All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The Gotei 13 from Bleach count as government enforcement, right?
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ya, also to help people out, you could go with Kings/Queens or someone who was a dictator etc etc~ I already have a new idea that comes from one of my most favorite series~
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

government >_<
tough one for me... nothing comes to mind...
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think I'll go with a corruption type sig... the only thing that really comes to mind
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The Gotei 13 from Bleach count as government enforcement, right?
Yes. It definitely does. :nod I only gave the Naruto example in the thread because I didn't want to limit your creativity (I don't know how people feel about using the ideas I give out as examples; so, I try not to give out too many. :tem), but if you are unsure about something, please just throw the idea out. :kkthumbs


On another note, I wanted to get the opinions of you guys here on this.

I have not ever received such a complaint from any of you whom I regularly see in the contest. Personally, I like the current setup of a biweekly contest with the seasonal contest every four months, but if you guys are unhappy about how things are, I would definitely take that into consideration.

So, please let me know what you think, and then I will respond to the request afterward. :hbunny
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The contest being bi-weekly is perfect.
Why? because we, participants, will get bored of waiting and will eventually forget the contest and quit...
I totally disagree with changing the contest status to mounthly because I don't like waiting :S Instead I wouldn't mind if it becomes weekly :D ...
I come here for motivation! Being able to compete with other artists and following a precise theme is something that you cannot do on your own. Furthermore, graphix play an important role in the manga universe, so instead of making a competition each mounth, I suggest that we add even more contests so that people who are interested in this field may find something to do when they finish reading and replying to people's posts in the discussion threads...

That's just my opinion, and I will accept any good decision with solid arguments.
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think bi-weekly is really good... one week for thinking and one for executing XD
Too long dead lines just don`t work with me... even though we would have more time to discuss ideas, I think the pressure of a short dead line is better than the lazyness of having a month to do it... hope you guys understand this @__@
I think the most difficult part of a bi-weekly contest is thinking of the themes, actually XD


oh, and I kind of had an idea for my sig now XD
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I agree with not changing it.I get bored waiting for voting results and for the other theme to be posted :XD More time would mean more pressure IMO. When you have too many ideas, it can be a bad thing to choose which sig to use.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I agree with Shin and the others. I like the bi-weekly setup and if it was to change I'd want it to become weekly, but this would be bad for my school work. If someone is bored because of the frequency of the contest then they should just participate once a month, otherwise the more themes the better, because each one encourages a new creative process.

Also, here is my idea for the government theme. I kinda went with the idea of a government enforcer and government orders. I wanted to ask if this sig seems theme appropriate, and see what you guys think. I know I shouldn't try to make sigs with so many renders because I'm not skilled enough to pull them all together, but I gave it my best shot since I've always wanted to make a Itachi sig and I thought this was a good opportunity to do so.

 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@DeBaron - It's a great idea and I think it fits pretty well with the theme. The texts are a bit hard to read, and I think it's a bit too dark. But I guess you wanted it dark right? :p

I was thinking of doing a Naruto sig as well. A corruption sig about Tobi controlling Yagura(4th Mizukage) But it's kinda hard to find the right image of Yagura.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

About the monthly signature contest idea...I've replied in the appropriate thread. I would love to get some feedback on it! :hbunny
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Kakashi - Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know that it looks dark and the text is hard to read. I'll look at it on another monitor, as mine is both large and bright, which I think makes it easier to see details. Several times I've looked at my sigs on my laptop and realize that they are way to dark or the text is hard to read.:s I think you're idea sounds quite interesting, it's a very good example of government corruption. I hope you find the render you're looking for.

If you want something from the manga, mabye try the GFC website, they color most chapters, although I'm not sure if they'd be on chapter 507 yet, which has some panels of Yagura. Sometimes it also helps to look up their artists on Deviant Art.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Got an idea last night while looking at some renders and came up with this:


The text needs to change, just wanted to know what you guys think. :tem
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Im not sure how I feel about the character yet, but the blue moon/clouds, the stars and text are cool
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Got an idea last night while looking at some renders and came up with this:


The text needs to change, just wanted to know what you guys think. :tem
Odin from Final Fantasy series ^^ ... I liked that summon so much back then.
Anyway, there is too much free space in the signature. Try making a smaller one Kakashi...
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi - I like the render itself and the moon an clouds look very cool.:) I agree with Shin, if you want to use that render the sig should be smaller. At least 50+px less wide and ~25px shorter, or somthing like that. Or you could also fill the space some more with a fractal, C4D or some painting of your own, if you want a bigger sig. Although even then, I think the render will look a bit small. So in this case mabye make the horse and rider bigger if you can. I also agree with your own point that the text needs another font, but I like what it says. Hope this helps.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks for all the feedback :D

I didn't want to make the render too big because of the moon...I was thinking of putting a castle on the right side and make the sig a bit smaller,but if it doesn't look good I'll just make it smaller and try some other stuff.

Thanks again for all the feedback :thumbs
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I tried to make my sig a bit brighter and the text easier to read. Although I'm not sure if it made it better or worse. Any thoughts?

 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ah yes it's much easier to read.And it didn't change the sig too much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top