An Elastic Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

I watched a few Harry Potter movies. I found them more or less childish and predictable. So I'm not hyped to read the books. For my sake, convince me to open the first book.

The good news is I didn't watch the last movies which lead the to the final conclusion.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

Oh, Malfoy, of course he was the best XDDD Right from the first moment when she appeared on the stage with "Did someone say Draco Malfoy?" in the first song, and I realized he's played by a girl XDDD It being basically a parody and all, well, Draco was just the loveliest and funniest XD
And another one, Voldy, I so enjoyed his songs and awkwardness XD I liked the actor as Umbridge less, but still funny...
I loved everything! :D I don't even remember much anymore, it's been years since I watched it too, but yesterday I started playing the songs so it seems I'll be rewatching soon XD
Oh yes, Voldemort cracked me up too! :rofl He was still pretty good as Umbridge, but you're right. The Voldemort role suited him the best. I think just the fact that Voldemort and Umbridge were played by the same person throughout the play is funny in itself.

I should watch it again too, now that you say it. I've only seen it once. Maybe I could get my other sister to sit down and watch it with me since she's never seen it before. As far as fan-made works go, I think it's top notch. :amuse

I haven't said "won't", I just haven't done it yet. The last time I was at a B&N the only copy they had of the first book was all damaged...you wouldn't buy a damaged book would you?
You don't have to make excuses anymore. I get it. u~u;;;

How far are you in A Game of Thrones? You didn't shelf it did you? :pout
Unfortunately I have. Haven't picked it up in a very weeks. I'm getting myself into Lord of The Rings a bit now though. But don't worry. I think Game of Thrones is definitely one of those books I'll read before I die. Just definitely not working for me right now. I don't think my dad would forgive me if I didn't read Lord of the Rings soon though. And as soon as I'm finished, I'll tell him what a loser he is for never finishing the second Harry Potter book. :derp

HOLY SHIT, I SAW THE NEWEST HOBBIT TRAILER IN THEATERS AND WAS LITERALLY SUPPRESSING FANGIRL SQUEALS IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD. :arf

I've also convinced my mom to read Lord of the Rings.

No, that's what MUST be said whenever ">:3" appears
Ohhhh! That explains a lot.

The Deep South is actually more Alabama/Mississippi but I digress :vin
Texas is considered the deep south. :oh It was part of the Confederate States, how can you argue it isn't? :xp

Actually, Naomi I would say we're more about 4 hours apart. Muhahaha. Plus I will be driving to Waco a lot to visit a couple of best friends at least once a month. And DFW is about 2 hours from there?
Really? That isn't very far. Well if you're ever in the Fort Worth Area, let me know. We could go get some coffee, dinner, or go see a movie or something. Or maybe Six Flags! Haha. Although it's too hot outside for that during the summer for me.

But they're so tasty. >:]

:rofl Your sister seems to be as crazy as you are :sexyarf makes sense that she likes Peach but Zelda is a way more awesome princess, you should convince her :mono
People used to just call her Hillary Jr or Hillary 2 when we worked together at the ice cream place. :rofl Sometimes I see her act like a total bitch to people at her school or whatever and I say, "god damn it, chill out." And she usually responds "I get it from you". :notrust But you're right! Zelda is much better! I will definitely see to it that she realizes it soon.

Did he really got on his knee? If yes I would say he really loves her, personally I wouldn't be sure if the girl just wants to mock me XD
He did! He's not as good-looking as she is, but makes up for it in what an awesome guy he is. He cracks me up, too! :rofl But the best part about him is that he's afraid of me. That's the quality I look for the most in my sisters' boyfriends. :derp

True, the Millenium Earl and the Noah's are formidable antagonists :hee the reason why I'm not so into D.Gray-man these days (back then I utterly loved it) is because it feels like Hoshino doesn't seem to know where she wants to head with the story. It's kinda weird and confusing nowadays and I really want this matter with the 14th to progress a bit faster <___<
You have that right. One of the things I really enjoy about D.Gray-Man is that I care what happens to the villains just as much as the protagonists. That's not something I can claim about any series. I know what you're saying though about why you kind of steered away from it. The hiatuses are really getting too frequent if you ask me. I think a lot of it has to do with perfectionism at this point, or maybe she's just changing her mind a lot and trying to figure it out like you said. I like where the story has gone thus far though, and if you're wanting to see something happen with the Fourteenth, then I suggest you catch up to the most recent chapter. :3c (It would probably only take you an hour at the rate the manga is going) :fail

why did I suddenly start talking about D.Gray-man? :lmao anyway, Voldemort was interesting but his character was a bit "monotonous", I prefer if villains and good guys aren't divided in black and white so clearly and Voldemort clearly was totally black. His personality wasn't interesting enough to compensate for that. Regulus was interesting but like you said, with near to none screentime (IIRC :s) I just didn't care that much for him.
You can bring DGM up anytime you want in my thread! :derp
I think JK Rowling once said in an interview "none of my characters are purely good or purely bad, perhaps with the one exception being Voldemort". He's very much a Hitler-type character, but once his backstory was revealed he became much more interesting to me too.

