Discussion Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi


  • Total voters
    54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Say what? DF's can appear in any fruit, they're not bound to a certain type.
Actually not since all Mera Mera will looks the same and every Gum Gum fruits will look the same. There is an encyclopedia of DFs. Only that some haven't been registered yet.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Actually not since all Mera Mera will looks the same and every Gum Gum fruits will look the same. There is an encyclopedia of DFs. Only that some haven't been registered yet.
Yeah my bad actually, I admit that I wasn't really thinking straight. I mean how would it look if the Mera Mera no Mi possessed a banana as it's next reincarnation ^^
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That was on one occasion, Do you think Ace's fruit showed up somewhere inside Marineford after the War of the best? Because I sure don't. I think that Oda just wanted to show us how a DF reincarnates.
Well, yeah, I think that it shown up in Marineford.
(Just read the first post of this thread! :tem)

And it would still make sense.
Doflamingo (and pretty much the whole One Piece cast) was at Marineford when Ace died, so it's plausible that he found the fruit there.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Say what? DF's can appear in any fruit, they're not bound to a certain type.

Anyway we are getting Off-Topic.
Well, as far as we know, each DF has a specific fruit.
Otherwise, what would be the point to have a book with pictures of them, right?
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know, I'm surprised that some people think that the Flame Flame fruit would make the Straw Hats overpowered. How so? In addition to the Straw Hats having a rookie Logia, there are so many haki users in the New World. And let's not forget Akainu.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Well, yeah, I think that it shown up in Marineford.
(Just read the first post of this thread! :tem)

And it would still make sense.
Doflamingo (and pretty much the whole One Piece cast) was at Marineford when Ace died, so it's plausible that he found the fruit there.
Doflamingo could've also obtained it the same way Spandam obtained Kaku and Kalifa's fruits.
 

KuroKarasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2013
Messages
275
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
For me the Mera Mera doesn't even make the Top 5 of hax fruits. I mean what about Earthquake, Magma, Light, Poison, Darkness (don't wanna look up all the japanese names) and so on... ? I'm not sure if the Mera Mera would fit someone in the SH's but saying it would make them overpowered is simply wrong. If the fourth strongest member had it then he would still be easy to beat for every haki user. A DF alone can't boost THAT much!
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's in no way hax, it's simply a fire fruit, but one of the more powerful ones out there as fire can be used quiet offensively. Ace's fight with Teach was a great display.

I'm quoting so you see it in your subscribed list. Don't use the chapter outside of the discussion thread for 24hrs. Edit the information out or something.
 
Last edited:

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, unless Luffy can't get out, it looks like he's dropping out of the tournament. I just hope either Bartolomeo wins it and gives it to Luffy or Rebecca wins it. I don't think Luffy would like it it Burgess gets it, especially after he vowed not to let Burgess get it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me the Mera Mera doesn't even make the Top 5 of hax fruits. I mean what about Earthquake, Magma, Light, Poison, Darkness (don't wanna look up all the japanese names) and so on... ? I'm not sure if the Mera Mera would fit someone in the SH's but saying it would make them overpowered is simply wrong. If the fourth strongest member had it then he would still be easy to beat for every haki user. A DF alone can't boost THAT much!
fire is dangerous. It can burn you, it covers a wide rage, it can create smoke screens, the light from it can blind you, it can trigger bigger explosions especially with fuel and gases, it's hard to touch, it can spread super fast. It burns wood easily--which all pirate/marine ships are made up of in the manga.

Anyways, after the latest chapter, I really think Barto will either get it by winning or by stealing it. Either way he will end up giving it to luffy.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyways, after the latest chapter, I really think Barto will either get it by winning or by stealing it. Either way he will end up giving it to luffy.
I hope so. If Burgess gets it, I'll just die!
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope so. If Burgess gets it, I'll just die!
I think Burgess was brought in to throw us off. To say that burgess will take the mera mera fruit so that luffy will go after BB is stupid, since Luffy already probably blames BB for Ace's death, plus he said he wants to take down all the yonkou.

I think barto will give luffy the mera mera fruit since that would be the cleanest way to forge a bond/alliance, since Barto is creepy and would probably not be liked so much by luffy on a normal basis
 

Don Chinjao

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
249
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I think Burgess was brought in to throw us off. To say that burgess will take the mera mera fruit so that luffy will go after BB is stupid, since Luffy already probably blames BB for Ace's death, plus he said he wants to take down all the yonkou.

