Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Directed by the person who brought us both Neuro and Rainbow

I have absolutely no idea whether to be terrified or excited.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh yeah, it's Nihon TV not Fuji TV. My mistake.

I don't SEE anywhere where they made the declaration that the HXH anime is starting over from the beginning, but usually ANN is pretty good with their sources. I guess that was mentioned somewhere in "Source: Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web, Comic Natalie".
They do say that. I hope at least THEY have their facts right. I'd kinda rather they just go from the Chimera Ant arc, but I guess they decided this way would be more profitable. It also makes you wonder how the serialization is gonna go from now. Does a "full anime" mean they think they can animate the entire manga from beginning to end? Is Togashi going to return to schedule so the anime won't just catch up in a couple years? Guess we'll see. I'm hoping to see some screenshots soon. And seeing as it's starting 2 months from today in Japan, I'd expect that stuff to all come out pretty soon.
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
About the HxH this sure is excellent news but what do you think will be the pacing?

I did a few checks about the pacing and well while watching the anime the pace felt really good but I think it was also due to me not being aware if there were any fillers inserted anywhere.

At a quick check at wiki the anime spawning 62 episodes covered about 105 chapters which compared to today's standard of anime is sluggish, (One piece covering 100 at about EP45, Bleach which was crazy did it at 32, Naruto at a good pace IMHO at about 60).

it might not be the best place to ask it but rather at the HxH forum, as we know Madhouse is not ones to do fillers anywhere and are much more about quality than quantity also not being known do deal with longer than a year (Kiba, 1 exception is HNI) production, how many episodes do you assume the series will be?
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They do say that. I hope at least THEY have their facts right. I'd kinda rather they just go from the Chimera Ant arc, but I guess they decided this way would be more profitable. It also makes you wonder how the serialization is gonna go from now. Does a "full anime" mean they think they can animate the entire manga from beginning to end? Is Togashi going to return to schedule so the anime won't just catch up in a couple years? Guess we'll see. I'm hoping to see some screenshots soon. And seeing as it's starting 2 months from today in Japan, I'd expect that stuff to all come out pretty soon.
Weill, I think they will make this anime from the beginning til the end of the chimera arc.*
So they will be more as 62 episodes. The first Hajime No Ippo-Series had also 75 episodes done by madhouse.

It will have, of course, better pacing and filler-free-episodes. ( Madhouse doesn´t do any filler-episodes )

Waht I´m a little scared is, the screening-time. We will have perhaps censored version of HxH.


*Edit: Will HxH be later again on Hiatus ?
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I think the Chimera Ant Arc will end either in this batch of chapters or probably Togashi will left a cliffhanger for a the next batch, but I think HXH will likely end soon.
Example, Togashi did 18 or so chapters which is enough for 2 volumes, the story isn't finished, then he begins writting other 18 or so chapters (Which he will finish in like say 1 and a half years from now, heck he might be working on them right now) so when the anime is about to end Shueisha publishes the last 18 or so chapters and HXH anime does them, of course for this to work the manga chapters need to be done like 3 months earlier than the anime, maybe even more because the anime uses 2 or 3 chapter per episode. That or Togashi might make the drafts for HXH ending so the anime team uses them.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I'm really excited about the HxH anime remake! Hope it'll be really good. First new anime since 2009 I'll be watching :D
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
HxH: Hiatushood will probably look a hundred times better than the original, but a remake isn't necessary at all. Fullmetal Alchemist needed a remake because the first anime completely diverged from the manga's storyline, but HxH is fine the way it is. If anything needs a remake, it's Hoshin Engi.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
HxH: Hiatushood will probably look a hundred times better than the original, but a remake isn't necessary at all. Fullmetal Alchemist needed a remake because the first anime completely diverged from the manga's storyline, but HxH is fine the way it is. If anything needs a remake, it's Hoshin Engi.
You know Jaymie, there is something interesting when you input "houshin" in google, the next thing that appears is "Houshin Engi remake" and this is from wikipedia "In January 2009, Shomei TV announced their intentions to remake the anime series if they received 10,000 signatures. Although the 10,000 signatures were reached, there's been no word about the remake as of April 2011."
Does anyone know what Shomei TV is?? Because it has lots of polls like the Houshin Engi one, i.e. Ranma had one too, anyway 10,000 doesn´t seem like many signatures but if the DVD/BD of Houshin Engi remake sold those 10,000 signatures then it would be a hit LOL..
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
*skims the last couple of pages*
I don't wanna sound like an ass but when exactly has this thread turned into 'In-depth Discussion about the new Hunter x Hunter Anime'? The whole discussion that's been going on for the last two pages or so completely misses the overall WSJ magazine perspective of this thread... :sweat

Maybe one of the Mods would be so kind as to move everything over into a new thread in the appropriate forum section? :tem
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
You know Jaymie, there is something interesting when you input "houshin" in google, the next thing that appears is "Houshin Engi remake" and this is from wikipedia "In January 2009, Shomei TV announced their intentions to remake the anime series if they received 10,000 signatures. Although the 10,000 signatures were reached, there's been no word about the remake as of April 2011."
Does anyone know what Shomei TV is?? Because it has lots of polls like the Houshin Engi one, i.e. Ranma had one too, anyway 10,000 doesn´t seem like many signatures but if the DVD/BD of Houshin Engi remake sold those 10,000 signatures then it would be a hit LOL..
A new Houshin anime would be epic. A canon remake that covers the entire story would be incredible, especially considering it is not that long a manga. Can anyone else think of other Weekly Jump manga that could use a remake. I am already looking at Mago, Studio Deen has not impressed me.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd like to see Black Cat get a remake that follows the manga, I don't really like the Gonzo anime all that well, it strayed a lot and just went off the chain at the end.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I don't watch anime, so I don't care if there going to be remake or not.

