Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
This is supposed to be a message from the second volume:

"The first volume sold such an unimaginable number of copies that I lack the words to fully express how grateful I am towards the readers! But, regardless of whether the sales are good or bad, I will continue this story as it should be depicted. The story of the experiences of Korosensei and his students in a time that spans less than a year. Please continue to imagine what their graduation could be like while savoring what time is left in their school life."
Someone can confirm?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,105
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I guess that puts all of the notion that this might become a battle manga eventually to rest.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey guys. Apparently, a few hours ago, someone with an eagle eye identified the figure of the peculiar monster as seen in page 3.

Can't figure it out?
It's Mewtwo.


Why the extra claws and horns were added to the silhouette is unknown, since the manga already features many other real-life copyrighted brands, but its pose matches that of Mewtwo, up to the curve of its tail.

I don't know why I didn't notice it earlier.
I noticed that and it really made my day lol.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
OH man, I read the translation for chapter 28 and
I wish someone could take me to different countries to watch movies! It was really funny, even though I didn't look at the raw. I can't wait to read it! Its nice to see more of Karma after him being gone for a while. And Ritsu <3 I really like her!
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I have just finished chapter 27 today! What a good series, I laughed for the humor and enjoyed the moral messages this strange alien teacher presented to his students. I like how the author showed how Koro-sensei approached the students one by one. The latest with Ritsu just doesn't make sense but funny in its own way. XD
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,049
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I have just finished chapter 27 today! What a good series, I laughed for the humor and enjoyed the moral messages this strange alien teacher presented to his students. I like how the author showed how Koro-sensei approached the students one by one. The latest with Ritsu just doesn't make sense but funny in its own way. XD
He's not alien. He is human.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
He's not alien. He is human.
Haha~ He's probably more human than the current headmaster who think lowly of certain people just because they fail the exams or get bad scores or have to study in underdog class. <3
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,049
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Haha~ He's probably more human than the current headmaster who think lowly of certain people just because they fail the exams or get bad scores or have to study in underdog class. <3
i'm saying he's not a alien because he's a human that was born and raised on earth.



 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ah, I get what you mean. In my head as long as his appearance is not like other humans in general, hard to say he's a human, LOL~ It was not yet confirmed that the "2 of each" referred to hands and legs like normal human; until then I'd say he's still an alien for me. XDD
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ah, I get what you mean. In my head as long as his appearance is not like other humans in general, hard to say he's a human, LOL~ It was not yet confirmed that the "2 of each" referred to hands and legs like normal human; until then I'd say he's still an alien for me. XDD
Concerning the "2 of each" line: if I remember right, the word used in the Japanese was 手足 (teashi), which can be translated as either "limbs" or "one's hands and feet", and the counter used, 本 (Japanese uses different counting characters/systems based on item types - so this is the one for "long, cylindrical objects"), is also the one for arms and legs. So yeah, the implication is that he was originally human.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Also you can see him transforming from human to his current form in the flashback of chapter 1, so there is little doubt about that fact anymore.
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You'll also see in the latest chapter (HUGE spoiler)...
Korosensei's human sibling.
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You'll also see in the latest chapter (HUGE spoiler)...
Korosensei's human sibling.
Well, actually, there's no guarantee that's true. He could be another result of whatever turned Korosensei into an octopus monster (hence, a "brother" in some respects - he only says "nii-san", so there's no way to be sure yet). Chapter 20 states that both transfer students are the result of science and chapter 25 shows that he definitely has some sort of destructive superhuman capabilities. This week's chapter will probably shed some light on the topic, anyway.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
A nice transition chapter before the long awaited 2d transfert student.

I liked when ritsu put some winter clothes, it's little details like that make me love this manga.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
This was one of my favorite chapters to read this week. I really love Matsui's writing here. Its such a mischievous idea, and then when they come back to Japan we are hit with plot progression, with us being completely aware at how cliche the new development is without scorning it at all. Basically, it was totally meta, and meta is my cup of tea.

How many times have you wanted to see a movie but couldn't because of country restrictions? To me that really struck home. And even the kind of movie they saw -- an American comic book hero movie sequel with a distinguished director -- it made the manga very current. Ritsu becoming a mobile phone app was also very current. Someone on tumblr commented that Ritsu is an ideal female character pandering to otaku, except of course she's not real and is just a 2D image. Its stuff like this that makes AssClass fun to read.

It was really wish-fulfillment-y too, because Korosensei acted more like their guardian or parent than a teacher. But it made sense. I think the more Class E bond with Korosensei, the more he's going to drop the pretense of being a dangerous criminal -- even if he really is a dangerous criminal. I think its going to mess with their heads more and more. When Ritsu asked Karma why he doesn't try to kill Korosensei in the air, I almost got a bit of mood whiplash because Korosensei's personality didn't match up with Class E's objective, not in this chapter anyhow. Of course the newest member of the class would ask the most relevant question.

And then the ending was totally surprising, yet somewhat predictable. I'm interested in seeing why this kid calls Korosensei his brother. Does the new transfer kid have an objective besides killing Korosensei? It seems like it. But I think the fact that they're "brothers" will be used a lot more blatantly than it should. Maybe it'll be a red herring. I don't know!

Um yeah. Massive fangirl feelings for this chapter. *hides*
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I have my doubts about this whole 'brother' deal. While I do believe Korosensei has a sibling I doubt the new classmate is going to be it.

Nice chapter. Love that Matsui goes with the modern times unlike tons of other manga.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I beg to differ. I hope it gets animated at some time in the future.

The new chapter was hilarious... Obvious Dragon Ball reference was obvious. :D

I wonder what'll happen next? How are they brothers? oô
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When I realized what Matsui did with the two brothers in their baseball uniforms, I was like:

... for you see, the Chunichi Dragons have a pair of brothers carrying, you guessed it, the numbers 63 and 1. Takehiro Donoue is the older brother carrying the number 63, and Naomichi Donoue is the younger brother carrying the number 1.

There probably isn't an allusion to be found on the panel showing them as babies, but the one with the Korono nameplate in the background perplexes me. Can anyone figure out where it comes from?
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's evidently an allusion to the old comic strip Sazae-san, according to the Japanese fanblogs. The titular character's maiden name is Isono, so that's probably where the "Korono" bit comes in.
 
Top