Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
croissant said:
wha the hell??? hey thats me!! and.. hey dont call me old... im not bald yet.
Welcome croissant :confetti
Just post away here!

Don't worry. He just wants company in the realm of senility.
 

croissant

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
175
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hehe, thanks! i've always wondered how guys get your posts up to thousands.... Most of you guys hang out either here or other hang outs.
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
hey i'm not senile you old farts! :yelling

so who's the messenger....:laser
who sent you the prized pm to join here huh?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Shit... I didn't get first page... :scry

@Hunter- Blood Elf, mainly because I'll be making it into a "anti-magic tank" or an "AOE tank"(Here she is: Angelwitch still only 66 though, she's in DPS gear atm. 8.5k HP and 9.4k armor @66 in tanking gear+ Frost Presence); BE's have Magic Resistance and Arcane Torrent to help me with my tanking duties :D. I was originally gonna roll a Tauren, but since Endurance has been nerfed from "+10% total health" to "+10% base health" I was forced to change races.

I'm never gonna roll a Human, if I'd ever roll an Ally, the only race I'd roll would be a Dranei.

:yelling FOR THE WARCHIEF!!!

Walang Naruto last week? :oh
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
wha the hell??? hey thats me!! and.. hey dont call me old... im not bald yet.
hehe welcome back, crossiant. I wondered when you'd be back here...

hehe, thanks! i've always wondered how guys get your posts up to thousands.... Most of you guys hang out either here or other hang outs.
er... I'm subscribed to 163 threads so... -_-;

so who's the messenger....:laser
who sent you the prized pm to join here huh?
he was last seen on v12, priest-san. :oh

Shit... I didn't get first page... :scry
he says that on the 5TH page :rofl
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Shit... I didn't get first page... :scry

@Hunter- Blood Elf, mainly because I'll be making it into a "anti-magic tank" or an "AOE tank"(Here she is: Angelwitch still only 66 though, she's in DPS gear atm. 8.5k HP and 9.4k armor @66 in tanking gear+ Frost Presence); BE's have Magic Resistance and Arcane Torrent to help me with my tanking duties :D. I was originally gonna roll a Tauren, but since Endurance has been nerfed from "+10% total health" to "+10% base health" I was forced to change races.

I'm never gonna roll a Human, if I'd ever roll an Ally, the only race I'd roll would be a Dranei.

:yelling FOR THE WARCHIEF!!!

Walang Naruto last week? :oh
That is so wrong! The Orc Death Knights are the real tanks! but then again, can I call you chicksilog? ;)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
heyyy~ did you guys notice the different colors in paperboy's links? what happened to that?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
what different colors?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That is so wrong! The Orc Death Knights are the real tanks! but then again, can I call you chicksilog? ;)
No use, everyone knows I'm a guy.

The "tank" is the role a class takes when he/she decides to be the "living punchingbag" of a dungeon boss/ mobs. The racial bonuses of the Orcs are geared towards a DPS (Damage Per Second) or healing roll, so I didn't roll one. The first Death Knight...well... It was the soul of an Orc, in a Human's body, not sure how to classify that.

@BB- I'm slightly colorblind, all I know is that I made hyperlinks.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
croissant said:
hehe, thanks! i've always wondered how guys get your posts up to thousands.... Most of you guys hang out either here or other hang outs.
Nah! this is the only thread that I post in nowadays but I still got a thousand + posts. Before, I was posting here and there.

TM said:
hey i'm not senile you old farts!
Sure you say that after claiming a page ago that you're gurang! :rofl
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well the Orcs have a naturally high HP range... btw I noticed some of your equips are still defaults... and what's the runeblade damage range??
 

croissant

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
175
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
erm, i cant relate to a darn thing you guys are saying...:confused: sorry for being born yesterday..

anyways, i found out that theres a pc version of need for speed undercover. And thank goodness my vcard can support it.... it can be run on a pixel shader 2 card... DMC4 was a pain cuz it uses pixel shader 3.... now all i have to wait for is a final fantasy 13 version for pc then my life will be complete.:whoo
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
has it been released? nfs undercover?
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
bbsai said:
heyyy~ did you guys notice the different colors in paperboy's links? what happened to that?
Am not seeing those colors. maybe you have the the eyes of that lobster who can see almost all spectrum. :blink
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
now all i have to wait for is a final fantasy 13 version for pc then my life will be complete.:whoo
that time, you'll have to have bluray on your PC. :oh


i double-checked and I'm still seeing the colors... >.> the other ones actually look a tad greenish than the usual blue links. :oh
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well the Orcs have a naturally high HP range... btw I noticed some of your equips are still defaults... and what's the runeblade damage range??
Taurens have the highest base health in game. They used to have about 1k+ more base health than anyone else since their racial passive Endurance gave +10% health based on total health, but now they only have 100+ more health than everyone else since it's been nerfed from total to base health.

Tanking has lots of aspects involved, not just health. DKs tank by slowing down their enemies and negating damage with talents, dodges, and parries. With that said, the 2% chance to miss from Magic Resistance and the 2sec silence+ 15RP gain from Arcane Torrent are ideal for taking on bosses/mobs that rely heavily on magic damage...which happens to be the niche of DK tanking.

re:gear- Yeah, the gear they give you through the DK starter quests are so good that they'll last you till 65. The only reason to why I haven't been forraging for gear is because the whole leveling process involves lots of new gear... I don't want to waste hard earned gold...

re:Rune weapon- Any 1hand/2hand axe/mace/sword can be turned into a "rune weapon" by use of Runeforging. Runeforged enchantments act like regular enchantments to your weapon, giving it extra aspects. The rune and rune power systems have nothing to do with runed weapons, and regular weapon enchantments don't stack with rune enchants.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
@paperboy
Oh yeah, what's your threat level? Is it true DK has higher base threat than a fighter?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@paperboy
Oh yeah, what's your threat level? Is it true DK has higher base threat than a warrior?
Initial agro is based on what skills you decide to spam in the first 5 seconds of an encounter. Currently I'm able to dish out 5-7k threat or 1000-1400 TPS (threat per second) initial threat, the highest I've reached is about 30k threat in total from AOE pulls. DK's have tons of initial threat due to the fact that they tank by using brust damage, but when it comes to a long winded boss fight, Warriors are by far the best solo target tanking class in game due to their constant threat generation.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well warriors (ok, so i said fighters) have threat generation as mana...

and where do you play?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not mana.... Agro/ Threat is something that happens when you hit an npc. Whoever has the highest threat will be the npc's target. So tanks need to be able to dish out lots of threat so that everyone else in the party is safe. let's see...

The following tank capable classes use:

Warrior- Rage
Druid (in bear form or dire bear form)- Rage
Paladin- Mana
Death Knight- Runes and Runic power. Using rune based skills proc runic power, and serves as a separate power source for certain skills

In some special cases, other classes that arn't really considered as tanking classes can tank.

Mage tanking- For Gruul's Lair, against High King Maulgar, to be able to exploit his buff and spell casts

Rogue Evasion Tanking- You tank by dodging all the attacks, though you'll die from one or two hits...

Warlock Tanking- Against Leotheras the Blind in Serpentshrine Cavern. This is because Warlocks can easily get a max fire resistance rating and soul link, giving them lots of spell damage mitigation. Other tanking classes can attempt to do this as well.

Shaman Tanking- This was a Pre-BC thing when shamans were "Overpowered". Thats no longer the case...

I play on Jubei'Thos... the most overpopulated oceanic realm, which ironically is just a mirror, and the actual server is in the US....sigh, GG lag...

I play at home. Theres no way that I'll play in a LAN shop... I know people who've been hacked because of that...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top