Thermae Romae
By: YAMAZAKI Mari
Genre: Comedy
Serialized In: Comic Beam
Mangaupdates
Thermae Romae deals with the two cultures in the world "that have loved baths the most: the Japanese and the Romans!"
Winner of the 2010 Manga Taisho Award


for raDar. Thanks for working on this! ^^
Hug me tooHug me guys. I insisted our TLor to do this one. Other staff (+1admin) was against it so we did it undercover. lol
Anyways, I really enjoyed the first chapter. Didn't really get the comedic vibe when i first saw the raws. Lucius' reaction and false assumptions to the Japanese are so hilarious. And I like the air pollution reaction too.
Didn't regret doing those painful redraws and whatnot.
Translating that wall of text (last two pages) was pretty tiring (although the content was really interesting), so I'm really glad that the TR has received so many positive reviews. Yeah, we actually did the whole chapter "underground", but I guess it's worth it after all
for you too.
But seriously, thanks for tl'ing this! It did have a lot of text, so I'm sure it wasn't a breeze or quick job.haha actually she did it really fast, all of a sudden one day they both told me, "we're doing thermae romae," and when I got invited to the dropbox it was already cleaned and translated. But I'm glad it's getting such a positive response, I also thought the whole thing was hilarious. As rad said, when you look at the raws it doesn't look like anything, but once you read it translated, its hilariousOk,for you too.
But seriously, thanks for tl'ing this! It did have a lot of text, so I'm sure it wasn't a breeze or quick job.


and that one sentence he spoke was wrong.it's really sad though he didn't talk more than that one latin sentence.