I prefer reading a manga.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A new Houshin anime would be epic. A canon remake that covers the entire story would be incredible, especially considering it is not that long a manga. Can anyone else think of other Weekly Jump manga that could use a remake. I am already looking at Mago, Studio Deen has not impressed me.
well the second season is a way better, at least so far. A remake wouldn't be a bad thing but the really interesting part starts after the second season so there's no immediate need for it.

A remake of Dragon Ball would be nice, especially seeing that the fights are a crucial point in this series.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They should make a remake of Yu Yu Hakusho with the stuff in the beginning and the stuff at the end not cut out.
Course, there are plenty of series they should remake. If this recent trend with Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, maybe Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, and such with remaking old animes to be complete or more accurate to the manga keeps up, I'd certainly be supportive of it. And similarly, the thing with Level E where they do an anime of an old manga. There's been a few of these sorts of things from Jump now, I hope they continue.

Like Hokuto no Ken has had movies and video games long LOOONG after it ended. It's those sorts of series that are by famous authors or have held up well over time that seem likely to get these.
Of these, I think the most I'd like to see would be a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime. Which is possible, seeing as it's the 25th anniversary this year.

I'd say a totally reanimated Dragonball is likely to happen someday, too.
 
Last edited:

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A new Houshin anime would be epic. A canon remake that covers the entire story would be incredible, especially considering it is not that long a manga. Can anyone else think of other Weekly Jump manga that could use a remake. I am already looking at Mago, Studio Deen has not impressed me.
Remake of an old Anime ? There are some good Animes, which I wanted to remake:

  • City Hunter - Great Manga, needs great Anime-Update^^
  • Death Note - Only Part 2 with the End of the Manga plz !!!
  • Prince of Tennis - Bad Anime Adaption ----> Need Remake !!!!!!!!!!
  • Eyeshield - Finish the Anime with an Remake !!!!
  • Dragonball - Plz not the stupid DBZ Kai Version !!!
  • Slam Dunk - Old Anime isn´t finished, so need Remake with Ending !!!!

Anyway, there some others Shounen-Manga, which has also a Anime-Adaption, but endet badly ( and has Fillers >.> ), e.g. Air Gear, Kenishi or Kekkaishi.

But thats to off-Topic^^
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Remake of an old Anime ? There are some good Animes, which I wanted to remake:

  • City Hunter - Great Manga, needs great Anime-Update^^
  • Death Note - Only Part 2 with the End of the Manga plz !!!
  • Prince of Tennis - Bad Anime Adaption ----> Need Remake !!!!!!!!!!
  • Eyeshield - Finish the Anime with an Remake !!!!
  • Dragonball - Plz not the stupid DBZ Kai Version !!!
  • Slam Dunk - Old Anime isn´t finished, so need Remake with Ending !!!!

Anyway, there some others Shounen-Manga, which has also a Anime-Adaption, but endet badly ( and has Fillers >.> ), e.g. Air Gear, Kenishi or Kekkaishi.

But thats to off-Topic^^
Flame of Recca & Gash Bell come to mind. But as you said, off-topic.

I'd support comeback kids of anime as long as they're going to stick with the manga all the way through. It's a pretty nice way to make some money since older fans will be appreciative of seeing their favorites return, and newer fans will be introduced to old francises. I wouldn't have thought about a remake of YYH, since the original seemed pretty well done...but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'd like to see them redo the first 50 episodes of One piece in a DBZ Kai format with updated animation myself. The animation wasn't BAD per se, just kind of...yeah. Also Shaman King deserves another go I think, though I never read the new 'ending'.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
[Cross];2557893 said:
I'd like to see Black Cat get a remake that follows the manga, I don't really like the Gonzo anime all that well, it strayed a lot and just went off the chain at the end.
Actually, I quite liked the anime adaptation of Black Cat. If you ask me, after the final battle with Creed, it was kind of an abrupt ending (in manga) I preferred the anime ending where they had all of the cast fighting against the big bad in an epic way. Not to mention Creed helping out Train in the end was a plus.

As for a Slam dunk remake, YES. DO WANT. If anything, I could see it released as an OVA. (Sannoh vs Shohoku)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The beginning of Yuu Yuu Hakusho had a lot more of Yusuke having tangential tasks he had to do to prove he was a good person. It was about 5 episodes in the anime and like 2 volumes or so in the manga.
Then at the end there were a few one-off chapters and a small few-chapters-long arc at the end after the tournament. Course, much less of that tournament was shown. Probably some other stuff, I should re-read

If we're talking about animes being made about Jump manga, it is on topic. There are probably others.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I remember a lot of people lamenting the fact that Mr. Fullswing never got an anime adaptation. I never got around to reading it, so I'm not sure if the fanbase is there. It was serialized long enough that somebody had to enjoy it :XD
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
why do you all want remakes? are you crazy? It would be better to do some original animes and not adaptions of mangas, old thing, games, light novels and so on.

code geass 1/2 were great, so why not give animation studios the chance to be creative?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top