Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 347 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I see what you mean if you feel it too much skipping into it a bit. Also what you mean? Sanji defeated PO easily and Zoro couldn't last much on enemies until Enma, but that doesn't seem to be case much as Enma not doing as much as we thought. Though it can make sense to face YC by team-ups with others to bring them down so make sense without feeling too much BS on the fast development either. Also Sanji's Haki development is apparent, Idk where you think he still lacking when he was capable of taking out T6H himself and without suit he was able to tank on Kanjuro's ship destroying Ink Arrows without damage. He been evolving as everyone get stronger after each arc when getting prepare to fight new threats as it's not something new as mention above Enies Lobby is apparent on how their growth could evolve more into or during the fights. Think your underestimating characters on how they evolve in arcs over years in OP as it's not that far off nor does Oda do rematches either on enemies they already beaten as if that case Blueno would be someone Zoro and Sanji need to face off in EL Arc, but instead surpass him by beating stronger enemies than him.

It's not necessarily development will be need of rematches or showing on-screen development on how they went to that point as times it implies or shown who they face they gotten stronger and ready for bigger challenges. True Luffy been taking more of the fights, so we don't have clear on how stronger rest of the crew, but doesn't mean they haven't been preparing and training off-screen to reach for next lvl of getting stronger and keep up since it's only getting more tougher as they continue in waters and doubt Luffy be the only one to reach another lvl by himself while the others don't.
Sanji has maybe once evidenced high level haki. which is when he dodged the mochi bullet katakuri threw at him... And that is it for sanji's haki feats. He has never even shown hardened haki which is less than the bare minimum for fighters who are relevant in the new world. Zoro at least knows how to project haki which is a fairly advanced skill and mastering emma will help him improve that. But sanji... just doesn't have anything going for him. So you have sanji who is supposed to be one of the strawhats big guns and he has not shown even the bare minimum haki wise and there is no indication yet that he is at least getting that. Sanji did take kanjuro's attack but that doesn't seem like much of a feat. it's not like i am suggesting sanji is made out of paper, just that while luffy and zoro are getting haki upgrades he is still barely showing the basics in that regard and his powerups seem to be more connected to his suit...

don't get me wrong, i am sure the strawhats have upgrades coming their way in general. But the calamities or sweet commanders are god damn strong by any metric. As I have said any of those is a bigger threat than doflamingo... So anyone capable of soloing any one of them obviously has to be insanely powerful. And even then in yonko crews you have mid and low tier executives.... some of whom are probably still about in doflamingo's tier. And nothing has happened to justify zoro's and sanji's sudden leap to that level... let alone other strawhats suddenly being able to handle other pirates of executive caliber. Can you imagine franky or brook suddenly taking on people like oven or perospero? Imagine if before the timeskip back at sambaody it suddenly turned out that half the strawhat crew were suddenly stronger than lucci. As in, not only luffy, zoro and sanji but also franky, brook and ussop... And in this case we would be talking about even bigger leaps than that considering that haki is basically the core of combat in OP and even sanji has only displayed very mediocre haki (no hardening and maybe some level of prediction which still wasn't enough to outmaneuver doflamingo) and the rest of the crew at best knows it exists. Franky does have the advantage of his power being related to technology and nami having zeus is actually a huge deal though. But still... sanji, brook, ussop, choper and robin are pretty much nowhere haki wise and have not evidenced anything to suggest they can do without it.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Come back to me when your ready to be honest with your fault on your theory 'Zoro will be first or with Luffy to hurt Kaido' when Scabbards just take that way from you this chapter. Same man who couldn't get past Gifters without help is now going to overtake Kaido solo? Again, stopo giving into imagination and be honest for once as we all know Zoro won't participate in fights his Captain can handle. Don't push false narration cause you can't accept Luffy > Zoro in situations like these.
I've reread three times the posts this answers to and there's no mention of Zoro being the first to hurt Kaido. I also didn't find anyone saying Zoro would solo Kaido. I've only seen comments of people saying Zoro can damage Kaido and will probably do so as to help Luffy, just like the Scabbards are doing now, because Luffy can not defeat Kaido 1vs1. Luffy's very likely to end up having a 1vs1 against a wounded Kaido and get the finishing blow in, just like it happened with Doflamingo. Of course "wounded Kaido" doesn't mean "close-to-dead Kaido".

We all know Luffy > Zoro and Zoro getting one cut on Kaido before Kaido is eventually defeated wouldn't make him stronger than Luffy. Oda's narrative is what's definitive on this manga and the narrative will always dictate Luffy to be on top of his crew. Even those who might think Zoro should be stronger than Luffy know that would never be shown to be the case in the actual story.

Not saying I am doubt on Zoro facing YC lvl opponent, but no way I can see him solo one without help on who he face is all. Cause it looks like all Yonkos and YCs will need to be team up on.
Funny you say that right after saying you're rooting for King vs Sanji.

Either way, it's true that King flies and Zoro doesn't, but that has nothing to do with the Pica fight. Zoro has been fighting opponents that move around a lot and even one who used guns from afar and could move threedimensionally at high speeds just as if he was flying: Braham. Zoro's answer to that? Defeating him with a single flying slash and then going on to defeat Ohm.

