Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
576
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Reading:

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Bakuman
Beelzebub
Psyren

Too few.....

I don't read Gintama but I watch the anime. Attempted to watch it mainly because of Sugita's voice and got hooked ever since :D Man I love his voice. He's really funny. lol
 

Searinghawk

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Current WSJ List (in no order):
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Nurarihyon no Mago
Medaka Box
Psyren
Bakuman
Toriko
Reborn
Ane Doki

Never really got into Beelzebub, it has the occasional part that i like, but overall its not my cup of tea, despite its hype and popularity. I also never got into gag manga, i just never really enjoyed them.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Here is the completely updated list once again.

  1. Bleach, One Piece with a total of 30 times listed.
  2. Bakuman with a total of 29 times listed.
  3. Naruto with a total of 27 times listed.
  4. Psyren, Beelzebub with a total of 23 times listed.
  5. Reborn, Toriko with a total of 20 times listed.
  6. Akaboshi, Mago with a total of 18 times listed.
  7. Medaka with a total of 17 times listed.
  8. Ane Doki with a total of 16 times listed.
  9. Kuroko, Gintama with a total of 11 times listed.
  10. Sket Dance with a total of 10 times listed.
  11. Kagijin, Rilienthal with a total of 7 times listed.
  12. Jaguar with a total of 6 times listed.
  13. Shinigami with a total of 4 times listed.
  14. Inumaru, Kochikame, Wasshoi with 2 time listed.

Total of 34 different lists.
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Apart from that, I'm very surprised Bleach can keep up with great titles like Bakuman and One Piece. 'Cause this thread's always been (rightly) critical and discerning about Bleach.
Personally, I'm just following it half-assed out of habit.

Logically speaking, we'd have to all read it in order to critically abuse it as we do.
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

my current wsj list :

one piece
bakuman
beelzebub
psyren
bleach
naruto
mago
reborn
medaka box
akaboshi
kagijin
kuroko
ane doki

sket dance and toriko on hold.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mago
One Piece
Toriko
Bleach
Naruto
Bakuman
Gintama
Reborn
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1649524 said:
Logically speaking, we'd have to all read it in order to critically abuse it as we do.
I've always felt a little sorry for Bleach; there are many Jump titles past and present that are worse. I'm personally fond of bashing le Visiteur and Poseidon ^^
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Bleach is so popular because of Hope. Kubo did GREAT in the first 2 arcs, and now is just getting repetitive.


At least that's what I think. I keep reading it for the occasional good chapter (and rarely great), but that's pretty much it. Hoping it can go back to what it was.

To me, Reborn! was in that 'not as good as before' road recently, right now is constantly delivering.

One Piece is falling a bit but it constantly delivers, Bakuman and Toriko have their up and downs (more ups) and Naruto is idk... it constantly delivers nice chapters, but not great chapters.

Psyren started great, and then went downhill.


The one I always look forward every week is Reborn!, specially now. Basically because I think it's has everything a great shonen must have: Comedy, some mystery (and not those last pages that leave you hangin', more like mystery inside each chapter), fighting scenes (good and not too long ones), story and character development (that happens often and not twice a fricking year) and the last 'suspense' page. Also, characters actually think how to defeat their enemies instead of randomly throwing attacks. It also values friendship and have some soft romantic relationships.
 
Last edited:

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1649524 said:
Logically speaking, we'd have to all read it in order to critically abuse it as we do.
i agree with you, [Cross]
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

One Piece
Psyren
Naruto
Beelzebub
Bakuman
Bleach

here is my list.
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Well than i will add my list too
In Order:

One Piece
Bakuman
Naruto
Psyren
Toriko
Reborn!
Beelzebub
Ane-doki
Medaka Box

Kuroko no Basket(Edited Manga issue)
Akaboshi(ending)

Planning to read: Gintama Sket Dance and Mago

Dropped until it ends: Bleach
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

As far as Bleach goes, I'm like Xadyu in that I don't like dropping manga even if I think its bad. That is why I still keep up with Naruto too. Worst case scenario, I don't get around to reading it for years.

Not to say I'm unfair. I've given each at least a few arcs to bounce back but they just....haven't. Reborn would probably have been close to them but it got better after the Melone Base attack. Which felt like it was Bleach 2.0 at that period. -___-

[Cross];1649524 said:
Logically speaking, we'd have to all read it in order to critically abuse it as we do.
I must admit, it is nice having a punching bag that I know will keep on sucking and that I can take shots at in almost every week.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Uh...I only really read Gintama. ^^;; Sket occasionally, and Beelze ocassionally, but that's about it.
....
...
Okay I lied. I read One piece....but I usually just read the spoilers and not the actual chapter. I guess I am just a huge Shogakukan fanboy. (Hangs head and leaves thread in shame.)
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

One Piece
Hunter x Hunter (when it's not on hiatus obviously)
Mago
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
Psyren
Akaboshi
Naruto
Bleach
Reborn
Bakuman

Everything from Naruto down I don't really like anymore, but still keep reading out of habit.

Also been meaning to read more of Gintama, Toriko and Jaguar sometime.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

BDR said:
Uh...I only really read Gintama. ^^;; Sket occasionally, and Beelze ocassionally, but that's about it.
....
...
Okay I lied. I read One piece....but I usually just read the spoilers and not the actual chapter. I guess I am just a huge Shogakukan fanboy. (Hangs head and leaves thread in shame.)
No shame in being a Shogakukan fanboy, even if Sunday has decided to act like Jump all of a sudden. My feelings about that are best left for elsewhere. I'm a Shogakukan seinen fanboy, at least. You'd probably like Mago, Bomber. It's a style of action you normally like.
 
Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I am reading... nothing. Not one current WSJ series. Makes me wonder why I'm even in this thread. :P I've lost interest in manga generally, though - there are only three series I'd say I read, and all are (now) in Jump SQ.

However, I *have* read (and plan on catching up to one day - just not now): Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Reborn, Mago (loved that one, too - it was the only other series besides DGM in WSJ I read for a while, and it'd be among the first I'd pick up again), Sket, and a little Gintama. I feel like I know what most of the other series are like just from reading this thread. =P

Now, if Viz brought something like Mago or Bakuman to Shonen Jump, which I do keep up with... that'd be awesome.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

VIZ has licensed Bakuman and Toriko but have not said when they will start in Shonen Jump. No Mago yet.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Toriko will start in the February issue and Bakuman will start in the May issue.

Hold on, I know something that Kaiten doesn't know. (lives in this brief moment of satisfaction)

Moderator Notice:
Revel in that "brief moment" :p~ Kaiten.Sama
 

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

my list is (in order) :
one piece
naruto
psyren
bleach
reborn
Beelzebub
toriko
HxH (when is return)
akaboshi (but is end)


I am surprised to see so many people read bleach. in arab countries naruto number one , one piece second and later third place bleach.
for other manga (in general not only jump) will be some hundreds readers, and I'm pessimist
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Among Jump series Naruto is number 1 in the U.S., Bleach is number 2. One Piece is middling here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top