Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

↑ That sucks. :(

Bleach was redeeming itself (with its ranking) but seems to have fallen again. It's nothing to worry about because I'm sure it'll rise again.

Nurarihyon being dead last pains me because I remember a time when it was doing quite well.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's been a while since Nura did well, mid-Kyoto arc was the last time I can remember consistently high rankings. It's had some good weeks, here and there, but it's been down a long time now. At least it has a home in SQ if it ever ends in Jump. I can not imagine an out right cancellation, nothing has really changed.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah, that was a long time ago wasn't it? I remember it had a lot of colour pages and was getting a lot of publicity in the magazine. #goodtimes

I agree that Mago won't be outright cancelled. If anything, WSJ would probably let Shiibashi tie up loose ends before concluding; whatever he had planned after the current storyline will most likely be the final arc.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Jump Editorial Staff apologise about an error in Toriko vol.17.

Source ->HERE<-
 
Last edited:

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is there a thread where we can find all this years Jump Fiesta info? if not someone should make one.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It looks like Shimabukuro wanted to add an extra panel on one of the pages (an unimportant one during the montage of the Gourmet Shrine that showed a picture of a couple signs) and due to a mistake by the editorial department it was missed. And that it would be corrected in the 2nd printing, apparently, and they'll replace them free for anyone who wants it.

So, really not a big deal.

There'll probably be some news of the Medaka Box and Kuroko animes at Jump Festa.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

No big news for Kochi Kame in Jump 49.
I think the supposed big news was that 'Kochikame vol.177', 'Kochikame vol.999' and 'Akimoto Osamu SF Short Story Collections' is all going to be released the same day.

This was pretty much already common knowledge though for people that use the internet.
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Preview Jump #50:



-----

If I understand correctly, Medaka Box's lead color consists in the presentation of cast and characters for the anime, the same intro that we could see in Jump #43 for Kuroko no Basket.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The latest chapter of Bakuman announced that a 'Otter 11' Light Novel has been green-lit. It does not state whether it will be a series or a one-off volume.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Oberon for the preview page :D

Jump Issue #50 Information
Cover: Sket Dance
Lead CP: Medaka Box
Center Colour: Packy, Sket Dance, The Accident of Kuzuo Saiki (Oneshot)
Extra Pages: Nisekoi (23 pages)
Absent: Naruto

Additional
Sket Dance - Sale Information about the new Sket Dance opening them song by GACKT and an Interview with GACKT!
Medaka Box - A new project announcement and the latest information on the anime!
One Piece - The latest information on the newest goods!
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Turns out Medaka didn't get the cover after all. Oh well, it is fine for now. I imagine the next time it does would be whenever the anime airs or for its 3rd year anniversary. Both are going to be pretty close to each other anyway. Sket Dance getting the cover and color is just as good. I'm curious about what this new project is going to be.
 

OPN

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
19
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Turns out Medaka didn't get the cover after all. Oh well, it is fine for now. I imagine the next time it does would be whenever the anime airs or for its 3rd year anniversary. Both are going to be pretty close to each other anyway. Sket Dance getting the cover and color is just as good. I'm curious about what this new project is going to be.
its probably a announcment about a jump fiesta ova. im looking foreward too medakas anime info since im curious to see whos going to be voicing the characters if they dont get the vomic voices im hoping they get miyuki sawashiro to do medaka but thats only if they dont get the vomic voice back.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Just finished reading Genzon! Kodai seibutsu-shi Packy and I can't really put it into words but I feel like I'm at least 15 year too old to find anything appealing in that story.
Maybe they rather should have started it in Saikyou JUMP...?

I mean, I do love some wacky Gag manga but I was not even close to laughing or being amazed/confused by Japanese randomness. Can't remember anything since Waji-mania that has been a bigger letdown.^^"
Oh, and for those wondering just what the f* that green thingy is actually supposed to be, it's a Pachycephalosaurus and thus head-butting at least one character or obstacle each page. (exaggeratedly spoken)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It looks like SQ has better wacky/short page Gag manga series than Shonen Jump.
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Where can i find the raw for Packy's first chapter?
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

hmm...I have to agree with Mr.Prince for Packy. XD I like to root for new series...but this one I just did not like, the art especially turns me off. I'm interested to see if it will be accepted by Jump readers..
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is there a thread where we can find all this years Jump Fiesta info? if not someone should make one.
The Festa is a once a year event so I don't think it would need a post of its own. Information can be posted in this thread.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I just read Packy..... I thought Grimm was better. Packy was pretty bad, in both the art (as expected of a gag series) and comedy. This was nowhere near has funny nor entertaining as Inumaru Dashi, Beelzebub, Sket Dance or Gintama. I guess Jump needed a pillow for Nurarihyon though.

Just like Mr Prince said, it really should have been serialised in Saikyo Jump.
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Packy was very funny. I really enjoyed it more than Nisekoi/Kurogane/Harisugawa/St&rs first chapters. But i think it'll quickly become a bottom dweller, because kids and young adults nowadays just want to see cool characters doing cool things.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I wonder why the editors keep putting Saiki Kusuo as one shot rather than start as new series. I, personally, think Saiki Kusuo is much better than Packy.
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The Fiesta is a once a year event so I don't think it would need a post of its own. Information can be posted in this thread.
There's enough going on here as it is it be better to have a it's own topic where we can just talk fiesta news there's more then enough discussion value with all the booth set ups and creator/seiryu interviews that will come out and it be a lot more organized. It's a pain to have to go back so many pages just to look something up.

Jump Fiesta is a big event would make great front page stuff not a lot of ppl cover it could bring more traffic to the site. Got to be open to trying new things:)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top