Pica's fight was "bad" because Pica hid a lot through his DF and he couldn't be tracked through haki. King only flies. A fast flying opponent is harder to hit, which could push Zoro to grow stronger, but it's still an opponent Zoro can follow both with his eyes and haki and that can't hide from him like Pica did, so it wouldn't become "hide and seek", just a hard fight for Zoro to overcome, as his fights used to be most of the time before the timeskip.
I admit Sanji vs King could be entertaining because of the flying ability of both, but narratively-wise, Sanji always takes on an opponent who's just below Zoro's opponent in rank (Mr.2, Jyabura), so I don't know if Zoro and Sanji are going to fight Calamities or members of the Flying Six, but going by how the plot has been so far for almost 1000 chapters, it's highly unlikely Sanji will fight an opponent ranked higher than Zoro's for the finale of the arc. It would truly be the first time.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen, Sanji vs King can happen just like Nami vs Queen can happen, it's just not likely. Sanji vs Queen is more likely; although Queen just seems like a boring opponent no matter who fights him.

I'm not sure Zoro will end up fighting King because of how many badasses are on the side of the good characters this time. Kidd and Law need some good fights, especially Kidd, who has never had a full fight in the whole manga, so either all they do is aid Luffy against Kaido, or they get some All-Stars, but it would be a shame if Luffy gets to defeat Kaido and the other two members of the monster trio (Zoro and Sanji) only get to fight Flying 6 members instead of Kaido's top commanders. It would feel like Luffy has a feet on the level of being a real Yonkou (only a feet because he's not soloing Kaido) while his top crewmates aren't really at top YC level.
We will see, for all we know some of the F6 might actually be stronger than some All-Stars and just never had the chance to prove it before. It's not like they were afraid of them.

Agree to Disagree, but that doesn't really remove factor on what I said it's about his skill though. Whether he likes using 3-sword style more as his main or not is irrelevant as how he was taught is to value all the styles and that his skill is important factor on being better in a fight or holding a sword. You can't say he was holding back his power in either of those fights if he choose to defeat his enemies with the other styles than what he usually do. He always go serious in sword fights like those and use his full power in those moments. He is still the same person given his skill, yes he favor 3-sword style, but even without it, Oda pushes he can still beat someone with other 2 styles even with major foes at the time, so there is no difference he loses power or his skill using the others as he still giving his full best with his blades.

Mihawk states he lack skill in his weapons if a knife like his could stop them with ease, not numbers nor design of a weapon, but skill of the user. The weapons don't give you powers, it's you who make them good as they are. It does have something to do with this as it was one of the important lessons in his swordsmanship he was taought on. Being WSS, pretty sure he could do his style just same and outdo Zoro given his skill. Yeah he favor using his own style, but doesn't mean if he switch weapons, it make him lose his edge as long it's a bladed weapon as knife shows he can easily best anyone by his skills in outcome of the fight.

Don't mind going back and forth, but sooner later we going have to stop on this so we don't cloud too much on this topic over this, so let's leave it as that since we already left our mark in Chapter thread today.
Is "sooner or later" when you run out of arguments? If you want to agree to disagree there's nothing I can do about it but it really feels like you ignore everything that's replied and repeat over and over something that's debunked instead of arguing the points that debunked your claims.

Of course it's not about numbers or about the weapons giving you powers and of course it's you who make them good as they are, which is why Zoro is stronger with three than with two, which goes back to the picture I posted of Zoro saying "You don't know the difference between using three swords and using santouryu!"; and he said that precisely when an opponent mocked him saying "we were beating you when you only carried one sword, what difference is two more swords going to make?". A lot of difference, because it's not about the number of the swords, it's about Zoro's skills using three swords being superior to anything else he can pull off.

Zoro's nitoryu is not necessarily stronger than his itoryu, but his santouryu is because that's what he trains the most and what he has consistently used through all of the manga when he wanted to give it his all unless he was missing one sword. And that doesn't mean he's not strong without santouryu; he even showed Pre-TS that he has a "0 Sword Style" that was fairly strong and he could even summon a Tatsumaki with it. Does that mean to you that Zoro's just as strong without swords than with swords?

Zoro lacked skill against Mihawk, obviously, Zoro was much weaker by then, who's arguing agains that? How's that even relevant? Zoro is weaker than Mihawk no matter what style he uses. That's irrelevant. Skill of the user is what's important, that's obvious, but being very skilled with a weapon or in a certain style doesn't mean having the same skill with a different kind of weapon. Zoro's more skilled with santouryu so he's stronger in a fight while using it, that's a proven fact and I have debunked in detail your examples of Ryuuma, Mr.1 and Mihawk's words.

It's also ironic how hard you ignore Zoro has a main style yet you have no problem claiming Kamazo was nerfed against him "because he was using a normal scythe instead of his usual wrist-scythes".

What you're saying is that Sanji would be just as strong and skilled using a sword or throwing punches as he is throwing kicks because "skill is what's important, not the weapon you use", as if it didn't matter what he's more skilled at.

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I get you on narrative, but it's not pushing to him and King to face though compare to other narrations on where it's leading him. Sanji on his narration after beating one of T6H and All Star Candidates who were sent by YC to take him out pushes more he is ready to face them which could lead either to King or Queen depending. There is potential of seeing a Sky Fight with him on King along with similar traits about their person and design to push that they could collide. Especially way of using fire is another signal to say they could collide with each other as well.

