Discussion - Zoro and Sanji and... Mutiny? (Not a damn power level thread) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Zoro and Sanji and... Mutiny? (Not a damn power level thread)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If Sanji didn't attend the tea party, then there was a good chance Big Mom would have gone after the Straw Hats as well. How did he put the crew in unwanted danger when he saved the three others from being taken with him? Big Mom intended for Sanji to leave the crew (although she meant to execute him with his family), and Luffy chose to go there to prevent losing Sanji and because he'd rather have him on Wano and with him in general.

Zoro still won't get mad at Sanji. He'd likely have done the same thing too if someone he cared about was in danger.

Futomimi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not so much that Sanji left, its that he did it without letting the crew know. That being said he wasn't able to speak with Luffy directly at the time, and in hindsight it probably worked in their favor.
It's hard for me to see zoro having an issue with Luffy at this point, since he knew he was going to WCI. That fight should've happened on Zou.
Maybe Zoro will try and fight Sanji? Especially with him blowing their cover at the ramen stand and getting two supernovas sent for an assassination.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not so much that Sanji left, its that he did it without letting the crew know. That being said he wasn't able to speak with Luffy directly at the time, and in hindsight it probably worked in their favor.
It's hard for me to see zoro having an issue with Luffy at this point, since he knew he was going to WCI. That fight should've happened on Zou.
Maybe Zoro will try and fight Sanji? Especially with him blowing their cover at the ramen stand and getting two supernovas sent for an assassination.
Doubt it since he already causing trouble a lol already the start of Wano. Would make him a hypocrite especially in the same chapter he still fighting against system more.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zoro will not forgive Sanji for his disloyalty and disrespect but the thing is Zoro warned Luffy of this, so the problem will be between Luffy and Zoro.
So you believe Zoro will leave the crew after this in frustration with Luffy or just be angry?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My thoughts exactly. It'd have been different had Zoro been on Zou waiting for Luffy and the others, then Luffy deciding to detour to WCI to save Sanji without talking it over with the crew. The decision for him to go rescue Sanji wasn't just made by himself; the crew agreed to it and found other benefits to getting to Big Mom's territory( copying the red poneglyph).

I don't think there's going to be any fighting between the two. Zoro might joke that he thought Sanji leaving might stick or that he was glad to see the back of him; something like that.

Their cover isn't exactly blown; Drake and Page One don't know (yet at least) that the person they're after is a SH. Neither does Hawkins. That's why Law tells Sanji to hide. Hawkins having seen Luffy fight Kaido,might deduce that some of his crew are somewhere on Wano though.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I forgot about the Poneglyph rubbing! Zoro will definitely be less angry, if he even is angry, because the Straw Hats succeeded in getting the rubbing, and they made a bigger name for themselves with Luffy and Sanji's increased bounties. He'll just be mad that Sanji's bounty is higher, if anything.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wont happen, we have all cleared now for Sanji coming back and like M3J said, the only thing Zoro will be mad about is Sanjis Bountyposter. Which will give him motivation to go for big guns. Heck i even see it happen that he is defeated and only gets up because he cant let the cook have a higher bounty then him... bullshit power up followed and then he wrecks an enemy.

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, nothing like this will happen, and really, it's just something fans of one want and hope that it will lead to the other leaving the crew because it's impossible to like both characters I think (if you read this message board at least...).

They've already done "crew splitting" stories, with Robin and with Ussop. I really doubt Oda will go to that well again, it's boring. Zorro isn't going to become a crew enemy, he's not going to leave the crew, it's not even remotely hinted at and wouldn't go with the themes of the story.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
So you believe Zoro will leave the crew after this in frustration with Luffy or just be angry?
Just be angry at Luffy', dont think Zoro would ever leave and if he and Luffy fought seriously it wont end peacefully between them so i also dont see them fighting, Zoro has high expectations of Luffy but Luffy has been failing as captain.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just be angry at Luffy', dont think Zoro would ever leave and if he and Luffy fought seriously it wont end peacefully between them so i also dont see them fighting, Zoro has high expectations of Luffy but Luffy has been failing as captain.
We already saw that Zoro is not angry at Luffy, they met up and were quite happy to see each other.

And for anyone who thinks that Zoro is mad in any way, go back to 822 when Luffy leaves Zhou. Zorro is smiling saying he'll have the samurai following him in no time while Luffy is gone, and he says Sanji is probably acting like a pervert enjoying the idea of getting married. He never seems in any way angry at him, and he's smiling at Luffy when he says "see you in Wano". Zorro and Sanji have a brotherly rivalry, there is no real bad blood there.

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
We already saw that Zoro is not angry at Luffy, they met up and were quite happy to see each other.

And for anyone who thinks that Zoro is mad in any way, go back to 822 when Luffy leaves Zhou. Zorro is smiling saying he'll have the samurai following him in no time while Luffy is gone, and he says Sanji is probably acting like a pervert enjoying the idea of getting married. He never seems in any way angry at him, and he's smiling at Luffy when he says "see you in Wano". Zorro and Sanji have a brotherly rivalry, there is no real bad blood there.
Does Zoro know what happened at WCI..........no so how can he know?

Again Zoro has repeatedly said to Luffy he wont follow someone who has no pride and doesn't command respect from his crew, what is what Zoro has told Luffy not to do, Zoro said Sanji is an idiot for getting "himself" involved with another yonko while they are busy with Kaido, and told Luffy they should just leave him.

