Discussion Your manga collection (with pictures!)

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z all volumes. (in my country DB is divided in 32 vol. and DBZ in 25 vol. total of 57) I spent lots of money in this (i was 10 didn't had as much money as now)and it took lots of time they realesed the vol. biweekly.
And Medabots vol 1 and 2
They release manga in Portugal??
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No pictures, my collection is shy :p

Gintama 1 - 11
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 1 - 3
We Were There (Bokura ga Ita) 1
Black Bird 1
Kimi ni Todoke 1
Mushishi 1 - 4
Honey and Clover 1 - 4
Solanin (bunkobon, includes both volumes)
D. Gray Man 1 - 11
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Went to Books-A-Million today and picked up 4 new graphic novels.

No pictures this time lol

Uzumaki vol. 3 (final volume)
Dogs - Bullets and Carnage- vol. 1
20th Century Boys vol. 1-2

All very great reads and additions to my collection :D
 

RomanDogBird

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
English:

Bleach 1-8
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
Cowa!
Death Note 1-13
Detective Conan / Case Closed 1-4
Dr. Slump 1-18
Dragon Ball 1-42 (Dragon Ball 1-16 & Dragon Ball Z 1-26) & Daizenshuu 1 - The Complete Illustrations
Eyeshield 21 1-3
FLCL 1-2
Gin Tama 1-11, 15-18
Hunter X Hunter 1-26
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 1 (Jp 13)
Naruto 1
One Piece 1-53 & Color Walk 1
Reborn! 1
Rurouni Kenshin 1-4
Saint Seiya / Knights of the Zodiac 1
Sandland
Shaman King 1
Slam Dunk 1
Toriko 1
Trigun 1
Yu-Gi-Oh! 1
YuYu Hakusho 1-19

Magazines:

Shonen Jump Issues 1-33 (Jan. 2003 - Sep. 2005), and Issue 5 of 2008

Japanese:

Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo 1, 2, and ?
Dr. Slump 18
Dragon Ball 16 & 17, the Super Exciting Guides, and Vol. 1 (of the Kanzenban)
Hunter X Hunter 27
Kochikame 1, 2, & 164
Nekomajin (Kanzenban)
One Piece 1, 2, 32-54, and the guidebooks (Red, Blue, and Yellow)
Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar 1
Toriko 1
WANTED!

Magazines:

Weekly Jump Vol. 20 (of 2007), Vol. 28 and Vol. 37/38 (of 2009), and Vol. 05/06 and Vol. 26 (of 2010)
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Fnac has lots of mangas and there are some stores of manga and western comics.
That's where I buy mine too. They only used to sell French versions before, but now they've got them in English as well. At least they helped me with my French :tem.
 

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
My collection is really random, and some don't belong to me alone.:XD
Mostly in English:
Princess Princess - 3,4,5
Godchild - 1,3,5,6,7,8
Bastard!! - 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
High School Debut - 1,2,3
Oyayubihime Infinity - 1,2
Alice 19th - 1,2
Death Note - 1,2 (Norwegian, I think)
Absolute Boyfriend - 1
Aishiteruze baby - 1
Yotsuba&! - 1
Junjou Romantica - 1
Genshiken - 1
BECK - 1
Rave - 1
Azumanga Daioh - 1
Tramps like us (Kimi wa petto) - 2
Beauty is the beast - 3
Skip Beat! - 9
Rurouni Kenshin - 15
Nana - 1,2 (Japanese)
07-Ghost - 3 (Japanese)
NOiSE - 1 (Complete)
Toraware gokko - 1,2 (Japanese)

 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Detective Conan : 1-51
Naruto : 1-45
Bleach : 1-27
One Piece : 1-46
Death Note : 1-12
Eyeshield21 : 1-2
Yu Yu Hakusho : 1-17
Dragon Ball : 1-16
Gintama : 1-11

:amuse
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Finally got some pictures:
Half of the stuff is in backrow.

Just some Nausicaä, Akira, and drawing guides there, in addition to western comics and novels

This is my sisters collection actually, but the Death Notes are mine. And I kinda wished the L plushie was mine too, shame it isn't. She has them in her room because of I have a lack of space.

