Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I think c133 was the one that would have been ranked normally. And that one deserves to be on a high position even if the voters say otherwise. It was simply a great chapter.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
So apparantly, next week something called DOIS SOL is starting. Ok, well it's got a weird title. If only titles let you know anything about a series.
DOIS SOL = TWO SUN

That's portuguese with mistake in the plural form (or not, we'll see when it comes out).

For curiosity, correct plural: dois sóis = two suns

If it is a sci-fi story, I will read it. 2 suns makes me think in "2010: a space odissey II" (i loved it).
^_^
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
200 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/02/02(水) 14:11:54 ID:FrxwVeMb0
181 名前:T ◆PecpvbY4/. [] 投稿日:2011/02/02(水) 14:07:11 発信元:143.90.177.89
NO.10 ドべ5(ドべより)
右翼
めだか
動物
こちかめ
黒子

次から4週連続新連載
1はサッカー漫画 DOIS SOL(ドイソル)
2メルヘンギャグ系 メルヘン王子グリム
3魔法ファンタジー系 MAGICO
4 戦国バトル系 戦国ARMORS
It looks like there going to be four new series coming up:

Issue 11: DOIS SOL by Murase Katsutoshi (author of K.O.SEN) = soccer manga
Issue 12: Meruhen Ouji Grim by Watanabe Kizuku = gag manga
Issue 13: MAGICO = magic/fantasy manga
Issue 14: Sengoku ARMORS by Sakaki Shouta = historical/battle manga

Not sure who is mangaka for MAGICO, but I, peronally, think the author is Katayama Yousuke (author who did the one shot called Arata no Tsukumogami on 2010) because he did released one shot with similar name and genre on 2008, called Magicolo ~Magic Colosseum~.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Very nice to see Toriko on top. Well deserved, a manga that has to be discovered by a lot of people. Bakuman is impressive too. The story is getting better and you see some reflection of it in its ratings.

I can't give a judgement about oumagadoki and medaka box since the two regular bottom dwellers Mago and Shinigami have a CP which is some fixed spot you can't take into account

About the new series: another soccer manga? Seriously? Does this have to do with Japan's Asia Cup win? There's been two cancelled ones before (My Star/Meister and shounen shikku) and there's a bottom runner nowadays in this genre. I don't understand it
 
Last edited:

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
About the new series: another soccer manga? Seriously? Does this have to do with Japan's Asia Cup win? There's been two cancelled ones before (My Star/Meister and some other I forgot) and there's a bottom runner nowadays in this genre. I don't understand it
I also thought about it, when I read that there will be a another soccer manga, or an one-shot about soccer.
I want a manga about american football, ice hockey or something non famous sport ( like Eyeshield21 ) as an another 201 manga about soccer or baseball >.>
 

MIhata

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
54
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A soccer manga...another soccer manga? Look I get that soccer is popular but one thing Japan has to realize is this: Captain Tsubasa succeeded because soccer was such a novelty in 1981...and now it's everywhere. I personally think that they should experiment and allow for something new to work it's way in considering how we've had one major new sports series every decade in the 80s (Tsubasa), 90s (Slam Dunk) and 00s (Eyeshield 21)...and to just keep using the same ones isn't going to help in any way.

As for the actual ranks...well, thumbs up on Toriko beating Naruto. I really need to catch up on the series but I've been reading it weekly and there is a lot of imagination to it, making high ranks well deserved.
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Sedeq, Inumaru Dashi is spelled like that. And it doesn't nor never had an explanation point.
Ok, fixed :tem
Thank you for telling me :amuse
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, Medaka...I pray it'll rise back through the rankings next week. Same with Reborn. At least Enigma's ranked pretty high this week.

Anyone know what next week's color pages are gonna be?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
What? More soccer manga? :fail Well, good luck to it...

But I'm happy to finally see some new series and not just one-shots week after week. I'll pass on the soccer manga and the gag one, but Magico and Sengoku Armors I might take a look at since I like their genres. I think I might have read Sengoku Armors' one-shot, but have absolutely no recollection of it :blink ... And that's kinda bad.

