Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, another one bites the dust. I guess.
Do we think that'll be the last series ending? Inumaru, Magico, and Nurarihyon all ended. Usually long-running series don't end all together that fast. Do we think Kurogane and such will keep going?
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So Magico actually ended, I never really got into the series so I can't say I'm shaken by it. I am sad about Beelzebub being in the bottom 5, hopefully it'll recover it's ranking. Also, it actually does seem like Bleach is going to be the new Mago.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Well, another one bites the dust. I guess.
Do we think that'll be the last series ending? Inumaru, Magico, and Nurarihyon all ended. Usually long-running series don't end all together that fast. Do we think Kurogane and such will keep going?
I'm betting Kurogane and Pajama (and whatever else might end soon) will last till the next round of cuts.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another series might get canned after the Golden Future Cup oneshots are finished. So that's probably around Issues 38 to 40.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm betting Kurogane and Pajama (and whatever else might end soon) will last till the next round of cuts.
Yeah, it's too bad that even ch. 9 of Pajama couldn't even help it. I was kinda hoping for it to improve since it's really decent and very slice-of-lifeish.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I may be biased but that is a freaking amazing cover.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
100% Confirmed

Jump Issue #31 TOC
Assassination Classroom (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Toriko
Sket Dance
Naruto
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Nisekoi (Center Colour)

Sensei no Bulge
Haikyuu!!
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)
Koisome Momiji
Gintama
Reborn!
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Pajama na Kanojo
Beelzebub
Bleach
Kurogane
Magico (END)

Jump Issue #32 Information
Lead CP: Takamagahara (New Series, 54pg.)
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Assassination Classroom, Medaka Box

Extra Pages: Haikyuu!!, Assassination Classroom
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ooh, Sket Dance is above Naruto as well. That's rare, especially in this big climax-y fight. The rest is pretty average.

Also, the title is "Ansatsu Kyoushitsu". I don't see anything to indicate it has the title written in English anywhere. I'm hoping Takamagahara, I thought its one-shot was cool looking.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Also, the title is "Ansatsu Kyoushitsu". I don't see anything to indicate it has the title written in English anywhere. I'm hoping Takamagahara, I thought its one-shot was cool looking.
I thought it sounded cool and the translation is correct so it shouldn't really be a problem.

The same with PSI Kusuo Saiki instead of Chounouryokusha Saiki Kusuo no Sainan to make it easier for people to understand, but if it is a problem I can change it.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's nice to see a group of 4 new series all together so high in the TOC. Sket Dance beating Naruto is also a good bonus to this TOC.

I thought it sounded cool and the translation is correct so it shouldn't really be a problem.
I agree, english names are 100 more easier to remember and more explicit for non japanese speakers.
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I may be biased but that is a freaking amazing cover.
Totally not biased, I love it as well!! ;) Assassination Classroom? Is that the name of this new series, since the teacher is a weird green octopus thing! xD Wow, this might turn out to be a really good new comedy, nice to see new series in WSJ that catch my attention. I usually do not give them a try due to the bad runs they have over the years.

Also Bleach has been in the bottom five for hoe many weeks now?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Assassination Classroom, Medaka Box
Hum, it seems like half of the Haikyuu issues are in colored recently...
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its position is always high, too. I might as well give it a try, eventually.
 

nyamonyamo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
256
Reaction score
68
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Also Bleach has been in the bottom five for hoe many weeks now?
Should rephrase that. Its how many years not weeks XD

Jokes aside, will someone pick up any of the new series? That green ghostbuster-michelin looks cool
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Given the mangaka name, I'm not worried about it.
I rather wonder if Psi will be picked one day, its ranks are not shameful at all so I assume it's not that bad.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Should rephrase that. Its how many years not weeks XD

Jokes aside, will someone pick up any of the new series? That green ghostbuster-michelin looks cool
It was kind of a roller coaster over the years I think. In the last few years it was up and down a lot of times. Depends on which arc I think. It seems the current one really is not a favorite one. The previous was not liked as much, but that arc itself had ups and down in the ToC.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
R.I.P Magico. At least you managed to wrap up nicely. Kurogane's probably next, though I doubt it will be canceled during this period. And depending on how the new series do, it may manage to barely hang on like Magico did.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So they finally canned Magico huh? Too bad, I really like the series.

Looking forward to reading Assassination Classroom.

Ah Bleach....am not going to complain though.

It was kind of a roller coaster over the years I think. In the last few years it was up and down a lot of times. Depends on which arc I think. It seems the current one really is not a favorite one. The previous was not liked as much, but that arc itself had ups and down in the ToC.
This arc is way better than the last one and it keeps getting better. So am hoping in the next couple weeks the ranking gets better.
 
Last edited:

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, Magico will get an final chapter in Jump NEXT? They still have to show the result of character popularity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top