Link can be GAR as well :arf :arf :arf

That's not even really Link though. :rofl I guess Dark Link still counts though. :derp

Guess what I bought on Wii Virtual Console, Nii-chan! A Link to the Past! I'm going to get the classic controller at Target today after work. Although I'm not going to start the game until I've completed Twilight Princess, I'm going to have my sister start it. She doesn't really know what to do with herself because she's compeleted Skyward Sword twice and Twilight Princess three times. XD I felt bad for her and went ahead and got the game.

lol the poor Hufflepuffs :rofl shame there wasn't any outstanding person from Hufflepuff, the house appears so lame compared to the others.
now that may sound awkward but I would compare myself to HP :arf not really want to choose Slytherin but I feel there's a dark side inside me that could unleash hell together with you :e3
The only person that really comes to mind for me would be Tonks. She was a fun character and definitely bad ass. ...But that's really the only one. XD Cedric Diggory was aiight too.

Haha! You can stay in Gryffendor as long as you promise to let your inner Slytherin out every once in a while, mmmkay? :derp

That sounds potentially dirty.

you could have bought them, that's just a silly excuse :noworry the Princess suffered because you were so stingy :yelling
I'm getting on that!

oh really? :zomg I have the xbox so tell me when the game's out :3c
and a hot girl at a GameStop? Awesome :hurr
Yep, I will keep you updated when I find out new information and stuff. Yeah, she's really cute, likes games, loves Harry Potter. I've only ever seen her working once though.

So I win your heart with a Link statue? So gonna do it :derp nah seriously, I consider you one of the most awesome people at MH. Feel flattered :3c

I promise I will :nod
Haha! More like being thoughtful and what not, but yes. The Link statue definitely pushes odds in your favor. And just being a HP and Zelda fan in the first place. :arf Sexy Voice HQ" too. You loser. :rofl

yeah, I seriously can't believe that the consoles are anywhere that costly in it's manufacturing :/ these suckers are going for all of our money :arf but there's no way around it :scry
I wouldn't think so either, but I don't know very much about that sort of thing. All I know is Japanese people know how to make kick-ass cars and games! Hopefully that price is a rumor and they lower it a bit. :bored

My grandpa was cool ya know? your fault for taking it as flout :arf
Well if that's the case, then it's ok. :hee

You want to ride me? :teehee

sorry, I just couldn't help it :derp
INTO THE SUNSET:sexyarf

of course I would, I guess I don't need to say that you're awesome a second time :3c Gary and Kevin² should come too, would be so funny with the four of us :rofl wonder what your madre would say about four boys she's never met before sleeping over :teehee

I guess I/we would need to look for some kind of hotel or maybe we can use your garage or something like that :derp
I think we could have a lot of fun that's for damn sure! :sexyarf My garage is infested with lizards and bugs. :iik I don't go in there unless I'm putting out the garbage or recycling.

A hotel with one bed? :3c ...:rofl Oh god. Nevermind.

I probably would never visit Texas if you weren't there XD but what's better than visiting friends, I can get over a maybe not so awesome landscape easily then :nod
If only we could go to Colorado. :pleased

Of all the parts I watched, I think the last one was the best.
You're talking about Harry Potter, right? I would say so too.

Let me start of by saying you are my hero for going through all those post nao :sexyarf

Amen to that! i completely agree. No words are wiser then those found in the stories of our childhood and in books so blessed :crying no problem xD I don't know my friends showed this, and it made me feel like i wanted to leave this planet as soon as possible. The first thing i'm giving my kids is my oldschool toys like the legos and childrens books. Definetely not an iphone or ipad like most parents are doing which would explain the serious lack of knowledge they have :oh

I converted my freind to read Fairy tail and Howl's moving catsle then we watched the latters movie toghether. I'm trying it out on another friend now, good luck to you xD

niichan you did tell nao you're a daddy right :oh otousan? you there :teehee
:rofl I don't like to skip out on the people that take so much time to post in my thread.

Yes, you will raise your kids the right way! I think if I ever decided to have a kid or two that they could play video games and what not, but would have to earn it through reading. I would hope that I would be able to raise them to just know what's right on their own without me having to always point it out, but I bet Harry Potter could help me with that! :nod

Nii-chan is a father? :sexyarf?!

I watched a few Harry Potter movies. I found them more or less childish and predictable. So I'm not hyped to read the books. For my sake, convince me to open the first book.

The good news is I didn't watch the last movies which lead the to the final conclusion.
The first few Harry Potter moves and novels are first and foremost children's novels. Book three is a bit darker, and by the time you're on Book 4, it's started to progress and develop into something much deeper. By the time you've finished the series, it's fully matured. That's one of the reasons I love the series so much. I literally grew up and matured with it. That's something no one but our generation that read the books as they came out can say. My mom read the series as a 38 year old woman and loves it almost as much as I do. You don't have to be 12 to like Harry Potter.

