. Rejuvenation

Rejuvenation Registered User

United States
    Recently started reading this. A very good series that is easy to get into and I've enjoyed every bit of it. I've been reading it at a steady pace so far but will probably read it in bulk to hurry and catch up.

I really do have to feel sorry for Minamoto and what these kids do to him early on. XD

14. Spikey2713

Malaysia
    Sorry..I did the mistakes in releasing since I new member and a rookie over here. I will notice it next time.

15. Kioras

Kioras Registered User

United States
    Meh, that release was nothing more then a learning experience, just put it in the past.

Reguardless, now we have Gotten to the point that the anime was released too!

So from now on, new never before seen storylines!

New characters, more action! :D

16. theopguru

theopguru Registered User

Australia
    About Chapter 150:
    Is it just me, or is Shiho falling for Sakaki? From the supplements and such, they look to be a likely couple like Kaoru/Minamoto in the future.

17. Kioras

Kioras Registered User

United States
    Don't know, the supplements are more or less 4 panel funnies before the chapter, don't think they should be taken too seriously.

As far as relationships, not sure how far they develope in the time being...

18. idk123

idk123 Registered User

United States
    Hahaha you know while reading this, I also get the inkling that Shiho and Sakaki may develop something. You can tell with all their bickering and how it tends to get to a love/hate thing later on throughout the chapters. They are hilarious.

For Minamoto and Kaoru, their relationship is starting to really pick up and shouldnt be too long now that something happens that's either going to get Minamoto in trouble or push Kaoru away to PANDRA. For instance for the latest chapters that have come out in Japan (171-175 and up)
    Kaoru seems to be REALLY freaking out with her emotions as she interacts with Minamoto and lately from getting a little to close to each other, Kaoru immediately leaves only to be found by Kyosuke who takes her to the PANDRA paradise ship ( I guess....) where they are all preparing for her to become Queen quite soon. Back home, Minamoto seems to be quite confused/depressed from Kaoru's leave and of course the other two girls are trying to take advantage of a left behind Minamoto but to no avail;he seems to be to focused on Kaoru. In 175 something seems to have happened with a new character that has ESP powers with books and gives Kaoru something that instantly reminded her of Minamoto to the point it seems she is about to head back. The question is now, whats going to happen when she returns and how much longer is it till she goes back to stay with Kyosuke and the rest of PANDRA because she seems to have grown quite fond of them.

19. Magin

Magin Registered User

United States
    Based on all this new stuff (I haven't read the latest RAWs yet), you think this series is going to head towards the bad, predicted end, or might we even get lucky enough the divert that future?

That's been the question that's driving me crazy... these current chapters are pointing down the bad end. Then again, I suppose not every manga I read can have a good/happy ending

20. Spikey2713

Malaysia
    The supplement do have relationship with the main stories. It's just more in comedy way (sometimes use to describe how the people turned out like that, example: Naomi when she was a kid, how Patty recovered.) Lately the supplements had used to write another small but continuous arc story, said by Shiina in his blog. So I suggest you can just take supplement as a notice for what might happen in main story XD.