Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

They are trying to pimp anedoki

No bashing of other manga please ;)-I'm_Akiyama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Not happy about Ane Doki falling to the bottom five. What does four color in a row mean for Reborn? Unless it's ending it better not get color in four straight issues.
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Trash? I do not like how you word it... :O
Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and such, but going to the extent of calling someone's work as 'trash?' A bit extreme, no?

I think every manga that has been created and will be created deserves a chance, no?

Sorry, sorry, a bit off topic.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

What does four color in a row mean for Reborn? Unless it's ending it better not get color in four straight issues.
I think Reborn is having four colours in a row because maybe there are big project coming up for Reborn. Maybe it is having a first film, a musical, or something.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

This thread (and the WSJ LJ) has a long tradition of animosity towards school life/comedy/romance/slice of life manga. Gintama aside most members seem to dislike and predict doom for anything but action series. Shame really, while not a classic like Hatsukoi or Ichigo 100%, Ane Doki is a good read. Lot's of typically great Kawashita characters, great art and a fun story. Certainly a lot better then more generic action.


I think Reborn is having four colours in a row because maybe there are big project coming up for Reborn. Maybe it is having a first film, a musical, or something.
Good help us, not a musical. The Bleach musical was cracktastic enough :darn
 
Last edited:

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Wow, that's honestly messed up. I mean, really messed up.
That ticks me off a bit, I mean, I really love manga...

Yeah, Ane Dokii is really a good read...
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

You must be f*cking kidding me...4 straight weeks of CPs? That's just absurd...whatever that "scoop" is Koneta speaks of it's a complete farce giving that many limelight to an already established series, IMO.

[I skipped over some CP database and in the past 9 years this happened twice. (Last series to receive such a thing was Death Note in '05 and apart from that it was Jaguar! in its beginning but that doesn't really count since Jaguar had like 12 CPs in its first 18 weeks or so, as a Jaguar! fanboy I counted them some time ago...)]

Apart from that, sad to see Ane-doki falling back. And it seems like Akaboshi tries its best but it can't really get out of that hole...
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi rises the day after I start reading it.

I've developed superpowers.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well, this was late.



Issue 44=Bottom 6

Akaboshi
Wajima
Ane Dokii
Psyren
Medaka
Kagijin

Issue 45
Lead CP: Reborn (going to have 4 colours on a row!!:o + I think Reborn is having a big announcement)
CP: Ane Dokii, Psyren
Medaka has fallen back down. I think it could possibly jump next week since that is the end of the arc. Maybe the week after that if they like Kikaijima's character. I'm still curious about how it will sell next month.

I'm disappointed that Ane Doki has fallen too but its should still be alright for now.

Same with Psyren although it seems to have gone back to bottom dwelling.

I'm looking forward to the Ane Doki and Psyren colors.

Not happy about Ane Doki falling to the bottom five. What does four color in a row mean for Reborn? Unless it's ending it better not get color in four straight issues.
Nah, Reborn is still in the middle of the Byakuran+Real Funeral Wreaths confrontation. After that there is still the Arcobaleno to deal with. An ending is still probably 2 years off at the minimum.
 
Last edited:

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

bottom 5:

Akaboshi
Wajima
Ane Dokî
Psyren
Medaka Box
Kagijin


#45 (05/10) :
Reborn (Couv, Page Couleur + Scoop)
Ane Dokî, Psyren (Page Couleur)

#46 (12/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)

#47 (19/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)

#48 (26/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#46 (12/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)

#47 (19/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)

#48 (26/10) :
Reborn (Page Couleur)


I call bs. This has never happened in Jump, has it? 4 PC in a row.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren finally getting color again is worth celebrating!

Since Koneta has never really posted fake spoilers I'm not ready to call Reborn BS. It is rare but as Mr. Prince said Death Note and Jaguar have both gotten as many or more in a row. I'm not happy about it but I'll assume it's true until proven wrong. Considering Reborn is one of the most popular current series - only behind OP, Naruto, and Bleach - it is conceivable.
 
Last edited:

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

a big announcement for reborn
it's rare to see so many colors pages in a row
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hah, assuming it actually gets each of those colors for the next month Reborn will equal the likes of Beelzebub in the color department this year. As well as being one ahead of Bleach and Kuroko until #44 comes out.

With that many colors in a row, it has to be something colossal.
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well, I was hoping Mago would get cover this or next issue, guess I still have to wait. I can't wait to see the scoop about reborn. As long as it's not a musical, there's no problem, though I would be glad if it's a movie. But really, did OP, Naruto or Bleach ever get this kind of treatment? I hope Gintama will get whatever it is reborn getting
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

So Medaka comes back down again~~~ it's in the danger zone for sure now.
And seems like Kagijin is hopeless.
So we finally see Waji coming down to Bottom 5.
Yey for Psyren color :D

and what is up with reborn... Something happened?is it like an anniversary or something?
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Not an anniversary for reborn Hitman I guess...would it be a movie adaptation?
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It has to be a movie announcement. The manga is not even close to being finished. I can't really see them making a Reborn drama, so a movie is about the only announcement that would be big enough.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm not even sure a movie would be enough to warrant that much color. That's insane. Maybe the end of the future arc and a movie announcement. Maybe I'm thinking on to grand a scale.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Live-action adaption is ..... impossible.
They can't be doing it for reaching 300th chapter. Same goes for movie.
Maybe it won an award? (very unlikely :P)
I guess we will have to wait for the "scoop".

Whatever the case, the mangaka is making huge money with all those colors.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top