If you think Zoro wont be angry at what happened on WCI then your clearly delusional since he has warned the crew at Water 7 to never ever do what Sanji has done on WCI, and everyone including Sanji agreed to never show Luffy disrespect and Sanji clearly did!

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can we just poll this???

How does one do that? get a mod?

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does Zoro know what happened at WCI..........no so how can he know?

Again Zoro has repeatedly said to Luffy he wont follow someone who has no pride and doesn't command respect from his crew, what is what Zoro has told Luffy not to do, Zoro said Sanji is an idiot for getting "himself" involved with another yonko while they are busy with Kaido, and told Luffy they should just leave him.

If you think Zoro wont be angry at what happened on WCI then your clearly delusional since he has warned the crew at Water 7 to never ever do what Sanji has done on WCI, and everyone including Sanji agreed to never show Luffy disrespect and Sanji clearly did!
I don't think the stuff that happened on WCI will be even brought up to be honest. They saw in the newspapers about the battle, they see that Sanji is back with Luffy and the others and everyone is fine.

To be honest, I just think this kind of talk is the weird anti-Sanji stuff on this message board. I can't quite get why people have gone so over the top in it, but it is what it is. Personally i love all the strawhats and just think it's bizarre how much peoples love of one specific character has made them turn on another just because he's generally considered about as strong...as if that matters? Anyway, whatever, you all keep waiting for that mutiny, any day now...

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Personally i love all the strawhats and just think it's bizarre how much peoples love of one specific character has made them turn on another just because he's generally considered about as strong
Yin and Yang my friend. Its always like this, we search for an opposite we can bash, you have that everywhere. In the USA Dems vs. Reps. In europe left vs. right... Naruto and Bleach Fans were bashing eachother too. Its the search for a rival to have conflict with... shonenlike.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What Usopp did on Water 7 is 100% different from what Sanji did, it's not that hard to understand. Usopp chose to leave because he didn't trust Luffy and saw him as a horrible leader. Sanji left because he was forced to leave. Usopp chose to beat Luffy up while Sanji beat Luffy up because he wanted Luffy to leave before Big Mom found and killed him. Zoro has no reason to be mad at Sanji for that, he has all the reasons to laugh at Luffy for being beaten up by a "second-rate cook."

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yin and Yang my friend. Its always like this, we search for an opposite we can bash, you have that everywhere. In the USA Dems vs. Reps. In europe left vs. right... Naruto and Bleach Fans were bashing eachother too. Its the search for a rival to have conflict with... shonenlike.
Other fanbases doing it doesn't make it any less lame...and fans of Zorro aren't Zorro, so searching for a "rival" is beyond absurd...but again, whatever, i can't stop people from being immature.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I don't think the stuff that happened on WCI will be even brought up to be honest. They saw in the newspapers about the battle, they see that Sanji is back with Luffy and the others and everyone is fine.

To be honest, I just think this kind of talk is the weird anti-Sanji stuff on this message board. I can't quite get why people have gone so over the top in it, but it is what it is. Personally i love all the strawhats and just think it's bizarre how much peoples love of one specific character has made them turn on another just because he's generally considered about as strong...as if that matters? Anyway, whatever, you all keep waiting for that mutiny, any day now...

In One Piece everything happens for a reason, obviously the things that happened on WCI have a huge barring on this arc, Linlin is even on her way to deal with Luffy so clearly WCI and what happened there has not been forgotten!

Nothing is unti-Sanji only Sanji fans take it as so since they know what Sanji did was wrong but wont accept it because they are his fans!
Sanji f'd up and this will have to be addressed Nami even said this back on WCI, but in the end the honors are on how Luffy deals with disloyalty and deserters!

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
In One Piece everything happens for a reason, obviously the things that happened on WCI have a huge barring on this arc, Linlin is even on her way to deal with Luffy so clearly WCI and what happened there has not been forgotten!

Nothing is unti-Sanji only Sanji fans take it as so since they know what Sanji did was wrong but wont accept it because they are his fans!
Sanji f'd up and this will have to be addressed Nami even said this back on WCI, but in the end the honors are on how Luffy deals with disloyalty and deserters!
Lol, nothing is anti-Sanji? You have a prominent poster here calling him "the baker" as an insult in every post. Give it a rest, no one buys the BS. And I'm not even more a Sanji fan vs Zorro, I like all the characters and hope they all do cool stuff, it's just obvious that people go out of their way to try to antagonize fans of certain characters and it's quite pathetic.

"and this will have to be addressed". Lol, do you read this before you hit "post"? It was dealt with, if you are seriously hoping for something else, some scolding, or kicking him out, some sort of punishment, you are really going to wait a long time. He's already back in the crew, what happened happened.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
BTW, for anyone who actually thinks at the end of this arc, Zoro is going to demand some type of action against Sanji...you aren't reading the manga. Look at this panel:

http://mangaseeonline.us/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-912-page-17.html

Look how happy Zoro is to see Luffy in Wano, and right away he asks if everyone is with him. And how would that even go. "We need him to apologize" "Yup, he already did, and then we saved his family, it was great, you should have been there!". There is no way to do this dramatically that would make sense to anyone other than angry fanboys who think the existence of another strong Strawhat somehow diminishes Zoro.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What the argument is about is what Sanji did to Luffy at WCI, from disrespecting him and the crew to attacking Luffy himself. They're comparing it to what Usopp did, even though the differences are so obvious. Usopp lost respect for Luffy and didn't see him as the captain anymore, while Sanji knew Luffy stood no chance against Big Mom and wanted him, Nami, and others to leave alive.