Anime Hunter X Hunter Movie Confirmed!!

brigid001

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
99
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

OMG OMG OMG!!! How long have I waited for this!! I really hope it's true XDD Wonder what the plot will be lol TBH I just cannot wait to see what the animation will look like yes!!!!
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

This news sounds interesting, though I don't understand even the tiniest bit of japanese/chinese/korean/whatever that was written in the link. Can someone give me a rough translation, please? ^^
 

Pokymonn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

This news sounds interesting, though I don't understand even the tiniest bit of japanese/chinese/korean/whatever that was written in the link. Can someone give me a rough translation, please? ^^
There you go, the roughest translation that you might find (cause it's via google translate)

Be produced anime movie version of 14 days, revealed in an interview to the official manga "(Hunter × Hunter) HUNTER × HUNTER" Yoshihiro Togashi's popularity has issued more than 60 million unit total Comics . Although the animated television has been twice so far, to become the theater version is the first time in 14 years this series. But a completely original story, also called hallmark workmanship of the original participants. Various scenes of "HUNTER × HUNTER" [Photo Feature]  "Hunter × Hunter" is start a series "Weekly Shonen Jump" magazine cartoon (Shueisha) from 98 years Mr. Togashi. Gon is a hometown boy who traveled to become a professional hunter with the same father broke up when I was young, with friends Killua, Kurapika, and Reorio, adventures unfold in a variety of content, currently, 10 am every Sunday at the Nippon Television 55 know when the TV anime is being broadcast.  Theater version, which was upon the request of the original fans and viewers, to No. 16 "Weekly Shonen Jump" to be released, it will be posted the message from Mr. Togashi on March 19.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

A movie!?!?!?! man! all I gotta say is dreams do come true :zomg
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Babel translator says animated movie but I won't trust that, I hope its not bad if its filler. I'd prefer it be an adaptation of an existing arc, I know that sounds kinda boring, but that's what I'd want personally.

Live action? I don't know if I want live action Hunter honestly, but we'll see what happens. Shonen tend to have faily sub par film adaptation if we go by the record thus far, still it's excited and I have my fingers crossed whatever this is its awesome.
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

"Hunter x Hunter" Movie Green-Lit

With two TV anime already, Hunter x Hunter is now about to get the one thing that it lacks from its other Shonen Jump brethren, a movie. In an interview today with staff, it was revealed that production of an animated Hunter x Hunter movie has been green-lit. The movie will have a completely original story, but those involved with the manga have given it their stamp of approval. Issue 16 of Shonen Jump will contain a message from Yoshihiro Togashi regarding the movie.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/13-1/hunter-x-hunter-movie-green-lit
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Judging by it only being greenlit now, and the animes current pacing, what arc do you think it will take place during? And what sort of filler movie would everyone be interested in seeing? I'm hoping its either right after or before Yorkshin. Featuring crazy nen battles with our 4 heroes+ Hisoka.
 

Refraction

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
125
Gender
Male
Country
Iceland
Because I am diabolical and obscene, I am hoping against all hope that this movie will be to HUNTERxHUNTER's TV series what the Fist of the North Star movie was to Fist of the North Star's: gratuitously and awfully violent by comparison.

I genuinely have nothing more insightful to contribute.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

yeah YEAH!!! a animated movie, AND its a original story? THATS what I'm talkin bout! XD

sorry but I personally HATE when a movie adapts stuff we already saw(my only exception is gintama's movie because I never saw the acctual arc before) I almost always expect the movies of anime to be new content, and I mostly never care if its by the author or not, if it is great, if not, lets hope they do a good job. most of the time I'm satisfied with these sort of things, but thats just me.

so hunter x hunter is finally getting a film eh? I assume the animation may just be like badland rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation(which was eyegasmicly awesome *saw in theaters*)

As for story I will simply trusts whoever writes it, and pray that all five of the main characters are involved(gon and killua of course. Kurapika, LEORIO, and thow in some hisoka for the fans). I'm expecting great things, not great like summer wars or Akira (though if the author were in a good enough mood, he probably could get it to that level) but all in all I'm looking for a good film that'll keep me hooked and guessing! Can't wait to see it!