And let me reiterate: the movies are great movies. They are NOTHING compared to the books.

It's good that you didn't watch the last movie though! If you get into spoilers, it truly detracts from the series. There's still hope! :amuse

Another thing, Harry Potter books are long, but you will plow through them once you get into it. They're action-packed, have a good plot, and character-driven. I think that anyone that gave them a chance would at least like them, if not love them.

/fangirling
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Godric's Hollow

:rofl I don't like to skip out on the people that take so much time to post in my thread.

Yes, you will raise your kids the right way! I think if I ever decided to have a kid or two that they could play video games and what not, but would have to earn it through reading. I would hope that I would be able to raise them to just know what's right on their own without me having to always point it out, but I bet Harry Potter could help me with that! :nod

Nii-chan is a father? :sexyarf?!
and thats the way we cool thread owners roll :hip

Howl is going to help me raise my children along with Harry :crying They will be smart and intelligent but fun, i'm not gonna say no video games if they're good kids =] (Diana Wynne Jones and JKR FTW!! among other gods and goddess' of litreture)

yes :oh he's my daddy :hug are you my new step-mama? :glomp
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

"225 mi, 3 hours 56 mins In current traffic: 3 hours 56 mins
I-45 N"

Hmm... I totally just pulled the time out of my ass. We are actually closer than I had thought xD I could easilly make that in 3 hours. #speeddemon

Well I will definitely tell you when I am in that area. You better do that same when you are in Tomball/Woodlands/Houston area.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

You don't have to make excuses anymore. I get it. u~u;;;
It's laziness, nothing else you dork :eyeroll

Unfortunately I have. Haven't picked it up in a very weeks. I'm getting myself into Lord of The Rings a bit now though. But don't worry. I think Game of Thrones is definitely one of those books I'll read before I die. Just definitely not working for me right now. I don't think my dad would forgive me if I didn't read Lord of the Rings soon though. And as soon as I'm finished, I'll tell him what a loser he is for never finishing the second Harry Potter book. :derp

HOLY SHIT, I SAW THE NEWEST HOBBIT TRAILER IN THEATERS AND WAS LITERALLY SUPPRESSING FANGIRL SQUEALS IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD. :arf

I've also convinced my mom to read Lord of the Rings.
:pout ...how far did you get? And Osha is better than Tonks :noworry

It's understandable with the Hobbit coming out...wait, no it isn't it comes out this Christmas :yelling. Just don't give up on the series.

Texas is considered the deep south. :oh It was part of the Confederate States, how can you argue it isn't? :xp
Historically I guess so, but the states between Louisiana and Georgia are considered the Deep South. You wouldn't consider Florida a part of the Deep South really either, but the same argument could be made for it that you made for Texas. Thinking about it though, I guess redneck-ness knows no borders sooooo :<_>
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

@Naomidee : you're basically telling me that this book is about growing-up ?

And what's with your current avatar, aren't you afraid of the possibility that Chuck Norris happens to read this forum ? :vin
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow



---------- Post added July 02, 2012 at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was July 01, 2012 at 07:17 PM ----------

Pffft...it's not a lost cause. Ye of little faith :noworry
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

no shit sherlock, didn't u just change the first letter
No I didn't. Now shut up before I whack you with Naomi's dildo.

















NAOMI, there's a chemistry museum in Philly! You should so totally come here!

Found the museum kinda boring though.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Godric's Hollow

No I didn't. Now shut up before I whack you with Naomi's dildo.

















NAOMI, there's a chemistry museum in Philly! You should so totally come here!

Found the museum kinda boring though.
Listen to him he's a poet master :sexyarf
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Godric's Hollow

Do you even know what you're saying? :arf:handgun
I don't know i woke up at flippin 4 in the morning in SUMMAH VACATION!! i never did at even fro school!! :crying and it's still 8.30 here (too early too be sane or think)

and put that down before you hurt someone :sexyarf:handgun
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

I don't know i woke up at flippin 4 in the morning in SUMMAH VACATION!! i never did at even fro school!! :crying and it's still 8.30 here (too early too be sane or think)

and put that down before you hurt someone :sexyarf:handgun
You already hurt someone's eyes with that makeup job :arf:handgun


LOOK...isn't mine better?! :sexyarf:handgun
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Godric's Hollow

You already hurt someone's eyes with that makeup job :arf:handgun


LOOK...isn't mine better?! :sexyarf:handgun
*the universe has been blinded and is screaming in pain*

erm,what just happened?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

I gave you a makeup lesson :hip
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

Poet master?

What a disaster.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

 
Last edited by a moderator:

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Re: Godric's Hollow

i think this song fits our sad state at the moment ='[
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top