Not saying I am doubt on Zoro facing YC lvl opponent, but no way I can see him solo one without help on who he face is all. Cause it looks like all Yonkos and YCs will need to be team up on.
I dont see it.... I just don't see Sanji fighting King as an obstacle, nor an interesting fight.... King is closest to Kaido and certainly going to be amongst the most skilled there, so a battle with him would be apt.... Zoro's main weapon is a sword, Sanji's main strength isnt flight... but lets agree to disagree and move on.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
How do you think Zoro will manage to cut Katakuri though? Luffy was able to generate extreme speed to overcome that, how would Zoro manage? Katakuri would be able to dodge everything with his future sight....
You dont need to be Luffy to beat Katakuri... Luffy's AoEs are poor to the point of being non-existent...
Katakuri will have trouble against Zoro's AoEs, deforming his body to dodge doesnt work when entire area is being attacked, there's no safe place to deform to. He cant dodge AoEs except moving away from them completely. Luffy's G3 was shown to be something that Katakuri isnt dodging since the area it takes up is bigger than Katakuri, that's how he dragged him in the Mirror World in the first place, because he couldnt dodge it.
Future Sight and Katakuri are all but invincible, once you understand how it works...

Well, luffy used future sight and a speed oriented version of gear 4 to get an edge on katakuri.
Luffy didnt "win" against Katakuri because of future sight, it was purely because of Snakeman.
Getting FS in that fight was just a bonus, needed bonus for future story telling.
Snakeman is high attack frequency mode which is not compatible with Future Sight.
The benefit of FS for Snakeman is close to none, if Katakuri cant fully track it, who is the master of the ability, sure as hell a novice cant track it either.

Ask Pound on how he came back then? Orochi is coming back especially DF shows on situation it works to. Zoro retreated from Apoo which is a fact and he fainted to nerf Kamazou which is another fact. His performance to show he is 'stronger' has not been the case at all and just your imagination to say he is above Luffy when he isn't at all. No evidence like that as well he interfere in his Captain's fight who stated he want Kaido more himself, not his crewmate to take him. Also Scabbards look like they be ones to be apart of how Kaido falls than Zoro as he isn't on same level as them as shown when Denjiro had no trouble besting him and he was faking to be a bad guy lol.

Zoro will get his moments, but not like that or anything compare to what Luffy is going to do in the war.
Nobody cares how they come back, lol. Stay on topic, forget Pound.
Orochi is betrayed by the only man who kept him alive, if he came back, everyone and their mothers will be after him, there is no protection from Kaido anymore, there is no safe place for him in Wano so sure, he can come back, to be beheaded a couple of times more, fodder stays fodder.

Zoro saved Luffy from Apoo and other attackers, that is a fact. He never fainted to Kamazou, that's also a fact. You, sadly, dont know what facts are.
He just ripped through hundreds of Gifters, if you ask me it's comparable to Kaido taking on the mink tribe, minus the heavy hitters. A pretty dope feat of strength for Zoro and he didnt break a sweat doing it.

Whether he is above Luffy or not, remains to be seen, the arc is only getting warm, at least he was able to hurt Kaido from the beginning of the TS, even since Alabasta, something that Luffy only became able halfway through Wano, lol. He will steal that fight away from his captain lol. Even Scabbards are stealing it away from him, doesnt seem to be working how you thought it would, huh? Show me a panel of Denjiro besting Zoro.

You got no idea how much of Zoro greatness is coming our way, he is the true star of this arc, remember it and brace yourself because you are not ready for it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Luffy didnt "win" against Katakuri because of future sight, it was purely because of Snakeman.
Getting FS in that fight was just a bonus, needed bonus for future story telling.
Snakeman is high attack frequency mode which is not compatible with Future Sight.
The benefit of FS for Snakeman is close to none, if Katakuri cant fully track it, who is the master of the ability, sure as hell a novice cant track it either.
What? Why? There is literally no reason for luffy to not be able to use snakeman and future sight together... The only requirement for that is for luffy to keep his calm. Also... are you suggesting luffy can't properly keep track of what he does with snakeman?

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
What? Why? There is literally no reason for luffy to not be able to use snakeman and future sight together... The only requirement for that is for luffy to keep his calm. Also... are you suggesting luffy can't properly keep track of what he does with snakeman?
That is exactly what I am saying. If Katakuri cant track it properly, why would Luffy be able to?