Seems like some books are missing in the pics though. They are probaply lying on my desk.

Moderator Notice:
It's very interesting to see how other countries set up the book spines, I want that L plushie! ~ I'm_Akiyama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Nice collection Ustegius I wished there were more manga avaiable at my country and they could less expensive to.

At my country they cost arround 7 euros that's about 10 us dollars each tank. How much do they cost in other countries?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
It depends on the publisher. Del Ray (Kodansha) costs anywhere from $10.99 to 12.99. VIZ (Shueisha, Shogakukan, miscellaneous) has Shonen Jump series at $7.99, Shojo Beat at $8.99, Shonen Sunday at $9.99, and VIZ Signature (seinen/josei) at $12.99. Shonen Jump and (I think) Shojo Beat will go up to $9.99 this fall. Yen Press, Tokypop, and Dark Horse are priced the same as Del Ray.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yep, the publisher means a lot. In here english manga are 8/11 euros. 8 euros all Shonen Jump, and others 11. Finnish editions are a little cheaper. Sangatsu Manga is usually 5,9 euros (OP, Naruto, Furuba, and other mainstream stuff). Egmont is 5,9/6,9 (Death Note, Conan, Hellsing). Ivrea and Punainen Jättiläinen (Red Giant) publish mainly seinen and not so popular stuff, so its a bit more expensive, though usually better printing quality (Yotsuba, Vagabond (Has color pages), Gunnm). However there are differences inside the publisher too, depending on the series. Nausicaä (by Sangatsu manga) is for example 9,90.

So yeah, it's between 5-10 euros. The average price has risen a lot. When the first first series begun, the prices where 4,5e for every series (though back then there were only Dragonball, Conan, and One Piece). Now ~6/7 euros is the avarage.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm pissed the price of Shonen Jump went up. The only series I buy is Tegami Bachi and Gintama but still. Shojo Beat manga only went up a dollar but I buy more shojo, it hurts more. Since I work at a bookstore and get a good employ discount (33% :)) I won't feel it to bad.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
lucky you kaiten for having that discount when Dragon Ball was first published here it was about 4,5 euros that's about 6,5 dollars now the cheapest mangas are about 10 us dollars.
 

Horsee

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
102
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
In Hungary the first manga price was 1500 Forints. It's about 8 USD or 5.5 €. Then it raised up to 2000 Forints (10.5 USD or 7.5 €). But some publishers uses dusk jacket and color pages like the original japanese manga. And the online bookstores gives 20% discount. The english language manga price is really high: an 8 USD manga cost 2100-2500 Forints (11.5-13.5 USD or 7.75-9 €). I get my Yen Plus issues for 2500 Ft.

Edit: You can get german language manga for ~1900 Ft (10 USD or 7 €).
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Shonen Jump and (I think) Shojo Beat will go up to $9.99 this fall. Yen Press, Tokypop, and Dark Horse are priced the same as Del Ray.
Shonen Jump price up to $9.99?! Dammit all....that's why I continued to buy them so much because they were cheaper than the rest...they are gonna lose sells...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think the October volumes will go up in price.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Since I love updating on this thread about my collection, I think I'll do it again :amuse

Today, after much serching over the past few months, I finally got Slam Dunk vol. 3 and Ral Grad vol. 3. Both still at $7.99. Which makes this thought pop in my head:

Kaiten: Will the price of of the English Jump graphic novels all go up to $9.99 in October including the ones already out or just the ones released form that time onward?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't know if the older volumes will be repriced. Once the first $9.99 volume comes out I'll check at work. My guess is they won't, at least in the immediate future.
 

Big Al

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Just passing by and saw this thread, so I give it a go, lol.

AD Police
Bleach Vol.1

...That's the lot, lol!

I know it not good but I am trying to make a collection of my own but dunno about that yet.

Oh! Quick question guy? Are all your manga are in Japenese or English or whatever? Only asking cuz both manga I got are in English (Bleach Vol.1 make no bloody sense in English) and I thinking of make a collection in English but I hear alot of people collection in japenese, so I don't know which one should I start to collection (if I am).
 
Top