I hope Oumagadoki survives this, though :s And Mago, too :darn

Koen said:
Bakuman is impressive too. The story is getting better and you see some reflection of it in its ratings.
The chapter of Bakuman that's being ranked wasn't anything spectacular... I want to see how 114 (epic Hiramaru-centric chapter) and 117/118 (Nanamine-centric) rank :tem


@Divinenega
11号 DOIS SOL巻頭カラー
DOIS SOL gets the Lead CP next issue. No info yet on center colors.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm also rather impressed with those manga-ka who try to get soccer manga running after seeing all those failures.Maybe this one will somehow try something new like soccer with the ball on fire or the people on fire.I don't know,something exciting and new.

Congrats to Toriko for beating Naruto.I have to read the new chapters.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Completely disinterested in the prospect of yet another Soccer manga by the KO Sen guy.

Looking forward to Sengoku Armors though.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh come on Medaka you are better than this. You better rise next week.

This is an excellent top 2. I would be happy seeing this order on a regular basis. I am happy to see Bakuman in the top 4 as well.

Also yay another soccer manga! I can not wait for it to sink like a rock and be the new stepping stone. My guess is 3/4 of these will fail but since I am only interested in 2 I can live with that.

Dammit Medaka. :(

Anybody know the exact chapter this ranking was base on?
Normally I would know this but I have been out of the loop the last month or so.
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
There are 4 new series but how much place is in the magazine? 2 Series were cancelled during the last cancelation round, right? Light Wing is a goner too so this means that there is 1 series that might is getting cancelled. I'm afraid it might will be Omagadoki Zoo.

The other thing that I found strange is the order in which the new series are getting released. When they have more than one One-shot for awards the editorial stuff usually places them in the order that the most promising One-shot is released first and so on. But for the new series they did the exact opposite. They placed the Series that most likely will get cancelled first and the most promising last.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
There are 4 new series but how much place is in the magazine? 2 Series were cancelled during the last cancelation round, right? Light Wing is a goner too so this means that there is 1 series that might is getting cancelled. I'm afraid it might will be Omagadoki Zoo.

The other thing that I found strange is the order in which the new series are getting released. When they have more than one One-shot for awards the editorial stuff usually places them in the order that the most promising One-shot is released first and so on. But for the new series they did the exact opposite. They placed the Series that most likely will get cancelled first and the most promising last.
There are already/going to be 4 places for new series. Out of those 4 new series, Grim most likely going to be replacement for Jaguar's hole, and other 3 new series going to fill the holes of SWOT, Psyren, and Light Wing (it is matter of time to end). So, I don't think Oumagadoki going to be axed on this round.

For the order of new series, I think soccer manga going to start first because the author is experienced mangaka, and I think other three are by newbies. For new series order, the editors tend to put the experienced mangakas new work in front and newbies' work on back.

Also, I think we are little too judgemental about Dois Sol going to axe because it is another soccer manga. I think we should make judgement about this series when chapter 1 is released.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I take it Light Wing is confirmed for dead then, if there's a new soccer manga. Ugh.

Issue 11: DOIS SOL by Murase Katsutoshi (author of K.O.SEN) = soccer manga
Dead on arrival. The editors need to stop this. Constantly throwing soccer manga at the readers isn't going to guarantee that one of them sticks.

Issue 12: Meruhen Ouji Grim by Watanabe Kizuku = gag manga
I have a soft spot for gag manga. And they usually end up sticking around for a good run (if they're good). So we'll see.

Issue 13: MAGICO = magic/fantasy manga
I love the magic genre. But again, we'll see.

Issue 14: Sengoku ARMORS by Sakaki Shouta = historical/battle manga
I'm the most excited about this one. I love historical battle manga when they're done correctly.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
SENGOKU ARMORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It better be as entertaining as the oneshot was :tem I've been waiting for this moment since the oneshot came out!

As for the soccer one, well maybe the author of K.O. Sen can manage to use his previous experience of being canceled with the knowledge that the last three soccer manga have been busts to maybe make this one last.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Who has the color page in issue #11?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
There are 4 new series but how much place is in the magazine? 2 Series were cancelled during the last cancelation round, right? Light Wing is a goner too so this means that there is 1 series that might is getting cancelled. I'm afraid it might will be Omagadoki Zoo.
Only Light wing will be cancelled. Oumagadoki has a new arc which recently started. Going by the fact that the meeting is already over, the manga had a green light for a new arc. If one is going to end, it'll be Light Wing. There'll be three spots for those three manga. A gag manga doesn't necessarily need a sacrificial lamb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top