Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, ok. I will hunt the libary, scam them and hold the book for as long as i take to read it

does it take longer to understand the book
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol, ok. I will hunt the libary, scam them and hold the book for as long as i take to read it

does it take longer to understand the book
nothing hard in understanding it...but in my opinion it's just dry reading. Not my taste I guess, but it's just hard to get through. From what I've read, there wasn't a point where I got hooked and had to keep reading...I had to force myself to keep going.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
well eni reads like 1000 (rounded to 250) mangas, but then again also reading long books on top of that, plus modding the forums and taking care of the kids, meh you don't sleep do you?
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I don't see where that's BS, bean, since I don't see the problem in reading 200-300 pages in one afternoon. Making a 600 pages book a weekend read to me, with plenty of breaks and going on party.

If I stretch it on a full week, I don't even need to read an hour per day to get it done and seriously, if I would read any slower I wouldn't get my studies done at all since I had to read like 15+ books of this size per semester (and remember the main content for the exams) ;)

I had a 900 pages sociology book, now that was torture :scry
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well eni reads like 1000 (rounded to 250) mangas, but then again also reading long books on top of that, plus modding the forums and taking care of the kids, meh you don't sleep do you?
She must enjoy it on some level.. i personally couldn't, i'll just be punishing myself
 

Essence

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone here like Drake (r n b star) those songs can make a girl feel you if you sing it right lool
Drake is my favorite rapper, i like all his songs especially Best i ever had, i hope he drop an album soon
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
aren't you guys going to make that username thread in the funforum?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
--------> The Book Thread

I can't see how eni is bs'ing tbh...
It's not hard reading and what she's saying is nothing show-off... I read the 3 first HP books when I was 13 in English and it took me around a weekend...
I also for example revise for exams... it's usually around 70-100pages we're going to read and I can easy study 12hours during a weekend + breaks for working out and hanging with friends and partying and still remember what I read. It's all about determination while you're doing it ^_^
 

Essence

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
aren't you guys going to make that username thread in the funforum?
Well i do hope they make it and i was among the one who said they shold do so, if they do my name would make the top ten Right, Right?
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think we shud all vote.. anyone who thinks the thread shoud be made says aye...
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
--------> The Book Thread

I can't see how eni is bs'ing tbh...
It's not hard reading and what she's saying is nothing show-off... I read the 3 first HP books when I was 13 in English and it took me around a weekend...
I also for example revise for exams... it's usually around 70-100pages we're going to read and I can easy study 12hours during a weekend + breaks for working out and hanging with friends and partying and still remember what I read. It's all about determination while you're doing it ^_^
there's a big difference between the first three harry potter books (which I could easily read all in the same day) and the LotR trilogy.
 
Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah, but I also added that I read them in English and I was only 13years old.

I can read the LotR trilogy in... ah maybe it'll take a little more than a week but it should not take too long.. To be frankly it also depends if you're reading it intensively or if you're quick-reading it. Quick-reading would prolly go faster.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I just took my time reading it, and thats why it took me 3 months to finally finish that dam book... but seems you guys read often so, might tke you less longer than i
 

Essence

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, but I also added that I read them in English and I was only 13years old.

I can read the LotR trilogy in... ah maybe it'll take a little more than a week but it should not take too long.. To be frankly it also depends if you're reading it intensively or if you're quick-reading it. Quick-reading would prolly go faster.
Lotr is not that hard to read, altough it takes a while, the hardest to read for me would be The Similarion which explain the LoTR universe, i try reading that but i got confuse with the names and the story was so vast.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^Re: Reading speeds

I'm with eni. I can read a 500 page book in a few hours, without skimming. *shrug*. I was able to read at a 12th grade level when I was in 5th grade. I've always enjoyed doing it and I've always been damn good at it. I have ~3000 books or more in my home, and I have read them all anywhere from 1-50 times, depending on the novel. That doesn't even include the ones I've tossed after reading because I didn't like it/wouldn't ever read it again. Some people are just exceptionally good and efficient at reading. Females moreso than males, according to research.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Reading a book the fastest doesn't mean anything. It's the ability to gather the knowledge in and remember it. What's the point in readings books really fast if you forget even the basic things in the story or any other non fiction? I'd say it's best to take your time...
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Who says I forget anything? Reading fast doesn't mean that you don't get the full effect of it. It just means your brain can understand and process things quicker than average. Like I said, I don't skim, I read it word for word.
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just fyi, reading level doesn't really relate to reading speed. I was a slow reader in the 4th grade but I was already comprehending 12th grade material. Hence, I was reading at a 12th grade level. G.A.T.E. FTW
 
Last edited:

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Reading a 500 page book in a few hours is literally called skim reading. It's impossible to read everything in a 500 page book in a "few" hours word for word, and understand every detail and plot etc.

If that's truly the case then you must re-read the book over and over again to understand everything in a few hours whilst with me I take my time and understand mostly everything when I read the book the first time.
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Now Now alex calm down. Maybe LH can do it. Dont doubt her she was once a....MOD!!! lool

Nah but I understand what alext is saying because reading does take a lot of time when it comes to books those sizes. But if LH can do it then, give me your reading skills when I next read a book
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top