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Because he is the one doing it. What you are suggesting is that luffy pretty much just hit katakuri randomly during the fight, which is just dumb.
What changes if Luffy is doing it or not? The attack frequency of Snakeman is too high for FS to track it all.
If the master of future sight isnt able to track it fully, Luffy cant either.
What do you mean randomly? He was hitting him intentionally. Katakuri gave up on tracking it since it got him nowhere.
You cant be looking into the future at same pace at which you are dishing out hits with Snakeman.
99% of Snakeman hits will not be based on future sight.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What changes if Luffy is doing it or not? The attack frequency of Snakeman is too high for FS to track it all.
If the master of future sight isnt able to track it fully, Luffy cant either.
What do you mean randomly? He was hitting him intentionally. Katakuri gave up on tracking it since it got him nowhere.
You cant be looking into the future at same pace at which you are dishing out hits with Snakeman.
99% of Snakeman hits will not be based on future sight.
That's absurd. You are pretty much just making stuff up randomly at this point.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
That's absurd. You are pretty much just making stuff up randomly at this point.
What am I making up?
That the flaw of future sight is high attack frequency and it doesnt matter who is attempting to use it, it cannot deal with it?
That's called common sense lol.
In your opinion, a worse user of FS can track Snakeman while better user of FS cant? How does that make more sense, lol?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What am I making up?
That the flaw of future sight is high attack frequency and it doesnt matter who is attempting to use it, it cannot deal with it?
That's called common sense lol.
In your opinion, a worse user of FS can track Snakeman while better user of FS cant? How does that make more sense, lol?
The flaw of observation haki is not whatever buzzwords you come up with when writing posts, the flaw of observation haki is that it requires the user to keep his cool. FS is not even relevant to luffy keeping track of his own attacks. He is the one making them, he doesn't need any degree of observation haki to keep track of them. How observation haki played out in that fight is that luffy finally got to a point where he could predict stuff about as much as katakuri, hence katakuri didn't have that insane edge over him.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The flaw of observation haki is not whatever buzzwords you come up with when writing posts, the flaw of observation haki is that it requires the user to keep his cool. FS is not even relevant to luffy keeping track of his own attacks. He is the one making them, he doesn't need any degree of observation haki to keep track of them. How observation haki played out in that fight is that luffy finally got to a point where he could predict stuff about as much as katakuri, hence katakuri didn't have that insane edge over him.
Oh man, why do I have to explain to people everything...
Why is Katakuri getting hit? He is calm and is using it and despite it, he is getting hit.
Keeping calm is not a flaw, for someone like Katakuri, that's a mismatch with Luffy's character but we arent even touching that yet.

The flaw is high attack frequency because he cannot re-see the future at the pace at which Snakeman attacks.
If it is a problem for Katakuri, it is a problem for Luffy too, it's a flaw of the ability not of the user.
Luffy didnt predict anything, Katakuri rekt him just the same after first couple of hits until he realized why he is getting hit.

Katakuri sees the future and attacks based on what he saw, Luffy does the same.
The difference is that he is dishing out far more attacks with Snakeman than he can re-see the future.
Most of the hits are not future sight-based but regular hits like he did without future sight.

He constantly needs to re-see the future to make full benefit of it and people arent reacting at the speed at which Snakeman is firing.
Got it now?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont see it.... I just don't see Sanji fighting King as an obstacle, nor an interesting fight.... King is closest to Kaido and certainly going to be amongst the most skilled there, so a battle with him would be apt.... Zoro's main weapon is a sword, Sanji's main strength isnt flight... but lets agree to disagree and move on.
Technically King and Queen are push as closest to Kaido given they share spotlight in being his top men even during flashback. Zoro can't take on someone like King given how he fights as what will he do to get him in the skies? Just saying 'Oh he will cut him down to the ground' doesn't fix it as King could easily dodge or block his attacks in the sky. Nor he has no reason not using his DF when facing someone as why nerf not to fly and hold back your power? Again it be more like run and chase fight similar to Pica's dynamic and we can't have something as boring in a fight like that.

Also King using a sword doesn't take him away being Sanji's opponent as we see he can use his body in a fight when he kick down BMP Ship during waterfall without using a weapon along with Sanji won't be afraid facing someone with weapon since he done it before. He has diverse style of fighting and need someone who can get him especially when he starts flying. Having first Sky Fight will be more interesting while Zoro have opponents that can give him interesting bouts like Orochi (If revived and stronger from DF), Smoothie, or maybe Queen.

Oda can make fights interesting than they look for the characters and Zoro included. Don't think it be boring or easy if he choose to fave the others after all. Sure thing, we can agree to disagree on this.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh man, why do I have to explain to people everything...
Why is Katakuri getting hit? He is calm and is using it and despite it, he is getting hit.
Keeping calm is not a flaw, for someone like Katakuri, that's a mismatch with Luffy's character but we arent even touching that yet.

The flaw is high attack frequency because he cannot re-see the future at the pace at which Snakeman attacks.
If it is a problem for Katakuri, it is a problem for Luffy too, it's a flaw of the ability not of the user.
Luffy didnt predict anything, Katakuri rekt him just the same after first couple of hits until he realized why he is getting hit.

Katakuri sees the future and attacks based on what he saw, Luffy does the same.
The difference is that he is dishing out far more attacks with Snakeman than he can re-see the future.
Most of the hits are not future sight-based but regular hits like he did without future sight.

He constantly needs to re-see the future to make full benefit of it and people arent reacting at the speed at which Snakeman is firing.
Got it now?
The point of that fight was pretty much for luffy to learn how to use a more advanced version of observation haki. And he did, he got to a point where could see about as much into the future as katakuri could. Essentially getting to a point where katakuri couldn't just lord his observation haki over luffy. And then comes luffy's snakeman which makes him faster than boundman... Both things played a part in how the fight ultimately played out.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The point of that fight was pretty much for luffy to learn how to use a more advanced version of observation haki. And he did, he got to a point where could see about as much into the future as katakuri could. Essentially getting to a point where katakuri couldn't just lord his observation haki over luffy. And then comes luffy's snakeman which makes him faster than boundman... Both things played a part in how the fight ultimately played out.
I disagree. Future sight on Luffy didnt play a part at all. It is there to make Oda's work easier in the future, requires less mental gymnastics to keep Luffy alive.
"a point where he could see about as much INTO the future as Katakuri could"... It is not how much INTO the future they can see, it is how often they can use it and Katakuri says it himself, "less frequently". Let's not have a debate around things as obvious as that...

