Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe some of these guys are not that generous and wants to make profit by reselling
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I saw this on 2ch and thought it would be funny to post here. This is how you truely support a new series you want to survive in Jump.



He purchased 20 copies of Nisekoi and plans to continue doing it for every volume :hip

There was also a guy several years ago who would purchase 30 copies of Busou Renkin everytime a new volume was released....... found the pics!








Whoops.... I forgot the guy who purchased 100 Copies of P2! LETS PLAY PINGPONG volume 1...








P2! was in danger and he really didn't want it to be cancelled.
This is just weird. I know several friends who buy 7-8 copies of the same manga as a collector but 20 copies is just weird. Reselling makes more sense to me if you buy 20++ copies of the same manga.

@Bomber D Rufi

Because Jump has several new series that needs to be pimped first, maybe they get prioritized first to get color pages?
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just caught up to Pajama, and I have to admit, the series started off as pretty slow, but things are looking much more interesting as of now. And... is it just me, or....

was chapter 9 a bit of a wham episode for you guys?? 'cause honestly, I did not expect Jump to actually publish that almost rape scene in full detail. I had to admit, that was impressive. I wonder if there was any explicit rape/almost rape scene ever published in Jump. Maybe Hokuto no Ken has one when it ran in WSJ????
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw this on 2ch and thought it would be funny to post here. This is how you truely support a new series you want to survive in Jump.



He purchased 20 copies of Nisekoi and plans to continue doing it for every volume :hip

There was also a guy several years ago who would purchase 30 copies of Busou Renkin everytime a new volume was released....... found the pics!








Whoops.... I forgot the guy who purchased 100 Copies of P2! LETS PLAY PINGPONG volume 1...








P2! was in danger and he really didn't want it to be cancelled.

Yeah if you like something so much why not go all out.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just asking, does anyone know which chapter is Kuroko at right now in Japan??
 

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
2,551
Reaction score
1,844
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Just asking, does anyone know which chapter is Kuroko at right now in Japan??
Wikipedia shows its at 161. I dunno if it counts all the chapter or only the ones until Volume 17, though :headscratch


Well, I guess I better go update wikipedia :p
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I asked the early Medaka Box spoiler provider if he could tell me the rankings for this weeks Jump but he only told me where Medaka Box was.

796 :1015 ◆GwoDyEGSIY :2012/05/15(火) 21:38:37.07 ID:RY5la6cg0
掲載順はかなり後ろ、こち亀のすぐ後
Medaka Box is in the far back of the magazine, right behind Kochikame.
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wikipedia shows its at 161. I dunno if it counts all the chapter or only the ones until Volume 17, though :headscratch


Well, I guess I better go update wikipedia :p



Thanks, I was wondering where it's at right now since the Edited Mangas are catching up. Wonder if anyone's willing to scan it from the magazines later.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Just caught up to Pajama, and I have to admit, the series started off as pretty slow, but things are looking much more interesting as of now. And... is it just me, or....

was chapter 9 a bit of a wham episode for you guys?? 'cause honestly, I did not expect Jump to actually publish that almost rape scene in full detail. I had to admit, that was impressive. I wonder if there was any explicit rape/almost rape scene ever published in Jump. Maybe Hokuto no Ken has one when it ran in WSJ????
I only looked at that chapter because of what you said and
that was a pretty lax almost rape scene. I admit it was slightly strange to see that much hinting at rape in the current Jump but I''s and Video Girl Ai were considerably more explicit by any stretch of the imagination. That's about what I'd expect to see for a series in Jump.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
There are two internet radio shows (?) that are uploaded in NicoNico Douga. They are about two people just discuss about their opinions and prediection on every Jump series in the issue and they are uploded in weekly. But, these radio shows (?) are in Japanese (since it is recorded by two Japanese men), I recommed these two programs for people who can understand Japanese (of course you need the account from NicoNico in order to listen to them). I listen to these every week and I am pretty enjoying them.