I hope whoever localizes 2011 HxH gets this film too, I'd totally buy it. Hell, I may acctually IMPORT it, and I NEVER import(though its gotta have subs).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Dunno if I'd trust that. There was buzz about a second Gintama movie a while back from rumors like those, and while the source claimed it would happen, Sunrise was like 'duuuh we don't know', and since then nothing has been announced.

I wouldn't be against a movie, more like I kinda wonder why it never got one the first time around? Maybe because of the hiatuses? I'm more interested in knowing what Togashi's message would be though. Gimmie 'I'll make HXH a normal serialization' over a movie any day.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@ Divinenega

Hey you're on ANN's forums aren't ya? Yeah you posted the same thing there too, (as I am here)

yeah YEAH!!! a animated movie, AND its a original story? THATS what I'm talkin bout! XD

sorry but I personally HATE when a movie adapts stuff we already saw(my only exception is gintama's movie because I never saw the acctual arc before) I almost always expect the movies of anime to be new content, and I mostly never care if its by the author or not, if it is great, if not, lets hope they do a good job. most of the time I'm satisfied with these sort of things, but thats just me.

so hunter x hunter is finally getting a film eh? I assume the animation may just be like badland rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation(which was eyegasmicly awesome *saw in theaters*)

As for story I will simply trusts whoever writes it, and pray that all five of the main characters are involved(gon and killua of course. Kurapika, LEORIO, and thow in some hisoka for the fans). I'm expecting great things, not great like summer wars or Akira (though if the author were in a good enough mood, he probably could get it to that level) but all in all I'm looking for a good film that'll keep me hooked and guessing! Can't wait to see it!

I hope whoever localizes 2011 HxH gets this film too, I'd totally buy it. Hell, I may acctually IMPORT it, and I NEVER import(though its gotta have subs).
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^^^ Summer Wars was awesome!! :D :D :D :D ^^^

I'm not a big fan of movie spin-offs from anime series - the stories usually suck since the writers of the manga they're based on don't write it, so it feels more like a filler - but they don't offend me either lol. The animation's usually great and sometimes there's some good fights. Also, they play up to the fans so all the main/most popular characters are almost always in 'em, so I'm gonna take all four main characters being in for granted, plus Hisoka. For me the best part of this news is that it means the anime must be doing great to get a movie this quickly!! Like you said, Divinenega, this as good as confirms that there series'll get another 26 episodes. :D
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sweet! Wasn't expecting this at all but it's awesome news.

Even if we get basically an extended filler episode on the big screen I say if it brings in more fans to HxH than go for it. I dunno but I feel as if HxH is really an
under appreciated series. People will say the same thing of the Big Three but while I do enjoy the Big Three there's a reason they are called the Big Three
and that is they are extremely popular. I would say even One Piece in the United States is more popular than Hunter x Hunter is.
And while I don't care if a series is popular or not in order for it to be good I do think that popular series get the royal treatment which HxH deserves.

Hopefully it goes like this

HxH Movie
Non HxH Fan: Hm this looks interesting. I'll go watch.
Non HxH Fan: That was cool...what there is two anime series and a manga. I'll go check them out
Non HxH Fan officially becomes HxH fan. Spreads the good news. Fans multiply like flies. Monies.
Corporate People: Money! Money! Moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Smart Dude: If you make more HxH you make more money
Corporate People: Alright! Do it! Re-Print volumes! Digital volumes! Video Games and Sandwiches
Sandwich Maker: HURRAY FOR SUPPLY AND DEMAND
LIZARD LENNY: I DEMAND YOUR SOULSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Lizard Lenny takes over the planet. Can sandwich man stop him?
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

As long as they don't screw up Nen System, I'm thrilled. <3
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

you know what would be nice?

Seeing Leorio fight in the movies. He don't need to kick ass just fight...

BUT HE WILL KICK ASS CUZ HE'S LEORIO!
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I agree, a Leorio fight would be great, but without his new Hatsu idk how exciting it will be.
 
Top