Luffy couldnt keep the future sight up as much as Katakuri did and it was irrelevant to his "victory". He pulled high attack speed based gear which was troublesome for future sight to track so it nullified that advantage to a degree that Katakuri basically gave up on tracking it and took hits head on since tracking and dodging would get him nowhere and would keep him in evasive mode only.

If Luffy pulled Snakeman at the start of their battle, he would be hitting Katakuri all the same but Katakuri at the start of the battle wasnt as exhausted and self-stabbed as he was at the end of the battle so Snakeman wouldnt secure the "victory" if it had been used at the start. It is exhaustion, self-stabbing and too high attack frequency which ultimately "defeated" Katakuri. The role of future sight on Luffy literally played no role...

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji has maybe once evidenced high level haki. which is when he dodged the mochi bullet katakuri threw at him... And that is it for sanji's haki feats. He has never even shown hardened haki which is less than the bare minimum for fighters who are relevant in the new world. Zoro at least knows how to project haki which is a fairly advanced skill and mastering emma will help him improve that. But sanji... just doesn't have anything going for him. So you have sanji who is supposed to be one of the strawhats big guns and he has not shown even the bare minimum haki wise and there is no indication yet that he is at least getting that. Sanji did take kanjuro's attack but that doesn't seem like much of a feat. it's not like i am suggesting sanji is made out of paper, just that while luffy and zoro are getting haki upgrades he is still barely showing the basics in that regard and his powerups seem to be more connected to his suit...

don't get me wrong, i am sure the strawhats have upgrades coming their way in general. But the calamities or sweet commanders are god damn strong by any metric. As I have said any of those is a bigger threat than doflamingo... So anyone capable of soloing any one of them obviously has to be insanely powerful. And even then in yonko crews you have mid and low tier executives.... some of whom are probably still about in doflamingo's tier. And nothing has happened to justify zoro's and sanji's sudden leap to that level... let alone other strawhats suddenly being able to handle other pirates of executive caliber. Can you imagine franky or brook suddenly taking on people like oven or perospero? Imagine if before the timeskip back at sambaody it suddenly turned out that half the strawhat crew were suddenly stronger than lucci. As in, not only luffy, zoro and sanji but also franky, brook and ussop... And in this case we would be talking about even bigger leaps than that considering that haki is basically the core of combat in OP and even sanji has only displayed very mediocre haki (no hardening and maybe some level of prediction which still wasn't enough to outmaneuver doflamingo) and the rest of the crew at best knows it exists. Franky does have the advantage of his power being related to technology and nami having zeus is actually a huge deal though. But still... sanji, brook, ussop, choper and robin are pretty much nowhere haki wise and have not evidenced anything to suggest they can do without it.
He does have high lvl COO which is no doubt and his COA is not lacking if your able to truly damage an T6H to make them scream in immense pain in both Zoan and Hybrid Form. I doubt PO wasn't using Haki as dark-shading color around his claws in manga looks he was trying his best to win while Sanji was merely testing suit and still hold back in using anymore power he needed to best him in the end. Just because we don't see much in having full fights few times, doesn't mean he isn't evolving or getting stronger. Him now able to go face an YC lvl opponent like King or Queen is reasonable development if you were able to down an T6H and All-Star Candidate without using much. Plus that was before everyone need 2 weeks to train before the raid, so doubt Sanji was twiddling his thumbs and waited and didn't do his own training himself. His power and Haki grew as we see example of that in him tanking Kanjuro's strong attack. Think your overthinking and underestimating how Oda develop characters as whether we see them train or not on-screen or have many fights like Luffy, doesn't mean they aren't getting stronger or won't handle stronger enemies. Same with Zoro as well, since they got show results of their training during that time while preparing for the war.

I get what you mean on how it look in dynamic compare to Luffy who had more fighting development, but being MC, he get most spotlight, but doesn't mean characters will not train and won't keep up in long run as this arc can be starting point of their fighting development as well for others later. Plus I did said those 2 probably won't solo them, but will be in team up fights given it looks Oda is pushing factor Yonkos like Kaido and Big Mom and YCs like King, Queen, Jack, Smoothie, and perhaps Orochi (If real life lore is true, he come back stronger and revive with his abilities). So that be reasonable as well if they get taken down in team fights, but do expect Sanji and Zoro do most damage to defeat them in those.

As for other Strawhats, well again they never got spotlight in many arcs to see how stronger they are as just because they didn't fight, doesn't mean they aren't stronger than they look especially from training. We have to see, but I could see them facing T6H and/or YVs from Big Mom side as a fighting development for them given to them. It wouldn't be farfetch in who they beat in that side and Perospero too, but he could need team-up given hype with him as perhaps strongest in BMP side and he probably reserve in team fight with Carrot and someone else. Just saying while your not wrong in certain points, don't be surprise if Oda is pushing like that as he done this before in boosting their fighting development over like with Water 7 to Enies Lobby if there was time to train along with Alabasta Arc with how Luffy was outmatch by Crocodile in first time to later beating him in the arc and his crew also overcome Warlord's main forces too.

