Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
The training arc seemed to have been cut short in this case by the necessity to wrap things up. Which is too bad, since it looked like it might have been one of the more interesting training arcs to come along in recent years.

To be honest I thought there was a more blatant reference to DA in last week's Baku-man:XD
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorachi is so wise.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
There's a big picture of Ellie and Kiri on Jump SQ's one shot page. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Not speaking Japanese I have no clue what the announcement says. I'm very curious though.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
That's just the placeholder for the upcoming oneshot. But it was already said that it won't have anything to do with DArts :scry
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks. Sad to hear, but thanks T-T
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
yeah, that's been up for some time. I was kinda hoping you meant a New big picture...:sad

Cheer up! Tankoubon 2 is out next week, hopefully there's going to be some cute new omake:)
(ISBN13 is 9784088745831 if anyone's up for some cover searching.)
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still hope for him to get a new series in Jump Sq.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Vol2 cover looks really awesome.

ttxdragon said:
Gintoki: Listen up, nowadays friendship, effort, and victory don't go anywhere. That's a slogan that jump came up with more than 10 years ago, in an age long past. It's dead now, just like a lot of decent manga are.

Shinpachi: Old manga don't die! they just get special chapters in Jump Square!

Gintoki: Training arcs are a dime a dozen. Any creator still using them needs to knock it off. No one remembers the training after you get the super loud super flashy special move. It's why new manga come in and out so often. In the end, we should stay out of that territory.
Sorachi... *salutes*

I really wish Gintama was more popular and had regular Manga Editors, its such a great series,

Is Jump SQ like a separate magazine for series?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
jump SQ is the monthly sister to WSJ. it basically contains a whole bunch of new series by various artists, as well as regular one shots by other mangaka (such as toriyama and katsura workign together, or a one shot by the trigun creator, so on so forth). Komi Naoshi has a one shot coming up in a later issue of SQ. seriously though, check out some of the series running in the anthology, they're mostly excellent!
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I really wish Gintama was more popular and had regular Manga Editors, its such a great series
It has regular Edited Mangas. There are just a few older gaps which aren't that dramatic since Gintama is a episodic series. Momodaisuki started to fill the first big gap just a few days ago *points to shoutbox* ^^

As for the cover... jepp, that's really nice. That will be one of the very few dropped series that I'll buy (Togari... *sniff*).
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Nice cover! I wonder what the inner cover gag will be this time.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sui, I miss you so :scry
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@haya5h1: Do you know where I can pick up the raw of DA vol. 01?
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
at your nearest kinokuniya:D or any of these fine estabishments
Seriously, I dunno. I bought my own personal copy for this. I figure it's the least I can do for the guy.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
...You know, I think that DA should have been published at JUMP. The American Jump. Seriously. Just like someone said before in this topic(..can't remember who,sorry) the American readers seem to like this kind of slow paced story more than the japanese readers..And it would be awesome actually having an original manga published at the American jump.



.....Oh, and I heard that DA will be published again! A couple days after Duke Nukem Forever comes out!
....c'mon just a joke guys! Everyone likes DNF jokes!
 
Last edited:

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
soo sad... I miss Sui & everybody else... not to mention the anticipation i used to have every week for almost six months... i still want to get the novels for myself i just need to find it online where the website in english...lol
 
Top