I think barto will give luffy the mera mera fruit since that would be the cleanest way to forge a bond/alliance, since Barto is creepy and would probably not be liked so much by luffy on a normal basis
There is a saying in my country that says eat big piece of food but dont say big words. Maybe it is your personal opinion that this wont happen but that doesnt mean it cant happen. so dont say big words when we dont know what the future has in store for us anything is higly possible to happen
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bellamy has got my vote.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
^ Bellamy's already a Bane Bane man.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Bellamy has got my vote.
You don't have to show off your lack of knowledge like that. :P

Ahh... two weeks to see if Luffy will stay in the turney or not. Barto had some interesting lines during his introductionary chapters, so he might get it for Luffy after all.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm sure Luffy will stay in the tournament. Remember that the reason he joined in the first place was to keep the Flame Flame fruit fro falling into the wrong hands. Also, he vowed to not like Blackbeard obtain it. Do you really think he'll forget that promise? He failed to save his brother, no doubt he'll refuse to lose his brother's DF.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You don't have to show off your lack of knowledge like that. :P

Ahh... two weeks to see if Luffy will stay in the turney or not. Barto had some interesting lines during his introductionary chapters, so he might get it for Luffy after all.
How did he? The question is, "Who will get Ace's mera mera no mi?" Not who will consume it, so he hasn't really said anything wrong. Nor is it an entirely confirmed fact, it's just a claim as far as I recall.


I hope Burgess gets the fruit though. It'll either be him or a Donquixote family who gets the fruit, hopefully Luffy fails and Rebecca nor anyone else even goes near the fruit. I wouldn't mind Luffy getting it and keeping it safe though, especially to give to the person he thinks is worthy of becoming a pirate king.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Would you also be so nice to give a reason for why Jesus or the Donquixotes should/will get it? A logical one that will further Luffy and not put him down in the second arc above the surface of the New World.
 
Last edited:

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Burgess gets the fruit though. It'll either be him or a Donquixote family who gets the fruit, hopefully Luffy fails and Rebecca nor anyone else even goes near the fruit. I wouldn't mind Luffy getting it and keeping it safe though, especially to give to the person he thinks is worthy of becoming a pirate king.
Do you know how heartbreaking it would be if Burgess got it? It'd be like watching Ace's death all over again. Why is it a lot of people are rooting for what is worrying me the most in this arc? I thought Burgess was placed in this arc to show us how strong Luffy has gotten, not as the one to snatch the fruit away from him. Besides, why can't the Straw Hats have it? They need the power of a logia more than anyone.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Would you also be so nice to give a reason for why Jesus or the Donquixotes should/will get it? A logical one that will further Luffy and not put him down in the second arc above above the surface of the New World.
Because I find it better for the story. I'm not saying Donquixote should consume it, but I don't mind a Blackbeard eating the fruit and gaining the power. It'd provide a challenge and anger Luffy. I don't understand what you mean by "put him down in the second arc," given the fact that he failed to bring back Ace alive (though it's not his fault at all, and he still saved and freed Ace). I enjoy the thought of the Blackbeard pirates being stronger and presenting more challenge to the Straw Hats as much as I like the idea of Luffy keeping the fruit and giving it to the next worthy king.

Do you know how heartbreaking it would be if Burgess got it? It'd be like watching Ace's death all over again. Why is it a lot of people are rooting for what is worrying me the most in this arc? I thought Burgess was placed in this arc to show us how strong Luffy has gotten, not as the one to snatch the fruit away from him. Besides, why can't the Straw Hats have it? They need the power of a logia more than anyone.
Eh, heartbreak is what Luffy needs as motivation. I don't know if that's why Burgess was placed in this arc, but I personally think Luffy's stronger than anyone in Blackbeard's crew but Blackbeard himself, and that he was stronger before the timeskip. But yeah, I'd rather the Blackbeard get stronger and pose more of a challenge/threat to teh Straw Hat crew. Though I personally would prefer Luffy kill Blackbeard in the most painful way possible.

Why do they? They've done well without a logia user so far, invading Enies Lobby and making it out alive, and surviving even Punk Hazard. I don't mind they get a logia user, but I just think it's better to see them not get mera mera no mi. Plus, I'd rather Blackbeard get it than Rebecca....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top