It is possibility he will do the same again in this arc on who they could face and it wouldn't be BS since Oda implies they train off-screen, not just on-screen along with time to prepare before Raid for few weeks to boot. Luffy expect them to reach him to be a stable and strong group, so this can be start on how capable they are in their development before facing later and stronger challenges in future arcs.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
You dont need to be Luffy to beat Katakuri... Luffy's AoEs are poor to the point of being non-existent...
Katakuri will have trouble against Zoro's AoEs, deforming his body to dodge doesnt work when entire area is being attacked, there's no safe place to deform to. He cant dodge AoEs except moving away from them completely. Luffy's G3 was shown to be something that Katakuri isnt dodging since the area it takes up is bigger than Katakuri, that's how he dragged him in the Mirror World in the first place, because he couldnt dodge it.
Future Sight and Katakuri are all but invincible, once you understand how it works...
what is AoE?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've reread three times the posts this answers to and there's no mention of Zoro being the first to hurt Kaido. I also didn't find anyone saying Zoro would solo Kaido. I've only seen comments of people saying Zoro can damage Kaido and will probably do so as to help Luffy, just like the Scabbards are doing now, because Luffy can not defeat Kaido 1vs1. Luffy's very likely to end up having a 1vs1 against a wounded Kaido and get the finishing blow in, just like it happened with Doflamingo. Of course "wounded Kaido" doesn't mean "close-to-dead Kaido".

We all know Luffy > Zoro and Zoro getting one cut on Kaido before Kaido is eventually defeated wouldn't make him stronger than Luffy. Oda's narrative is what's definitive on this manga and the narrative will always dictate Luffy to be on top of his crew. Even those who might think Zoro should be stronger than Luffy know that would never be shown to be the case in the actual story.

Funny you say that right after saying you're rooting for King vs Sanji.

Either way, it's true that King flies and Zoro doesn't, but that has nothing to do with the Pica fight. Zoro has been fighting opponents that move around a lot and even one who used guns from afar and could move threedimensionally at high speeds just as if he was flying: Braham. Zoro's answer to that? Defeating him with a single flying slash and then going on to defeat Ohm.

Pica's fight was "bad" because Pica hid a lot through his DF and he couldn't be tracked through haki. King only flies. A fast flying opponent is harder to hit, which could push Zoro to grow stronger, but it's still an opponent Zoro can follow both with his eyes and haki and that can't hide from him like Pica did, so it wouldn't become "hide and seek", just a hard fight for Zoro to overcome, as his fights used to be most of the time before the timeskip.
I admit Sanji vs King could be entertaining because of the flying ability of both, but narratively-wise, Sanji always takes on an opponent who's just below Zoro's opponent in rank (Mr.2, Jyabura), so I don't know if Zoro and Sanji are going to fight Calamities or members of the Flying Six, but going by how the plot has been so far for almost 1000 chapters, it's highly unlikely Sanji will fight an opponent ranked higher than Zoro's for the finale of the arc. It would truly be the first time.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen, Sanji vs King can happen just like Nami vs Queen can happen, it's just not likely. Sanji vs Queen is more likely; although Queen just seems like a boring opponent no matter who fights him.

I'm not sure Zoro will end up fighting King because of how many badasses are on the side of the good characters this time. Kidd and Law need some good fights, especially Kidd, who has never had a full fight in the whole manga, so either all they do is aid Luffy against Kaido, or they get some All-Stars, but it would be a shame if Luffy gets to defeat Kaido and the other two members of the monster trio (Zoro and Sanji) only get to fight Flying 6 members instead of Kaido's top commanders. It would feel like Luffy has a feet on the level of being a real Yonkou (only a feet because he's not soloing Kaido) while his top crewmates aren't really at top YC level.
We will see, for all we know some of the F6 might actually be stronger than some All-Stars and just never had the chance to prove it before. It's not like they were afraid of them.

Is "sooner or later" when you run out of arguments? If you want to agree to disagree there's nothing I can do about it but it really feels like you ignore everything that's replied and repeat over and over something that's debunked instead of arguing the points that debunked your claims.

Of course it's not about numbers or about the weapons giving you powers and of course it's you who make them good as they are, which is why Zoro is stronger with three than with two, which goes back to the picture I posted of Zoro saying "You don't know the difference between using three swords and using santouryu!"; and he said that precisely when an opponent mocked him saying "we were beating you when you only carried one sword, what difference is two more swords going to make?". A lot of difference, because it's not about the number of the swords, it's about Zoro's skills using three swords being superior to anything else he can pull off.

Zoro's nitoryu is not necessarily stronger than his itoryu, but his santouryu is because that's what he trains the most and what he has consistently used through all of the manga when he wanted to give it his all unless he was missing one sword. And that doesn't mean he's not strong without santouryu; he even showed Pre-TS that he has a "0 Sword Style" that was fairly strong and he could even summon a Tatsumaki with it. Does that mean to you that Zoro's just as strong without swords than with swords?