Jump Hihyoukai: http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/ジャンプ批評会?sort=f&order=d
Jump Bansankai: http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/ジャンプ晩餐会
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Question: I was wondering if anyone will be translating Bulge?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I only looked at that chapter because of what you said and
that was a pretty lax almost rape scene. I admit it was slightly strange to see that much hinting at rape in the current Jump but I''s and Video Girl Ai were considerably more explicit by any stretch of the imagination. That's about what I'd expect to see for a series in Jump.
I actually enjoy Pajama too, so far it's been a very good series. A little more serious and emotionally raw than has been the norm for recent Jump manga. And actually quite well written, a series I'd actually recommend. I also enjoyed Dogashi Kaiden, Hamada's previous series, and had been really excited for his return. I'm glad to see it is doing pretty well so far. I'm glad so many series ended or were canceled recently, it give Pajama a better chance of lasting.

I'm hoping Koisome Momiji is translated soon, not that I have high hopes, but I'd still like to try it. I'm not really that interested in Bulge or Psi, if they are translated I may give them a try anyway.

I was a little surprised to see even attempted implied rape in today's Jump. Video Girl AI and I"S were from a different day and age, anything racier than panty shots had seemingly been purged over the last five years, maybe even longer.

Jump seemingly is allowing a lot more fanservice again; Nisekoi has even featured nudity recently, albeit with the tiniest whiffs of steam covering certain key body parts. Nevertheless, it was still as racy as anything from To Love Ru.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

If anyone wants to discuss Pajama without spoilers, here is the thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76849-Featured-Pajama-na-Kanojo.-by-Hamada-Kosuke
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I actually enjoy Pajama too, so far it's been a very good series. A little more serious and emotionally raw than has been the norm for recent Jump manga. And actually quite well written, a series I'd actually recommend. I also enjoyed Dogashi Kaiden, Hamada's previous series, and had been really excited for his return. I'm glad to see it is doing pretty well so far. I'm glad so many series ended or were canceled recently, it give Pajama a better chance of lasting.

I'm hoping Koisome Momiji is translated soon, not that I have high hopes, but I'd still like to try it. I'm not really that interested in Bulge or Psi, if they are translated I may give them a try anyway.

I was a little surprised to see even attempted implied rape in today's Jump. Video Girl AI and I"S were from a different day and age, anything racier than panty shots had seemingly been purged over the last five years, maybe even longer.

Jump seemingly is allowing a lot more fanservice again; Nisekoi has even featured nudity recently, albeit with the tiniest whiffs of steam covering certain key body parts. Nevertheless, it was still as racy as anything from To Love Ru.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

If anyone wants to discuss Pajama without spoilers, here is the thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76849-Featured-Pajama-na-Kanojo.-by-Hamada-Kosuke
Well, perhaps the reason for my surprise is that I've never seen or read those series (VGA & I"s) is because I was too young to know about them. So I suppose it's not a surprise for fans around my age to be that surprised with that scene. Now I'm wondering where that chapter of Pajama's will rank.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Pajama first chapters did not really interested me so I stopped reading it rapidly. Nisekoi also tired me. I guess I'm not a jump romcom guy. So I'm not really looking for a 3d one.
As for Bulge, given that Zoo was quite popular it shouldn't wait long until it's translated especially if it is well received. HQ which was not scanlated made a rapid comeback once its TOC ranks were confirmed to be good.

It seems to be a good moment to be serialized in Jump, none of the last series since ST&RS was canceled after a few chapters. 2010 curse seems to be forgotten
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ouch poor Mago. It's really taken a beating this time. Also kinda sad to see Kurogane and Magico down there. At least Medaka is above the bottom 5 this week.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Jump is putting one shot without ending anything? Is that means there are extra space in Jump?
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
I really like Pajama. In fact I'm loving it recently. It's a good serie who has some potential. There is less ecchi in the recent chapters and the manga is way better like that.

However concerning this ToC I find it ridiculous.. Japanese people, Y U PUT BLEACH SO LOW ? I can't understand. Naruto second.. This is real BS.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Look like because no absent in #26.
If so, then I wonder if it'll be possible to be only one series end/axe on next session with two new series start.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top