Zoro lacked skill against Mihawk, obviously, Zoro was much weaker by then, who's arguing agains that? How's that even relevant? Zoro is weaker than Mihawk no matter what style he uses. That's irrelevant. Skill of the user is what's important, that's obvious, but being very skilled with a weapon or in a certain style doesn't mean having the same skill with a different kind of weapon. Zoro's more skilled with santouryu so he's stronger in a fight while using it, that's a proven fact and I have debunked in detail your examples of Ryuuma, Mr.1 and Mihawk's words.

It's also ironic how hard you ignore Zoro has a main style yet you have no problem claiming Kamazo was nerfed against him "because he was using a normal scythe instead of his usual wrist-scythes".

What you're saying is that Sanji would be just as strong and skilled using a sword or throwing punches as he is throwing kicks because "skill is what's important, not the weapon you use", as if it didn't matter what he's more skilled at.
Why feel like I am talking to an echo? Only see you running out of arguments to really stand on your end. You keep on missing the point on what I am stating and only one ignoring talk here. I stated again, I KNOW (Emphasizing) he favors 3 sword style and like fighting with that the most, but doesn't mean he won't fight at his best with his other styles the same way as Oda shown with fights he fought at his best with few of them. If 3 sword was always fact and he was useless in others, then Daz Bones and Zombie Ryuma would be BS on that regard. Reason it wasn't is because of his skill, dude. We saying same thing in agree on the case on his talk about his skill, but your taking it wrong way in my talk when even characters like Zoro and Mihawk already discuss what is most important factor when wield a weapon is your own personal skill, not the style or weapon as it's person behind it to make it like that.

Yeah, it shows skill plays major factor as shown with Zoro vs Mihawk fight as which I am stating why Zoro is strong how he is is more emphasize on his skill than which style he uses. That what we debating about as your trying to stat out of it like skill plays a little part when it doesn't. Also no I don't count Zero-Style since it doesn't have him holding weapon and it be emphasize he is weak with no weapon at all by Oda. Though with at least one sword, he can take out someone with his same amount of skills than without a weapon. There a difference between sword style and no-sword style and lol are you seriously using Kamazou as a example?

Please give me backstory where Kamazou or Killer was trained in many styles or emphasize he was as strong despite being mentally fuck up and losing his weapons. As never it stated on his character as same as Zoro who if you take away his blades and as along he is leave with a weapon, it doesn't mean he isn't still skill with 1-Sword Style and 2-Sword Style. Total different and not best example your using and again your making Sanji vs Zoro talk when we discussing about Zoro and how he fights. Your insecurities are showing more when you always first person to bring Sanji to try to demeen into a S vs Z talk now between us. Please stop doing that if you want me to see you as serious debator. Also interesting fact, Sanji is actually skill in using weapons as shown during his fight with Wanze during Enies Lobby. So could be he can be skill as Zoro as he did cut Wanze's food body down with ease similar how Zoro would do. So yeah he will have no problem wielding a weapon from how that fight shows and given more knowledge since Zeff and Judge trained him how to use knife or sword respectively in his childhood.

Please let's not bring S vs Z and get back on it only Zoro unless you can't handle if someone talk about strengths and faults on a character you have to bring someone in to make it debate fight between characters. I rather not get off topic if that is alright with you. Also why are you responding to posts I made to someone else? Do you want stay on topic or go into something more as your getting out of hand on keeping one subject at a time here.

Who hasn't state that? Look at Nik87, Shasha, Afro, etc. as some of them stated that Zoro will be major one to hurt Kaido first or with Luffy to able to harm him only in theories when he got Enma since. Please don't tell me you never heard any of that here or somewhere. They even goes as far Zoro will solo and beat Kaido just for having that weapon. I am just saying they are now debunk given what Scabbards just did and how it looks it be team-up fights to take him down in the end. Zoro still have nothing to get involve in this as again he doesn't face his captain's fights for him if he wants to face them himself. We seen this many times in many main antagonists of each arc. Only one you can say is Hody, but he wasn't defeated overall and Zoro got capture by him while not bother by fight with Zoro later when he face Luffy. I am just stating factor on how people should stop thinking on theories like that especially thinking Zoro above Luffy, so Idk why your taking offense to statement unless your like that as well. Zoro obviously will get his moments in the war, but after Kaido, he will not given how he been in fighting performance lately. You have think logical, not overhype to the moon to suggest he outdo Luffy especially beating his own main opponent.

Yeah and I also said Macro and Sanji vs King too, so I am flexible on direction on match-ups so as long it make sense and goes right around Oda's writing. Better than 'Zoro solo Kaido' imagination.

Idk about that as what stopping King from flying around and Zoro haven't hard time to get him same like Pica who he couldn't even get by himself until he ask for help by others and it was when Pica was distracted. Also Braham is different compare to King who is something more entirely and if you think King won't try to dodge or block attacks, that is kinda disrespectful he be same as fodder like Braham as they are miles apart in how they fight. Again I would be fine with Zoro facing him if it wasn't for how King fights and how Pica fight went and I know others don't want an run and chase fight to be same as Pica, not saying Pica is weakling in close combat, but it be able similar to scene of Zoro unable to keep up and will ask for help again to get him while his guard is down. Rather have him face someone more on grounded which there are plenty of options to give him more of a struggle fight for him than just King alone especially King would go after someone more worth his time and probably in the skies which can be Macro and Sanji given they are only fliers in the group.

I highly doubt Oda will waste the chance to not have Sky Fight when you have these available characters around like this. Also not necessarily as we seen in NW thus far Sanji had stronger enemies he face than Zoro did if you look at resume on fights whether full or clashes. Plus there were a few times pre-timeskip Sanji had the stronger foe at times himself too. Their rivalry been more back and forth on who stronger than who and who have stronger foe at times. It is possible looking how writing and narration has shown in the arc especially if Luffy going to face Yonko lvl opponent, he expect Sanji and Zoro face YC lvl opponent to make them stronger which looks to be King or Queen depending who face who (Though Zoro could face Smoothie or Orochi if he revive and come back stronger).

Though you have a point with Kidd and Law in facing someone credible too especially being Luffy major pirate rivals, so which I mean they could team up with others on defeating YCs which can lead them teaming with Sanji and Zoro respectively since Oda looks to be pushing Yonkos and YCs will all need team work to defeat them than solo fights. I don't mind to see that and would be cool to see. As for T6H, Idk about them as don't think they be much challenge for main forces of Strawhats given Luffy and Sanji already own PO with ease, so not really final fight worthy, but could be warm-up fights or final fights for rest of the Strawhats like Usopp, Franky, Robin, Brook, Nami, and Chopper. Have to wait and see about it, but doubt main forces will have trouble with them on how easily they were make as hype tools like PO been for 2 Strawhat members already.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nobody cares how they come back, lol. Stay on topic, forget Pound.
Orochi is betrayed by the only man who kept him alive, if he came back, everyone and their mothers will be after him, there is no protection from Kaido anymore, there is no safe place for him in Wano so sure, he can come back, to be beheaded a couple of times more, fodder stays fodder.

Zoro saved Luffy from Apoo and other attackers, that is a fact. He never fainted to Kamazou, that's also a fact. You, sadly, dont know what facts are.
He just ripped through hundreds of Gifters, if you ask me it's comparable to Kaido taking on the mink tribe, minus the heavy hitters. A pretty dope feat of strength for Zoro and he didnt break a sweat doing it.

Whether he is above Luffy or not, remains to be seen, the arc is only getting warm, at least he was able to hurt Kaido from the beginning of the TS, even since Alabasta, something that Luffy only became able halfway through Wano, lol. He will steal that fight away from his captain lol. Even Scabbards are stealing it away from him, doesnt seem to be working how you thought it would, huh? Show me a panel of Denjiro besting Zoro.

You got no idea how much of Zoro greatness is coming our way, he is the true star of this arc, remember it and brace yourself because you are not ready for it.
I am on topic. Asking you how can you be sure Orochi is truly dead when Pound wasn't and he didn't have DF like Orochi has which if you did your research, you can't be defeated if your heads falls off, so just saying he could come back and get stronger as Orochi are like that in real life lore.

Luffy was fine in next page as he sprung back, but Zoro couldn't do anything to Apoo to back him back since he choose to retreat instead of striking from afar and got saved by Kidd actually. Also ripped what? Allied Samurai came to assist them defeating the rest as he was struggling to get through the forces who you thought will bulldoze through with ease when he didn't. Also no it's nothing like Kaido's feats at all as please don't compare to someone who faint from one strike to guy who can tank blows and keep fighting even through piercing damage.

He is under Luffy and always will be. He won't do much on outdoing Luffy and hardly being one to hurt Kaido as he doesn't get involve in his captain's fights. Plus Scabbards are already doing that in latest chapter if they able to cut him and wear him down along with team fights ahead for Luffy to be the one to finish him majorly.

Denjiro (Kyoshiro) vs Zoro:

Denjiro as Kyoshiro easily block his attack with no trouble.

Fend him off with ease with a smile on his face with no exhaustion while Zoro is struggling to get through him for Orochi as you can see him huff and puffing along. Also note this is Denjiro holding back here and in this next panel when he did this:

and let's not forget latest chapter have him among Scabbards piercing to cut Kaido too, so If Denjiro was full-on serious, Zoro would have been ended there as it was clear as day Zoro was outmatch by him and wasn't going to get through.

So want keep on living your imagination and denied Denjiro is stronger than he looks and too much for Zoro or you going to denied thinking arc in reality was never about Zoro and more about Luffy and Scabbards from how writing developments been in most part. Even Kidd, Law, Sanji, and Alliance members have more development to the arc than Zoro as it's not about him only as it's about everyone involve who will play a major factor. Learn to accept when you were wrong with your theories instead thinking you and Zoro is without faults.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Area of effect. Something which, incidentally, luffy does not lack at all. The guy could level a mountain if he felt like it....
Area of Effect doesn't really mean much on who stronger as even someone who haven't shown their level of AOE or demonstrated doesn't mean they aren't stronger than someone. Like with Goku who has power to destroy planets and more, but he never does it and for us to know he will beat someone who has shown more AOE over him.

Just like Garp who was able to beat Don Chinjao who can do many AOE feats with his technique, but Garp who hasn't shown anything like that was able to give him semi-permanent injury on his skull and overpower him.